Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was reading that thread on how that school that did a bunch of COVID mitigation strategies, and one of the things they mentioned was that you should check your CO2 levels as an indicator of whether there's enough ventilation, with 450 PPM being fresh outdoor air and something like 600 being pretty bad

what device is used to measure that?

aranet4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Stereotype posted:

someone on reddit today informed me that since i can't point to anyone who was at lollapalooza who died i was wrong and it was completely safe. so that's good news

thank god, now I can go get the suck n gently caress special at applebees

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

tangy yet delightful posted:

Should we wait to open up until at least the kids are vaccinated? Thereby loving over immunocompromised people.

Or should we open up now *checks notes* a few months back, and gently caress over kids and immunocompromised folks?

I mean, you had the flu when you were a kid right? And you were fine. Let the kids get it I say, teach them a life lesson! Isn’t that what America is about? The freedom to choose?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i find it awfully suspicious they put the vaccine in the deltoid... and now we have delta

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

lindsey graham death watch, day 7: he still hasn't been present for any senate vote in the last week: https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=117&session=1&vote=00313 not a word of a covid status update on his twitter either. starting to feel some hope

lol cool

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Spoondick posted:

i find it awfully suspicious they put the vaccine in the deltoid... and now we have delta

yeah and then they tested it on sheep

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I can tell we’re hosed because my local Asian grocery store has a “masks required” sign and only 30% of people inside were masked.

LOLLLLLLL

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

pigz posted:

WHERE THE gently caress DO I GET KIDS BLUNAS IN BLACK no real way a white mask can make it 40hrs on a child.

how old?

these happylife/good day kf94s (p. sure these are the same brands with different branding for different markets) are mask nerd approved for ~7-11yr olds

backordered on kollect til later this week supposedly, but also available on eBay right now if you're comfortable ordering through there

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

apparently illegal immigration is causing all these covid cases and not loving and sucking with 70k other people in a stadium after brunch with a respiratory virus more infectious than smallpox spreading

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

bit of Aussie politics for you

This is Labor senator Penny Wong talking about Scotty from Marketing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3aJRS8zAF4&t

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Spoondick posted:

apparently illegal immigration is causing all these covid cases and not loving and sucking with 70k other people in a stadium after brunch with a respiratory virus more infectious than smallpox spreading

you see, the chinese communists are infecting mexicans with the wuhan flu, a deadly virus that we have a vaccine for and know how to stop, and smuggling them into our country to spread disease

no, i will not get the vaccine against the chinese bioweapon. no, i will not change any of my day to day activity so the chinese bioweapon doesn't kill me or my loved ones. what we need to do is exactly what we were doing for the past 4 years: terrorizing latinx communities and building massive prisons so they don't want to come here

no, i don't think the guards at those prisons should get the bioweapon vaccine or change their day to day lives either.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/JustSchmeltzer/status/1425081881318412296

The tiger surge has largely been driven by an unexpected zoo escape, but there's growing concerns that the crisis of not enough homeowners using enough tiger repellent is complicating the issue.

These people are friggin' weasels who fill their articles with passive voice sentences and Trump-like "a lot of people are saying" sentences, except phrased at the college-level.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 14:21 on Aug 10, 2021

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Rubby posted:

hahaha. so I just checked my email this morning to find this notification

I know from first hand experience that these print on demand shops will print essentially anything and only take action if someone sends in a complaint so I guess someone had their fee-fees hurt over... something? So I'm guessing anyone who ordered something is getting that cancelled unless they already went out to print ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry about that

Soooo.... update on this. Apparently that UAE Falcon guy on twitter who swiped my earlier post for twitter clout wasn't satisfied leaving it there. He reported my design to Teepublic as his own and is now looking for a place to get it screen printed for his followers

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1424770758107037704?s=20

What an rear end in a top hat

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

couple weeks back my inlaws wanted to hang out with some friends of theirs but the friends are very risk averse so my inlaws had to lie and say they were vaccinated to hang out... and their friends just loving ragged on unvaccinated people and what assholes they were for like 45 minutes straight

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Henderson County School board in NC flipped their vote from last week and are now requiring masks in schools.
I wonder what changed? Oh there was a huge cluster of infected students discovered recently.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rubby posted:

Soooo.... update on this. Apparently that UAE Falcon guy on twitter who swiped my earlier post for twitter clout wasn't satisfied leaving it there. He reported my design to Teepublic as his own and is now looking for a place to get it screen printed for his followers

If I had a Twitter I'd call his rear end out for stealing it

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
A quarter of my work group is currently sick with covid. "I think it's because we got lax on our wiping down procedures" :hmmyes:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Arkage posted:

My wife is pregnant, and both of her parents and my mom are basically anti-vax despite being Biden/Bernie voters, making it all the more infuriating. poo poo is going to come to a head down the road if variants keep popping up. I just typed up a huge word document listing all the facts and disinfo on covid today on Facebook, and her Dad responded with a meme that says "I have no obligation to make sense to you." I'm betting he didn't even bother reading it because reading and science are for sheep. I felt like editing the meme to put a Q in there, because they know Q and think it's absurd, but don't seem to understand that they're parroting the talking points of the delusional. I could start getting real snippy and be like "So you have no obligation to make sense of a pandemic when your daughter is pregnant and immunocompromised?" Fucker.

Ugh, that sucks. We're lucky enough that vaccinations aren't an issue, but we definitely have already run in to different definitions of staying home that are going to eventually become a problem. Both of my wife and I's parents will say they are "doing nothing" but offhand mention getting haircuts, going out to eat (or getting takeout because we asked them not to eat in restaurants but sit at the bar for an hour reading a menu, ordering, and waiting for their food, something that just happened the day before yesterday) and poo poo like that.

However, it's also a reminder of just how hosed the messaging is on COVID. My parents are NPR liberals and her parents religiously watch the morning news shows, read the paper, and watch the local evening news. They got vaxxed as soon as they were eligible, don't argue at all about wearing a mask if asked, and sincerely believe they are doing all the right things because they are following all the guidelines. If there was a blanket mask mandate issued they'd dutifully put on their masks. If indoor dining was closed they'd shrug and stick with takeout. And so on. There are tens of millions of people like this in the US that are well meaning but have outsized trust in whatever institutions tell them. If we had a halfway competent CDC and presidential administration all of these people would have no problem doing their part to reduce spread.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

UFOTacoMan posted:

Henderson County School board in NC flipped their vote from last week and are now requiring masks in schools.
I wonder what changed? Oh there was a huge cluster of infected students discovered recently.

The Henderson County Department of Public Health has notified us that to date, 5 individuals at Hendersonville Elementary have lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 that are epidemiologically linked, meeting the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) definition of a “cluster.” We are working in close coordination with the Henderson County Department of Public Health to determine any students or staff who are considered to be close contacts.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rubby posted:

That gently caress is in here right now reading all this

I reported the tweet though, hopefully that helps do something
There's no one lower than people who steal from independent artists

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Rubby posted:

Isn't this what the DMCA takedown is for?
https://help.twitter.com/en/forms/ipi/dmca/copyright-owner

Serf
May 5, 2011

Rubby posted:

that's hosed up

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

spaceblancmange posted:

Lets see how the South West Sydney hospital system is coping with covid

https://twitter.com/helenelambetsos/status/1425011016983748609

pfft check this poo poo out:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/fake-doctor-shyam-acharya-fined-30000-after-working-in-nsw-health-system-20170403-gvcj70.html

also in nsw lmao

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

The Henderson County Department of Public Health has notified us that to date, 5 individuals at Hendersonville Elementary have lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 that are epidemiologically linked, meeting the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) definition of a “cluster.” We are working in close coordination with the Henderson County Department of Public Health to determine any students or staff who are considered to be close contacts.

well I guess "huge" is a little hyperbolic on my part but word around town yesterday was that there were more than 5 kids across different schools.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
At last, I finally have scheduled my first MRNA vaccine shot for Sept 9th.
Second shot should be 6 weeks after that, but Moderna already cut their delivery of vaccines this month by over half, original schedule for the second shot should have been 3-4 weeks after.
http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/1007179.html

Delta goin whole hogge here though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/normanswan/status/1424930792300421121?s=19

"NSW is almost certainly on the precipice of a massive deterioration. Contact tracers are overwhelmed, with reporting of infection hot spots lagging by days. The whole strategy of relying on contact tracing for infection control is failing, or indeed has failed."

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Spoondick posted:

You might think this is so over the top as to be satire but I honestly talked to somebody who said that the WHO named the variants after the brainwaves that the genomes were lab-designed to alter.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

only in the way that las vegas is in the middle of boston and new york city

I've never heard this analogy for "the truth is in the middle" arguments but I like it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress yeah do this

Also how sad is it to pretend to be a leftist and the extent of your engagement is stealing and trying to profit off the work of your peers

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Rubby posted:

wow, what a stupid oval office

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
DeSantis is actively trying to get people to catch Covid at this point. That is the only reasonable explanation.

quote:

The Florida Board of Education “could move to” withhold the salaries of school superintendents and school board members who ignore Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ (R) ban on mask mandates, the governor’s office said on Tuesday.

"We will actively withhold your salary if you even attempt to keep kids who can't get vaccinated safe."

Also, lol at all the people who fiercely defend "local control" of education and then turn around and go "actually, State's Rights are more important" when someone asks them about it.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

lindsey graham death watch, day 7: he still hasn't been present for any senate vote in the last week: https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=117&session=1&vote=00313 not a word of a covid status update on his twitter either. starting to feel some hope

Lindsay Graham is the most handsom man on television

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lol at the Falcon twitter doing Stolen Goon Valor

reveal yourself coward

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

“Pay people more”? Like people are getting paid to stay the gently caress home somewhere? What in Tarnation I say what in the

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I also reported the tweet. gently caress that guy

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

DeSantis is actively trying to get people to catch Covid at this point. That is the only reasonable explanation.

"We will actively withhold your salary if you even attempt to keep kids who can't get vaccinated safe."

Also, lol at all the people who fiercely defend "local control" of education and then turn around and go "actually, State's Rights are more important" when someone asks them about it.

Another reasonable explanation is he's being paid by his charter school cronies to break the back of public schools and use crisis capitalism to crush organized labor in the state

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Thoguh posted:

Ugh, that sucks. We're lucky enough that vaccinations aren't an issue, but we definitely have already run in to different definitions of staying home that are going to eventually become a problem. Both of my wife and I's parents will say they are "doing nothing" but offhand mention getting haircuts, going out to eat (or getting takeout because we asked them not to eat in restaurants but sit at the bar for an hour reading a menu, ordering, and waiting for their food, something that just happened the day before yesterday) and poo poo like that.

However, it's also a reminder of just how hosed the messaging is on COVID. My parents are NPR liberals and her parents religiously watch the morning news shows, read the paper, and watch the local evening news. They got vaxxed as soon as they were eligible, don't argue at all about wearing a mask if asked, and sincerely believe they are doing all the right things because they are following all the guidelines. If there was a blanket mask mandate issued they'd dutifully put on their masks. If indoor dining was closed they'd shrug and stick with takeout. And so on. There are tens of millions of people like this in the US that are well meaning but have outsized trust in whatever institutions tell them. If we had a halfway competent CDC and presidential administration all of these people would have no problem doing their part to reduce spread.

Yeah my in-laws and mom are the same way to varying degrees. Being “safe” to them means walking around Home Depot for an hour with a mask on, getting haircuts, having a dinner party outside with their friends, etc. Which, fine, they’re vaccinated and can choose their own level of risk, but then we’d like to reduce our exposure to them accordingly, and they don’t understand that. Anytime this comes up they act like they’re being punished and it just gets really awkward.

So, have fun dealing with that for the rest of the pandemic.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Yes, technically. It is in fact likely that he used his original tweet to try and establish ownership of the design when he sent in the complaint to Teepublic!

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Rubby posted:

unfortunately he put up the perfect keywords so if that post gets any engagement that image is going to get scraped or redrawn and printed by a few shady websites and you'll be playing wack a mole with DMCA takedowns

edit: I don't know if "sh1rt" is good enough to fool them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

pigz posted:

WHERE THE gently caress DO I GET KIDS BLUNAS IN BLACK no real way a white mask can make it 40hrs on a child.

the masks don’t touch their mouthes and if you order 100 you can cycle through three at a time and get your child through the year or at least to the point where we go virtual again :pray: