Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Somberbrero posted:

Just to speed things up I'm vt. I'm sick and won't be checking the thread much if at all. Killing me would be a kindness.

Hey, get better!

I just travelled halfway across the country (Spain, not USA so not so much of a great distance but still) to meet a friend and her six month baby, only to learn her husband tested positive two days ago, he isolated, but her baby started showing symptoms just one hour before we were supposed to meet, so now I am doing nothing because I can't help at all and she's stressed to death. gently caress. Plague times suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Shellception posted:

Hey, get better!

I just travelled halfway across the country (Spain, not USA so not so much of a great distance but still) to meet a friend and her six month baby, only to learn her husband tested positive two days ago, he isolated, but her baby started showing symptoms just one hour before we were supposed to meet, so now I am doing nothing because I can't help at all and she's stressed to death. gently caress. Plague times suck.

gently caress, that's scary. Hope they all heal quickly, and you stay safe as well. These times do suck.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I assume pmom is vt and doesn’t really care to keep up with the game. Taste also tends to check out when he rolls vt. I believe sombers claim, although he wasn’t really pinging me anyway.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'd really like some clarification on why I'm the top of your list.

I explained why I didn't like your case. I'm not even voting you, you're not top of my list. Taking that list of names as if I meant it to mean: "These people are scum in order." was pretty self serving. Nice OMGUS, though. You're acting pretty defensively for someone with 0 votes on them, making 7 posts explaining yourself isn't a good look imo.

It seems bad faithy and I'm happy with my read of you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##unvote

##vote lotus

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

We're 14 hours in from last time I checked in, no lotus is damning rather than just a coincidence. There's no reason why we shouldn't let the day end at this point with 3+ irl days behind us.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

merk posted:

The only thing I remember taste doing this game is responding to my wonderwall joke.

taste is in this game???

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm fine voting Lotus on "hasn't showed up in days after getting some heat" grounds. Don't really see the other stuff that's been posted about them, but also don't want to no-lunch.

Still think Ixt is the better vote but I don't want to vote for toal, pmom, binus, or even somber tbh after the VT claim.

Not gonna vote Lotus now because doing so would put them at -1 and I'll be around tonight but just consider me on board with that one.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

George Kansas posted:

taste is in this game???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pls6OyJpCWg

You know what you need to do...

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

it would only be appropriate to ecco gambit in an ecco game

taste is dead weight let's cut 'em!!!!!!

##unvote ##vote taste

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

I explained why I didn't like your case. I'm not even voting you, you're not top of my list. Taking that list of names as if I meant it to mean: "These people are scum in order." was pretty self serving. Nice OMGUS, though. You're acting pretty defensively for someone with 0 votes on them, making 7 posts explaining yourself isn't a good look imo.

It seems bad faithy and I'm happy with my read of you.

I mean, I'm questioning you because I think it's bogus suspicion lol, I'm not concerned about anything. Me pointing out the explanation is because I felt you had a bad faith opinion on me.

Anyhow, I grow weary of this jig, for now.

But I too feel good about my read of you.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
In that you are scum... come at me

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I do think Toal could be scum here but I think that's largely based on meta right now, town Toal fucks around a lot more than they have here... I'm not used to seeing real reads from them but I haven't played with Toal as scum either so grain of salt and all that. Also they have been dealt a poo poo hand lately by getting killed early, I don't want to continue the streak.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Maerlyn posted:

I do think Toal could be scum here but I think that's largely based on meta right now, town Toal fucks around a lot more than they have here... I'm not used to seeing real reads from them but I haven't played with Toal as scum either so grain of salt and all that. Also they have been dealt a poo poo hand lately by getting killed early, I don't want to continue the streak.

That is true. I'd be willing to give them a day 1 pass solely because town or scum, they've been getting obliterated in the first 36 hours of the last like 3 games lol.

I'll re-read the lotus arguments.

##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm OK with a Lotus vote but won't drop it just yet, will give Lotus some time to do or say anything. I do not love how much taste and PMom have been totally absent, and I think it's weird PMom is getting away with exactly what Lotus is being accused of.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Does everyone really think merk is town???

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well somber has deflated me now...

I would vote Lotus if they aren't gonna come back at all I guess but I have this uneasy feeling we are being goaded into it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

gay for gacha posted:

merk is still in the nebulous zone right now for me. I haven't agreed with a lot of what he has said but he doesn't seem to be pushing stuff in a scummy way and he's been willing to have dialogues with people so far which I like

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I'm OK with a Lotus vote but won't drop it just yet, will give Lotus some time to do or say anything. I do not love how much taste and PMom have been totally absent, and I think it's weird PMom is getting away with exactly what Lotus is being accused of.

Well do something about it!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

gay for gacha posted:

p mom merk and toal are stronger scum reads for me. Merk over pmom for what they put down, but like I said, the immediate voting with merk on a bad policy vote is what seems scummier than the policy vote itself.

That whole debacle aside, merk's weird meta dismissal of somber also seemed strange.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

gay for gacha posted:

What I've seen from him so far looks a lot like his town play to me. I thought he was a lot more performative/aggressive as scum in Toal's game. It's also only D1 so not sure yet...I don't agree with his take on Lotus or you necessarily but it doesn't make him scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Well do something about it!

No one seemed interested in voting PMom earlier in the day, taste is a pure lurker lunch, so I’m down but I’m not sure it makes sense to switch to taste at this point

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

No one seemed interested in voting PMom earlier in the day, taste is a pure lurker lunch, so I’m down but I’m not sure it makes sense to switch to taste at this point

My mistake you are already voting PMom. I haven’t played with them in ages but I do seem to remember disappearing a lot was kind of the norm

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I had a comment about pmom that made binus and somberbro get weird. I'd vote for pmom.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

There is something about Pmom that is off and their defense compared to Lotus. At this point neither one is participating so I'm fine with either.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

gay for gacha posted:

my merk fear levels are at about usual. is there something cool i should be looking at

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lotus isn’t just a lurker case. They would not make basic alignment calls.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

gay for gacha posted:

I dont think he's scum and I think his posts are overall good. In particular, I think scum merk would have agreed with my somber case as soon as I made it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

I assume pmom is vt and doesn’t really care to keep up with the game. Taste also tends to check out when he rolls vt. I believe sombers claim, although he wasn’t really pinging me anyway.

i keep forgetting i'm in this game really

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gk seems like he knows i'm town

idle is tunnelling on me as an excuse to not post more content

i'd vote taste sure

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what's the case on lotus

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

gk seems like he knows i'm town

idk if this is exactly scummy, the read he has on my posts feel "true", in the sense of gk knows me well enough to be able to read me that way.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Me blowing this off is a sure sign I’m vt

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Vanilla tscum or town?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Idle Amalgam posted:

gently caress, that's scary. Hope they all heal quickly, and you stay safe as well. These times do suck.

Thank you! Kid is positive, they are isolating. Vaccinated. I hope for the best.

I... will not be around for the timeline because it's stupid early here. I am still not comfortable with Lotus, although they should have shown around, but I can't really wait for them to do so and they are around the same timezone as I am, anyway.

I am voting Taste, in the grounds that three serious posts in five days are not really playing. They don't seem interested nor are engaging with anyone at all (that we can see). I very much prefer playing with live people, even if they come and go. So there's that, from me.

##vote t a s t e

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Very tired

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hey taste what do you think of i till tonight, lotus aura, pmom, and somber, tia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I haven’t read

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

that was supposed to be ixtlilton but i never actually look at the preview before replying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

t a s t e posted:

I haven’t read

is this your king?? (not sure who i’m directing this statement to but w/e)