Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
to be fair, i dont understand most of what they're saying, but the bits i do understand are very funny so it evens out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Evil bucket for sale (don't use it to store liquids in):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klm17jMPacc

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm so excited for season 3

Colin was my favorite part of the trailer (colin's usually my favorite part anyway)

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Alhazred posted:

Evil mop not included!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Been really enjoying Wellington Paranormal so far on HBO Max. I think Sgt. Maaka has been the breakout for me, especially his scenes in episodes 4 and 5 going back over his train of thought in realizing about the werewolves, and the plastic bag.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Only tangentially related but another FX comedy co-produced and co-created by Taika coming out todayish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POkrsNVkGNk

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Only tangentially related but another FX comedy co-produced and co-created by Taika coming out todayish.

Oh hey, that's the guy who played Hanzee on Fargo as the police officer.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Reservation Dogs is really good, highly recommend. Also watch it uncensored if possible there is a lot of swearing and its very funny.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Season 3 episode titles:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Number 9 has me nervous already

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Huh whatshisname is gonna get typecast as a reservation police officer

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:siren:Season 4 renewal.:siren:

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Alhazred posted:

Sex Rock!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUbn3KMWj4

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh Hell yeah, let the good times roll

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh hell yes this looks fantastic.... plus season 4 already confirmed :woop:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is sam coming back

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Rewatched "Paranormal" s1. Totally forgot about the donut heist: "It had my name, Maaka, written on it, in marker!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is sam coming back

If he's not we riot.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Chris Knight posted:

Rewatched "Paranormal" s1. Totally forgot about the donut heist: "It had my name, Maaka, written on it, in marker!"

easily the tensest police briefing that whole season

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight posted:

The zombie cops episode was really good overall. That particular episode seemed to have a big jump in quality in cinematography and writing compared to earlier episodes.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

The zombie cops episode was really good overall. That particular episode seemed to have a big jump in quality in cinematography and writing compared to earlier episodes.

I was about to ask- seen the first three or four episodes of Wellington Paranormal and haven't found it funny enough to laugh at yet even once, which is too bad considering how much I like everyone involved with it. Is it worth hanging in there for the rest of the season, or are they pretty much doing what they're going to do?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

If you don't find it funny then don't waste your time.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

I was about to ask- seen the first three or four episodes of Wellington Paranormal and haven't found it funny enough to laugh at yet even once, which is too bad considering how much I like everyone involved with it. Is it worth hanging in there for the rest of the season, or are they pretty much doing what they're going to do?

If you didn't like the episodes you seen so far, I doubt that this particular ep will change your mind.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

By design, all of the episodes have pretty much the same humour and structure so yeah, if you don't like it by now, don't bother.

For my money, the Disco Ghosts episode is the best one.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cross-Section posted:

easily the tensest police briefing that whole season

She's 92! She hasn't got a lot of jam donuts left in her!

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

If you didn't like the episodes you seen so far, I doubt that this particular ep will change your mind.

Got it, thanks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

By design, all of the episodes have pretty much the same humour and structure so yeah, if you don't like it by now, don't bother.

For my money, the Disco Ghosts episode is the best one.

The resolution of that episode is amazing, although I think my favorite ending is the Taniwha episode where it's just two giant monsters loving in the harbor while the cops stand awkwardly around wondering how long they're gonna be going at it :allears:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wellington is now on HBO Max

Holy poo poo I love this show

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
finally getting around to watching wellington paranormal. they get called out to kurimarama street in episode 4, which translates to 'moon dog' :shobon:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Surprised this isn't posted yet.

Shadows is getting a weekly after-episode show! With Guillen as the host!

https://gizmodo.com/what-we-do-in-the-shadows-is-getting-a-weekly-aftershow-1847593847

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

So goddamn excited. Full trailer-

https://youtu.be/-bl2gDoDRbI

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

the escape goat posted:

So goddamn excited. Full trailer-

https://youtu.be/-bl2gDoDRbI

"John was my horse" :3:
Nandor's attachment to John gets me every time.

and the "After the Shadows" show already has a url on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1zqC2UA5Ko

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

boo_radley posted:

"John was my horse" :3:
Nandor's attachment to John gets me every time.

I'm paraphrasing from something I saw on reddit ages ago, but since ghost-Nandor is actually just speaking modern-day Farsi, somebody said that John's original name (when ghost-Nandor is saying "Jahan" or whatever) actually means something like "my dearest," "my universe," etc. So John's name was actually deeply meaningful, and Nandor remembered the name but somehow forgot its meaning, and it just turned into "John." It's a tiny little detail that I guess only Persians would pick up on, but it's cool

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

404notfound posted:

I'm paraphrasing from something I saw on reddit ages ago, but since ghost-Nandor is actually just speaking modern-day Farsi, somebody said that John's original name (when ghost-Nandor is saying "Jahan" or whatever) actually means something like "my dearest," "my universe," etc. So John's name was actually deeply meaningful, and Nandor remembered the name but somehow forgot its meaning, and it just turned into "John." It's a tiny little detail that I guess only Persians would pick up on, but it's cool

"Jaan" is "life" in Hindi and Urdu, and it's used as a term of endearment. Indo-European languages say hi, I guess.

My wife calls me "jaan" :kimchi:

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Between this and the phenomenal Reservation Dogs it just goes on to prove that this is Taika Waititi's world and we are just living in it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Between this and the phenomenal Reservation Dogs it just goes on to prove that this is Taika Waititi's world and we are just living in it.

Waititi doesn't seem too involved in Reservation Dogs (which makes sense, given how busy the guy is and the lack of connection he'd have to the material). I get the feeling he just helped usher it to the screen.

Plus doesn't he have an Apple show (Time Bandits!!) and an HBO pirate show coming out?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

404notfound posted:

Pham Nuwen posted:

"Jaan" is "life" in Hindi and Urdu, and it's used as a term of endearment. Indo-European languages say hi, I guess.

Oh my gosh that is adorable, this show really makes its blood sucking monster endearing.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Shah Jahan is the king who built the Taj Mahal, it could also be a reference to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at Gizmo just leaving the cell.