Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

yea it's incredibly wild to have zero update after 'oh yea like yesterday he just randomly collapsed'.

I don't know if there's a thread for it but I just finished Why Women Kill's first season on Paramount, shockingly solid soap opera kinda drama that managed to actually end nicely. Haven't watched season 2 yet though, so maybe it shits the bed with the second storyline.

I wasn’t fussed about Why Women Kill s2 at first but it’s really grown on me, although I still prefer s1. Excited to see how it ends tomorrow.

You guys I am SO worried about Odenkirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

You guys I am SO worried about Odenkirk

God I know it's stressing me out a bit.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/28/bob-odenkirk-heart-related-unconscious-medical-emergency-better-call-saul/

quote:

Bob Odenkirk was hospitalized for a "heart-related incident" ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, and it was touch-and-go for the last day but it looks like he's now out of the woods.

Bob is awake inside an Albuquerque hospital and we're told he's on the rebound, but when he was rushed to the hospital Tuesday after collapsing on set it did not look good. We're told he was not conscious during the early hours in the hospital, although he's now lucid.

Bob's rep tells TMZ, "Bob and his family would like to express gratitude for the incredible doctors and nurses looking after him, as well as his cast, crew and producers who have stayed by his side."

Thank gently caress it wasn't an aortic dissection like John Ritter.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thank god. Breathing easier right now. Hope he recovers quickly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/birthdaynate/status/1420515313943302151
(Bob's son)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I can't remember the last time I was that worried about a celeb.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Thank God. He had just gotten triples of the Nova (triples is best).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
He’s one of the few celebrities where I’d be really bummed if he died.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was pretty bummed after Chadwick Boseman

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm still bummed when I remember MF DOOM is gone, didn't help it wasn't publicly announced till months after. Just feels like we were robbed.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Is Great News on Netflix worth getting in to? Saw it on my landing page, and am typically game for anything Tina Fey is involved with although I don't like Mr. Mayor.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

zoux posted:

I can't remember the last time I was that worried about a celeb.

Just an insane amount of content and creativity he's shepherd into existence and is a godfather to.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
JEAN SMART WAS IN DESIGNING WOMEN?!?!??!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it weird that I found the line up reveal in episode two of Ultra City Smiths kind of gripping? Also the episode got a big laugh out of me when Tom Waits' narrator returns and explains that he was gone for so long because he has another narration job on the side.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I made an Ultra City Smiths thread. I feel like it's gonna need some discussion.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
All of S1 of Dave has been good but the last two episodes were fantastic.
This show is so good y'all.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

maybe I’m in an emotional state and I need to steady myself, but if anything bad happens to Gata I’ll kill myself

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Is Great News on Netflix worth getting in to? Saw it on my landing page, and am typically game for anything Tina Fey is involved with although I don't like Mr. Mayor.

If 30 Rock is an A+ Great News is like a solid B. It’s worth checking out, but it’s not gonna stick around in your brain once you’re finished with it.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/birthdaynate/status/1420515313943302151

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/28/bob-odenkirk-heart-related-unconscious-medical-emergency-better-call-saul/

E: Beaten

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Missing posts is understandable but missing the actual thread title is hilarious

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WHo is Bob Oldenkirk

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

WHo is Bob Oldenkirk

Mods?!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

IRQ posted:

If this happens I'd prefer it just be Troy, Abed, and Annie at this point.

I really don't think Donald Glover is ever going to get involved with Harmon again.

For the most part the Community cast has done well post the show and at this point a movie has zero momentum.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa Ron Popeil died.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

zoux posted:

WHo is Bob Oldenkirk

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Woodstock 99 doc? Great entertainment, but analysis wise they really missed the ball. I am going to tell my kids that if Cobain didn't kill himself nu-metal would have never happen. That in the end Woodstock 99 is all his fault. That is pretty much what they say in a round about way during one part of the doc. Music journalist (most of them) are just the worst.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That's not what I got from it at all.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

IRQ posted:

That's not what I got from it at all.

I was reaching, just like some of their points were far reaching. The whole thing analysis wise just didn’t sit right with me, but it was a fun watch.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sitting here repeating "Bobo Denkirk" to myself and giggling like a moron

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Woodstock '99 doc rightfully placed blame partially on the frat culture but mostly on the greedy piss poor management of the event. It would be easy to put full blame on some idiot like Fred Durst but he only exacerbated what was already present. He deserves blame for not trying to calm it down as he was asked and for playing really terrible music but that's about the extent of blame that should be thrown his way.

X-O fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 29, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fred Dirst popularized the red baseball cap so really, he's to blame for the MAGA movement.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just cast a fat guy! Jared Leto is not that good!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

The Woodstock '99 doc rightfully placed blame partially on the frat culture but mostly on the greedy piss poor management of the event. It would be easy to put full blame on some idiot like Fred Durst but he only exacerbated what was already present. He deserves blame for not trying to calm it down as he was asked and for playing really terrible music but that's about the extent of blame that should be thrown his way.

Honestly, if you hire Fred Durst you know exactly what you're getting. It sounds like he just did a bog standard limp bizkit set. Full blame goes to the money grubbing shitlords managing it charging $4 for a bottle of water, not providing adequate toilets, and so on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

Honestly, if you hire Fred Durst you know exactly what you're getting. It sounds like he just did a bog standard limp bizkit set. Full blame goes to the money grubbing shitlords managing it charging $4 for a bottle of water, not providing adequate toilets, and so on.

I lay it squarely on the shoulders of that fucker that blamed the sexual assaults on the women. I can't believe he had the gall to say "Well they shouldn't have taken their shirts off" right to the camera. gently caress that guy.

And also you know, gently caress Moby. Seems like he's an rear end in a top hat too, but for entirely different reasons.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
like only having a single name, can't trust those guys

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eminem knew Moby was a fucker like 20 years ago and we didn't listen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

When he first popped up on the doc and was whining about not being on the Woodstock sign and talking poo poo about the other acts on the sign I knew then he was an rear end in a top hat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

X-O posted:

I lay it squarely on the shoulders of that fucker that blamed the sexual assaults on the women. I can't believe he had the gall to say "Well they shouldn't have taken their shirts off" right to the camera. gently caress that guy.

And also you know, gently caress Moby. Seems like he's an rear end in a top hat too, but for entirely different reasons.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/moby-on-being-politely-shut-down-ny-lana-del-rey.html

quote:

During dinner she told me she was a musician so I asked, “Will you play me some of your music?”

“Sure, do you have a piano?”

“Yes, back on the second floor,” I said.

“Floors in an apartment.” She shook her head. “Moby you know you’re the man.”

“Ha, thanks,” I said.

“No, not like that. You’re a rich WASP from Connecticut and you live in a five-level penthouse. You’re ‘The Man.’ As in, ‘stick it to The Man.’ As in the person they guillotine in the revolution.”

I didn’t know if she was insulting me but I decided to take it as a compliment.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
me, who knew nothing about W99 reading this thread: :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I don't know if we have a STREAMING WARZZZZZ thread, but the first self dealing lawsuit was filed by none other than Scarjo.

quote:

“Disney intentionally induced Marvel’s breach of the agreement, without justification, in order to prevent Ms. Johansson from realizing the full benefit of her bargain with Marvel,” the suit said.

Kind of weird one that could go to the studio with a sympatric judge. If they did release it during the pandemic she'd really get nothing because the take would have been abysmal. Disney probably hosed up when they charged roughly the equivalent of 2 theater tickets to watch it on D+ that I'm sure they're keeping.

Waiting for the eventual FRIENDS lawsuit when the check numbers don't go up because nbc kept it.