Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dog Case posted:

gently caress the homeless, let the children do a capitalism

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...84-cca5f58be3b9

Jesus christ this is the most Local News thing I have seen in years

quote:

At her stand, Elsa sells drinks, treats and flowers suitable for a princess... but no princess story would be complete without a villain.

"There was a wicked witch who called the ranger," said Elsa, referring to a neighbor who complained to the city's Parks Department

quote:

One 15-year homeowner who asked not to be identified for his family's safety told KING 5 in a statement, "The area has always been a problem. This past summer has been the worst. I don't feel safe in my backyard. I have called the police 5 or 6 times so far this summer. It seems homeless and criminals are more protected than law abiding folks. If people are happy with lemonade stands getting taken down and tents going up…it's only going to get worse."

"Homeless are more protected than law abiding folks" lmao whoops he said the thing out loud you're not supposed to say out loud but everyone knows you're thinking :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jesus christ the entire second half of the article

quote:

In fact, in the middle of KING 5's interview with little Elsa, a completely naked man walked out of the woods and came parading past the park.

Cherie rushed her granddaughter away as she dialed 911. "We have homeless people coming through here all the time," she told the operator, "but this is really bad. He's totally naked."

Everett police responded within a few minutes. The man was later spotted at a homeless camp a few blocks away.

"We've had people coming through here swinging weapons," said Cherie. "Something's very wrong with this picture."

Ironically, Elsa always donates half of her lemonade stand profits to the local homeless shelter. This year it was $61.

"We're trying to help these people and this is what happens? It's unbelievable," said Cherie.

Elsa and her grandmother retreated to their backyard after the encounter with the naked man. Elsa passed out Oreos and drinks in fancy cups. Their attitude: when life gives you lemons...throw a tea party.

"She has handled it really well, which makes me happy," said Cherie, "but we need a better response to the things that are really dangerous. Leave the little kids alone for heaven's sakes. Let them have their lemonade stands!"

First off holy poo poo gently caress you, but second I love that her position is now basically "Look I just want my granddaughter to be allowed to stay in the place where people frequently come through "swinging weapons" and also walk around naked, what is so wrong about that huh parks department??"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

All I want is for the city to come in with a big bulldozer and scoop away all the homeless people like that one scene in Soylent Green and they can't even show a *little* gratitude at the sixty bucks a year we give the homeless shelter they are not living at? God the nerve of some people!

e: It just hit me that she called 911 to report the urgent, threatening emergency of "I saw a penis". Like it doesn't sound like the dude was a flasher or anything, just that he wandered by naked for some reason. This lady needs some kind of NextDoor equivalent of the Nobel Prize

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 17:45 on Jul 31, 2021

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

it's illegal to be homeless under capitalism because you arent paying rent

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Shame Boy posted:

All I want is for the city to come in with a big bulldozer and scoop away all the homeless people like that one scene in Soylent Green and they can't even show a *little* gratitude at the sixty bucks a year we give the homeless shelter they are not living at? God the nerve of some people!

e: It just hit me that she called 911 to report the urgent, threatening emergency of "I saw a penis". Like it doesn't sound like the dude was a flasher or anything, just that he wandered by naked for some reason. This lady needs some kind of NextDoor equivalent of the Nobel Prize

They can bulldoze them right over into the sound

It's right next to the port but it's still rich people nimby poo poo because it's near Seattle, everything is rich people nimby poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dog Case posted:

They can bulldoze them right over into the sound

It's right next to the port but it's still rich people nimby poo poo because it's near Seattle, everything is rich people nimby poo poo

Literally next to a place called the Rucker Mansion lmao

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

love the implication that you have an hour to drink like a 100 ounces of soda

spiking my blood sugar because the coke freestyle machine gave me fomo

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Freestyle machines are entirely capitalism.png in their pointlessness.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

Freestyle machines are entirely capitalism.png in their pointlessness.

They're not only pointless, but the soda tastes significantly worse from them because it all comes from the same spigot, so anything you drink, you're getting a little bit of everything. Plus I'm sure the syrup being in little ink carts instead of the traditional bag in a box deal probably affects the taste too.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

They're not only pointless, but the soda tastes significantly worse from them because it all comes from the same spigot, so anything you drink, you're getting a little bit of everything. Plus I'm sure the syrup being in little ink carts instead of the traditional bag in a box deal probably affects the taste too.

Eh I've always thought the soda tasted much better from freestyle machines. It's actually one of the ~selling points~ used to justify the stupid RFID cartridge system, that it ensures you only get the Genuine Certified Coca Cola Taste because it's sealed in technology rather than dumb old bags or whatever. It's mostly bullshit used to justify jacking up the price 800% of course, but at least personally I have tried all the various Coke flavors at the museum in Atlanta (which I'm pretty sure is as close to a International Standard Reference Coke as you're gonna get) and the freestyle machines do come real close to that pretty much 100% of the time regardless of where I am, whereas a normal soda fountain flavor can be all over the place depending on how much traffic the store gets (so how fresh the syrup is), if they're running the water through a water filter first etc.

It probably varies a ton though based on what particular drink you're getting and I'm pretty much just always getting a coke zero from one if I'm using them at all, so it's entirely possible other flavors are a lot more sensitive to the whole single spigot thing and I just haven't noticed :shrug:

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Norton posted:

you guys sure have a bunch of strong opinions about an entire field of professionals from like the 4 doctors you've met personally. what are the professions of smart people who are all really nice and good? my personal experience with doctors is some of them are great, some are mediocre and some are awful. wow just like mechanics or teachers or any other job that i can think of.

owing to my line of work in the "real life", i run into many doctors. the women doctors i find to be the sexiest.

edit: it's something about that natural arrogance of a doctor combined with that femininity seeping through their subtle tomboyish affectations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Reverend Zero posted:

love the implication that you have an hour to drink like a 100 ounces of soda

spiking my blood sugar because the coke freestyle machine gave me fomo

So you buy your soft drink in your RFID cup.

Pour its contents into another container.

Refill.

Note: I've never even seen one of the these machines, so I have no idea if this would even work.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Stop drinking soda you loving mooks!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mycomancy posted:

Stop drinking soda you loving mooks!

Ok, nana, let's get you back in your rocking chair

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Dr. pepper is the best soda and all else are but pale imitations

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Giving myself diabetes to own the capitalists

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Look at these health paragons that never indulge in treats

So impressive

We're not worthy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Bloop posted:

Look at these health paragons that never indulge in treats

So impressive

We're not worthy

the coke defender

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

owing to my line of work in the "real life", i run into many doctors. the women doctors i find to be the sexiest.

edit: it's something about that natural arrogance of a doctor combined with that femininity seeping through their subtle tomboyish affectations.

:hmmyes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Failed Imagineer posted:

the coke defender

coca cola the company can rot in capitalist hell forever but i'm def lol @ goons chiding others for their minor health vices

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Soda sucks spend your treat budget on drugs and cheeseburgers instead, red meat and heart disease taste better than sugar and beetus imo.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

The Bloop posted:

coca cola the company can rot in capitalist hell forever but i'm def lol @ goons chiding others for their minor health vices

Lol @ "goons" and "minor vices."

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The Bloop posted:

do real coke you loving wimps

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

i am harry posted:

do real coke you loving wimps

Bring back original recipe coca cola and get the best of both worlds!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
soda does suck but I do enjoy an icee coke like 2x per year. a nice frozen treat

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

diet dr. pepper

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/neighbours_wifi/status/1421629801740349443

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lmao they got tents, how about all the people here who had to work through that storm without even getting tents

Like me

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Tents seem like a great way to get blown away though?

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Look you get Sunday as a guaranteed day off, you should feel lucky to stand in a parking lot dealing with chikfila customers in a hurricane for minimum wage. Nobody wants to work.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I thought this was the capitalism.jpg thread not crab_bucket.txt

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

BonHair posted:

Tents seem like a great way to get blown away though?

Only if the wind got in tents.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shifty Nipples posted:

diet dr. pepper

i liked diet cherry vanilla dr pepper but i haven't seen it for sale for almost a decade

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

blatman posted:

i liked diet cherry vanilla dr pepper but i haven't seen it for sale for almost a decade

Sadly, coke freestyle machines are the only way to acquire this nectar of the gods

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

commie kong posted:

this site is insane

when an employee dies on the shop floor, play your “poo poo happens, nothing can be done” video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BajbYGDJ6s&t=25s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Christ, you can buy shares of artwork now

https://www.masterworks.io/

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

PostNouveau posted:

Christ, you can buy shares of artwork now

https://www.masterworks.io/

Top tier money laundering

You don’t even need to pay for shipping and storage of actual art

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Good. Put all the cars underground, let pedestrians and cyclists have the surface.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Hmm no accidents will ever happen in a claustrophobic tunnel with next to no egress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
w-we already have tunnels

tunnels is not a new invention in traffic afaik