Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I am just now learning about the barrels, for a game I put multiple hundreds of hours into.

Can you get in any big barrel or just the one in the yoga hideout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Food Boner posted:

I remember getting in a big barrel on eventide. sneaked up on some moblins. Don’t think it really helped me but just can’t help myself from wearing a barrel when given the chance

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'll not apologize to you or any other imp for liking a video game and thinking it's good.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Food Boner posted:

there’s one on the great plateau too, by the cabin

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
there’s also one in my heart, where i hide my true feelings.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fiend Matador posted:

During that mission I figured out that when Hinoxes sleep you can sneak onto their hand and theyll drop you right next to their whole necklace of loot when they use that hand to scratch their stomachs. Not really necessary to do that any other time since obliterating them with your giant weapon stash is usually easier anyway, but it was a neat little touch

things in new games you just figured out

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Gimmicky Items that were in just one game that I miss:
1. Fidget spinner
2. Hookshot but it switches places instead
3. Gun that somehow makes seeds become rubber

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

I got the tude now posted:

things in new games you just figured out

i didn't figure out until about 30 hours in that the reason my aiming was so hard was that it defaults to having gyro aiming on. boy did turning that off make a big difference

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

President Beep posted:

there’s also one in my heart, where i hide my true feelings.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Food Boner posted:

i didn't figure out until about 30 hours in that the reason my aiming was so hard was that it defaults to having gyro aiming on. boy did turning that off make a big difference

you should turn it on and use it deliberately instead .

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i think i need to do that too because whenever i try to aim my bow I’m definitely riding on the struggle bus.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

dont turn off gyro wtf is wrong with u guys

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i thought it was inhibiting me okay?!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i missed out on the oracle games. thinking about going with seasons first. is there a benefit to playing through both games or is it just like a better sword as a treat or something

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i missed out on the oracle games. thinking about going with seasons first. is there a benefit to playing through both games or is it just like a better sword as a treat or something

It changes enough stuff to be worth it like special items you can unlock and little plot alterations, but the main thing is that the true final boss only gets fought when you beat the second game after linking them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Reaverbot posted:

It changes enough stuff to be worth it like special items you can unlock and little plot alterations, but the main thing is that the true final boss only gets fought when you beat the second game after linking them

hell yeah. ill post my progress as i play through

copy
Jul 26, 2007

botw has so much emergent behavior. it's like the dwarf fortress of zelda games. See a dog? drop meat in front of him and now he loves you. start prairer fires and use your leaf to blow them into monster skull forts. Cut trees down to kill monsters in tragic forestry accidents. I hope they expand on that and also let whoever made hyrule castle make more for-real dungeons in the sequel.

Also wind waker is an excellent game just top tier fun. crack a little smile every time i remember the sploosh/kaboom guy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the oracle games are good and more people should play them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

copy posted:

botw has so much emergent behavior. it's like the dwarf fortress of zelda games. See a dog? drop meat in front of him and now he loves you. start prairer fires and use your leaf to blow them into monster skull forts. Cut trees down to kill monsters in tragic forestry accidents. I hope they expand on that and also let whoever made hyrule castle make more for-real dungeons in the sequel.

Also wind waker is an excellent game just top tier fun. crack a little smile every time i remember the sploosh/kaboom guy
wind wakers so great.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

copy posted:

That stuff is cool but I hardly ever do it because I get killed trying to set it up or it barely does damage to the high level enemies.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

as an insufferable nerd i have to point out that those aren't really examples of emergent behavior.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

b_d posted:

as an insufferable nerd i have to point out that those aren't really examples of emergent behavior.

appreciate the correction friend. Game always feels like there's something I could do with whatever I'm looking at and that was neat, whatever the game design people word is for that

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

copy posted:

appreciate the correction friend. Game always feels like there's something I could do with whatever I'm looking at and that was neat, whatever the game design people word is for that

its called gameplay and it freaking rules

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

shigeru Miyamoto: I want there to be something interesting up all of these trees. I'm climbing every one to be sure.

Todd Howard: just set the rest of the main quests to a radiant objective in that one car factory with raiders.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

looking forward to breath of the wild 2...

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Meloncholric posted:

looking forward to breath of the wild 2...

bigtime same. i still have so much left to do with botw 1 too. #Blessed.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

helped my son best the death mountain divine beast guy last night. All that’s left is the camel one. The yiga clan doesn’t realize the heap of poo poo they’re in right now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m gonna kill that rat bastard leader of theirs and throw his bloated corpse into a hole. I’m not even loving around right now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

President Beep posted:

bigtime same. i still have so much left to do with botw 1 too. #Blessed.

i still need to finish the DLC lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I don’t think I’ve ever done anything with the DLC except to claim the saddle that lets you call your horse from anywhere

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

the korok mask, hero's path, and trial of the sword are the best parts of the dlc

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever done anything with the DLC except to claim the saddle that lets you call your horse from anywhere

its epic to have more to discover in botw. go forth, gamer.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I loved the motorcycle from the DLC

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love all the dlc stuff they added, except mastermode.

i was excited for it to feel like a botw romhack when I saw a lynel on the great plateau, but outside that they just tripled enemy health and added floating platforms with archers here and there. regenerating enemy hp is so hosed up too

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
champions ballad was good and the motorcycle pwns

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

extremebuff posted:

i love all the dlc stuff they added, except mastermode.

i was excited for it to feel like a botw romhack when I saw a lynel on the great plateau, but outside that they just tripled enemy health and added floating platforms with archers here and there. regenerating enemy hp is so hosed up too

yea I want a halfway point between master & regular mode

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
About done with the middle set of sword trials. It's refreshing to have stuff reset and survive from scratch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The motorcycle was cool, except it was the very last thing I did, so I rode it off the great plateau before turning breath of the wild off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i got the motorcycle early enough that i rode it a lot. i was prepared to be annoyed that it needs fuel but if you put in like an apple it lasts for hours.