Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Still laughing that like 2 days ago Roman Reigns was talking about how Punk wasn't actually very popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Easily my favorite ~15 minutes in wrestling ever, from pre-entrance to exit. Can't change my mind

OH, CAN'T I?

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1428975797256265728

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

sba posted:

The coolest thing to me was seeing the guy legit happy again. He had this beaten out of him to the point no one ever thought he’d be back…and to see him walk out and you can SEE the moment where he realizes how big this was and he just starts beaming.
Watch the joy, the absolute JOY in TK's eyes while Punk is talking in the media scrum and imagine if at any point in Vince's life he sat with an employee delighted to work for him and had an emotion like that on his face. Childlike wonder and glee.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Who cares, if Cody hadn't said that the bad faith bullshitters would just have found something else to latch onto.
Case in point is the ranking system where they've never explained the rules and people still flip out.

There's criticism to make of AEW but bad tweet hot takes ain't there and never will be.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Some five hours later I'm still buzzing. What a moment (and a pretty good show afterwards!)

When wrestling gets it right, there's nothing better in the entire world.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CM PUNK THEMED PROP BET! This one is not only for a CM Punk themed 24 hour probation for the losers, but a special edition FREE avatar for the winners! To make the wager, quote this post.

Does AEW Rampage beat AEW Dynamite in the rating? We will be using the Monday figure to score this.

Yes/No answers only. If it does exactly identical, then everyone who bet gets the free avatar. Both the avatar and the probation are CM Punk themed.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also cm punk on one day is gonna make aew their money back on his contract with tshirt sales alone

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did you apologize to dropsy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

did you apologize to dropsy.

hes dead to me for trying to troll

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Drakkel posted:

Someone sent me a link to some AEW hate twitters that are up in loving arms right now. A big mix of either "What the gently caress how DARE CM Punk choose some pissant loving outlaw mud show over THE BIG LEAGUES, he OWES them EVERYTHING!" and also "HMMM YET ANOTHER WWE LOSER? CODY PROMISED THEY'D BE DIFFERENT ITS TNA ALL OVER AGAIN HURR HURR"

Sometimes I wish Cody had kept his dumbass mouth shut because idiots on the internet will never, ever, EVER let the "sports based presentation" or "We're not gonna sign every WWE guy" poo poo go

Those weirdos aren't worth your energy beyond schadenfreude.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have absolutely no feel for the ratings, god bless those of you that do. :lol:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MJeff posted:

I have absolutely no feel for the ratings, god bless those of you that do. :lol:

According to the internet they're the most important thing on earth and if AEW's dips too low for even a second they vanish into thin air

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

STONE COLD 64 posted:

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CM PUNK THEMED PROP BET! This one is not only for a CM Punk themed 24 hour probation for the losers, but a special edition FREE avatar for the winners! To make the wager, quote this post.

Does AEW Rampage beat AEW Dynamite in the rating? We will be using the Monday figure to score this.

Yes/No answers only. If it does exactly identical, then everyone who bet gets the free avatar. Both the avatar and the probation are CM Punk themed.

Yes. Are we using the overall or the 18-35 number?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428930308951351302

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

STONE COLD 64 posted:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

For some reason, Punk vs. Penta is the dream match I most want out of this.

Did Punk and PAC ever tangle in WWE? Either way, a match in a non-WWE style between them would be amazing too.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Nah

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Definitely.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

sticklefifer posted:

Did Punk and PAC ever tangle in WWE? Either way, a match in a non-WWE style between them would be amazing too.

As far as I can tell they've never been in a match together ever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sticklefifer posted:

Nope, Neville got called up the night after WM31, well after Punk was gone, and although Punk dipped into NXT once or twice I don't think he ever wrestled there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Majinfoose posted:

Yes. Are we using the overall or the 18-35 number?

overall p2 number

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

gently caress it, I'll gamble my pristine rap sheet.

YES.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

Nope, Neville got called up the night after WM31, well after Punk was gone, and although Punk dipped into NXT once or twice I don't think he ever wrestled there.

punk teamed up with seth rollins to wrestle chris hero and cesaro in nxt

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Will Punk wrestle the guy with the knife?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Nea posted:

honestly, it's bonkers to me darby does that dive. it seems like a good way to break your neck if you gently caress it up. sometimes he bounces off someone like he's a loving pinball.

I am not entirely convinced Darby Allin has bones.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rewatching the show right now. Jesus that pop was SCSA/Rock levels. CM Punk throwing another hot one telling he actually quit Professional Wrestling in 2005 :suspense: and of course saying that you come wrestle, get paid, enjoy the craft... The rest of the show was fantastic, short but packed. I'm going to download from somewhere this show and keep it along with the Brodie tribute to remind that in 2020, a wrestling company reignited my passion for wrestling and show everyone that there are more kinds of workers than these over 6.1ft and 200lbs.

All Elite Wrestling!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

STONE COLD 64 posted:

No.

I’ll gladly eat that probation if I’m wrong. I get to meet Darby Allin tomorrow at a con. Going to ask him if anything exciting happened tonight.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cm punk style!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Oh hell yeah.

FinnDiesel
Feb 13, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yes

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Either we're all going to have some sweet avatars, or things are going to be eerily quiet for the next 24 hours.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Either we're all going to have some sweet avatars, or things are going to be eerily quiet for the next 24 hours.

win win baby!

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Gonz posted:

I don't think Tank Abbott is interested in returning to wrestling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gonz posted:

Knife Club leader and FTW Champion Ricky Starks?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If the knife pervert is the leader of Bullet Club, does that mean the leader of Knife Club Ricky Starks is a bullet pervert?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Knife Club leader and FTW Champion Ricky Starks?

Kidd Bandit!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

If the knife pervert is the leader of Bullet Club, does that mean the leader of Knife Club Ricky Starks is a bullet pervert?

When he says that he's the stroke daddy he means that he properly cleans his guns.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
pretty wild that even in that CM Punk promo, Darby got a chant.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MJeff posted:

For real though just close your eyes for a sec.

Now imagine pandemic wrestling without AEW.

Yeah, it's scary, right?

not to get too into it but uh, pandemic aew, especially dark, got me through it. it still helps

Shinjobi posted:

I'm seeing local organizations more than i ever had before, the talent is making it work, and AEW is out there showing that just goddamn wrestling can still bring in eyeballs.

one of the neat things about following dark talent on tooter is getting familiar with more indie stuff. it's cool!

Drakkel posted:

Did it just dawn on anyone that Summerslam is literally tomorrow? Does anyone care?

had sd on in the bg earlier, didnt care, dont care

rantmo posted:

Colt's absence tonight definitely felt odd, it's hard not to read too much into it, but I was really aware of it.

they're saving it

Cerebral Bore posted:

Imagine the what loving buyrate for All Out will be.

some people itf wont be buying all out :(

Coaaab posted:

*through gritted teeth* tk was right to not have hangman vs omega at all out

sayin

CombineThresher posted:

In the MMA documentary Fighting In the Age of Loneliness,

agreed

pro wrestling is the best

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk is back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

look in my eyes

what do you see

punk debuted on TNT