Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

From a nearby place on iFood called Gringo Burger (lol), behold the Banana Solar Eclipse and the Red Strawberry Moon:

It's also the only place I've ever seen in Brazil that serves fried chicken coated in sauce. They even give you rubber gloves with the order!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ah yes, a delicious [sandwich filling redacted] sandwich.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
soooo... do these places stay in business, or fail? I can't understand how they make money

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lascivious Sloth posted:

soooo... do these places stay in business, or fail? I can't understand how they make money

these are normal burgers... to Brazilians. and we salute them for it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
South America in general is a wild rear end place for burgers just the bleeding edge of what can be considered a burger

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What kind of Brazil burgs you think Bolsonaro goes for when he gets his chow on?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

bagual posted:

u know it in ur heart

powdered milk actually, goes great with the nutella and the dash of condensed milk

Fine ill do it, but im not going to be proud of it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What kind of Brazil burgs you think Bolsonaro goes for when he gets his chow on?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joInwYlVu2w

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

why is it so devoid of color?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

whatever it is, it's probably seasoned with the tears of his countrymen. foda-se bosolixo :argh:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, why don't we see crazy Brazilian burger stands at all the state fairs. People would go nuts for that stuff. Follow it up with a deep fried stick of butter for desert.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Burgs for those who are intermittent fasting

Loose weight with eating just one hambúrguer per day

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't get the appeal of gigantically tall burgers. How do you even eat that? You can smash some down a bit but some of them are just completely unwieldy. I know it's a gimmick but drat. I'm not going to disassemble my burger in order to eat it. And as I get older I don't like these gigantic portion sizes but a lot of new hipster places in the last 10 years give somewhat more reasonable portion sizes, but I guess the prices haven't changed much. So less food but higher quality.

I don't mind taking home leftovers but it's just ridiculous.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I'm not a fan of the current trend of hipster burgers. You know the ones that they give you on like a wooden tray, have a pick thru the center, and usually accompanied by garlic shoestring fries. Also they're twice as expensive. Give me a good ol' fashioned greasy spoon burger with crinkle cut fries served to me on a brown paper sack or styrofoam container any day.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is it really a burger though if it doesn't at least have maple bourbon onion jam, tomato confit, duck bacon, or housemate bread and butter rutabaga pickles?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*clenching my fists, and under my breath with a softly rolled 'R' and a 'th' instead of 'z'*
...Brazil!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't get the appeal of gigantically tall burgers. How do you even eat that? You can smash some down a bit but some of them are just completely unwieldy. I know it's a gimmick but drat. I'm not going to disassemble my burger in order to eat it. And as I get older I don't like these gigantic portion sizes but a lot of new hipster places in the last 10 years give somewhat more reasonable portion sizes, but I guess the prices haven't changed much. So less food but higher quality.

I don't mind taking home leftovers but it's just ridiculous.

I'm 100% on board with this.
In fact, when I get even a pretty 'regular' sized burg, or hell, even make my own, I tend to 'smush' it down with my hand first prior to eating I don't mean like, 'grind it into paste on the plate' or anything, just sorta squeeze it all together better. I feel like it means I can get whatever toppings it has +buns, etc all in one clean bite rather than try and unhinge my jaws like a snake or something, or just get a bite of one thing or the other. My wife things it's weird but whatever ITS MY BURGER LEAVE ME BE

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Stink Terios posted:

From a nearby place on iFood called Gringo Burger (lol), behold the Banana Solar Eclipse and the Red Strawberry Moon:

Thought that was scrapple for a second and got excited.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

I'm 100% on board with this.
In fact, when I get even a pretty 'regular' sized burg, or hell, even make my own, I tend to 'smush' it down with my hand first prior to eating I don't mean like, 'grind it into paste on the plate' or anything, just sorta squeeze it all together better. I feel like it means I can get whatever toppings it has +buns, etc all in one clean bite rather than try and unhinge my jaws like a snake or something, or just get a bite of one thing or the other. My wife things it's weird but whatever ITS MY BURGER LEAVE ME BE

I honestly think Wisconsin can probably rival Brazil on weird burgs

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Smugworth posted:

Is it really a burger though if it doesn't at least have maple bourbon onion jam, tomato confit, duck bacon, or housemate bread and butter rutabaga pickles?

Love toppings that are themselves comprised of so many disparate ingredients I can't even discern what I'm tasting

pro starcraft loser posted:

Thought that was scrapple for a second and got excited.

It's "scrapie"

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Love toppings that are themselves comprised of so many disparate ingredients I can't even discern what I'm tasting

i had the pig balls thread open in another tab and i thought this was that tread for a moment. pig ball toppings... what a thing.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

knuthgrush posted:

i had the pig balls thread open in another tab and i thought this was that tread for a moment. pig ball toppings... what a thing.

Nah, nothing can mask the robust iron rich flavor of pig ball :yum:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Derpies posted:

I honestly think Wisconsin can probably rival Brazil on weird burgs

outside of weird gimmick places you're getting burg, buns, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle slices. It's pretty standard really. It's not like you walk to your corner bar and the main option is "Would you like a deep fried cheese curd bun cheese burger bacon burger dipped in butter and slathered in ranch??" Like that doesn't actually happen unless you're going to some gimmick place.

I am sorry to break the spell.

They probably have like, a double-cheeseburger on the menu and it's pretty big though so WHOAH WOW.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 23, 2021

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Big Beef City posted:

the main option is "Would you like a deep fried cheese curd bun cheese burger bacon burger dipped in peanut butter and slathered in ranch??"

ftfy. you must be new to the whole burg train, yeah?

PS - corn.

EDIT: while we're on the topic, thinking of hot peanut butter just makes my stomach churn... i don't know why i think it'd be any different than room temp pb.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

knuthgrush posted:

PS - corn.

EDIT: while we're on the topic, thinking of hot peanut butter just makes my stomach churn... i don't know why i think it'd be any different than room temp pb.

I get it, it seems like heating up peanut butter would make all the oil loosen from the emulsion and turn it into a sludgy mess.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Maybe a Thai peanut sauce would be better.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

ugh way too much mustard

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

knuthgrush posted:

PS - corn.

It's tastes great but it's way too much. Maybe three bites in you hit a wall and it's hard to keep eating one. It's better when the place makes a spicy peanut sauce instead. Peanut butter and beef work well together, though.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

the peanut sauce comment makes more sense. i do like peanut sauce on noodles and such. maybe it'd work out yeah.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

err YIKES

the buns aren't toasted, thats a tragedy

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
:newlol:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
chinese peanut butter chicken is amazing, i thought it would be gross af but if I go into somewhere that has it ill eat that all day long

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
It's a weird combo of savory and savory that just ends up fantastic. Peanut butter goes with so many weird sounding combos

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

i do like peanut butter and hamburger dill pickle chips on pumpernickel bread. i guess all i need is a patty to make that a burg but i don't heat it up.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

outside of weird gimmick places you're getting burg, buns, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle slices. It's pretty standard really. It's not like you walk to your corner bar and the main option is "Would you like a deep fried cheese curd bun cheese burger bacon burger dipped in butter and slathered in ranch??" Like that doesn't actually happen unless you're going to some gimmick place.

I am sorry to break the spell.

They probably have like, a double-cheeseburger on the menu and it's pretty big though so WHOAH WOW.

My dreams are broken but my idyllic views on the depravity of the Midwest remain

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0p3aFQk1kY

Yes it is technically off-topic but I am very confused and have nowhere else to turn for answers

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Devils Affricate posted:

Yes it is technically off-topic but I am very confused and have nowhere else to turn for answers

-Yeah, can I get a crepe that looks like Strawberry Shartcake diarreahed on the griddle?
- What texture would you like the crepe to be?
- Linoleum, please.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Devils Affricate posted:

I would eat that if I weren't diabetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wizchine posted:

I would eat that if I weren't diabetic.

That's why you're diabetic