Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i didnt know ellie trashcakes liked spoons so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

eh the stream ended so im working on it

Python code:
try:
    import flask
except (ImportError, ModuleNotFoundError):
    from site_packages import flask

# init flask app
app = flask.Flask(__name__)
app.config["DEBUG"] = False

@app.route('/', methods=['GET'])
def home():
    return flask.render_template('bintedhome.html')

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bump_fn posted:

lmfao no way i’m clicking ona video with that dude in the thumbnail nice try

i'm the same way about hearing recordings of my own voice. just remember: you look perfectly normal

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't understand what this is

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i've gotten used to my own voice on monitor headphones or whatever. when you talk on ham satellites you have to use two radios and do it full duplex style. it's a little disorienting because there's a couple ms of delay round trip, and you'd think it'd be imperceptible but its not

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

shoeberto posted:

I found out I really like Mighty Mighty Bosstones recently and I'm not ashamed to say it.

I was gonna say their latest is really good but that was 2018!!! they have one that just came out it looks like and I’ll have to play it later

the constant from their 2018 album is a really good song

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

i've gotten used to my own voice on monitor headphones or whatever. when you talk on ham satellites you have to use two radios and do it full duplex style. it's a little disorienting because there's a couple ms of delay round trip, and you'd think it'd be imperceptible but its not

i first experienced that when i toyed with an idea of my own podcast several years ago, having read that everyone apparently monitors their own voice. since i was a broke student back then, all my routing was virtual and on a lovely laptop, so there was nice latency and i would come back in to myself in such a delayed fashion that i felt like someone is constantly interrupting me lmao. all i did want to was fight myself, rather than try talking about things

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah there's a very clear cutoff where your brain just shuts down because you constantly stop talking to let this other person interrupt. only takes like 100ms or so

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

there was a fad on social media of people using that exact effect to make ‘funny’ videos with “speech jammer” apps

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

cjs: bout to send what might end up being a resume-generating email, wish me luck

(working with my supervisor to get the execs to understand that there are ways to get this project done that don't involve me pulling 12 hour days for the next eight weeks, but I know a few of the stakeholders don't like me so this is going to be fun)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im having dumb sleep-deprived ideas again
this time its "i wonder if there's a way to hack that ipod so that i can use it as an external DAC for my PC"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

US federal labor law does not require that your employer gives you any

fixed

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i didnt know ellie trashcakes liked spoons so much
Well that's just needlessly mean

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Ellie do you like big spoons or little spoons better?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Well that's just needlessly mean

oh poo poo that wasn’t the intent :ohdear:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I didn’t see the video about teeth or whatever and thought it was a gran that did spoon collecting

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

well poo poo now i want to create a user database and a login system for my site so i can do some neat poo poo with it
but i also want to do it securely even though its not even going to TOUCH sensitive info
where do i even start with that poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

a while ago i played an album of fart sounds over airplay to the soundbar to annoy my wife and today that sword swung back onto me. i was listening to a “recommended for you” playlist and suddenly a big wet fart played in between two of the songs

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

nevermind lol neocities is static sites only, no php allowed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

hbag posted:

nevermind lol neocities is static sites only, no php allowed

they’re doing you a favor op

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fart simpson posted:

they’re doing you a favor op

yeah but now i cant really do my cool ideas for my site
i mean i can but it'd have to rely on localstorage which means if they wipe their cookies or whatever all their poo poo's gone and they'll get pissed

e: unless i add some 'export to file' poo poo but then id have to encrypt it to stop them from just opening it in notepad and giving themselves 999999999 coins
which id have to do for the localstorage poo poo anyway since anyone can just hit f12 and see/change the values

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

a while ago i played an album of fart sounds over airplay to the soundbar to annoy my wife and today that sword swung back onto me. i was listening to a “recommended for you” playlist and suddenly a big wet fart played in between two of the songs

lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

hbag posted:

yeah but now i cant really do my cool ideas for my site
i mean i can but it'd have to rely on localstorage which means if they wipe their cookies or whatever all their poo poo's gone and they'll get pissed

e: unless i add some 'export to file' poo poo but then id have to encrypt it to stop them from just opening it in notepad and giving themselves 999999999 coins
which id have to do for the localstorage poo poo anyway since anyone can just hit f12 and see/change the values

use security through obscurity on this one op. nobody’s gonna try very hard to hack your game

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

you’re not going to get a proper lamp stack or whatever the web devs are into these days without shelling out a couple bucks a month or begging the sdf people for a handout or whatever

and if you roll your own login system you’re going to get popped by a vuln scanning botnet with a sql injection in minutes flat

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fart simpson posted:

use security through obscurity on this one op. nobody’s gonna try very hard to hack your game

they dont need to try hard they just need to press f12 and change a single number
i guess i could just make a shitload of unrelated numbers too in different localstorage values

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kazinsal posted:

you’re not going to get a proper lamp stack or whatever the web devs are into these days without shelling out a couple bucks a month or begging the sdf people for a handout or whatever

and if you roll your own login system you’re going to get popped by a vuln scanning botnet with a sql injection in minutes flat

not if they used stored procs! :gerty:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

i didnt know they made pre-built login systems but now that you mention it that makes sense

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i hate doubleposting!!!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

it's always weird to hear a travis tritt song when you least expect it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kenny Logins posted:

it's always weird to hear a travis tritt song when you least expect it

i don’t know who that is but i trust you that this is a comedic reference

opt
Oct 10, 2007

hbag posted:

i didnt know they made pre-built login systems but now that you mention it that makes sense

auth0 has a free tier and works with static sites

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

i don’t know who that is but i trust you that this is a comedic reference
racist republican shithead country singerman
https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1303007159576338432?s=21

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

opt posted:

auth0 has a free tier and works with static sites

wait, but... how does it work with static sites if my site's gotta display stuff depending on who's logged in

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
what you describe is not what would typically be referred to as a static site

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

DELETE CASCADE posted:

what you describe is not what would typically be referred to as a static site

that is exactly my point, yes
"works with static site" and "login system" seem like two entirely different concepts

opt
Oct 10, 2007

hbag posted:

wait, but... how does it work with static sites if my site's gotta display stuff depending on who's logged in

the user info gets encoded into a signed JWT so you can tell who the user is

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you just need more javascript, hbag. a lot more

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you use an edge side include for the dynamic content

isolate all the user specific poo poo in /user.html

then depending on your server platform (or CDN :smuggo:) in the static site you just put a tag or something that the server will read and inject the content from /user.html while sending whatever cookie header or w/e the parent document had

<esi:include src="/user.html" /> is all u need on fastly for example. nginx and apache have their own schemes for it but you get the idea

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

CPColin posted:

Ellie do you like big spoons or little spoons better?
I am a died in the wool little spoon

Mostly because most people I've ever been with had been taller than I

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I didn’t see the video about teeth or whatever and thought it was a gran that did spoon collecting
Well that's marginally better but you never tell a Sugarbaker Woman she looks old 😡

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

<esi:include src="/user.html" /> is all u need on fastly for example. nginx and apache have their own schemes for it but you get the idea
Serverless server-side includes?