Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

People say Vick wasn't accurate but you have to see the context there: he was streaky, and it was all around whether he'd been physically beaten up that day. We forget how small a guy he really was, so he could definitely be rattled by a defense. But if you let him get comfortable, his feet would calm down a little and he'd start hitting 7, 8 in a row -- I saw it over and over and over and over again.

So naturally when the Falcons' O-line was a revolving door, he really got his rear end kicked and never could get any momentum, scrambling for his life and not many guys are accurate on a full scramble anyway.

It's not an accident that Andy Reid's offense gave him a chance to work the ball without taking so much heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

:shrug:

Some petty nerd with cash to burn. I got a new one yesterday and it was changed to this. Then harper deleted it and whoever it was bought another one.

I didn’t even do anything lol

Goons are weird man. I used to play EVE and i probably had 10-12 avatar changes over the span of 2 months. None of which were funded by me.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

mdemone posted:

People say Vick wasn't accurate but you have to see the context there: he was streaky, and it was all around whether he'd been physically beaten up that day. We forget how small a guy he really was, so he could definitely be rattled by a defense. But if you let him get comfortable, his feet would calm down a little and he'd start hitting 7, 8 in a row -- I saw it over and over and over and over again.

So naturally when the Falcons' O-line was a revolving door, he really got his rear end kicked and never could get any momentum, scrambling for his life and not many guys are accurate on a full scramble anyway.

It's not an accident that Andy Reid's offense gave him a chance to work the ball without taking so much heat.

An Andy Reid offense allowing a generational talent to do their thing well, you say?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Komet posted:

That's probably true as there's basically no way to defend Vick optioning to Barkley or Miles Sanders. I could see receivers or the tight end being open all the time, but Vick was not particularly accurate, and I could see that costing a game. Bottom line, I don't know if the 2017 Penn State wins the national championship with Vick or not. McSorley threw 3500 and ran for 500 that year.

It's posts like these that keep my imagination running wild

much like Saquon & Vick would have

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:secsmug:

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1427772655206338565

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

It's a shame it isn't funnier.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Nebraska breaking rules to win five games is fun.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yeah that is much better.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

soggybagel posted:

Nebraska breaking rules to win five games is fun.

five might be optimistic

edit: Frost is a doofus shithead

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Some times I lay awake at night thinking about what if Michael Vick was white.

Mainly because the picture still haunts me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sash! posted:

Some times I lay awake at night thinking about what if Michael Vick was white.

Mainly because the picture still haunts me.

Why, because PSU would have recruited him at QB then?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It just means more.*

*Not valid for ICU beds.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

mdemone posted:

would have to move from Happy Valley to Uncanny Valley

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Seaniqua posted:

I'm Michael Vick and this is my favorite store on the citadel.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Seaniqua posted:

:stonk:

No please put him back

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

mdemone posted:

lol

also please don't remind me that Justin Fields flipped :(

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Seaniqua posted:

Woah, look at that cerebral quarterback.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Seaniqua posted:

what the gently caress

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Komet posted:

what the gently caress

Do you not remember this article?

It was cringe even for the time

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Just a reminder that White Michael Vick wasn't just some random photoshop, it's from this article:

What if Michael Vick were white?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

kiimo posted:

Do you not remember this article?

It was cringe even for the time

I do remember seeing that before, but that was....in the Before Times

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

Just a reminder that White Michael Vick wasn't just some random photoshop, it's from this article:

What if Michael Vick were white?

I vaguely remember the author had nothing to do with the photoshop and was pissed for what it's worth.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I vaguely remember the author had nothing to do with the photoshop and was pissed for what it's worth.

Well the article sucks too

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/ChrisGrygiel/status/1428109119152562177?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I was gonna say

quote:

WHEN MICHAEL VICK PLAYS, I see streetball. I don't just mean that sort of football where you have to count to four-Mississippi before you can rush the quarterback, nearly everything breaks down and it's all great fun. I also mean street basketball. Vick's style reminds me of Allen Iverson

Not a great start

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

Well the article sucks too

Yeah hence for what it's worth. Both are bad but adding that in made it a fair sight worse.

vv--yeah that doesn't help either.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I also recall that he was pissed at the title too

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Where's the ribs pic

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So what’s going to happen if he won’t? Fired for cause?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I wouldn’t bother fantasizing about it

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Seaniqua posted:

this is like dabo.jpg i laugh real hard every time i see it

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Anyone want to blow up a bus??

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1428043802153943043?s=21

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao why did they make him look like that??? Also extremely Fox that their idea to combat GameDay was to send a Nazi on tour.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I really want Clay to get a serious covid case and die.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

soggybagel posted:

:hmmyes:

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Godzilla07 posted:

Nebraska is following in the steps of their fellow fallen 90s power, Tennessee, in trying to not to pay the full buyout amount:

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1427978201297571843?s=21

Man, if that's the result of getting extra practice what the gently caress does that program look like otherwise.

Most of the other terrible big 10 boards have latched on to some hilariously gossipy thread from months ago on Nebraska's boards about Frost's home life getting bad over the summer too. Personally, I'm not sure I believe the rumors that his wife took the kids and went back to Florida, but it might explain his sudden anger at people being able to transfer.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

soggybagel posted:

I really should just put it in my avatar text at this point but I can’t say it enough

gently caress Clay Travis

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

soggybagel posted:

I would bet a lot that he actually got vaccinated and also he is unfortunately very rich

TheGreyGhost posted:

Man, if that's the result of getting extra practice what the gently caress does that program look like otherwise.

Most of the other terrible big 10 boards have latched on to some hilariously gossipy thread from months ago on Nebraska's boards about Frost's home life getting bad over the summer too. Personally, I'm not sure I believe the rumors that his wife took the kids and went back to Florida, but it might explain his sudden anger at people being able to transfer.

Frost being mad about transfers is so funny when he was one of the most high profile transfers ever as a player

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Oh no doubt he’s vaccinated. I’m sure his wife is and his kids are in private school. I would just love for him to be the .001 percent who die with a breakthrough case. It would make me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Just chatting about the pigskin and wishing death on my fellow man