Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

gay for gacha posted:

Why ? Hal barely posted, and while he did vote for steak he had a hunch about you.

I have some posts about Hal d1 that explain it. The feeling is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

merk posted:

Yeah. ##vote IA.

Promises that the Steak vote will give us great information. Starts d2 by laughing at Toal dying and giving no analysis.

Referee also promised info from Steak.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

This isn't bad. I would like to see poop murdered via dayvig because it would really be helpful to analyze d1 right now.

But ##vote poop.

why wait?

you successfully execute me. I flip town. what does that tell you?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

b-minus1 posted:

Come on guys. Do you really think you would have moved your vote if he had claimed vanilla?

I do have to say I'm glad steak at least didn't claim something mainstream (cop/doc etc) and risk another player outing their role. That leads me to something else though:

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Is Steak just pathologically incapable of an honest role claim? :psyduck:

Why did you basically promise you wouldn't vote Steak if he claimed? I don't understand that logic, especially if you think he's scummy enough to be voting for him in the first place and it's potentially putting town in jeopardy of a no lunch when we need that info. It looks pretty scummy (if poop and steak are both town then it wouldn't matter who you are voting for and potentially "innocently" causing confusion).

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

merk posted:

Hal went from:
Merk/somber/Maerlyn as scum
He can see my plastic case
Merk and somber aren’t scum
Time reassess

If you bundle that all up, you have two very light reads today and that’s it, but it’s some scattered posts that in isolation look helpful.

He’s given us nothing in a way that looks like maybe he actually has.

this is merks hal case for anyone wondering.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

gay for gacha posted:

Referee also promised info from Steak.

I haven't read Referee yet. The case on me was super unpersuasive.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

Of all of these votes, I think the voodoo, referee and plasticlook the worst. Also don’t like hal showing up to post about steaks claim but not throwing down a vote.

##vote poop is what we should have done yesterday. Referees post is also extremely scummy would vote there too

voodoo was all over steak D1, I don't think ending up on steak is much of a tell

plastic's "deal" with steak strikes me as an excuse to avoid being on a vote that he knew would flip town (or at least not scum). he was really hoping someone would bail him out by deadline but knew that willfully letting deadline pass would look even worse for him.

I'm still very mistrustful of referee's posting since the run up to end of D1, especially since he was staying under the radar up until then

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

##vote referee

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

##vote referee

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maerlyn posted:

I do have to say I'm glad steak at least didn't claim something mainstream (cop/doc etc) and risk another player outing their role. That leads me to something else though:

Why did you basically promise you wouldn't vote Steak if he claimed? I don't understand that logic, especially if you think he's scummy enough to be voting for him in the first place and it's potentially putting town in jeopardy of a no lunch when we need that info. It looks pretty scummy (if poop and steak are both town then it wouldn't matter who you are voting for and potentially "innocently" causing confusion).

So I've played four games with Steak now, and in every single game I've seen him get voted out day 1 or 2. I feel sorry for the poor bastard, and really didn't want to have to push him out just to get a flip.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

the holy poopacy posted:

voodoo was all over steak D1, I don't think ending up on steak is much of a tell

plastic's "deal" with steak strikes me as an excuse to avoid being on a vote that he knew would flip town (or at least not scum). he was really hoping someone would bail him out by deadline but knew that willfully letting deadline pass would look even worse for him.

I'm still very mistrustful of referee's posting since the run up to end of D1, especially since he was staying under the radar up until then

Hmm you’re right voodoo was pretty consistent with his desire to lunch steak. It’s still strange that he voted you for a sec and then switched right back to steak once you got to -2.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gay for gacha posted:

##vote referee

Why?

I don’t really see a case on Hal that differentiates his play here from his play in many many other games.

Would love to hear from IA and Ref what info the steak lunch gave, though

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

merk posted:

Yeah. ##vote IA.

Promises that the Steak vote will give us great information. Starts d2 by laughing at Toal dying and giving no analysis.

I didn't say anything about steak vote giving us great information. What are you on about?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

merk posted:

This vote concerns me too. IA is now coming out swinging this morning after hinting at how this vote will get us great information.

This post seems like scum who wants to see what happens today before actually participating:

Swinging this morning? what are you talking about again? I said that at the end of the day after settling on Steak after having wanted to vote somber the majority of the prior game day.

You're fabricating a narrative here.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lakehouse Merk is actually Scumhouse merk, who woulda thunkit?

##vote merk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah something pinging me in merk’s play. Think it’s the relentless torrent of picking up and putting down cases.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm not feeling the votes on IA or Ref, I've had townie vibes on both so far but I'll look again. Merk's vote on IA is unusually weak to me (IA "laughed" about toal's execution and he hasn't done an analysis 1 hour into D2?) Am I finally getting to see scum merk?

I feel like Merk is bouncing around with votes looking for something to stick/be picked up by others so he can sit back and redirect if he needs to...force of personality like Hal said, he doesn't really need to put in as much work to sway people. He had a godawful reason for voting steak or considering voting steak, including the fact that he barely mentioned him except in his case with Plastic.

merk posted:

Steak's vote on Maerlyn is super bad. If I go there, that's the reason.

It just feels really bizarre and doesn't mesh with what I've seen from town merk previously.

Preview edit: at least I'm not totally crazy ##vote merk

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm still suspicious of sand, the sand/merk thing D1 really didn't go anywhere, perhaps some light distancing but I'll see how things play out.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not going to vote merk, he's actively scumhunting.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Yeah. ##vote IA.

is there a particular place where IA says that he wants to flip steak for information? at a glance I don't see it in IA's posts

if merk is making this up it fits a consistent trend of merk making up cases whole cloth out of things that were never actually said

which makes me :thunk: at things like

Somberbrero posted:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote steak

Somber probably won't happen today, but I think it's a great place to start looking tomorrow.

I misread this post. ##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Full disclosure: I'm not at the lakehouse this weekend. Ended up getting sick instead!

I'm going to read with these flips in mind and see what comes out. I have some gut feelings only right now and probably should try to do better. Gut is saying Hal, IA (even though I misread that post), and poop still hanging around. But those could suck.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

who does merk think is scum then

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Damnit nevermind

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

t a s t e posted:

##vote somber

use your words

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

who does merk think is scum then

Point I was making here was I don’t think merk’s really meaningfully pushing for anyone, just wants to be seen making cases.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

It is weird that Somber would stick up for merk like that. But, I'll add a bit to the pressure. I can agree with sandwolf that merk doesnt' feel aligned, and though the votes were close together, it could also have been a jump to see if steak would have been hammered, and then jump off so as not to be one of the late game bandwagons for a town player. As in, if you knew Steak was town, you wouldn't want to be one of the people that voted for him.

##merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey, vote me out if you want. This seems to be new the SA trend. Let me live to lylo as scum, vote me out when I'm on the right path as town.

I'll see what I can drum up when I have time here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Maerlyn posted:

I feel like Merk is bouncing around with votes looking for something to stick/be picked up by others

Slightly edited... but this is exactly what I am doing.

Getting people to make reads, follow my reads, and react to my reads is a way to get content in the game that will help us as the game progresses. That's what I do and always have done, regardless of alignment though.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

merk posted:

Hey, vote me out if you want. This seems to be new the SA trend. Let me live to lylo as scum, vote me out when I'm on the right path as town.

I'll see what I can drum up when I have time here.

see this reads like fake mad. But, i've never seen merk do this in another game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

use your words

“Vote somber”

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My power has been out for a day so I'm on mobile for a while. I'm going to reread the past three pages and see what I see.

Sandwolf posted:

Deadline is at 5pm EST, I have a friend visiting me today so I’ll be here but not super present.

I would be happy to vote steak or Maerlyn. Any lurker after that.

Lurker suggestion is odd. Oh we mention it later.

Toalpaz posted:

IDK lets be honest, does scum really post all this crap.

Town read on poop fwiw. Who did toal think was scum?

Referee posted:

On that note, I’d love to hear some updated thoughts from taste and Snooze and maybe IA, too.

Bad lurker call-out

the holy poopacy posted:

vanilla town, so :shrug: take it or leave it

Don't love the disclaimer. Town don't claim with 'believe it or not' energy.

the holy poopacy posted:

merk & maerlyn remain my top two picks

steak does concern me as I'm getting some deja vu from his SK game where he did a lot of buddying up to me. at least this time he's been dancing back and forth some, but I'm not really loving that either

I have some lurker hunches but I'd rather not pick a lurker today unless necessary, and it doesn't look like it will be

the holy poopacy posted:

lol what

it's been 72 hours

the holy poopacy posted:

referee is going to need another look tomorrow, seems really reluctant to jump on a town flip and really reaching to throw shade on people for trying to close the day with <2 hours remaining

the holy poopacy posted:

flip me if you must, but I'd rather do steak

##vote steak

Why does he take so long to vote steak?

Idle Amalgam posted:

Steak and poop are against each other, and both are probably town.

Scummy.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Regarding feelings on Somber, much of my suspicion of somber was predicated on his earlier jokephase gameplay, and that seemingly stretching suspicion of sandwolf in what they perceived as a slip regarding merk's alignment. It looked like an easy enough push for scum to make while still shooting the poo poo for much of the game day which is what somber did.

I'm busy doing stuff at work at the moment, but I'll vote steak over poop, because poop's player meta with me is pretty much spot on for the last game I played with them as town. Granted, meta is bullshit, it still holds ground more often than not.

So I just shot the poo poo all day? Baloney. That's not accurate.

Referee posted:

I buy it, actually.

Why

Referee posted:

That said, while I’m willing to move if needed, I like this better right now and I think this flip also will now provide a bunch of info:

##vote Steak

Biiiiig walkup to this vote, yeesh.

Idle Amalgam posted:

I agree that people seem pretty in a hurry, at least at this specific instance, to consolidate on one of the two players. Not necessarily, that people have rushed the day which is what I believe ref was saying.

I'll vote shortly if no one else sees somber as a better alternative.

t a s t e posted:

##vote somber

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote steak

Somber probably won't happen today, but I think it's a great place to start looking tomorrow.

uhuh

There was a lot that page

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

use your words

Maerlyn you haven't really had any reads in two pages of posts, what's up pal. Can't figure it out?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Point I was making here was I don’t think merk’s really meaningfully pushing for anyone, just wants to be seen making cases.

merk doesn't always know who the scum are. Sometimes he has to play the game to figure it out.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

merk doesn't always know who the scum are. Sometimes he has to play the game to figure it out.

now you have to double down and defend merk all game in case you are scum buddies right?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
did merk/somber scumteam just decide gently caress it or what

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Referee posted:

Reread most of the game, but admittedly not with super close detail. I know someone earlier (Toal?) mentioned that they were sus on people saying D1 that arguments between two players on D1 are indicative that they must on opposite teams… but jeez, merk and poopacy does NOT feel like a townie slap fight to me. Between the two, gun to my head, I think I’d prefer to vote merk at this stage. Flipping either of these two probably provides the most information based on D1 interactions. I think I’ll put my vote back on ##vote merk.

This case is odd because it was made when poop was a more viable candidate for elimination, yet it is couched as a 'gun to my head' type of decision. It is further odd because Referee never comments on poop even as poop approaches elimination besides asking for a claim. A negative read of this case is that he's setting me up for when poop gets eliminated and flips town.

Referee posted:

I see the logic here and I’d be willing to vote Steak as well, though I’m staying where I’m at for now.

Referee posted:

I don’t recall what time zone Steak is in, but looking at the time stamps on his posts this game, I don’t expect he’ll be around prior to deadline. I’m open to moving there and will check in later this morning but not ready to move off my current vote yet.

A negative read here is Referee opening the door to vote Steak when necessary.

Referee posted:

Yeah, I’m at work and won’t be able to engage for a bit, but town players lying on claims is one thing that really chaps me. If Steak had accurately claimed I likely would not have kept my vote there.

How could you have known this was fake at the time? This is fake.

I could see Referee.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

merk posted:

Full disclosure: I'm not at the lakehouse this weekend. Ended up getting sick instead!

I'm going to read with these flips in mind and see what comes out. I have some gut feelings only right now and probably should try to do better. Gut is saying Hal, IA (even though I misread that post), and poop still hanging around. But those could suck.

These suck. What does your gut say about somber, maerlyn and sandwolf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

A negative read of this case is that he's setting me up for when poop gets eliminated and flips town.

Before someone goes SCUMM SLIP WE gOT HIM HOW DOES NHE KNOW POOP SIS OSWNTWN AEHRE?!!?!? WE GOT HI!M!!!! - the negative read here doesn't make much sense if poop flips scum. Why would Referee vote me instead of poop and never open the door to vote poop as poop approaches elimination (got to -2)?