Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, that's exactly my argument poop. You nailed it. Real good faith effort here. Glad I engaged you in an attempt to better discern your alignment.

You can't let him get under your skin or you are going to appear even more scum btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Sandwolf posted:

I have a good feeling about g4g so far, what’s the case on Referee?

They were part of thst last second shift to lunch steak and then today said he would have voted elsewhere if steak had claimed his actual vanilla role. Which I think is bs

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’d bet dollars to pesos that gacha is town. No way does someone that new (ish) replace in as scum and come swinging that hard.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I have a good feeling about g4g so far, what’s the case on Referee?

It’s almost like I don’t post?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s so easy to just quote the post you’re upset no one paid attention, I don’t get why folks don’t do that more instead of just going “d-doy you idiot just look at my post history”

merk posted:

This case is odd because it was made when poop was a more viable candidate for elimination, yet it is couched as a 'gun to my head' type of decision. It is further odd because Referee never comments on poop even as poop approaches elimination besides asking for a claim. A negative read of this case is that he's setting me up for when poop gets eliminated and flips town.

A negative read here is Referee opening the door to vote Steak when necessary.

How could you have known this was fake at the time? This is fake.

I could see Referee.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

I could see your somber vote. Do you have words that explain how you got there?

Just two

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The thing is, this is actually preferable to taste playing the game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I still think poop is a good choice to be lunched based on how eod went down. But this post is giving me pause.

the holy poopacy posted:

why wait?

you successfully execute me. I flip town. what does that tell you?
Ok so if we lunch him and he flips town, what do we learn? Thst we had two townies and somber on the chopping block. At the end it came down to choosing between steak and poop, and I’m more suspicious of those who shifted their votes between the two. Voodoo and plastic did this. Also I can see scum hal showing up with a last se one “just checking in” post, saw that steak (who he was already voting) was the likely lunch candidate, and then dipped out of the thread. Btw If someone has a vig, please shoot poop.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

The thing is, this is actually preferable to taste playing the game.

Mind betters

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

I’d bet dollars to pesos that gacha is town. No way does someone that new (ish) replace in as scum and come swinging that hard.

I have seen games get really hosed up by lurker scum getting replaced by very earnest and credible posters

which vexes me because yes, I like the cut of gfg's jib and they're otherwise the strongest townie read I have

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

I have seen games get really hosed up by lurker scum getting replaced by very earnest and credible posters

which vexes me because yes, I like the cut of gfg's jib and they're otherwise the strongest townie read I have

Why cast doubt on it then?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Why cast doubt on it then?

just paranoid, it left a really sour taste in my mouth the last time it happened.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##vote plastic. Carryover gut from day 1 plus what other people have already said.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

##vote plastic. Carryover gut from day 1 plus what other people have already said.

Voodoo, I do think Plastic is worth examining, but so are you.

Voodoofly posted:

I'm still fine voting steak.

I don't see what all of you see on Poop, but honestly I've never played with poop and it looks like Poop doesn't have a ton of games so I'm just sort of cutting them slack on day 1. Steak jumping on and off poop in the way he did is honestly the most damning thing I have on poop at this point but that puts a lot of weight on steak's alignment.

Likewise, I think PA's comment on steak early on is strange and if steak is scum I'm voting PA in a second.

I also can't wait for IA to get his losertar in here with me.

In this post you said you would be willing to vote PA in a second if Steak is scum, but now you want to vote PA even though Steak flipped town.

In that post you also said you didn't really see anything on poop, but when Steak voted for him you didn't like it:

and also voted for him yourself:

Voodoofly posted:

##vote Poop prefer poop to somb

You flipflopped Day1 between Steak, Maerlyn, Poop, Merk, and Plastic.

- Your Plastic hunch was conditional if Steak flipped Scum.
- You drove the Steak case really hard,
- You refused to listen to Steak on Poop, but then voted for poop yourself so that you wouldn't have to vote for Somb -- which is contradictory to your whole "cutting Poop day1 slack".
- This exchange with Merk feels so performed it hurts : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975532&userid=29122#post516906713
- You haphazardly threw this out about Maer: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975532&userid=29122#post516907792

So why would you cut poop slack until it comes to picking between poop and Scum?
Why would you vote for Plastic if your initial vote hinged on Steak flipping scum.
Why would you still vote Poop after telling Steak his case on poop sucked?
What was the thing about Maerlyn that made you want to vote for them?

Your posts feel like scum that is trying to distance themselves from their scum buddies but is like too busy with work or something to do a thorough job. . Even your plastic vote just now feels like a way to drop something off and lay low.

I'm interested in how you respond to this post. I think you are going to try to discredit it and say that you were just scum hunting. Some form of "what do you want me to say?". But since I wrote that, maybe you will try to quote a bunch of plastic posts, and ignore that your vote on them was conditional.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

There was a major shift in plastic's play right after my callout. Pre-callout, plastic looked pretty scummy. Post callout, I'm not as sure.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

gay for gacha posted:

Voodoo, I do think Plastic is worth examining, but so are you.

In this post you said you would be willing to vote PA in a second if Steak is scum, but now you want to vote PA even though Steak flipped town.

In that post you also said you didn't really see anything on poop, but when Steak voted for him you didn't like it:

and also voted for him yourself:

You flipflopped Day1 between Steak, Maerlyn, Poop, Merk, and Plastic.

- Your Plastic hunch was conditional if Steak flipped Scum.
- You drove the Steak case really hard,
- You refused to listen to Steak on Poop, but then voted for poop yourself so that you wouldn't have to vote for Somb -- which is contradictory to your whole "cutting Poop day1 slack".
- This exchange with Merk feels so performed it hurts : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975532&userid=29122#post516906713
- You haphazardly threw this out about Maer: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975532&userid=29122#post516907792

So why would you cut poop slack until it comes to picking between poop and Scum?
Why would you vote for Plastic if your initial vote hinged on Steak flipping scum.
Why would you still vote Poop after telling Steak his case on poop sucked?
What was the thing about Maerlyn that made you want to vote for them?

Your posts feel like scum that is trying to distance themselves from their scum buddies but is like too busy with work or something to do a thorough job. . Even your plastic vote just now feels like a way to drop something off and lay low.

I'm interested in how you respond to this post. I think you are going to try to discredit it and say that you were just scum hunting. Some form of "what do you want me to say?". But since I wrote that, maybe you will try to quote a bunch of plastic posts, and ignore that your vote on them was conditional.

I thought steak was scum. I made my case yesterday and voted him.

I voted poop when it was a couple hours before deadline and it looked like it was coming down to poop or somber. I didn’t want to execute somber which is the only reason I voted poop.deadline was 2pm and I had a busy work day so wanted to have a vote down that mattered. When I saw someone vote steak right after I switched back since he was the person I found scummy.

I want to vote PA now. I had gut feelings yesterday that were tied into steak but I still think they are scum. I didn’t like the bargain with steak and claiming. Yep don’t like the posts today. It’s a lot of gut mostly.

And yes I wanted to get a vote down. It’s a weekend deadline, it’s probably going to be a slow game day if history serves correct. had a busy Friday and I’m never around much on the weekends so I want a vote out there ahead of time.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

There was a major shift in plastic's play right after my callout. Pre-callout, plastic looked pretty scummy. Post callout, I'm not as sure.

Do you find that one alignment adjusts playstyle more often to a callout?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

the holy poopacy posted:

i responded to plastic and commented on plastic's case and asked plastic what he thought about someone else because i'm trying to feel out plastic

i'm interested in getting other opinions from plastic because plastic seems to be weirdly tunneled on a few posters (i know, i know) and i want to see a better spread of reads from him

i'm interested in what he thinks on maerlyn specifically because she's been unusually divisive, with a lot of fairly strong town/scum calls despite fairly vague posting

in general the battle lines this game seem remarkably consistent so far; if you name any active poster and look at everyone's stated opinions the people on one side will probably have a fairly universal negative opinion of the people on the other side. i don't have a ton of games under my belt but usually people's reads are a lot more fragmented. you and merk and bminus and maerlyn seem to be lining up on the same reads pretty consistently. me and sand and steak and IA have been largely lining up on opposite reads. a few other posters like Hal have wavered with one camp or the other, but have mostly been pulling in one direction at a time.

this concerns me because both sides seem to be too large and too consistent to be the scumteam. I think you/merk/maerlyn/bminus are all scummy, but statistically I don't think you're all scum. but since you all generally seem to agree with each other on most calls it's hard to figure out who's scum and who's town that's along for the ride. conversely, I'm concerned that a scum or two has probably latched on to my side of these slapfights but again, most of the people who agree with me have been mutually agreeing with each other so it's hard for me to discern the differences among them

so i'm very interested in hearing the opinions of the fence-sitters who aren't strongly aligned with either camp and what fault lines they perceive in the main voting blocs that have been forming as they may be able to pick up on subtle differences that i'm missing because i'm too involved

Merk this was after you voted plastic. This is a scummy post. I questioned plastic about it yesterday. It’s these after you vote posts that are why I want to vote plastic now. Also minus had a good point on plastic.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Phone quoted wrong post there.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

4 AM posting so pardon me if I'm a bit incoherent, I should really not be awake still and will give the thread a full re-read in the morning, but this has just been bothering me so I'm posting before I collapse

So uh. Somber, do you actually have a scumread on Poopacy or not? Because this post reads like you're suddenly trying to find an excuse to back off your vote on him by justifying the behavior you've called out as suspicious. What could have happened since then?

Oh. Right. My issue with this whole Poopacy "case" is that there's nothing of substance, it was following right after Merk started on Poopacy for the exact same reasons, and I do not like how Somb's relied on this flimsy argument that he's repeatedly quoted and refused to elaborate on.

While turning around and dismissing other arguments in this manner.

Somber, I have read and re-read every single one of your posts to see if maybe I completely misunderstood you. If there's something here, I don't see it. The only tangible point I've been able to find is that you think Poopacy's tactic of posting a random scum team to try and bait out reactions, then admitting that was what he was doing immediately is a scum move. (That's a move I've seen town players do repeatedly in the last few games I've been in, so if that's all you have, then I am not convinced.) The fact that this is the case you've kept your vote on and kept focus on it while saying you think Steak is scum but aren't willing to vote him or that you think there's a good Sandwolf case but you don't want to dig into it right now is what keeps popping out at me.

Anyways votefinder wasn't working earlier apparently, so leaving this again for posterity.

##vote: Somberbrero

This was what I wanted to quote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Hal went from:
Merk/somber/Maerlyn as scum
He can see my plastic case
Merk and somber aren’t scum
Time reassess

If you bundle that all up, you have two very light reads today and that’s it, but it’s some scattered posts that in isolation look helpful.

He’s given us nothing in a way that looks like maybe he actually has.

You going to follow on this. I thought it was your best case day 1, and Hal is someone I never get a good read on.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Somberbrero posted:

I mean I'm happy enough to vote ref, I'm just trying to figure out if there's a better case today.

Likely Town
Binus

Probably town
Merk
Sand
Gacha
Maerlyn

Will work through the rest via process of elimination and try to sort it out.

I'm curious as to why binus is "likely town" for you when Toal seemed to feel the opposite:

Toalpaz posted:

I hate to make calls like this but I don't think binus's participation is his town play.

Toalpaz posted:

This is perhaps the easiest game of mafia I've ever seen.

Kill poop,

Kill b-,

Kill somber,

Join my game.

Toal didn't get a chance to explain which may be why they were the N1 target.

I'll note that merk quoting that same post and saying it's an interesting kill choice by scum does not make me view him in a better light. It's a bit obvious of a scum move to kill the person and post death, point to this list and say these scum were silencing them. Time will tell but that's not giving me a stronger opinion of merks towniness.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I intend to work on rereads today since I got my video game playing in, but posting long in depth cases has never been my strong suit... Just stating facts.

I'm leaning merk and sand as scum (still leery of sand with his intentions questioning me yesterday), I can address that later and someone else already mentioned it but his D1 lunch picks being two town - steak and myself (not trying to convince anyone but eventually that flip will prove it) or a lurker which is a low info pick is not helping me see him as town. My third choice would have been plastic but with the added heat from people I have scum reads on, I need to look at him a little closer and the arguments about him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

You going to follow on this. I thought it was your best case day 1, and Hal is someone I never get a good read on.

I would gladly vote Hal. ##vote Hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

alright voodoo, you convinced me to look deeper and I can see it ##vote steak

This Steak vote from Hal, for example, shifts culpability for what he knows is a town flip over to you.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Maerlyn posted:

I'll note that merk quoting that same post and saying it's an interesting kill choice by scum does not make me view him in a better light. It's a bit obvious of a scum move to kill the person and post death, point to this list and say these scum were silencing them. Time will tell but that's not giving me a stronger opinion of merks towniness.

I think this is a good principle but here I kind of have to agree with merk: it is interesting. at the time several people (including you, it looks like) went :thunk: at Toal's grouping and it remains a puzzler

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

##vote Voodoofly

For me there is a connection between Merk and Somber and a third person. Voodoo's post do a thing where they distance themselves away from these two people. I think a few votes on Voodoo could possibly reveal alignment between a few people. Or, a few people not voting voodoo, will also do that.

Maerlyn
Merk
Somberbro
Plastic

I'd like to know your thoughts on Voodoofly, my post, and Voodoo's last few posts.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

I would gladly vote Hal. ##vote Hal

I’m starting to lean that way on a reread and caffeine.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hmm sandwolf kinda dropped off my radar from yesterday. Need to read his posts from today but I haven’t seen anything that’s pinged me as scum

If poop isn’t going to happen, I will also ##vote hal. Also still waiting for referee to return to the game

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

gay for gacha posted:

##vote Voodoofly

For me there is a connection between Merk and Somber and a third person. Voodoo's post do a thing where they distance themselves away from these two people. I think a few votes on Voodoo could possibly reveal alignment between a few people. Or, a few people not voting voodoo, will also do that.

Maerlyn
Merk
Somberbro
Plastic

I'd like to know your thoughts on Voodoofly, my post, and Voodoo's last few posts.

So far you have made a big math post, a conclusion on me where you tell me to answer then answer for me, then ignore my post and vote me because it provides information as opposed to thinking I’m scum.

Like I’m not big on scum tells but you are hitting new scum trifecta here.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

I intend to work on rereads today since I got my video game playing in, but posting long in depth cases has never been my strong suit... Just stating facts.

I'm leaning merk and sand as scum (still leery of sand with his intentions questioning me yesterday), I can address that later and someone else already mentioned it but his D1 lunch picks being two town - steak and myself (not trying to convince anyone but eventually that flip will prove it) or a lurker which is a low info pick is not helping me see him as town. My third choice would have been plastic but with the added heat from people I have scum reads on, I need to look at him a little closer and the arguments about him.

##vote Maerlyn

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Maerlyn

Eh, I wanted to see how Maerlyn would react to that before explaining but I’m not sure it’s gonna be that useful. that post from Maerlyn feels like a scum check-in post. Largely falling back on D1 reads, no vote, no push, no agenda. Just checking in, keeping up appearances.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

So far you have made a big math post, a conclusion on me where you tell me to answer then answer for me, then ignore my post and vote me because it provides information as opposed to thinking I’m scum.

Like I’m not big on scum tells but you are hitting new scum trifecta here.

It's very easy to OMGUS me when the attention turns to you.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Eh, I wanted to see how Maerlyn would react to that before explaining but I’m not sure it’s gonna be that useful. that post from Maerlyn feels like a scum check-in post. Largely falling back on D1 reads, no vote, no push, no agenda. Just checking in, keeping up appearances.

How do you feel about Voodooflys initial PA post then? it follows the same 'check-in' pattern.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gay for gacha posted:

How do you feel about Voodooflys initial PA post then? it follows the same 'check-in' pattern.

I’m a bit biased cuz I love a bit of Voodoofly but I think I can still follow his thought process and far more distinctly, Voodoo seems to want to get people eliminated. I’m not extremely convinced by his case but Plastic’s tone change keeps popping up in my head.

Juxtaposed to Maerlyn who doesn’t even seem to want to confidently say who they think is scum, develop any scum reads, or even push a vote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

gay for gacha posted:

It's very easy to OMGUS me when the attention turns to you.

I mean yes when you are making scummy arguments.

Actually I don’t even know if I think your vote is scummy. It feels super forced like you are scared to just make a gut vote and quite frankly I don’t see how you get most of your conclusions from my posts but if you think I’m scum keep voting me.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I’m a bit biased cuz I love a bit of Voodoofly but I think I can still follow his thought process and far more distinctly, Voodoo seems to want to get people eliminated. I’m not extremely convinced by his case but Plastic’s tone change keeps popping up in my head.

Juxtaposed to Maerlyn who doesn’t even seem to want to confidently say who they think is scum, develop any scum reads, or even push a vote.

I love every ounce of sand

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

I mean yes when you are making scummy arguments.

Actually I don’t even know if I think your vote is scummy. It feels super forced like you are scared to just make a gut vote and quite frankly I don’t see how you get most of your conclusions from my posts but if you think I’m scum keep voting me.

I don’t think g4g is a good target for the day, Voodoo

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm sandwolf kinda dropped off my radar from yesterday. Need to read his posts from today but I haven’t seen anything that’s pinged me as scum

If poop isn’t going to happen, I will also ##vote hal. Also still waiting for referee to return to the game

Replace poop with PA for me and this tracks. Or maybe maer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think g4g is a good target for the day, Voodoo

I agree.

I also think Maerlyn seems town.

I also think you seem town, which is new for me.