Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

After the shooting of The Captain (2019 film), Andrew Lau accepted the task of shooting Chinese Doctors.[4] Most cast members of The Captain joined the cast.[4] Experts from the Propaganda Department of the Chinese Communist Party, National Health Commission, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Hubei Provincial Health Commission, and Hubei Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention participated in script revision. The film began production in April 2020 and finished filming in Guangzhou on 23 December of that same year.[5] Filming also took place in Wuxi, Wuhan, and Shanghai.[5] Netizens said: Not profound, unreal, unrealistic. In fact, everyone knew something about the real situation of the epidemic from online reports and news reports. The reality is very cruel, and there are many ready-made materials that are not reflected in the movies. Hard sensational. Regarding this main theme movie, Twitter netizen "Sun Yuanping Eternal Sun" posted: "The movie "Chinese Doctor" is about : In China, whether you have money or not, your life in the hospital is the biggest, and the hospital will do its best to treat you! If you don’t believe it, you can spend money to buy a ticket and go to the cinema to have a look." Netizen "Gao Yu" posted: "You should go to a Chinese hospital to find out!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait if it's not out yet how is it the number 1 blockbuster

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gripweed posted:

The issue is that the Star Wars thing is an anthology, so there's no internal logic dictating character placement. In that Promare poster you've got Galo Thymos front and center because he's the protagonist. He's surrounded by the other member of Burning Rescue. Lio Fotia is the Deuteragonist so he gets major placement in the poster, but since he is not aligned with Galo for the bulk of the movie he's on his own separate plane. Vulcan Hastus is the major recurring muscle, so he gets prominent placement but still smaller than Lio and Burning Rescue. And of course over it all you've got Kray Foresight.

With the Star Wars thing they don't want to say that any given thing is the main character or more important than any other part. Which, I bet, is why they have that weird robot most prominently placed. I think that they were thinking he could anchor the whole design and be the main focal point, but since he has a robot face without eyes, your eye is drawn to the characters around him with human faces.

Anyway, here's another Promare poster

Nice to see Kamina from Gurren Lagann found a new job

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The issue is that the Star Wars thing is an anthology, so there's no internal logic dictating character placement. In that Promare poster you've got Galo Thymos front and center because he's the protagonist. He's surrounded by the other member of Burning Rescue. Lio Fotia is the Deuteragonist so he gets major placement in the poster, but since he is not aligned with Galo for the bulk of the movie he's on his own separate plane. Vulcan Hastus is the major recurring muscle, so he gets prominent placement but still smaller than Lio and Burning Rescue. And of course over it all you've got Kray Foresight.

With the Star Wars thing they don't want to say that any given thing is the main character or more important than any other part. Which, I bet, is why they have that weird robot most prominently placed. I think that they were thinking he could anchor the whole design and be the main focal point, but since he has a robot face without eyes, your eye is drawn to the characters around him with human faces.

Anyway, here's another Promare poster

promares characters have such cool names

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

scary ghost dog posted:

promares characters have such cool names

The robot is called Deus x Machina because it was built by Professor Deus Prometh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait if it's not out yet how is it the number 1 blockbuster

It never hurts to be optimistic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Promare is some good fun and part of me wishes it was a TV series so we could have spent more time with Burning Rescue.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_ posted:

Promare is some good fun and part of me wishes it was a TV series so we could have spent more time with Burning Rescue.

I don't know about a TV series, the animation wouldn't have been as good and I'd worry about how they'd stretch the plot.

But a 6 hour OVA series released over the course of a decade? Now we're talking

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/BobsBurgersFOX/status/1436437262988976133?s=19

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Waffleman_ posted:

Why not play the video game equivalent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q9HXfM4ggs

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Larryb posted:

Nice to see Kamina from Gurren Lagann found a new job

My exact same thought.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I haven't had a chance to watch Promare but it's been described to me as what if Kamina and Viral were boyfriends and I really hope it lives up to that

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I like bob's burgers but for some reason the idea of a loving theatrical feature length movie is making me not want to even watch the show.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Shoehead posted:

I haven't had a chance to watch Promare but it's been described to me as what if Kamina and Viral were boyfriends and I really hope it lives up to that

I do think the fandom kinda overplays the gay angle. Like, If all you knew about the movie was the fanart you'd think it was 90 minutes of the two leads hugging. Which it isn't. What is is an an amazingly creatively animated non-stop action extravaganza feast for the senses that's also gay

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

The thing that makes me somewhat hopeful is that it's been in development for so long that the script was probably written long before they started putting musical numbers into every single episode.

Now, I'm sure the movie will have at least one musical number, but maybe it won't be as annoying and out of place as it could be?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I honestly didn’t know Bobs burgers was still running or that it had the demand for a movie

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gripweed posted:

I do think the fandom kinda overplays the gay angle.
Oh no!

Gripweed posted:

What is is an an amazingly creatively animated non-stop action extravaganza feast for the senses that's also gay

Wait no ok I'm back in

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the only problem with promare is that it is the exact same allegory as kill la kill, gurren lagann and brand new animal. its a good allegory though

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SlebowSays/status/1437080139515432962?s=20

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's probably because I'd forgotten that movie even existed, but I've just noticed that Amanda Bynes in that photo looks like every part of her body was slapped together from photos of multiple people.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FrankenBynes Monster

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/HydeSister/status/1437214500072173568?s=20

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
https://metv.com/quiz/can-you-guess-the-classic-movie-by-just-the-posters-tagline

13 question quiz to identify movies by tag line. The tag lines are cut straight out of the posters, so it’s slightly relevant to the thread and may help you identify movies by font, surrounding color, etc. I got 9/13

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/searchlightpics/status/1438140775385026563?s=19

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I'm loving pumped for this. See the 1947 original if you can.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I had wondered if this was going to end up happening or not

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

yeah, butts and guns!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Saddest Rhino posted:

yeah, butts and guns!

They couldn't do something like the posters for the old show that have Spike being cool, leaning against a wall and smoking a cigarette, because Netflix Spike won't smoke.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
It's been ages since I saw Cowboy Bebop and I know it's just "a Western but in space" but the background they put on this poster just looks like a random parking lot in present day Mexico or something rather than anything that feels like it could be on another planet.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Item Getter posted:

It's been ages since I saw Cowboy Bebop and I know it's just "a Western but in space" but the background they put on this poster just looks like a random parking lot in present day Mexico or something rather than anything that feels like it could be on another planet.

It's not good.

e: the poster, to clarify

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 25, 2021

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's really annoying because I think John Cho is a really great choice for Spike but it's like a decade too late and a network too boring.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's going to be endless fights between the nerds who think it's not accurate enough and the ones who think Netflick's ripping off Firefly and that they should have gotten Whedon to make it.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Netflix Spike won't smoke.

Did... did they even watch the original?

Or did they just look at some Deviant Art drawings and go "Yeah I got this".

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Mr.Chill posted:

Did... did they even watch the original?

Or did they just look at some Deviant Art drawings and go "Yeah I got this".

Netflix has a self imposed ban on smoking in anything rated TV-14, I suspect they're trying to market it as more of a kid/family friendly show.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
spike’s jewish so they should have cast david krumholtz circa 2007

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES