Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

they topped it with a swirl of cream, sesame oil, and roasted pumpkin seeds. it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sesame oil is so good but i scream whenever anybody puts it into a hot pan

it's not that kind of oil !!!!!!! finisher !!!!! auuuugh !!!!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

zucchini bread was easily one of my favorite treats growing up

devour an entire loaf in one sitting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i will do embarrassing things if you put a loaf of basically any quick bread in arm's reach

i have made probably a couple thousand loaves of it. it was our go-to dessert side at the cafe and i made so many variations. cranberry ginger, zucchini tarragon, etc

--

i loved that job so much even though i ended up quitting b/c i asked for a raise from 5.65 to 6 bucks after 18 months. i learned so much about cooking there.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
give me a six foot line, a decent flat top and two ovens and i will loving feed an army with food you'll blow up yelp with

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

feed an army you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI_-0AlEeMU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
god can we please bring that accent back already

we got close with marianne

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bob dobbs is dead posted:

doesnt prevent you from lining up next job early

in the wfh era you can just get a new job immediately and have two paychecks for a couple months

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i kinda want to have no job for a while but also I like money. hmmm 🤔

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

i have made probably a couple thousand loaves of it. it was our go-to dessert side at the cafe and i made so many variations. cranberry ginger, zucchini tarragon, etc

ooo

Jonny 290 posted:

god can we please bring that accent back already

i have bad news on the origin of this accent

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

PokeJoe posted:

i kinda want to have no job for a while but also I like money. hmmm 🤔

this is the whole point of the figs in the first place

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

ooo

oh i mean i know where mid-atlantic comes from. i'm curious on where we can take it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: subway has been around for 56 years? drat

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

cranberry ginger

o fuk :yum:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

prefect posted:

cls: subway has been around for 56 years? drat

when’s it scheduled to catch up with you?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

fart simpson posted:

when’s it scheduled to catch up with you?

i think we're both aging at the same speed. (the speed of time)

hey, does anybody know if the nintendo switch with the oled screen is way better than the normal version? thinking about buying one

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
prefect on the mbta

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prefect posted:

i think we're both aging at the same speed. (the speed of time)

hey, does anybody know if the nintendo switch with the oled screen is way better than the normal version? thinking about buying one

no it is not, literally the only meaningful improvement is the oled screen

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cinci zoo sniper posted:

are oled screens not better than normal screens? (i honestly have no idea what they are)

i'm working with the "more adjectives means better than" understanding of products :corsair:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i was thinking about getting it for ring fit so i can fight bosses while i work out. since apparently, i am not going to a gym again in the foreseeable future

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

prefect posted:

are oled screens not better than normal screens? (i honestly have no idea what they are)

i'm working with the "more adjectives means better than" understanding of products :corsair:

truer blacks or something

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

truer blacks or something

i'm thinking it's one of those things that only make a difference if you have sharp, young eyeballs

also, it looks like you can only get a grey switch with non-oled. oled has white instead

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/stem_feed/status/1432401980316606468

we found the sex arses

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

would

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

In that Crosby Stills Nash & Young song "The Southern Cross" you can replace the phrase "the southern cross" with "your father's balls"

"When you see your father's balls for the first time"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prefect posted:

oled screens are generally an improvement, in particular for devices that you use for different kinds of content so something like cnn logo or health bar doesn’t burn into it over 10 years of screen time. i replied in the context of significant public expectation that the oled switch would have had a stronger gpu, which it did not

dioxazine posted:

i was thinking about getting it for ring fit so i can fight bosses while i work out. since apparently, i am not going to a gym again in the foreseeable future

ring fit is great, i really like it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gonna need a really big bonk for this one

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

We tried growing chard once but it tasted exactly like fish tank water.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oled screens are generally an improvement, in particular for devices that you use for different kinds of content so something like cnn logo or health bar doesn’t burn into it over 10 years of screen time. i replied in the context of significant public expectation that the oled switch would have had a stronger gpu, which it did not

yeah, i don't think anyone should *upgrade*, it is not that big a deal. still, if you're looking to buy a switch anyway and foresee using it handheld a fair bit then the oled version is a notable improvement. not so much the screen technology, but the modest .8" bump in screen size (shrinking bezels) actually makes a pretty big difference in person.

e: oh, and never checked that out, but apparently the kickstand is like a real thing on the oled.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah that’s what i meant to convey - it’s the switch to buy as your first purchase, but upgrading from an existing switch would not be worth it for an average person

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

gonna need a really big bonk for this one

"we're gonna need a bigger bonk" was right there, man

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PIZZA.BAT posted:

"we're gonna need a bigger bonk" was right there, man

is that some popular culture reference

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

oled is basically the best there is now because the blacks are actually black since they can turn the pixel right off. with led or lcd, while pretty close theres still light behind it

this video shows it off pretty drat well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BJU2drrtCM

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

graph posted:

is it england?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

is it england?

new england’s boarding schools for american aristocracy. the idea behind mid-atlantic was to combine received pronunciation with the best parts of american english

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah, i don't think anyone should *upgrade*, it is not that big a deal. still, if you're looking to buy a switch anyway and foresee using it handheld a fair bit then the oled version is a notable improvement. not so much the screen technology, but the modest .8" bump in screen size (shrinking bezels) actually makes a pretty big difference in person.

e: oh, and never checked that out, but apparently the kickstand is like a real thing on the oled.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah that’s what i meant to convey - it’s the switch to buy as your first purchase, but upgrading from an existing switch would not be worth it for an average person

:tipshat:

okay, time to start buying stuff.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is that some popular culture reference

No because the original line starts with "you're", not "we're" :colbert:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

new england’s boarding schools for american aristocracy. the idea behind mid-atlantic was to combine received pronunciation with the best parts of american english

i would like to know more

i know post-wwii america was pretty crazy where we were basically reinventing *everything* such as the game of football but i had no idea we were deliberately creating loving accents as well

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oh

today i learned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i would like to know more

i know post-wwii america was pretty crazy where we were basically reinventing *everything* such as the game of football but i had no idea we were deliberately creating loving accents as well

If you haven't read it yet read the book Suburban Nation, it's basically about how all the technocrats came home from WW2 and started remaking the built American landscape using principles they learned from the war.