Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

i thought the Suzuki match was fine.

Now if it was a Sakuraba match i would have wanted more out of it, but hey

This is a good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

This is one of the few Dynamites I felt had too much talking. A lot of that would have been mitigated by shrinking the MJF segment. It was the cheapest of heat, bordered on cringe, and was used to plug a match with Brian Pillman Jr, a feat which should take no more than 3 minutes tops.

I'm totally okay with the talking since All Out was just 3 days ago.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Luckily, for all the people who hate talking, there's less than 48 hours until AEW: Rampage, the program that promises more action and less distraction

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the mjf segment rules and one of the best things about wrestling is heels getting cheap heat by burying the local sports teams

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Lambert reminds me of when Pete Rose would show up once a year and get tombstone'd by Kane. Except for some reason he's here every week and doesn't get beat up?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jetfire posted:

Lambert reminds me of when Pete Rose would show up once a year and get tombstone'd by Kane. Except for some reason he's here every week and doesn't get beat up?

The whole thing started because he got beat up by Lance Archer

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Davros1 posted:

The whole thing started because he got beat up by Lance Archer

Which is where it should have ended. It's not a big deal, I can just mute the TV when I see him, but there's other, better stuff they could be doing with that time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW produces content nearly every day of the week now so there's really no reason to ever watch a match you don't like. Its fuckin great.

Tonight was a great two hours. I think the only thing I dind't like was Adam Cole talking. I do not miss that at all. But I got to see Bryan Danielson riding what looks to be the wildest high of his life since the time Jimmy Jacobs stabbed him in the eye. CM Punk jostling his way into his own fiefdom is a sign of the politics within AEW. Call it the Punkverse or whatever. I'm not mad at it. Ruby getting the nod to step to Britt next got quite a bit of shine on it now that we've established Ruby Outta Nowhere. Obligatory women need more segments words here.

All in all out, AEW is a great watch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i heard that old guy is tony khan's grandpa and he keeps making tony tuna sandwiches and giving them to him all the drat time. the only way to stop him from making tunafish sandwich is to put him on tv to yell. there's no room for the tunasalad sandwiches anymore

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

i find watching actual wrestling really boring unless a feud/character really grabs me, which happens about twice a year, so i watched this episode by skipping through it all in about 30 mins, which is what i usually do. from that perspective, it was a pretty good. a lot of stuff happened.

kenny vs bryan falls under match i will actually watch just because of who they are. putting jurassic express in the orbit of this is cool, too.

teaming riho and statlander up with ruby is a good idea - two established people with big support. i find it weird that jamie hayter has just been there to take pins for
britt so far though, i considered her a pretty big name to bring in but i suppose that's just me.

cm punk vs team taz is underwhelming but i'm sure he will get an interesting feud soon, this is shaking off cobwebs stuff as it probably should be.

i'm not really following any of the other storylines too closely right now, but having three storylines in one show i care about isn't bad at all.

one negative thing is that i think mjf is overexposed, seems like he's droning on every week. sammy should get some spotlight now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I want to let this Lambert thing evolve into a story I care about but it's been drawn out way too long for the payoff of "Dan Lambert goes through a table" to be worth it. Although there are people here who are legitimately into this guy and his promos so maybe the segment's just not working for me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

roomtone posted:

i find watching actual wrestling really boring unless a feud/character really grabs me, which happens about twice a year, so i watched this episode by skipping through it all in about 30 mins, which is what i usually do. from that perspective, it was a pretty good. a lot of stuff happened.

kenny vs bryan falls under match i will actually watch just because of who they are. putting jurassic express in the orbit of this is cool, too.

teaming riho and statlander up with ruby is a good idea - two established people with big support. i find it weird that jamie hayter has just been there to take pins for
britt so far though, i considered her a pretty big name to bring in but i suppose that's just me.

cm punk vs team taz is underwhelming but i'm sure he will get an interesting feud soon, this is shaking off cobwebs stuff as it probably should be.

i'm not really following any of the other storylines too closely right now, but having three storylines in one show i care about isn't bad at all.

one negative thing is that i think mjf is overexposed, seems like he's droning on every week. sammy should get some spotlight now.

what the gently caress

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

i heard that old guy is tony khan's grandpa and he keeps making tony tuna sandwiches and giving them to him all the drat time. the only way to stop him from making tunafish sandwich is to put him on tv to yell. there's no room for the tunasalad sandwiches anymore

This is true that's why Tony cut his match down to 7 minutes.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the Dan Lambert stuff is great because it obviously touches a nerve, all great heeling has one foot in the truth

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Alaois posted:

what the gently caress

Was drifting off to sleep but thought let me check the AEW thread one more time. Worst mistake of my entire life.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

there's no way i'm the only one even around here who watches it like that. i just thought i'd be explicit about it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

DLC Inc posted:

aew please put my friend ethan page with someone else, literally anyone else

You've got it. Ethan Page and QT Marshall it is.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody Rhodes is coming back y’all

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I guess if there’s a group of people who actually hate wrestling but watch anyways, some of the posts here make more sense.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

roomtone posted:

there's no way i'm the only one even around here who watches it like that. i just thought i'd be explicit about it.

Narrator: They were the only one around here who watches it like that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I’m going to have nightmares now. Good night.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1435816884247666688

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
cant believe they cut Moxley and Suzuki short just for Max Caster to come out talking about how Procter & Gamble's ad campaign is an insult to the right, The Talk is antiwhite blue lives matter watch Trump commentate 9/11 boxing on fite

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That explains it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

I guess if there’s a group of people who actually hate wrestling but watch anyways, some of the posts here make more sense.

Yeah they're called the WWE universe :v:

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
What a hot night of wrestling. Felt like this episode set up like 381 angles out of nowhere. Looking forward to seeing how everything shakes out!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1435787547830112262

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

excited for the upcoming dynamites, rampages, and all other aew programming including Rhodes To The Top. AEW stays winning.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Team Taz is fighting CM Punk

Anna Jay and Tay Conti need to take the Dark Order back into order

Eddie Kingston is going to kill Miro

Omega is going to duck Bryan for a year

Adam Cole i'm not quite sure yet

Ruby, Riho and Stat v Rebel, Britt and Hayter soon - and in the weirdest twist possible Riho and Ruby might end up at odds as Riho was never elimianted

Lucha Bros open challenge

Shawn Spears vs Darby Allin maybe starting a new Darby v Pinnacle program for Darby v MJF in the long term

I forgot what Sammy Guevera did on the show, I remember the placards but forget the rest

MJF is going to be loving murdered, not by the Varsity Blondes but by WARDLOW

Did I miss anything? If I did on the Adam Cole and Sammy front I'd appreciate being corrected.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I hope creed wins. Would be a shame if he suffered a similar tragedy to his father . But I suppose drago has his own daddy(and mommy) issues! Anyway, (judge mills lane voice) let’s get it on!

Laplacean Demon
Jan 20, 2004

That DICK! posted:

I hope creed wins. Would be a shame if he suffered a similar tragedy to his father . But I suppose drago has his own daddy(and mommy) issues! Anyway, (judge mills lane voice) let’s get it on!

:mods:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

Team Taz is fighting CM Punk

Anna Jay and Tay Conti need to take the Dark Order back into order

Eddie Kingston is going to kill Miro

Omega is going to duck Bryan for a year

Adam Cole i'm not quite sure yet

Ruby, Riho and Stat v Rebel, Britt and Hayter soon - and in the weirdest twist possible Riho and Ruby might end up at odds as Riho was never elimianted

Lucha Bros open challenge

Shawn Spears vs Darby Allin maybe starting a new Darby v Pinnacle program for Darby v MJF in the long term

I forgot what Sammy Guevera did on the show, I remember the placards but forget the rest

MJF is going to be loving murdered, not by the Varsity Blondes but by WARDLOW

Did I miss anything? If I did on the Adam Cole and Sammy front I'd appreciate being corrected.

Just a guess, but I think Adam Cole is going to wrestle The Elite's enemies until Hangman comes back.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
oh and I forgot Dan Lambert's thing which needs to go somewhere fast because that stuff brings the show to a dead loving stop because it never goes anywhere

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

adam cole is going to be feuding with adam page, for the duration of the absense of excalibur. jim ross is going to be calling adam cole and adam page singles matches on his own and doing a good job identifying each adam

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Pylons posted:

Just a guess, but I think Adam Cole is going to wrestle The Elite's enemies until Hangman comes back.

yeah Adam Cole v Kazarian seems likely and will be a great match where Frankie will lose because he is a loser.

Oh and Black is still killing the Nightmare Family but I think he might have run out of opponents.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
tonight's episode actually convinced me to get aew plus. does anyone have any experience using that from the United states? do you have to keep the vpn on the entire time?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

tonight's episode actually convinced me to get aew plus. does anyone have any experience using that from the United states? do you have to keep the vpn on the entire time?

No, just start up the VPN, load the video, then you can turn it off when it's loaded.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

this one's going to aew botches

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Cavauro posted:

adam cole is going to be feuding with adam page, for the duration of the absense of excalibur. jim ross is going to be calling adam cole and adam page singles matches on his own and doing a good job identifying each adam

"somebody stop adam match!" - JR in this scenario probably idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lid posted:

No that was it, he was literally there to get another picture-in-picture segment since PIP means more people looking at the screen during the ads.

Pylons posted:

Cole beats everyone who comes against The Elite and is presented as the roadblock Hangman has to go through to get another title match against Kenny because if your plans have anyone but Hangman taking the title off Kenny your plans are stupid.