Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Songbearer posted:

They should make him do the picture frame hand gesture when he's doing the heartbeat scanner

https://i.imgur.com/85ciGY7.mp4
:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Still lovely playing vs Seer nerf did nothing

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

Yeah and Seer is super strong, let's continue talking about how strong he is for another ten or so pages

I mean his passive ability is literally a hack in every other shooter.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

I've got a buddy who plays on steam, I'm on xbox and even though I've added him as an EA FRIEND I can't ever seem him online. Is there some other trickery have to do here (besides mailing him an xbox to play on)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Ain't no "see ya suckers" feeling like escaping a third party on a balloon while dumping grenades on the two teams left as Fuse

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Rodney The Yam II posted:

I want the next season to release with a complete anti-legend, just literally some regular person. Ultimate swag character.

Crypto has been in the game for quite some time though...

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
So actual nerf thoughts:

It still doesn't change the wallhacks enough for me to stop abusing it constantly mid fight. It certainly stops me from using it to see people like 300m away.

I now don't ping people at the start of fights just because "i can". I now hold it and wait for someone to bat or try to rez. He still invalidates healing in fights past cells if you're close, at all, which is really dumb.

I do like how i can't snipe as far with it/it doesn't just activate before you can get out of it. Now it seems a ton better to fight against.

Verdict: Still broken but at least the final ring in ranked isn't 7+ seers endlessly Qing eachother

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Maneki Neko posted:

I've got a buddy who plays on steam, I'm on xbox and even though I've added him as an EA FRIEND I can't ever seem him online. Is there some other trickery have to do here (besides mailing him an xbox to play on)

Create a club and use the team tool in there.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Mods?!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

New batch of recolors out. Since I’ve got Officer Williams that brings my “free” recolors total from this quasi-event up to 4. Would have been 5 if I hadn’t already gotten Airship Assassin the first time they brought it back.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I got my bright orange caustic with a handy blue mask to line up headshots so I'm pretty satisfied with the event

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How is it possible for one person to of unlocked so many of the wrong version of the recolors so that I can't get any of these.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

mcbexx posted:

My lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9WnqAIq2QM

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

mcbexx posted:

lmao

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

mcbexx posted:

Bro no way, I love his dialogues with Caustic

Caustic: I will loving murder you slowly for trying to manipulate me

Crypto: Hmph...whatever...:effort:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

had a fun round just now, enemy lifeline kept bringing their gibby and valk back (must have had close to a dozen revives).

eventually in SD they took terrible positions, i knocked two of them at range with the charge rifle and even with more revives they just couldn't get out of the ring before it ate them

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Vengarr posted:

Bro no way, I love his dialogues with Caustic

Caustic: I will loving murder you slowly for trying to manipulate me

Crypto: Hmph...whatever...:effort:

Crypto: Wattson sure wouldn't like that.

Caustic: *incoherent sputtering being masked by his gas leaking and coughing fits*

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

life_source posted:

Crypto: Wattson sure wouldn't like that.

Caustic: *incoherent sputtering being masked by his gas leaking and coughing fits*

Crypto: Shut up or I'll tell our mother.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Crypto: Hey Wattson, did you know that Caustic's star sign comes after mine? I've got Gemini. Caustic, what do you have?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Trying to solo to diamond has really made me appreciate the patience of some of the high level streamers. People are loving oblivous, it took me 3 hours to get from the start of plat 1 to just under diamond 4.

I'll hit it tonight, but I feel like most of these people ratted to get here. The vast majority of my teammates do <200 damage a game, even in games where we get to the end. I'll start fighting and they'll go run off to a corner. I'll call that we're getting pinched and they'll ignore me, then complain when they get shot in the back. They'll hotdrop us, but late. It's absolutely infuriating.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Part of a thread about developing the ping system:
https://twitter.com/raymecvinson/status/1430249507871105026

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

dogstile posted:

Trying to solo to diamond has really made me appreciate the patience of some of the high level streamers. People are loving oblivous, it took me 3 hours to get from the start of plat 1 to just under diamond 4.

I'll hit it tonight, but I feel like most of these people ratted to get here. The vast majority of my teammates do <200 damage a game, even in games where we get to the end. I'll start fighting and they'll go run off to a corner. I'll call that we're getting pinched and they'll ignore me, then complain when they get shot in the back. They'll hotdrop us, but late. It's absolutely infuriating.

Why are you doing this to yourself? I thought you swore off playing solo?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Just did a quick q with randos who decided to hot drop in the middle of like 6 other teams and immediately died and DC'd.

I enjoyed being a ninja rat for a while afterward, but I really have to wonder what they thought was going to happen.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hackan Slash posted:

Why are you doing this to yourself? I thought you swore off playing solo?

Self challenge, I guess.

It has made me laugh a ton when I see streamers say to rando's "This is why you're stuck in d4" though, because in addition to having no life outside of apex they absolutely always have a stack that gives you advantages in ways that you can't make up for being a random, unless you're a machine that only hits headshots I guess.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

dogstile posted:

Self challenge, I guess.

It has made me laugh a ton when I see streamers say to rando's "This is why you're stuck in d4" though, because in addition to having no life outside of apex they absolutely always have a stack that gives you advantages in ways that you can't make up for being a random, unless you're a machine that only hits headshots I guess.

Yeah, the "this is why you're hard stuck D4" thing is stupid because it immediately assumes that everyone has 6+ hours a day to play a video game like they do. I don't think it occurs to them that a lot of people, regardless of how much they like the game, wouldn't play that much even if they could get away with it.

runchild
May 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1430575958701056003

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Did they remove a gun from Arenas? the Volt used to be the bottommost gun (row 4, column 1) on the 1st tab, now it's on row 3, column 3.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Did they remove a gun from Arenas? the Volt used to be the bottommost gun (row 4, column 1) on the 1st tab, now it's on row 3, column 3.

Prowler's temporarily disabled

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1429978392452083724

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I definitely don't pay anywhere near as much attention to the lore as I did when I was first playing but I'm down for more Seer stuff because I could listen to him for hours.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah I’m nearing diamond for the first time solo queuing as well. This game, maybe more than any other I’ve played, rewards time invested over skill so much because rolling the dice on team mates costs you so much and you need to average 1 good game out of 3-4 to keep going past Plat, and as mentioned, that’s a tough ask. The matchmaking is also way too loose to get well matched lobbies. The per match gains should have a higher ceiling so the smurfs move up faster and performing well offsets bad games at a better ratio. Maybe up the KP limit.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 25, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Daztek posted:

Prowler's temporarily disabled

Lol no wonder I couldn't figure out which gun was missing.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Banga soup is fuckin' banging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbD-Z8Yq03c

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have a super cool issue where my ADS isn't holding. I have hold to ADS on and when i start shooting it goes in and out of ADS and I can't shoot anything

e: other games with hold ADS are unaffected

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 26, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

servers are absolutely making GBS threads the bed this week huh

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

just had a server poo poo the bed in a new and unique way, half way through the game my whole squad (presumably the whole server) heard the legend pick music during the middle of the match, and from that point all the game sounds where filtered to the point they were barely audible, then it eventually cleared up, and repeated with the legend pick music then weird filter

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Mine lagged out while I was strafing right and for the rest of the game if I didn’t hold A my character would continue strafing to the right.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
So I hit diamond on the first game I played tonight, figured i'd take me a little longer. Fights are here. Guy i'm talking to in the background doesn't know apex at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNteofutf60

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
for the past week my first match always ends with me being dropped off the map because I can pick my char, and then the sounds of the usual game start while the screen is frozen on launch, and then BOOM, dead.

Usually by round three I can play at least half a game without it making GBS threads itself or not letting me move.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

dogstile posted:

Yeah I'm like halfway thru plat III (haven't had a ton of time to grind it this season) and it's just amazing the kind of teammates you get. A little kid pathfinder who did zero damage for an entire game where we got to the 2nd last circle and fifth(?) place. I think one I had a Valk teammate and a Gibby(?) and instead of Valk ulting they just stand in the open (in that open area between lava and Countdown) getting beamed and die while trying to fight an impossible uphill battle, I somehow won by ratting the next two circles and just getting four kills, a couple on down guys, in the final circle because nobody knew I was ratting in the bottom behind a box. One game I got a duo who killed some people in the youtube building and I pinged a jump pad (as in like, "hey let's gtfo of here...") and they got mad at me for leaving because they insisted on sticking around and dying to a third party (literally no reason to stay in that area when you have KP lol). They then proceed to talk trash via the type to voice thing acting like it's my bad for leaving them. Those guys at least sorta knew how to fight but were absolutely braindead. One of the most infuriating was these two morons who when we landed at Launch site, proceeded to go opposite directions and one decides to poke people at tree while the other pokes a team at Dome which got us pinched by both teams. At which point their master plan was to cower in a building and not fight either team as I do like 175 damage to a guy on the one team. Also had a game where I won the fight off drop basically 1v3ing the team as our Valk instantly goes down and later they get into a fight (those small buildings near the choke between sorting and fragment above Geyser) and instead of just going up the hill where I pinged and gatekeeping for easy kills (or just rotating) the Valk just instantly goes down again, Gibby knocks one, and I die trying to 1v2 (which quickly becomes 3). I then look and see that the Valk did a combined 90 damage for the entire game.

And what you said about late hot dropping is true, you can maybe get away with landing in an area with 2 teams if you land far enough away (like in Skyhook or something) and figure out a way to make sure the other two teams fight each other. But a lot of these guys are dumb and just land between both and try and fight the first team they see (and go down instantly of course).

Also the number of Seers I've had on my team that do less than 200 damage over an entire game where we get to the final ring or 2nd last ring is always hilarious. You'd have to be especially trash to pull that off.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Sure would be great to drop with either a full team or any non afk player. Thatd be nice yup.