Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
my cat turned 19 last month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've had my cat for 7 years but he was an adult when I got him, idk how old he really is

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Our 13-year-old cat keeps getting sick and we don't know why. Ultrasound is schedule for tomorrow.

When my wife and I got all of our pets in our early 20s, we did not anticipate what life would be like with a house full of geriatric animals.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

shoeberto posted:

Our 13-year-old cat keeps getting sick and we don't know why. Ultrasound is schedule for tomorrow.

When my wife and I got all of our pets in our early 20s, we did not anticipate what life would be like with a house full of geriatric animals.

start thinking about what it's going to be like full of geriatric people

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my old saxophone tutors cat died at 29

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
wow

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PokeJoe posted:

I've had my cat for 7 years but he was an adult when I got him, idk how old he really is

yeah mine was a stray from the hard streets of shenzhen. don’t really know her actual birthday but the vet estimated late summer 2011

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

shoeberto posted:

i've never had a geriatric pet until now. we had three dogs growing up and they all died prematurely :\ also had the cat but she was rehomed after i moved out because my family was planning to move and didn't want to put her through that stress again - her first 500km move is what triggered a shitload of UTIs i mentioned earlier.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
my cat was born on bastille day 2002

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my cat is battle hardened

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

poodle jones is less than a year old and is fit and healthy, knock on wood. it's weird having a dog whose birthday i know. former poodle jones was listed at 5 at the pound, but the vet said 7 when we got him home. we moved a year later, newvet said 9. we moved again a year later, newvet said 11. so he was probably about 15 when he died. i still miss him

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my cat’s breath smells like cat food.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

my cat’s breath smells like cat food.

same

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that's so weird, mine does too!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

for whatever reason i really dont like noodles when theyre actually prepared but i will 100% just eat the uncooked block from the pack with the seasoning sprinkled in
maybe its the texture of wet noodles? idfk

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:wtc:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hbag posted:

for whatever reason i really dont like noodles when theyre actually prepared but i will 100% just eat the uncooked block from the pack with the seasoning sprinkled in

is this the missing link in the loud toast saga?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres a brand of korean noodles specifically designed for this. called 뿌셔뿌셔

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theres a brand of korean noodles specifically designed for this. called 뿌셔뿌셔

time to google that and get results exclusively in a language i cannot read

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
https://product.hstatic.net/1000343598/product/51up_da5pfl_35681168aa63478fbde64de2b2a46526_master.jpg

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think that was a thing when i was in like, middle school? i remember doing it and all of my cousins did too

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

man i just wanna eat food like a normal person why do i have to have giga autism

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cj/ls: 3 hours into post-vacation monday and i have a loving headache

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cat chat

he good

he's 12 years old!!! he's getting there! my baby :unsmith:

i do need to think about end of life care though.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

you need something like an RTL-SDR dongle (the RTL-SDR blog branded ones are the best) and an antenna and something like SDR# on windows or I guess Mono maybe but that's it really

jonny can explain the important bits of it like HF/VHF/UHF and AM/FM/SSB/DMR/etc and what all that means better than I can but my rec is to get a study guide for ham radio poo poo and just read it

i looked up SDR# and there are like 15 different things with the same name

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

I did this last night because I wanted something crunchy

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Pollyanna posted:

cat chat

he good

he's 12 years old!!! he's getting there! my baby :unsmith:

i do need to think about end of life care though.

fwiw we have 3 cats, all getting old, and only one of them has been having problems. She's been sickly forever though. Her sister, only a year younger, has had zero health issues. Other than butt gland problems, which aren't exactly fun, but hardly a crisis either.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hbag posted:

I used to break up the ramen square of noodles and eat them like chips. It is super-unhealthy to eat them this way.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I did this last night because I wanted something crunchy

the trick is to break it up into little bits and then shake them up in a bag with the flavour packet
tastes good as gently caress

got a pack of southern fried supernoodles on my desk for later tonight

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Video Nasty posted:

I used to break up the ramen square of noodles and eat them like chips. It is super-unhealthy to eat them this way.

lol rip me then

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

the trick is to break it up into little bits and then shake them up in a bag with the flavour packet
tastes good as gently caress

got a pack of southern fried supernoodles on my desk for later tonight

I know dude everyone does this lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

eating an uncooked block of noodles and then downing 300ml of boiling water to offset it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

eating an uncooked block of noodles and then downing 300ml of boiling water to offset it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHQXBAjkmOQ

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fuckin lmao
gently caress the advertising worked now i want to try those noodles

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
yeah lots of people eat noodles like that

Video Nasty posted:

It is super-unhealthy to eat them this way.

why?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah lots of people eat noodles like that

why?

i assume because theyre dehydrated and will therefore absorb all the water in your body turning you into a raisin

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
shin ramyeon in exchange for having the chewiest and best nood quality for the extremely available and accessible noods is the worst nood to do this on

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i never liked the dry ramen brick noodles. in highschool I worked at a diner that would smash a brick up and then toast it in the oven before sprinkling it on salads as a topping

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i sleep in a big bed with my cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bump_fn posted:

i sleep in a big bed with my cats

wow check out rum tug tugger over here.