Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

eschaton posted:

inshallah

out of curiosity, do you really think all those people dying would change anything in the US? like, do you really think these anti-vax numbskulls are driving US domestic and foreign policy?

or do you just enjoy the thought of people who disagree with you being punished?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
let's be real, even if 50% of rural texas died and flipped the state solid blue, that still wouldn't make the dems willing to pass any meaningful legislation.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

fart simpson posted:

you think this thing has like a 50% mortality rate or something?

thanos variant

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I enjoy the thought of anti-vaccine jackasses dying of something they could have gotten vaccinated against

people who are unvaccinated but plan to get or can’t get the vaccine have my deepest sympathy and I would honestly trade the life of every single anti-vaccine shithead on the right and left for their survival, if that were somehow possible

also don’t underestimate just how close a lot of elections actually are, especially in the areas of the United States with very low population density—it really doesn’t take much, for example deaths that are disproportionately concentrated among right-wing voters, to tip a bunch of elections at every level

that’s why the right is so keen on doing as much voter suppression as possible, they know even the tiniest bit can affect some outcomes, and that can have a cascade effect

I bet you also got huffy at people who celebrated Scalia’s death, hmm?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stringent posted:

or do you just enjoy the thought of people who disagree with you being punished?

i enjoy this

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
also it’s not “people that disagree with me” that I enjoy thinking of being punished

it’s “people who are making choices that are actively harmful to an enormous number of people in the middle of a global loving pandemic”

for example, if that anti-vaccine quack “Dr.” Mercola died from COVID, that would probably wind up saving thousands of lives simply because so many people follow his advice and enough might do something different without someone they trust telling them to kill everyone else

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Stringent posted:

when the disagreement is about whether or not i can get imprisoned or murdered for either being queer, miscegenating, not being white (or white enough), protesting, expressing dissent in any way, being a pedestrian near a protest and so on

i say hell yeah dude they should

be high minded but also understand the context of your high mindedness

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I would rather all the people I disagree with be punished, not just a random subset selected entirely by luck.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Mercola is the most shameful client I’ve ever had, by the way

back in the early 2000s when he was still in the Chicago suburbs, before IL regulators were a little too close to doing something about him, he wanted to set up a newsletter and social web site and hired me for a couple days consulting to spec out a bunch of it, and I took the gig because I didn’t know who the hell he was

he’s very nice and considerate and smart in person, and since we didn’t talk about actual medicine and I was young and naïve and didn’t bother to research him before taking the gig, I had no idea just what kind of poo poo he was responsible for promoting

(this was also before the big “vaccines = autism” thing so he hadn’t hopped on that bandwagon yet, but if I’d bothered to check QuackWatch I’d have known better what kind of shithead I was dealing with)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Share Bear posted:

when the disagreement is about whether or not i can get imprisoned or murdered for either being queer, miscegenating, not being white (or white enough), protesting, expressing dissent in any way, being a pedestrian near a protest and so on

hell yeah

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Share Bear posted:

then you should be wishing death upon elected representatives and the rich instead. rural texans have no power to actually do any of those things other than personally deciding to murder you, individually i guess

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

eschaton posted:

I enjoy the thought of anti-vaccine jackasses dying of something they could have gotten vaccinated against

people who are unvaccinated but plan to get or can’t get the vaccine have my deepest sympathy and I would honestly trade the life of every single anti-vaccine shithead on the right and left for their survival, if that were somehow possible

also don’t underestimate just how close a lot of elections actually are, especially in the areas of the United States with very low population density—it really doesn’t take much, for example deaths that are disproportionately concentrated among right-wing voters, to tip a bunch of elections at every level

that’s why the right is so keen on doing as much voter suppression as possible, they know even the tiniest bit can affect some outcomes, and that can have a cascade effect

I bet you also got huffy at people who celebrated Scalia’s death, hmm?

ok so say you get your way. hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of uninformed, misinformed, hell maybe just stupid and mean people die of the virus. enough to tip a few elections to the democrats.

what then? what's going to happen that makes all of that worth while?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

then you should be wishing death upon elected representatives and the rich instead. rural texans have no power to actually do any of those things other than personally deciding to murder you, individually i guess

oh we wish that too but we're smart enough to realize that every time any one of those catch it they get immediately whisked away to a private suite with ten doctors and the best you-couldnt-afford-this-even-if-we-let-you-have-it treatments that exist

they fuckin aimed the medicine firehose at trump, graham, and all the others

they'll never let any of the big movers go out like stan chera

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

oh we wish that too but we're smart enough to realize that every time any one of those catch it they get immediately whisked away to a private suite with ten doctors and the best you-couldnt-afford-this-even-if-we-let-you-have-it treatments that exist

they fuckin aimed the medicine firehose at trump, graham, and all the others

they'll never let any of the big movers go out like stan chera

then it doesn’t really matter does it?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
explaining how it would be fruitful would be a deep dive into the concepts of accelerationism, and that is basically verboten here. im in a good mood tonight

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
death to america

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

fart simpson posted:

oh yeah i know, my response was specifically to their argument

quote:

be high minded but understand the context of your high mindedness

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

death to america

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Share Bear posted:

oh yeah i know, my response was specifically to their argument

sorry we seem to have gotten a wire crossed somewhere you quoted yourself there, not me

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Stringent posted:

sorry we seem to have gotten a wire crossed somewhere you quoted yourself there, not me

kiss my rear end , you can read these are all on the same page lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

death to america

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

America…... is alright I guess :twisted:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Stringent posted:

ok so say you get your way. hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of uninformed, misinformed, hell maybe just stupid and mean people die of the virus. enough to tip a few elections to the democrats.

what then? what's going to happen that makes all of that worth while?

If you can't enjoy the journey you won't have fun once we get there either.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

RokosCockatrice posted:

If you can't enjoy the journey you won't have fun once we get there either.

there is no journey, we're there already.

so i guess you're right.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
no YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

death to america

life in prison to america

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Doc Block posted:

life in prison to america

Is the prison called "America"?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

endlessmonotony posted:

John Carpenter’s Escape from America

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

endlessmonotony posted:

m. night has entered the chat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

endlessmonotony posted:

no, prisons don’t usually grind the rest of the world into the dirt

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
settle down focault

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Doc Block posted:

John Carpenter’s Escape from America

lol

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

bump_fn posted:

settle down focault

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

reminder that the vocal antivax idiots do not even represent the majority of the unvaccinated.

the black and hispanic communities have the lowest vaccination rates. the worst zip code in florida for vaccinations is also the blackest and poorest, for example. there is zero outreach to the black community in florida and the south in general.

while you’re lusting for chud death, minorities are getting sick and dying more.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Mr. Nice! posted:

reminder that the vocal antivax idiots do not even represent the majority of the unvaccinated.

the black and hispanic communities have the lowest vaccination rates. the worst zip code in florida for vaccinations is also the blackest and poorest, for example. there is zero outreach to the black community in florida and the south in general.

while you’re lusting for chud death, minorities are getting sick and dying more.

it’s in the Confederacy for gently caress’s sake

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Mr. Nice! posted:

they sound like the enemy and deserve to die, op! or so i hear from this thread…

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

lol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

somebody refill grandpa's ativan bag, he's making sounds with his face meat again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

wow nice obviously faked document that some kid wrote.