Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Chard posted:

piss comes out
bliss comes in

you can't explain that

https://twitter.com/conceptsbot/status/1422403055920852993

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

its the same.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMonks11/status/1422386703004839936

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/beanburden/status/1422388894813892631

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

nobody cares

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

every now and then I think about this tweet

https://twitter.com/starboots_/status/1215419052509859841

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

governor of oklahoma:sounds like a you problem lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Harton posted:

Is it dire straits souper!? Is it sultans that you are looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXHGxmzwW4

jeez this is a vibe thanks

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Consummate Professional posted:

governor of oklahoma:sounds like a you problem lol

wow i agree with the gov of oklahoma on something

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

probably fine

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I want to point this out again. It flew under the radar initially, but people should be paying attention to it.

We admitted the lowest number of people since the 80's to FICA-related programs last year. Early estimates put this year to be even lower. The enormity of COVID is completely rewiring the social safety net in this country.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

its definitely a name that will make you stick out

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

OK stands for Open Biden

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

if ICU beds are maxed out and it comes down to a triage situation does it become ethical to prioritize people who got vaccinated and tried to do the right thing over folks who didn't even try to save themselves. like, assuming there are two people who had equal access to taking time off work, transporting themselves to a vaccination center, have similar age/health/economic backgrounds, etc.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

PDP-1 posted:

if ICU beds are maxed out and it comes down to a triage situation does it become ethical to prioritize people who got vaccinated and tried to do the right thing over folks who didn't even try to save themselves. like, assuming there are two people who had equal access to taking time off work, transporting themselves to a vaccination center, have similar age/health/economic backgrounds, etc.

based on the exceptional rarity of ICU patients who are vaccinated outside of older or immuno-compromised I imagine that they likely wouldn't actually get favorable treatment. Triage wants to prioritize pregnant mothers, then younger people, etc.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

reminder that hospitalization among vaccinated people is pretty goddamn rare still.

the fact that you're probably an asymptomatic death bomb who can give it to ur kids is the bigger issue

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

reminder that hospitalization among vaccinated people is pretty goddamn rare still.

the fact that you're probably an asymptomatic death bomb who can give it to ur kids is the bigger issue

in other words, don't have kids

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/iW73fTI.mp4

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Schnorkles posted:

Yeah it's a real Oops all Typhoid Mary situation, alongside the risk of long-term damage to your brain / heart / lungs / kidneys / etc even in totally asymptomatic cases, plus you're contributing to strengthening the virus in the long-term by fostering the spread of mutations resilient enough to survive in a vaccinated system

Even if you don't die or end up in the hospital or even suffer any repercussions in your own life at that moment, it's still all in all not great

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Schnorkles posted:

geez when you say it like that you make it sound...bad?

I mean after years of the kids bringing every plague home from school turnabout's fair play

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bilirubin posted:

I mean after years of the kids bringing every plague home from school turnabout's fair play

Theoretically speaking, from friends complaining about their gross kid diseases. I don't have any. Although my current dog got giardia which whew let me tell you you do not forget that smell. That's basically the same thing right?

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Bilirubin posted:

relax, we have a week or so until schools start up again.

enjoy these good times while they last

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
right before my grandpa died he was getting real into HCQ. my grandma watches fox all the time because I straight up hear the tucker carlson talking points from her

anyways, im probably gonna tap out the second I start complaining about "kids these days" or "immigrants"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

honestly people are talking about how the schools opening up are gonna be a problem but you're actually basically entirely wrong

delta gonna be ripping through the population long before early September

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

PDP-1 posted:

No, this is lib poo poo op, the end result of what you're proposing is a bunch of poor people and minorities get triaged because the system itself will execute what you're suggesting with insane racial bias

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

ram dass in hell posted:

No, this is lib poo poo op, the end result of what you're proposing is a bunch of poor people and minorities get triaged because the system itself will execute what you're suggesting with insane racial bias

this is lib poo poo op those people don't actually end up in the ICU because they get shunted because they don't have insurance

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

never not respirator crew

dance on the corpse grounds

hail satan

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the hospital "stabilizes" you and "sends you home with oxygen"

you don't get to the ICU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bearjew posted:

in other words, don't have kids

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I trust Schnorkles. He is not an evil person.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

a.lo posted:

I trust Schnorkles. He is not an evil person.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Plinkey picking up a cheeser at sheetz

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

that owns unironically. DIE.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

Plinkey picking up a cheeser at sheetz

incredible deja vu on this gif and response

perhaps im finally dying

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Schnorkles posted:

this is lib poo poo op those people don't actually end up in the ICU because they get shunted because they don't have insurance

Oh ok carry on I'm sure the healthcare system will implement this idea equitably if you say so. Hey does anyone smell dog turds?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Chard posted:

incredible deja vu on this gif and response

perhaps im finally dying

Nah i got it too but then realized that caption is used for any gif of a thing getting snatched by a hungry thing

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
https://twitter.com/Vanessa_ABee/status/1422037196878516230?s=19

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

meanwhile, in Copenhagen

https://i.imgur.com/Hqj9nH5.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009