Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
please god no.

I'm probably a bit softer on Rose than most, but please loving god keep that man away from the basketball team in Chicago.

That loving discourse will be completely insufferable.

Rose Stans are the fuuuuuuuuuuucking woooooooorst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Coaches poll for DPOTY from the athletic

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
really hoping to hear about the massive deal Furkan Korkmaz is going to sign soon

the Sixers will regret not bringing him back

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
We drafted a Chicago kid, and Dotson is still on the team and from Chicago.

Please. Do not bring Derrick Rose and re open all that cursed energy.

Let the Rose people love him and celebrate him from afar. And let the people who rightfully dislike or hate him in the Bulls fandom not have to interact with the Rose stans.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yes, swapping THjr for Schroder. Do it

quote:

“Chicago, Miami and Dallas are among the teams expected to show interest in Schröder, who shot 33.5% from three last season,” wrote Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

Yes, swapping THjr for Schroder. Do it

I feel like highlighting his 3 point shooting rather than his speed or defense is kinda dumb

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

Let the Rose people love him and celebrate him from afar. And let the people who rightfully dislike or hate him in the Bulls fandom not have to interact with the Rose stans.

Kendrick Nunn an FA this summer too!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Boston, I’m told, has interest in an Isaiah Thomas reunion, with new Celtics president of basketball operations Brad Stevens known to be one of Thomas’ biggest fans

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Schroder fills a need Dallas desperately needs but what a monkey's paw way of getting that.

Go get DeRozan instead if your strongly looking at Schroder.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Dallas further ruining their three point shooting for flawed players other teams don’t want is bad. Last year people in this thread convinced me the Richardson trade was good. Don’t feel like pretending Schroeder is good this year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
In 2021 Schröder is better than Derozan

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dexo posted:

Butler just radiates Jeff George energy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Metapod posted:

In 2021 Schröder is better than Derozan

disagree. Almost 10% higher TS%, much better rate getting to the line, more assists per possession, would create real risk on-ball with his midrange game. DeRozan is still pretty good and you can probably get him for the MLE, so you can keep THj too.

His D sucks but Schroder's not moving the needle much for you either.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1422193903705415685?s=21

You might luck out on this one, bro. The only group of people who might be as insane about Rose are the Memphis State fans who fondly remember the almost perfect season. If he comes back, he will immediately be the most popular jersey seller in Memphis, even surpassing Ja.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Getting harder for me to remember the last NBA offseason that wasn't amazing, literally every media outlet can write these pieces about this year's tepid FA class and how everyone's up against the cap and all that and it still always ends up awesome

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Separate Rose and Thibs at your own peril. They'll find their way back to each other.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
THJ gives them great spacing, but he can't pass, play defense, or create his own shot besides sometimes chucking up contested threes.

Yeah Schroeder has his own problems and I'd probably prefer to keep the spacing, but I can see the thought behind it.

Anyway I doubt any of this is actually real or will happen, and maybe THJ wants to leave anyway.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Anyone seriously arguing Dennis Schröder is currently better than Demar DeRozan needs to have their head... oh wait, it's just Metapod.

Carry on.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

His D sucks but Schroder's not moving the needle much for you either.

Clearly he moved the needle with the Lakers.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

Clearly he moved the needle with the Lakers.

They has a slightly better rating and a difference from 1st to 3rd on DRTG between last year without him and this year with him. He didn't hurt them for sure but also didn't help them. They were functionally identical.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

They has a slightly better rating and a difference from 1st to 3rd on DRTG between last year without him and this year with him. He didn't hurt them for sure but also didn't help them. They were functionally identical.

They were functionally identical despite AD missing half of the season

He was a very good defender for us last year

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Schroeder would be worse than Brunson so if they also lose him it would be awful.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let's be clear Dallas shouldn't go after Schröder or Derozan because they need a number 2 option badly and those guys aren't it.

Derozan is a sg who is so slow now he had to move to pf and yes he maintained good offensive production thanks to the spurs system. He is not better than Schröder in the present

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah this seems to be the part everyone forgets is the Lakers just kept playing top 2 defense without AD. Either Montrez and Damian Jordan are elite defensive centers or they had really good perimeter defense.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Opposing defenses had an ORTG +5 higher with Schroder on the floor vs off. On/Off isn't the best measurement but that's not where you want to land.

Schoder is an active defender. Active guard defenders don't actually impact defense as much as they appear to. He is good and definitely better than DeRozan but the impact is on that side of the floor is just way smaller than on the offensive side.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

Yeah this seems to be the part everyone forgets is the Lakers just kept playing top 2 defense without AD. Either Montrez and Damian Jordan are elite defensive centers or they had really good perimeter defense.

Just to embellish the point, Rick misspelled Damian Jones' name because he's that forgettable

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: if our starting front court is Tobias Harris and Richaun Holmes
https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1422215346216394753

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I am really sorry for saying that Josh Richardson would be good. He is a Miami Heat illusion. I don’t know how they loving do it over there, well I have some suspicions

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Just to embellish the point, Rick misspelled Damian Jones' name because he's that forgettable

Lmao poo poo.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: if our starting front court is Tobias Harris and Richaun Holmes
https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1422215346216394753

Swapping Bagley with Harris would be a pretty big upgrade. Holmes/Harris/Barnes/Haliburton/Fox sounds pretty solid. Still leaves a ok bench too. Wait no, no bench, I was thinking Hield off the bench.

I mean, they are a super-star short of actually doing anything but that is a lot closer to the play-in than this year.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Evan Massey is like Scoop B level "sources"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Was Derrick Jones Junior ever good?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

At dunking!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dexo posted:

I hear you saying no but Derrick doesn't always take no for an answer.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

i don't get why he started so many games for the blazers. people (don't ask me to cite sources, i don't remember) said he finally learned how to shoot and he'd be an ideal kelly oubre style bouncy spacer that could slash to the basket but he just completely disappeared. his defense isn't really anything special either, he might be an ok team defender which doesn't really matter when you're on the blazers.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

knicks getting cam payne would make both teams mad

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

morestuff posted:

Kawhi is a better GM than LeBron, at least

Kawhi is not a championship winning general manager like Lebron James.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

is someone going to say Justise Winslow isn't any good next?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

I know this is already sort of a rule of thumb, but let’s just write this in stone. Signing miami free agents is like signing a patriots free agent, you’re not gonna get the same poo poo they got out of this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

WhyteRyce posted:

Is there any evidence to suggest he is?