Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TheHan posted:

Yeah I think it's sorta like how in Jackie Chan adventures Shendu being on earth kept the balance of power in check, and when Jade destroyed him it left a power vacuum for someone to fill.

The idea that Ywach and Aizen were the evil counterbalance to Soul Society though? Laughable.

I think it's more like "They're the counterbalance to hell because they were so strong." I don't think morality factors in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Plus there presence was only keeping Hell from opening. They still needed the Souls of three powerful Figures to open up.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It’s like why you can’t open a car door underwater until your car fills with water too. There’s too much pressure outside so you can’t open it. Hell seems metaphysical enough that the spirit pressure outside doesn’t need to be in constant release, it just needs to be there, so when Unohana, Yamamoto, and Ukitake were alive that was good enough to make hell unable to open. Now there’s more pressure inside hell than outside so the flow is reversed I guess.

But who cares about logical world building? Certainly not Kubo Tite, he will try to remember his own stuff but he plays loose and just wants to draw cool poo poo and I’m here for it.

Also I’m loving that the gyaru’s shikai seems to take the form of her acrylic nails. Here’s hoping we get some kind of announcement for the future of bleach and it’s pretty much anything but an LN or gacha game.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah it would be extremely lame if this actually was a one-shot chapter and the cliffhanger is just setting up another LN. It's clear Kubo's still got it and from his own comments it sounds like what really killed Bleach was his inability to keep up with the absolutely asinine weekly release schedule WSJ expects of its mangaka. I'd be perfectly happy with Bleach Bort released monthly or even in a Miura/Togashi "gently caress you it'll be out when it's out" style.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Oh my, does this mean we might see an update of the old comparison comic?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Also I’m loving that the gyaru’s shikai seems to take the form of her acrylic nails. Here’s hoping we get some kind of announcement for the future of bleach and it’s pretty much anything but an LN or gacha game.

Give arcsys the license for a tag fighting game.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah, 70 pages every month or two would work out better than weekly. As long as Kubo has an editor to keep him from veering too far down the hole of new characters, I think it will be great

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Tentatively here for more of this, the art was fun to have back. Haven't bothered with Burn the Witch since the one shot prologue was kinda just enh.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Covok posted:

I think it's more like "They're the counterbalance to hell because they were so strong." I don't think morality factors in.

Oh wait this makes a lot more sense, and sorta builds on the whole balance of souls thing that was supposed to be a big deal originally.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

chumbler posted:

Give arcsys the license for a tag fighting game.

That would be amazing.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'd love a good Bleach fighting game. The only one I ever played was an abysmal Wii fighting game that was fully motion controlled and had some weird rock/paper/scissors focus to the combat flow. I also remember a weird half-baked musou game for the PS3 that had a really eclectic roster that didn't include core cast members but let you play as like, Stark and a weird version of Ichigo from the Hell movie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The DS game was good

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah, 70 pages every month or two would work out better than weekly. As long as Kubo has an editor to keep him from veering too far down the hole of new characters, I think it will be great
Sometimes I wonder if Kubo has an idea for a really awesome power, and a really awesome costume, and a really quirky personality and it never occurred to him to make one character with all of those traits so he just makes three and that's how we end up with 50 new villains every arc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It seems like Kubo would be alternating batches of New Bleach with batches of Burn the Witch and it's probably not a coincidence they're set at the same time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a bleach fighting game should be 1v1 with a small roster.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they should make it actually follow the format of bleach fights. when one character loses, a second character jumps in for a rescue and that's the format of each successive round.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they should make it actually follow the format of bleach fights. when one character loses, a second character jumps in for a rescue and that's the format of each successive round.
A MvC 2 style fighting game based on Bleach would be my kinda poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't actually know anything about fighting games

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well you described kof's format, essentially. Pick three characters and an order, and the fights go in that order with the previous round's winner staying, with a slight heal. No tagging, but super meter is preserved between characters, so the last one typically comes in fully stocked.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Do you like people fighting each other in over elaborate ways with cool combos?

That's all you need.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
You could adapt some of the funkier powersets in wild ways. Shinji's shikai reverses your inputs. Tousen turns the screen off. Don't even try to balance it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Aizen autoblocks all incoming attacks and no matter what 60 seconds into the round the opponent's head explodes from the bomb Aizen planted there 300 chapters ago off screen.

When Yammy's health hits 0 instead of dying his health integer just overflows to the highest value because who said the health bar goes from 0-100?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sydin posted:

Aizen autoblocks all incoming attacks and no matter what 60 seconds into the round the opponent's head explodes from the bomb Aizen planted there 300 chapters ago off screen.

Honestly Aizen would just kill you on the spot with no pretense, no previously planted bomb or anything. He wouldn't need it.

Real talk though they could have Soi Fon have a super that costs a lot of meter but if she hits you with it twice the character instantly dies. Plenty of interesting non-jokey ideas, particularly if you make bankais/resurrections be a thing you do during the match rather than just having the character be in just one of those forms.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 10, 2021

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Yo dawg, you know there is like 9 entries in "Bleach: Heat The Soul" series, the Bleach fighters for PSP?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've never heard of them so the ds games were probably better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bleach had the original Dark Souls

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Sometimes I wonder if Kubo has an idea for a really awesome power, and a really awesome costume, and a really quirky personality

Starrk

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It’s like why you can’t open a car door underwater until your car fills with water too. There’s too much pressure outside so you can’t open it. Hell seems metaphysical enough that the spirit pressure outside doesn’t need to be in constant release, it just needs to be there, so when Unohana, Yamamoto, and Ukitake were alive that was good enough to make hell unable to open. Now there’s more pressure inside hell than outside so the flow is reversed I guess.

But who cares about logical world building? Certainly not Kubo Tite, he will try to remember his own stuff but he plays loose and just wants to draw cool poo poo and I’m here for it.

The gyaru is easily my favorite new character.

Among, uh, all 2 new characters.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The gyaru is easily my favorite new character.

Among, uh, all 2 new characters.

My crack theory: mute shinigami with the exploding spirit animal shikai is Starrk's purified soul. Like, almost certainly isn't gonna be the case but it would be kind of cool if that lonely guy got some friends in the afterlife.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I really enjoyed Starrk and his deal and would like it if he got a happy ending, but canonically he's in hell. It's so funny how cruel the Bleach world is. Ukitake lived through centuries of chronic pain culminating with him sacrificing his life to save reality, and it didn't work. Then he went to hell! Poor guy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rawr.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The mute guy is cute

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol i just remembered that ywach killed all his own dudes twice

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait, why do super powerful hollows go to hell right away but shinigami/soul reapers need a ritual?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Strong Hollows are just made from a bunch of weaker Hollows.

I think.

Menos are just a ton of Hollows that combined together. And then they eat other Hollows to grow stronger.

So maybe their grade is lower.

Also weird how there's an entry in the Bleach Wikia for The Menos Grande, a one-off Menos that Uryu fought.

https://bleach.fandom.com/wiki/The_Menos_Grande

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So then did Szayelaporro and Aaroniero just go to hell because they were evil then? Wait if strong hollows are made up of countless souls then which soul is the evil one? Did they go to Hell in their combined form, unintentionally damning every soul they're made up of?

Bleach doesn't make any sense.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean I guess the very act of killing a Hollow is purifying it and getting it Hell-ready?

I have forgotten much about how the Bleach world works.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I mean I guess the very act of killing a Hollow is purifying it and getting it Hell-ready?

I have forgotten much about how the Bleach world works.

Okay but what soul went to Hell? Did becoming sentient and developing their own personality give them their own soul? Or is one of the souls they're made up of dominating the rest? I guess it'd be the soul of the hollow that ate the most when becoming a menos?

EDIT: The Bleach wiki says that the first form of Menos(the big ones) are only able to evolve once a single hollow gains control, so I guess it's that one that goes to Hell.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 10, 2021

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And then there's Ulquiorra who's super special and not your average Hollow? At least according to UNMASKED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

Okay but what soul went to Hell? Did becoming sentient and developing their own personality give them their own soul? Or is one of the souls they're made up of dominating the rest?

I assume the dominant one.

See: Szyael and Espada 9, who were both sent to Hell as themselves.

My guess is that they remain a singular entity, but their grade is lower because instead of being high-grade they're just an extremely dense mass of lower-grade spiritrons????? But there's nothing to back up this assumption, so...

Look I'm not a Bleach expert.