Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for refusing to pay my Dad rent for living at his house?

Not because he wants me to get more independent, but because he wants fifty dollars a week for my rent.

Yeah I'm sure your dad is really hurting for that $50 a week. This isn't an attempt at getting your lazy 19 year old NEET rear end out of the house and doing something productive, no. The possibility of an extra seven dollars a day just has him blinded with greed.

Moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Evil Willow posted:

Don’t think I’d call op an rear end in a top hat for this, just naive

Your dad wants you to do something not just lay about the house because ultimately he cares :unsmith:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
A couple days into week 2 of the summer after I graduated high school my dad came home for lunch and saw me sitting in the living room. He said, “what did you do yesterday?” And I replied that I had watched TV and hung out. Then he asked, “What are you doing today?”

When I told him “Nothing,” he told me I had to get a job. My folks have never charged me rent, but they had a belief that an able bodied young person should either be working or studying. I think they are right.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

Great candidate for the 'opposite judgment than expected from title' hall of fame. My eyes popped out when I read $50 rent :eyepop:

Bony-Eared Assfish
Oct 4, 2018

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Need to start a company making $900 blenders and shame the plebs with a vitamix

Several pages late, but Robot Coupe already exists. The cheapest, smallest model I could find on their annoying website was 910€

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

The Wii and GameCube do not spin backwards, it's a myth.
More specifically, Wii/Gamecube discs slightly tweaked how data is encoded/scrambled before being written -- optical discs have a lot of fancy stuff going on to tolerate scratches. With the right software on a PC, you can read them with a normal DVD drive and decode them. https://web.archive.org/web/20080619172414/http://www.ingenieria-inversa.cl:80/?p=9

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for how I responded to a woman’s critique of my favorite authors?

quote:

I’m a 17 year old guy and I love to read. This summer alone I’ve read probably a dozen books and had fun with each of them. I’ve spent some time at the public library this summer either to just hang out (I extremely enjoy the peace and quite a library provides) or to find new book. Today I was sitting at one of the tables after picking out Pet Sematary (that’s how the title is spelled) and sat at a table with a pile of other books and began to read when eventually these two girls came up and asked if they could sit at the table and I said sure.

So they sit for a while and each read their own books while quietly chatting with each other before asking me what I was reading. I told them and one of them asked, “Oh, Stephen King, right?” I said yeah and quickly expressed my love for his work. The other girl pointed to my pile of books and asked what the collections consisted of and I went through the line. It was a few more King books, J.R.R. Tolkien, George Orwell, and Roland Dahls’ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory since I’ve only ever seen the movie.

The second girl snorted and said “So, just a bunch of old white dudes?” To which they both laughed. I chuckled before saying back jokingly, “Well I’m yet to find a female author who’s written anything as sophisticated as James and the Giant Peach.” Before chuckling at my own joke. They both went quiet before the first one said “Did you really just say that?” I asked what the problem was as they quickly packed up to leave. She looked at me and said, “You really think women are so incompetent that they can only write children’s books? gently caress you.”

I was a little bewildered and soon left after them. When I told this story to my friend groups group chat they all said that they were just psychos and to ignore them except for a couple of the girls who said that what I said was actually pretty lovely and they said I compared the work of women in writing careers to lovely children’s books. Now I dont know if what I said was just a misinterpreted joke or if what I did was actually mean or if those two just don’t know how to take a joke.

So reddit, AITA?

Edit to clarify: My comment was in no way, shape, or form meant maliciously. It was a quickly thought up, Jan back at them in defense of my selection of authors. I am not saying nor will I ever say that people can’t be good at something because of their gender. As a matter of fact, the book, To Kill A Mockingbird is without a doubt my favorite book. Harper Lees’ work in that bool alone outperforms every single one of those other authors books combined. Except for 1984. That is an extremely close second.

I love that he has to clarify that Pet Sematary is spelled Pet Sematary. But he can't spell Roald. Or use apostrophes correctly.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My first reaction to strange girls trying to strike up conversation in a library is simply to shut them down with loud shhh and angrily whispered 'no talking!'.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/AITA_reddit/status/1425987837665624065?s=2

Why are men who don’t have periods

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for kicking out my SO for being replaced on vacation?

quote:

I, (33F) have been with my boyfriend (55M) for 3 years (‘C’) and he has always been mortified by our age gap. C is worried that he will be seen as a ‘sad old man’ or that people will think I’m a gold digger. I on the other hand am unbothered- we both worth in finance and although C makes more than me I make a 6 figure salary and am self-supporting. He is currently staying with me for a couple of weeks as he lives a couple of states away (he has his own place but we usually stay together 1 week a Month minimum).

Until the last 6 months or so C refused to introduce me to anyone he knew, including his teenage/ adult children but I tolerated it because I assumed he was just cautious and would come around in the long run.

Recently a friend of his (‘G’-50sM) who I have worked with for the past 4 years and therefore know fairly well) had a couple of friends drop out of a holiday he had booked last year (a villa in Antigua) and asked if C wanted to go. As part of this invite, G told C he could ‘bring a friend’. It’s important to note at this point that G is one of the few people that C has actually confided in about our long-term relationship (we have met for supper before as a Couple) so i am 99% sure G was referring to me.

C asked me if I wanted to go and I was thrilled- I felt like it was a major turning point in our relationship and that he was finally publicly acknowledging me. The next day C calls me and tells me that he’d spoken to G and it transpired that G wasn’t bringing friends (as C had thought) but instead his 5 adult children (~20s) plus their boyfriends/ gfs. C decided that this wouldn’t be my scene and informed me that he’d asked his son E (18M) to go instead of me.

I was incandescent and told him to GTFO. He has been texting me since telling me I am blowing it out of proportion and I wouldn’t enjoy it anyway as it is mostly ‘kids’ (who are ~5 years younger than me!) - so AITA for kicking him out for being disinvited from the holiday?

Edit: C and I started dating not long after his divorce which is why he was initially reluctant to introduce me, as far as I know there are no skeletons in C’s closet.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

keep punching joe posted:

Move out to one of those $50 p/w apartments.

Before Craigslist started cleaning up their act, and somehow becoming more responsible than Reddit, you could search any major city for $1/month apartments/roomates or whatever the search term was.

And the best ones were the snooty guys looking for a baingmaid where they'd try to make it sound as classy as the price implied with descriptions like, "In exchange for this low rent in a very desirable part of town, you will cook, clean, and do any other household chores I decide you must do."

Thinking back the snooty ones deffo had the energy of an engineer drafting his own lopsided prenup.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
poo poo, my father started charging me $50 a month in rent when I got my first job. At the age of fourteen working at a summer camp and making $250 for the entire eight weeks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Quackles posted:

I understand that Wii optical discs have a hardware copy protection mechanism in the pattern of the disc, and cannot be readily altered or replicated. Usually, hacking involves altering the software on the Wii to ignore this limitation.

If the Wii in question was not modded, the events described likely didn't happen as described.

Wiis are incredibly easy to mod, you just put in an sd card with data put in a certain folder and open the right menu. A 12 year old kid with a Wii probably has his dad's, which there's a good chance is modded.

Mario Galaxy also has a ton of modding tools available, there's a big Wii game modding community, and in particular there's also a big Creepypasta modding community because it was a big thing on YouTube for several months this and last year.

So it is entirely plausible. My kid was big into those videos too.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Evil Willow posted:

I love that he has to clarify that Pet Sematary is spelled Pet Sematary. But he can't spell Roald. Or use apostrophes correctly.

If he ever read Margaret Atwood he'd have a perpetual boner after reading about Gilead

Michaeldim
Jan 29, 2011

:byodood:
i've crapped my load. thank you :)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evil Willow posted:

How did you find a story from 1995, Reddit didn’t exist then

Why is this person only capable of reading books that were old when I was a child, much less any of the hundreds of thousands of good books that have come out since 2000

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rotinaj posted:

How did you find a story from 1995, Reddit didn’t exist then

Why is this person only capable of reading books that were old when I was a child, much less any of the hundreds of thousands of good books that have come out since 2000

Sitting in the library in a comfy, quiet reading nook, I get. Sitting there with a pile of books he's not actively reading, I don't get. Why is he travelling around with the next 5 books on the list, he won't get to for days and weeks?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

GORDON posted:

Sitting in the library in a comfy, quiet reading nook, I get. Sitting there with a pile of books he's not actively reading, I don't get. Why is he travelling around with the next 5 books on the list, he won't get to for days and weeks?

It's not like its a pile of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, it's trashy literature for babbies that you can just blaze through in a couple of days.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

GORDON posted:

I assume he picked those titles explicitly to get a response

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I love the fact that he had to include the first names of all the authors. Like someone would get confused and think he meant Herbie Tolkien.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

keep punching joe posted:

It's not like its a pile of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, it's trashy literature for babbies that you can just blaze through in a couple of days.

I know this is more for you being smug but unless he’s not really paying attention I doubt that

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Not to resurrect blender chat but they're both women and I don't think she's an rear end in a top hat for buying herself something expensive. BUT she should have given her wife 600 for herself as well. Also I don't think the 17 year old was necessarily a dick, just a naive fool. Police man's ball to the black kids mitt type thing.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
If I were a parent trying to get my grown NEET children to move out, I wouldn't charge them some nominal amount of rent. I would simply make sure to blend all leftovers into food-paste.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

I know this is more for you being smug but unless he’s not really paying attention I doubt that

Some people read faster than others, that actually woulda been a pile appropriate for me at that age. And I would have probably stuck my foot in my mouth as hard as this kid did, because I was garbage at talking to girls then too.

:negative: I actually told a girlfriend that I had thought of who was the absolute best I could do, and she was it, and was confused that she was offended

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Not to resurrect blender chat but they're both women and I don't think she's an rear end in a top hat for buying herself something expensive.

> I'm a 39 year old man
?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am constantly trying to read infinite jest at the library

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

quote:

AITA for not wanting my dad to “walk” me down the aisle because he’s in a wheelchair?

About three years ago my dad was injured in a really bad hit and run car accident. He broke just about every bone in his body, and left him paralysed from the waist down. Our relationship has always been really good, but I hate seeing him in pain and admittedly try to avoid seeing him because it just makes me uncomfortable.

In November I’m getting married. I’ve been with my fiancé for 4 years and he and my dad get on really well. Naturally the discussion of who was going to give me away came up in the family group chat, and I kept silent after I realised my dad would be in a wheelchair. We always talked about him giving me away and having a dance at my wedding and I don’t want to be reminded of what could’ve been at my wedding. I messaged my mom privately and told her I want my uncle to walk me down the aisle as we’re incredibly close.

She naturally asked why and I told her that my dad being in a wheelchair would add complications to the wedding. The walkway would have to be widened to accommodate his wheelchair and he wouldn’t be able to hold my arm or give me a proper hug. She was outraged, called me an ableist POS and removed me from the group chat. My aunt has since called me telling me my dad is absolutely devastated. AITA?

quote:

Update - I appreciate all the people who have messaged me offering me support, your kind words have meant a lot to me whilst rifling through a bunch of messages telling me to do horrible things to myself. Regardless of what you think of me, telling me these things isn’t okay. I’m going to call my dad tomorrow

Update 2 - can people please stop messaging me such horrendous stuff? think about what you’re saying. You may not agree with me or my life but you’re just as bad as I apparently am if you’re going round saying stuff like that to strangers on the internet

UPDATE - Not that I owe it to anyone but I thought I’d give you all an update. My boyfriend and I have decided to part ways and ive apologised to my dad

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Evil Willow posted:

In the comments for this post there's a story about a person who gave somebody his house:

quote:

My brother is 18, doesn't pay rent, and literally demanded that dad moves out of HIS OWN HOUSE because "dad is the trigger for my mental illness". Dad axtially did it under the conditions of no parties and get FASFA sorted, guess what happened? Some kids are just brats

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Evil Willow posted:

I love his implication that women don't write books for children.

You know, if the YA/MG age range of publishing is famous for one thing, it's its dearth of female authors.

lol rot in hell you soulless monster

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

:lol: at that spoiler

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Lmao holy poo poo holy gently caress, out yourself, who did this

Me [28M] with my girlfriend [28F] Found out she's going on somethingawful

quote:

Hi,

I caught my girlfriend going on the computer the other day, and found out she's posting on the SomethingAwful forum. I have read some stuff online about this place and it sounds pretty hosed up. I have been online for a pretty long time and kind of know about this place and kind of know about Goons and I'm worried. Should I look at this as a red flag, or should I trust her when she tells me it's not too big of a deal.

tl;dr: My girlfriend goes on a weird internet forum and its freaking me out

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

drat misread. Here's content for my misgivings.

AITA for Telling My Twin that She Should Have Worked on Herself Instead of Expecting Me to Let Myself Go for Her Wedding?

Not the A-hole

My twin sister (May) and I are identical.

At the end of our first year of college, I was in a car accident, and I ended up with a facial scar and major trauma. I started seeing a therapist because of the nightmares and the fact that I was panicking any time I got into a car.

That lead to me realizing there were some deeper issues, which we worked on. As part of that work, I got a physical, started working with a dietician to fix my diet and the smorgasbord of vitamin deficiencies it caused. I started working out (strength training 3 days and sprints or HIIT on 3) with our older sis.

By the end of our first year of college, we had each gained about 30 lbs. By the end of the next year, I had lost half of it, but I was smaller at 134 lbs. than my previous 120 because of the muscle mass. And that's been my size for the past half decade.

I found a new beautician, and she gave me long layers (to make my natural curls be curls instead of waves of frizz) I always wanted but that my old one said would look bad and refused. I stopped bleaching it and let it go its natural dark blonde/light brown. I stopped spray tanning. Again, that's been my look for the past five years.

I live in a rural area, and the internet isn't great. Things like facetime just aren't options, and I can't post a lot of pics on social media b/c of it. This is relevant because a big issue is that May didn't see me over the quarantine.

We talked on the phone a couple times a week, but it mostly revolved around her wedding planning (she got engaged before the Rona put us on lockdown). I wasn't her MoH, so mostly I was being told decisions, not involved in the process. When it came to the bridesmaids' dresses, May sent our sister, SIL, and me a link and told us to get it in our size.

Same with hair and makeup, but we had to arrange for a beautician because May's wouldn't do more than four, and she wanted her friends at the appointment with her.

Except she didn't do a bachelorette party with us (she did with her friends) or rehearsal dinner, so May didn't see any of us until the start of the wedding.

She was livid. Apparently, she thought we would have stopped working out because of the Rona (even though we did it at home?) or that we would have stopped when she announced her engagement, so we didn't upstage her. She was mad because I didn't try to hide my scar and didn't tan, thought it
"would be implied."

She made several snide remarks before throwing a drunk temper tantrum at the reception, basically accusing the 3 of us, but me esp. of trying to upstage her. I don't have that excuse b/c I was a DD so sober, but I (quite famously) have a low tolerance for angry or crying drunks. I told her "If you're so insecure, you should've got off your rear end instead of expecting us to lay on ours to make yours look better." It only got worse.

Our family is on my side b/c I didn't start it or do anything, but his family and her friends are giving me poo poo. So, AITA?

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

AITA For Telling My Cousin That She's The Reason My Husband And I Have Re-Considered Adoption?

Throwaway Account

I (33f) have had fertility issues for the past couple of years with my husband (35m). We went through with consultations and while we had very promising results for treatment the cost did give us pause. It wasn't that we couldn't afford it we just weren't at the point yet where we were willing to pay. I discussed it with my husband and we were both fine with the idea of adopting.

My cousin Tiffany (25f) is adopted and she supported our choice in looking into it. However this was a couple of years back and during that time Tiffany was reunited with her birth parents and she's been acting pretty hurtful to my aunt and uncle since then. She keeps making post about how happy she is to know where she comes from and is happy about being reunited with her "real family." She even talked about having her birth father walk her down the aisle as a chance to make up for lost time. Obviously my uncle was very hurt about this but went he voiced it Tiffany got defensive. She called my uncle selfish, how this was about her and that he knew what he signed up for when raising someone else's kid.

Before the pandemic Tiffany moved closer to where her bio mother lived so they could make up for lost time, and Tiffany kept making post after post about all the fun she was having meeting relatives, and how she called/video chatted with each of her bio parents multiple times a week meanwhile she barely texted back my uncle and aunt once a month. I could tell how heartbroken my aunt and uncle were but tried to give Tiffany her space and the few times they said anything she accuse them of being selfish and unsupportive. I think the biggest thing that broke them was when Tiffany promised to come by for my aunt's birthday (COVID restrictions were lifted) and was even given the money to travel to them but then never showed up. She called literally the day before to say that her bio mom had an emergency so she wasn't going to make it, but didn't give back the money.

I am completely disgusted by Tiffany's behavior and while I haven't completely ruled out adoption entirely I did want to give medical assisted conception a try. My husband supported this and we are now currently expecting. After we made our announcement Tiffany messaged me asking why I would spend thousands on creating a child when I could helped one who already existed. I tried to play it off but Tiffany kept pressing and calling me a bad person when there are so many children who desperately need a home and overpopulation. It got to the point where she was pissing me off and I just came clean and said that her behavior towards the people who loved and raised her was the reason. Tiffany got really upset but I didn't care, however, her parents are now starting to say that I was wrong so AITA?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

deety posted:

In the comments for this post there's a story about a person who gave somebody his house:

We did it boys. We can close the thread now

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

teen witch posted:

Lmao holy poo poo holy gently caress, out yourself, who did this

Me [28M] with my girlfriend [28F] Found out she's going on somethingawful

is it a red flag? yes. but should you be worried...?

also yes

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

AITA For Telling My Cousin That She's The Reason My Husband And I Have Re-Considered Adoption?

Throwaway Account

I (33f) have had fertility issues for the past couple of years with my husband (35m). We went through with consultations and while we had very promising results for treatment the cost did give us pause. It wasn't that we couldn't afford it we just weren't at the point yet where we were willing to pay. I discussed it with my husband and we were both fine with the idea of adopting.

My cousin Tiffany (25f) is adopted and she supported our choice in looking into it. However this was a couple of years back and during that time Tiffany was reunited with her birth parents and she's been acting pretty hurtful to my aunt and uncle since then. She keeps making post about how happy she is to know where she comes from and is happy about being reunited with her "real family." She even talked about having her birth father walk her down the aisle as a chance to make up for lost time. Obviously my uncle was very hurt about this but went he voiced it Tiffany got defensive. She called my uncle selfish, how this was about her and that he knew what he signed up for when raising someone else's kid.

Before the pandemic Tiffany moved closer to where her bio mother lived so they could make up for lost time, and Tiffany kept making post after post about all the fun she was having meeting relatives, and how she called/video chatted with each of her bio parents multiple times a week meanwhile she barely texted back my uncle and aunt once a month. I could tell how heartbroken my aunt and uncle were but tried to give Tiffany her space and the few times they said anything she accuse them of being selfish and unsupportive. I think the biggest thing that broke them was when Tiffany promised to come by for my aunt's birthday (COVID restrictions were lifted) and was even given the money to travel to them but then never showed up. She called literally the day before to say that her bio mom had an emergency so she wasn't going to make it, but didn't give back the money.

I am completely disgusted by Tiffany's behavior and while I haven't completely ruled out adoption entirely I did want to give medical assisted conception a try. My husband supported this and we are now currently expecting. After we made our announcement Tiffany messaged me asking why I would spend thousands on creating a child when I could helped one who already existed. I tried to play it off but Tiffany kept pressing and calling me a bad person when there are so many children who desperately need a home and overpopulation. It got to the point where she was pissing me off and I just came clean and said that her behavior towards the people who loved and raised her was the reason. Tiffany got really upset but I didn't care, however, her parents are now starting to say that I was wrong so AITA?

I want to know why Tiff's parents put her up for adoption in the first place if they're so amazing and perfect but I am an rear end in a top hat, so...

I mean maybe her adoptive parents were horribly abusive or neglected her, but there should be more to the story.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Sisal Two-Step posted:

lol rot in hell you soulless monster

I want to know more about that update. Did fiance realise what he was marrying? Or did he kick off when she apologised to dad?

Also I think we need to know where she-goon posts to decide how much of a red flag that is.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA For Agreeing With My Brother's Ex-Girlfriend?

quote:

I (34f) have a young brother "Tom" (30m) who is co-parenting my 4-year-old nephew "TJ" with his ex "Amanda" (30f). She and my brother had known each other since middle school and dated off and on in high school. It wasn't until after college that they decided to get serious and moved in together, they were even engaged and would've gotten married if Amanda hadn't of found out she was pregnant. The dream dress that she wanted to wear was not made for a pregnant woman's body and opted to wait until after their son was born for the actual wedding.

Everything seemed to be going great until Tom decided to toss a grenade into the relationship by asking for a paternity test before signing the birth certificate. He admitted that he had no proof nor did he suspect Amanda of cheating and believed that their son was his but wanted to be 100%. Obviously Amanda didn't take too kindly to what was being implied and moved out while Tom was away at work. A few days later he got the ring back through the mail along with a court summons for child support, which included the DNA he initially wanted.

Tom was the father and while there were people on both sides trying to push for reconciliation Amanda wasn't interested. She was mostly civil about everything but refused to engaged with Tom about anything that didn't directly involve their son. To me she didn't seem angry just cold, like she could put on this convincing mask of warmth and joy with Tom whenever TJ was around but the second he wasn't she would go "please don't touch me."

Tom has always been hurt over how Amanda responded to his request and feels that she failed TJ by walking away instead of just staying in the relationship. I mostly just bit my tongue but now that Amanda has started dating again Tom has gotten worse. One day he was ranting about how it was too soon for Amanda to be dating. I responded by bringing up how Tom has had at least two girlfriends since his relationship with Amanda ended. Tom defended himself saying that what he did was different as he was just dating to have fun and "scratch an itch" while Amanda is looking to marry. Eventually, I got fed up with his attitude and told him that the only reason he's in this situation is because of choice to question paternity. Tom said that as a man he had every right to know if TJ was his and I countered with Amanda having every right to leave him over it, as no honest woman should have to be treated as if they've done something wrong and that I would've done the exact same thing as her if a man ever dared to try something like that with me. Since then my parents and a few of Tom's friends have said I was in the wrong as my brother was looking for a sympathetic ear rather than being kicked while he was down. AITA?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that spoiler was NOT what I expected!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Runcible Cat posted:

I want to know more about that update. Did fiance realise what he was marrying? Or did he kick off when she apologised to dad?

Also I think we need to know where she-goon posts to decide how much of a red flag that is.

It was in theory unrelated but in fact the result of the inviolable laws of karma