Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Maerlyn is alone barking up a Merk/Sandwolf tree. It just doesn’t feel like scum with those picks. Why wouldn’t she do what Hal is doing and see where the wind is blowing instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Maerlyn is alone barking up a Merk/Sandwolf tree. It just doesn’t feel like scum with those picks. Why wouldn’t she do what Hal is doing and see where the wind is blowing instead?

Because Hal is catching flak for that atm?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Because Hal is catching flak for that atm?

Not *that* much flak.

##vote hal

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

No one is mentioning Ref

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gay for gacha posted:

No one is mentioning Ref

What’s the case

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I need to do some rereading. Still think the merk/somber/bminus/maerlyn cluster seems scummy, although at this point I'm not feeling maerlyn as much and I suspect somber over merk.

Ref's end of D1/start of D2 did not feel good, especially being relatively absent before & after

my impression is that voodoo had a fairly consistent steak-centric game D1 which doesn't bother me too much, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention

Hal has kind of been below my radar, which itself is a little suspicious but I need a closer look at his content

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

What’s the case

Are you kidding

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Gfg I’m in on a ref case. Id go back there.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Are you kidding

merk I want someone else to give me a case, I did not find yours compelling, is that OK?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Are you kidding

this is even borderline disingenuous, you have one post laying out a case on Referee and you've done nothing to draw extra attention to it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Gfg also has a case. You know, the person you’re asking for a case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You could react to the cases that are there instead of asking for a case. That’s how discussion works.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay, I have 4 pages to catch up on. Give me a bit to read everything, got a migraine at the moment, but I'll post my thoughts shortly.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi apologies I was traveling all day yesterday and trying to spend a bit of time with the family before I leave again. I will be around tonight though. I’m not surprised people are voting me, I haven’t been great. I will say that I wasn’t trying to shift blame to voodoo, I said I went back and looked at steak because voodoo pushed me too, but I wasn’t saying I was voting him because of voodoo. Merk trying to paint false narratives about me this game, thought you were better than that

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

Gfg also has a case. You know, the person you’re asking for a case.

Not much of one. He quotes ref out of order and calls him scum for flip flopping on steak.

Which is a pretty cherry picked case. Ref made a case on merk and then moved over to steak as the game progressed. Like many people do on day 1.

It’s sort of the same thing he is trying say on me. I was pretty vocal about pushing steak but he is saying I’m scum for flopping around and not listening to steaks case on poop with zero acknowledgement that I would not put faith in the case of someone when I’m calling for their head.

Hell part of the reason g4g called ref scum is because ref didn’t assume steak was scum, but I’m scum for not listening to steak who I thought was scum.

I’d like to see ref post more. I think he is a good vote. I think PA is better and also needs to post today. But I don’t think sand asking g4g to expand on a bad case is somehow out of line.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Asking gfg to expand on the case is fine.

Acting like no one had made a case is annoying and unhelpful.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay, I have 4 pages to catch up on. Give me a bit to read everything, got a migraine at the moment, but I'll post my thoughts shortly.

Sorry about your head. I’ve had one for a few days because we are living in hot, smokey hell right now. I just spent half an hour brushing ash off of things.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Asking gfg to expand on the case is fine.

Acting like no one had made a case is annoying and unhelpful.

I’m pretty sure all of us take pride in being annoying and unhelpful in these games from time to time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
And also, Sandwolf is more than capable of reading referee himself at this point. There isn’t much content there. If we are going to win this game, we need a hopefully town Sandwolf to help drive us to finding scum.

This whole banter from me also isn’t helpful I know. I do think Sandwolf is townie right now so I shouldn’t care if he’s being annoying. But it is annoying.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

*speaking through gritted teeth* I have read Ref and I don’t really see the case hence why I’m loving asking people to loving argue the case

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scum probably

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

Scum probably

Who scum

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
reading through from the top, this came up early D1

Hal Insandenza posted:

Merk is giving me the feeling he told his scumbros he was going to show how you can be blatantly scummy but overcome suspicion by sheer force of personality. Perhaps somber said he would accept that challenge and try to one up him.

i think this might be the first post itt that calls out merk & somber together; merk & somber both want Hal gone right now. will have to see how convincing their argument is.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
somber repeatedly makes claims to have confirmed merk early D1 as part of their role. i assume joke but it could also be a blatant mason claim (which may or may not be blatant cover for scumbuddies). somber/merk mason does make sense of some of their incredible buddy-buddyness. somber/merk scumteam claiming to be masons also makes sense.

i'm trying not to tunnel on somber & merk here but i'm still at a part of D1 when many posters are not very active yet

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

somber repeatedly makes claims to have confirmed merk early D1 as part of their role. i assume joke but it could also be a blatant mason claim (which may or may not be blatant cover for scumbuddies). somber/merk mason does make sense of some of their incredible buddy-buddyness. somber/merk scumteam claiming to be masons also makes sense.

i'm trying not to tunnel on somber & merk here but i'm still at a part of D1 when many posters are not very active yet

Wait what??? Did I miss that?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I think that was somber's "I'm steak now" posting or at least that's how I read it. I don't recall off the top of my head when he dropped that schtick but 1/2 of his D1 posts were RPing as someone else, roughly.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Wait what??? Did I miss that?

Somberbrero posted:

I'll be playing as steak this game

Very happy for my cool role this should be a lot of fun!

Somberbrero posted:

i just wanted to say again that i have a power role in case that didn't register for anyone or you forgot since i said it last

Somberbrero posted:

okay merk is definitely town because this all makes sense with my role so he's confirmed

(ooc: very persuasive ##vote merk)

Somberbrero posted:

if you saw my role you would understand

(this is in regards to somber unvoting from merk)

Somberbrero posted:

i already explained that merk was town as part of my role, clearly voodoo is faking content and not reading

ooc seems like an obvious vote from earlier interactions and looks worse now. If I had a gun i would shoot sandwolf ##vote poopacy

again i assume they're all jokes but i had forgotten how far somber carries on the joke for

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i already had the impression that maerlyn was very wishy-washy D1 but i'm still surprised on reread how quickly she backpedals to any questioning of her suspicions.

Sandwolf posted:

What’s your feeling on binus from?

Maerlyn posted:

Based off of Toal's post (I said I would maybe vote binus) but after going back and looking at binus' posts again I'm back at neutral...his posting style feels interchangeable whether he's town or scum so he's hard for me to read. I thought his earlier vote on poop felt bandwagon-y (I tried to confirm this in votefinder just now but it's down).

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somber ref

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm actually coming back around to scum binus, I just haven't finished the proper case but I found something pretty rich considering Hal is on the chopping block:

Hal Insandenza posted:

If scum are really in a "bloc" I would lean toward the somb/merk/maer/binus block but odds are some of the scum are the fence sitters and lurkers as always

Votecount for Day 2

Hal Insandenza (3): merk, b-minus1, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (2): t a s t e, the holy poopacy
Maerlyn (1): Sandwolf
PlasticAutomaton (1): Voodoofly
merk (1): Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Maerlyn
Voodoofly (1): gay for gacha
Idle Amalgam (0): merk, merk
the holy poopacy (0): b-minus1, merk, merk, b-minus1
Referee (0): gay for gacha, merk, merk, gay for gacha

Not Voting (4): Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, Referee

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 15th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

Are you loving it?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

your role is scum and i do understand why you post these things as scum.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

*speaking through gritted teeth* I have read Ref and I don’t really see the case hence why I’m loving asking people to loving argue the case

It really pains me to agree with you right now but I reread Ref and I didn't see anything alarming, he was a little lurky but the thoughts he had were similar to mine. The arguments others have made (I need to go back and look at who) about Ref "promising info from steak's flip" seem like forced suspicions because there is always new info to process after a flip so portraying that as some kind of scummy statement seems like a reach.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What about where Ref says that he would’ve unvoted if Steak didn’t fakeclaim? That’s the best part of the case to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

What about where Ref says that he would’ve unvoted if Steak didn’t fakeclaim? That’s the best part of the case to me.

that is the strongest part of the case, I would agree, but it's also not enough for me to want to vote them over other scummier people

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Sandwolf I think I generally agree with this post but don't you think this could be steak voting his scum bud poop?

It feels like you really haven't engaged the poop stuff, I feel like your town read on poop is too strong for how little you've interacted so I don't get it.

scratching my head at this interaction. at this point D1 people have been pressuring somber for talking big suspicions on sandwolf and somber has been responding by swearing that no really he's really suspicious on sandwolf and just has other priorities. this doesn't really feel like someone questioning their #2 or #3 scum candidate that a couple posts ago they just reiterated they consistently believed was scummy. idk, maybe this is more of a gut thing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Oh boy is that phrase pinging me really badly.

Man, that is a super defensive post to a not persuasive case.

i forgot that merk called somber out around this time. this could be distancing but gj if it is because it feels pretty sincere

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
not really relevant but:

Toalpaz posted:

a short 17 hours remain

i recommend we all make our peace, as I have it on good authority that not all of us will survive this dark night.

lol

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I've caught up and I still think it's somber.

I may have inaccurately referred to his play as shooting the poo poo, but what pinged me as scummy still remains and just demands some articulation.
  • The Sand Slip
  • Pushing Steak
  • Pushing Poop

Somber's early game play was understandably light-hearted, as is often the case with joke phase play, but where it becomes suspicious is when serious suggestions are made jokingly.

The Sand Slip

the holy poopacy posted:

4 more votes and merk will be at minus merk

Somberbrero posted:

Naw I feel bad even if it would be funny ##unvote

There isn't anything wrong with going against a turbo, but the reasoning and timing at -4 seem artificial. Also makes me wonder if it was deliberately to save merk who has also come across as looking scummy fairly often thus far this game.

However, it's when sandwolf hints at somber being afraid to look scummy, and somber retorts with a joking callout about a slip, and then uses it against him seriously later that I find to be a typical scum behavior.

Sandwolf posted:

Afraid to look scummy Somber??

Somberbrero posted:

if you saw my role you would understand
First off, this crumb stands out given all the other JOKING post claims that he was making, but that's neither here or there.

BUT importantly, he doesn't lead with the "suspicion" against sand, he has to follow up the thought because it seemed like a good thing to do.

Somberbrero posted:

wait why are you so sure merk is town

##vote sandwolf

Got 'em

Which, them being independent of one another isn't actually all that bad, it's the follow up later to add legitimacy to the breezy call out that I find suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

As opposed to PA saying they would unvote if steak claimed?