Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

KillerQueen posted:

Rogue armies are a very cool concept and I want a mod where you can play as one, just get a random assortment of units from 2 factions.

This is why I want Dogs of War so bad, mix & match is always great fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Vargs posted:

You won't get Drycha either.

Alright, but no unit limitations? Cheers

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

I had at least 8-9 different rogue armies spawn during my Eltharion campaign, 3 of which declared war on me. They are definitely still around.

Can confirm turn 101 in my thorgrim campaign and they're all over the map, even have 5 settlements going in TK land.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Broken Cog posted:

Alright, but no unit limitations? Cheers

You're not limited to any of the units, however a lot of the tree units work much better depending on the lord. Like, using tree-kin and dryads is much more fun and worthwhile under Durthu or Drycha, which you won't have if you don't buy Realm of the Wood Elves.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Squibbles posted:

In my game I just encountered the School of Pyrotechnics, whos armies consist entirely of a lord and hellblaster volley guns. Their settlement garrisons appear to be a combination of hellblasters and grenade launcher cav. The first army of theirs I encountered as actually 16 hellblasters.

They are pretty awful to fight as the dwarves. I end up having to hide all my infantry and just march my lord/heroes in to murder everything.

I did too, but Taurox with a couple Minotaur units simply deleted them. I'm finishing my campaign as Beastmen, and I think there's something broken with AI reacting to them - I had enemy attack me total of 2 times.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
IDK the AI likes to gently caress with my herd stones, which is annoying, because they autoresolve really poorly.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Guess I'm just unlucky in not hitting many rogue armies.

Miners with blasting charge are dirt cheap in single player. They seem undercost in multi but I don't have a clue about balance there.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

alex314 posted:

I did too, but Taurox with a couple Minotaur units simply deleted them. I'm finishing my campaign as Beastmen, and I think there's something broken with AI reacting to them - I had enemy attack me total of 2 times.

It might be in part because you spend so much time hidden. Unless you're raiding or sieging, which I spent almost no time doing as Taurox.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

I started a Volkmar campaign to see what all the fuss was about and noticed that they moved Knights of the Blazing Sun to the regular cavalry building. I stared at it for about a minute thinking I had accidentally installed some lovely unit mod.

Anyway Volkmar is really good now, arguably a better first pick for a Reikland campaign over Karl "+8 leadership :(" Franz.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I want to play Volkmar just to make a Free Company doomstack

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Good news, thread! An anonymous benefactor has given me Papa Nurgle's gift and I am now a proud Plaguebearer!

I know I wasn't the only one in here after that achievement, so if you want it PM me and we'll arrange a battle.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Guess I'm just unlucky in not hitting many rogue armies.

Miners with blasting charge are dirt cheap in single player. They seem undercost in multi but I don't have a clue about balance there.

Their stats are really horrid even when buffed up and the enemies you'll be facing will eat them up. They're great behind a line of shielded dawi units while throwing their blasting charge into the charging enemy then going in and absorbing some damage while dealing a little out. They're numbers are good for taking down big lords by swarming them and landing those MA free hits as the lord tries to push through them.

Even in campaign they're terrible so don't fall into the trap of having a ton of them, use at most 4 per stack but by T3 you shouldn't have any in your army at all unless it's a themed lord.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Sasgrillo posted:

I started a Volkmar campaign to see what all the fuss was about and noticed that they moved Knights of the Blazing Sun to the regular cavalry building. I stared at it for about a minute thinking I had accidentally installed some lovely unit mod.

Anyway Volkmar is really good now, arguably a better first pick for a Reikland campaign over Karl "+8 leadership :(" Franz.

Hey he also starts with 1 authority (I think)!!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you guys typically agree to event confederations, i.e. Imrik getting Caledor?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Do you guys typically agree to event confederations, i.e. Imrik getting Caledor?

Yes, usually because they make things both harder and more interesting.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
I do for Norsca and for the new dwarf lord, usually take a pass on Imrik's. Empire confederation is usually a yes but will be deferred if I don't want to deal with the hassle or have the finances at that exact moment

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ripper Swarm posted:

Good news, thread! An anonymous benefactor has given me Papa Nurgle's gift and I am now a proud Plaguebearer!

I know I wasn't the only one in here after that achievement, so if you want it PM me and we'll arrange a battle.

At first I thought this was a very odd way of telling everyone you caught covid before I remembered the achievement.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
there's definitely been a change in the color saturation or something in the patch with the new dlc, the game looks amazing now. it just pops.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

there's definitely been a change in the color saturation or something in the patch with the new dlc, the game looks amazing now. it just pops.

I think it depends on the map, the lighting and stuff is on a per map basis. Some look great, some make units look like poo poo. Maybe you are just playing in a new area and getting new maps?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FCv5xfbq38

Massive effort mod to create a narrative dwarf mercenary company campaign. It includes custom battles, cutscenes, unique units, voice acting and a mission select. It’s basically a version of the Shadow of the Horned Rat in the Total War engine.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2560175114

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 31, 2021

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

Hey he also starts with 1 authority (I think)!!!

Nope

Poor Karl

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lawdog69 posted:

IDK the AI likes to gently caress with my herd stones, which is annoying, because they autoresolve really poorly.
An elf army attacked a herdstone of mine that was built on top of a minor settlement. I would have lost the autoresolve so I tried playing it out. I drew an elven gate map to defend with. I won a decisive victory.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

In SP they are fun but also as fragile as regular miners so they are kind a niche. They are great at disrupting charging Black Orcs from behind or beside a unit better suited to eating a charge from a greenskin unit but just melt in an actual melee.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

An elf army attacked a herdstone of mine that was built on top of a minor settlement. I would have lost the autoresolve so I tried playing it out. I drew an elven gate map to defend with. I won a decisive victory.

In SP they are fun but also as fragile as regular miners so they are kind a niche. They are great at disrupting charging Black Orcs from behind or beside a unit better suited to eating a charge from a greenskin unit but just melt in an actual melee.

when i play Clan Angrund I use a lot of blast miners because gently caress everything else is so EXPENSIVE

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are we getting the advisor guy in Warhammer 3?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jay Rust posted:

A giantogre stepped on him

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Triskelli posted:

Massive effort mod to create a narrative dwarf mercenary company campaign. It includes custom battles, cutscenes, unique units, voice acting and a mission select. It’s basically a version of the Shadow of the Horned Rat in the Total War engine.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2560175114

Wow, this looks cool.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

rideANDxORdie posted:

I do for Norsca and for the new dwarf lord, usually take a pass on Imrik's. Empire confederation is usually a yes but will be deferred if I don't want to deal with the hassle or have the finances at that exact moment
Huh, does Thorek get a confederation event? Is this ME only, since the other Dwarf lands aren't on the Vortex map?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

I'll be trying this mod out tonight. Looks very interesting.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A friend said he is crashing while loading up the reunite mod and I just downloaded and loaded it up with the listed required mods and I'm getting the default advisor voice-over instead of theirs during the movies and the battles aren't starting.

Do the required mods also require mods?

edit: I got it working myself in kaedrin's mod manager with the right load order, but my friend still seems to have it crash on the first battle and have the advisor talk about elves.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 31, 2021

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Am I missing something or do the new Chameleon Stalkers really put how bad red-crested skinks are into perspective. You get to pay more for worse stats and worse special rules? I mean they're a tier lower, but why the hell are you paying more?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Yet another reason I hate the pandemic Luckyspade, the guy that makes my favorite mod, works for the NHS so the past 18 months he's been busy with his normal job instead of the mod.

The great thing about many of the changes is that it makes blasting charge miners tremendously effective at their intended role. The overhaul tweaks friendly unit collision which has two benefits-offensively melee units can get more guys in stabbing range particularly in choke points and sieges. Defensively blast effects are absolutely devastating to said clumped units.

Bomb throwing zombies from vampire coast are a similar story. They are devastating when used correctly but you need finesse because you only get a few shots and it's ideal to set them to hold fire until the critical moment.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Everything lucky did was wonderful.

Too pure for this world.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

KillerQueen posted:

Am I missing something or do the new Chameleon Stalkers really put how bad red-crested skinks are into perspective. You get to pay more for worse stats and worse special rules? I mean they're a tier lower, but why the hell are you paying more?

Unit size. Red Crests have more models per unit than the stalkers, which means that they're much better at up front fair engagements. Stalkers have a tiny unit size so they can get easily swamped.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Elukka posted:

Huh, does Thorek get a confederation event? Is this ME only, since the other Dwarf lands aren't on the Vortex map?

I think he has one on both but I can confirm the ME one for sure. On ME it's a dilemma that let's you confederate the minor dwarf faction just south of Black Crag. I think on Vortex you get the chance to confederate the Spine of Sotek dwarfs.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Throek gets one in Vortex too. Shortly after you secure your starting province you get an event to confederate your northern neighbors.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

Volkmar also has a skill for +40 relations with human factions, so it's also much easier flor him to get +1 fealty from high relations with the other counts compared to Karl.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

that guy is like 85 so I think they’ve been scaling him back as he’s semiretired or something

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Taurox is grotesque with the sword of khane

I love this little mad cow. Just an absolute blender

All that armor, melee defense, wardsave and regen plus like 120 melee attack right now AND he's fast. He just runs up to things and delete them while brushing off entire armies

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Jay Rust posted:

The advisor guy appears at the end of the game 3 trailer where shows us the map of Cathay.

Anyone have any tips for doing VH ME campaigns for Norsca and Warriors of Chaos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Dr Christmas posted:

Anyone have any tips for doing VH ME campaigns for Norsca and Warriors of Chaos?

Don't bother.

Like, I get that's not actually a useful response but WoC and Norsca didn't get a proper update to actually work in ME so if you wanna play them you're better off just loading up Warhams 1.