Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I don't know anything about Abyss but doing many pyro cube runs with Mona taught me that you can use her dash to douse the flame things, just run into them, step out of the water, run to the next one.

And now I find out Yoimiya wants purple flowers, too :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I believe they mean they have a 100% pity lined up for that banner.

Also any Sayu havers on day 1, how does her energy generation feel at baseline? How important do you think ER will be?

Her particle generation is actually pretty nuts. The kick from tapping or ending the roll always generates 2 particles, while the roll seems to be able to generate 1 every ~2s. It's on a 6s cooldown if you tap or only roll for a short time.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also any Sayu havers on day 1, how does her energy generation feel at baseline? How important do you think ER will be?

You want lots of ER. Pretty much the same as any support. She's not a battery like Sucrose/Diona.

To expand on that - if you're constantly rolling around she'll generate particles fine. You're not constantly rolling around in a group, though, because you have a bunch of other people with stuff to do. She's still a support, but whether or not you run ER sands is probably a question of substats, how much rolling you're doing, and how quickswappy you want your team to be.

Edit: vvv

Mailer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 11, 2021

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hmm... so she probably doesn't need an ER mainstat sands then.

Well poo poo, conflicting opinions!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She'll want ER because of her high cost burst, but she's almost as good a particle generator as Jean or Bennett.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

guaranteed baal? When was that stated?

What they said - I got Diluc on the Kazuha banner and my next 5star is guaranteed to be on-banner.

Given that I have DIluc, Klee, and Bennet already, I wouldn't have been exactly disappointed by Yoimiya, but I was hoping to dodge her and get the electro archon instead. Lord knows I don't need more pyro.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Unlike the other anemos, you can afford to go ER sands since she's only really affecting her own damage/healing output with her sands choice, as Sayu isn't a team buffer. You'll almost definitely want EM goblet, though, and crown can be EM or healing bonus, depending on whether or not you want to tempt fate trying to farm out ANOTHER EM crown for sayu

Also if you're using Sayu as the 2nd anemo for your team, I recommend not putting VV on her, give her 2pc atk% 2pc ER%. Your Kazuha/Venti/Sucrose should be hanging out to the VV set, since they're also going to be running a lot more EM than Sayu anyways so may as well prioritize their swirls over Sayus.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cool thanks for the info. Don't have her yet, hopefully the banner doesn't troll me too hard. But I got a good VV set lined up, minus a good EM goblet of any flavor.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Rolled Yoimiya ~30 pulls since my last pity in my second 10 roll on the banner. I then got C1 a few rolls later. Incredibly lucky, except I didn’t really want her. She does have an appealing design and personality at least!

I’ve ascended her to 60 and her kit just feels fairly bad to play. I’ve never liked bow auto attacks. As soon as you’re fighting 2+ enemies I wish I was using anyone else. Her elemental reactions are also weak compared to the other big pyros.

She might have some potential as a burst support I guess? But Xiangling would almost always be better. I’d like to make her work somehow since I do like her character.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dogsicle posted:

man what the gently caress is up with abyss pyro cube, it has like no vulnerability window and just instantly packs up the second i burst at it.

Yeah I figured this abyss was designed to to be "good" for ayaka and yoimiya, especially floor 11 with its pyro & cryo bonus, but ayaka feels like complete poo against the pyro hypostasis. All its vulnerability windows are too short to actually get off her full burst, and because it's constantly pyro status she can never even get the half bonus from her blizzard strayer set. (My ayaka is still pretty weak though, I need more resin to beef her up).

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Few of us that play both the mobile and PC version, Yoimiya is great on the phone. E then auto attack is great vs my Ganyu charge attacking.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if any other 4* characters are gonna get this much merch.

https://twitter.com/zeniiet/status/1403560748698062850?lang=en

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Only the cool looking ones.

How did this happen? I gotta try her E again in the Abyss.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...web2x&context=3

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TV Zombie posted:

Only the cool looking ones.

How did this happen? I gotta try her E again in the Abyss.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...web2x&context=3

If you charge shot without E active, you'll slowly build up 3 little pewpew fireworks that home in on enemies and do approximately 0 damage (to the point where charging them up is probably a DPS loss compared to shooting your fully charged arrow earlier). Her skill specifically disables that functionality for its duration for some reason.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

huh. that's odd. So it's just aesthetics then.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I mean maybe they're good for proccing elemental reactions in some kind of weird team comp, since they are 3 separate hits of pyro damage. But yeah it seems like their only practical use for now is harassing small animals in the overworld.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
60 pulls with 2 Xinyan, 1 Xiangling, 1 Dragonsbane, 1 Sac Sword, 1 Sayu and 1 Yoimiya. Winning 2 50/50's for Ayaka and Yoimiya is pretty nuts. I've completely destroyed my chances at Baal, but that's ok. I've had to get every Archon so far on their rerun banner. Raiden Shogun will be no different.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I was pretty ambivalent about baal but then I looked up a leaked beta gameplay video and all her skill effects look really cool visually so now I kind of want her.
Even though she wouldn't fit into any of my teams so I'd probably have to level up 2-3 whole new characters to play alongside her... Which 4-stars would play nice with a Baal-Beidou team?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Alright, got a Sayu right off the bat, and then THREE XINYANS ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Oh well, I've got every 4* character, and now I'm lined up for my guaranteed Baal.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I was getting Xinyan every other roll or so, it was nuts. Easy C6 and spares.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'd say Congrats but.... well... It's Xinyan.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

At least at C6 she's almost as a useful as a C0 Noelle? Maybe...?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Counterpoint: :rock:

She's fun and I hope Mihoyo remembers she exists.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Goal was Sayu, got her + Yoimiya by 40 rolls. I like Yoimiya, but I have far too many pyros. Oh well looks like I'm going to be on the 50/50 train again, but gently caress it going to :homebrew: on the 2.1 banners. And I'll take a Qiqi or Keqing over another Diluc please.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I love Xinyan’s aesthetics, including how her moves look. But I think she’s maybe the worst character in the game.

Amber is pretty bad too but we have the same birthday so I won’t hate on her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nah, she's not worse than Lisa

Selane
May 19, 2006

Lisa has niche uses; I can't think of any reason I'd ever use Xinyan. Also, at least Lisa has the decency not to stink up the character banner.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Xinyan's use is if you have a physical damage dealer that needs shield support and you don't have Zhongli.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Diona is better for that role since she can help trigger superconduct.

I wish the Xinyan fire shield pulsed like 4x more often, then it might be funny for Sayu spinball shenanigans.

e: the split scaling is what really messes with Xinyan. If she could have beefy shields and beefy 100%-crit-rate bursts to chunk baddies with at the same time she wouldn't be half bad.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Hyper Inferno posted:

Xinyan's use is if you have a physical damage dealer that needs shield support and you don't have Zhongli.
and you have a C4 Xinyan and don't have Diona, who can provide 3x the resist shred with Superconduct on top of healing and having a better shield(and being a battery if said physical dps is Eula, which it is in my case).

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

80 pulls: C2 Sayu, C12 Diona (previously C9), C0 5-star Amber.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

lmao sayu's trial was so fun that I wasted 30 rolls to get her and instantly got qiqi'd off pity in the process, whoops. not even mad really, I wanted to collect all the standard 5* and now mona's the only one I have left to get. plus now I can guarantee a 5* of my choice in the future. rip baal tho, I swear I'll never roll an archon because I do this every time

is the rest of inazuma is being added in 2.1, right? still want to at least get sara and that would help restock my wishes

yeah I actually rolled for yoimiya and didn't get her but I got 2 Sayu's 2 Diona's and a Xingui so I guess I can't complain too much.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh hey I managed 7 stars on Abyss 9 and 6 on Abyss 10. Victory in my book since that got me some primos and the BP reward. :toot:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Crystalfly still floated away from me what is this HORSESHIT.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I feel like every limited banner I've seen has included at least one character I have precisely zero interest in, and they're the one I get the most of.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

50 rolls, hit soft pity and won the flip, but got c7/8 xinyan and no sayu :negative:

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Selane posted:

Lisa has niche uses; I can't think of any reason I'd ever use Xinyan.

Xinyan can cleanse slowing water or condensed ice with her ability, so that's alright. Except Bennet does that while also making you an immortal killing machine.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can’t tell if sayu’s passive does anything at all. Frig.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I love Xinyan’s aesthetics, including how her moves look. But I think she’s maybe the worst character in the game.

Amber is pretty bad too but we have the same birthday so I won’t hate on her.

This isn’t much of an insult, someone has to be worst.

I feel like Xinyan does enough random things (has shield, activates pyro resonance, quickswap ult, claymore open world stuff) that you can purposely pick her for reasons. I’ve use her more than a good amount of the cast. Not that I ever cared that much about her numbers while doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

They should have had the soldier guy from the Yoimiya story quest show up at the beach battle in the last main quest and just get gutted by Beidou.