Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Not at all a surprise and good on em.

I want as good of a game as I can get when it releases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Sad, but understandable. At least we're getting Cathay reveal tomorrow.

Haha. I remember playing this years ago. It was janky and weird but enormously entertaining. I think I tried to invade the Tomb Kings with an army of orcs, but got stomped.

I like how getting married to a daemoness increases your reputation with the Empire. By Sigmar, no!

William Bear fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 13, 2021

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Just came back to put in the part about Cathay hell yeah that's a good way to offset the bad new lol

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Goddamn, Be'lakor doesn't have cake, he's got the whole drat bakery.

the archaon from this video is the same one from the ill have this world kid meme

edit: 2022 release who cares just delays me replacing my processor.

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 13, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m also simply glad we’re getting game 3 news tomorrow. We’re still going through a global plague apocalypse, take your time.

I platinum’d game 2 last week, and I’m happy to not have any dangling campaigns to distract me from my Steam backlog. Or doing stuff to improve myself as a person I guess

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

This is good. We all want Warhams 3 to be good, and a bit of delay is a small price to pay for getting a great game. And getting a big Cathay reveal instead tomorrow certainly lessens the sting.

I don't even think I will have finished all the Warhammer 2 campaigns I want to play by early 2022, so it's actually not that upsetting to me.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Kind of disappointing but makes sense. There's enough stuff I want to play in 2021 anyway.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Shocking no one.

I'm just glad we're getting Cathay tomorrow (and maybe even some leaks today :v:) instead of later in the week. I assume they'll also be fighting another Chaos that's not just Khorne.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm going to have two weeks off at the end of the year and really wanted to be able to play WH3 :(

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Understandable and good.

I'm not going to check the response outside of this forum and just assume it's not as level-headed :v:

Edit: Actually a brief glance through twitter has people generally saying "we don't want another Cyberpunk 2077, take your time!"

Maybe, hopefully, people are beginning to get burnt out by recent major rushed releases and are tempering expectations.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 13, 2021

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
Yeah can't say I'm upset about this. My 1080 poo poo the bed recently so now I'm running everything on a 970. Haven't even tried playing Warham 2 with it. Maybe by the release date I'll actually have a card.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah this is fine. Would rather have a polished game than risk another Rome II.

Giggle Goose posted:

Yeah can't say I'm upset about this. My 1080 poo poo the bed recently so now I'm running everything on a 970. Haven't even tried playing Warham 2 with it. Maybe by the release date I'll actually have a card.

For what it's worth my 960 can handle Warhammer 2 pretty good, not too severe a quality loss.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Giggle Goose posted:

I was using a 970 up til a few months ago and it ran WH2 just fine

the decision on WH3 makes sense and now I've got time to get some Battle Brothers in

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Giggle Goose posted:

I have a 1070 ti and it's running at 100% for everything now, so I went to look up the prices on graphics cards on newegg. They're all like $1000+ because of the chip shortage and bitcoin miners so I think I'll check back in 6-9 months.

It stinks that the game is getting pushed back but unless the release is in July it's fine.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

the decision on WH3 makes sense and now I've got time to get some Battle Brothers in

Well hey isn't this good news. Also battle brothers is stupid good even if it makes me rage quit from time to time lol.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Understandable and good.

I'm not going to check the response outside of this forum and just assume it's not as level-headed :v:

Edit: Actually a brief glance through twitter has people generally saying "we don't another Cyberpunk 2077, take your time!"

Maybe, hopefully, people are beginning to get burnt out by recent major rushed releases and are tempering expectations.

I don't get this sentiment. Developers delay games because something is wrong. Not because they suddenly decided to spend the time making a better product.

They never gave a specific deadline though so I assume 2021 was just the optimistic projection and they expected a delay.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Giggle Goose posted:

Well hey isn't this good news. Also battle brothers is stupid good even if it makes me rage quit from time to time lol.

Missing 7 90% hits only for a goblin to land 2 punctures on your untouched armour bro for a kill always feels so loving bad.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Mercrom posted:

I don't get this sentiment.

The sentiment being that they could also just release it broken, instead of pushing it back to fix stuff.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I just won a campaign for the first time ever so I feel like this is all my fault somehow

(It was Taurox and it was piss-easy by the end, just running around Ulthuan auto-resolving every settlement)

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Battle Brothers is such a classic. We have a thread here which is dead these days but is probably the greatest single source of info and analysis on the game. Its my most played modern game by like a country mile lol

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

just post in the BB thread guys. It's basically a WHFB game too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mercrom posted:

I don't get this sentiment. Developers delay games because something is wrong. Not because they suddenly decided to spend the time making a better product.

They never gave a specific deadline though so I assume 2021 was just the optimistic projection and they expected a delay.

Well CA did just that with three kingdoms. They were not happy with the feedback they were getting so they pushed back the release date by a couple months and released a more polished product in the process.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

loving called it with the delay. I'm fine with it though, if they need more time I'd rather they take it than not. I'll be busy playing Endwalker anyway tbh.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 13, 2021

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

I just won a campaign for the first time ever so I feel like this is all my fault somehow

(It was Taurox and it was piss-easy by the end, just running around Ulthuan auto-resolving every settlement)

All campaigns are piss-ready by the end, just running around the map auto-resolving every settlement.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

rideANDxORdie posted:

Battle Brothers is such a classic. We have a thread here which is dead these days but is probably the greatest single source of info and analysis on the game. Its my most played modern game by like a country mile lol

Yeah its funny, I'm spending all this time trying to get a 3080 when a lot of my most played games are poo poo like battle brothers and paradox titles.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Giggle Goose posted:

FWIW my 970 runs WH2 fine, there isn't enough vram to run everything at max but it isn't nearly the bottleneck that my processor is (bought the CPU around the same time the 970 released)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzOzmpsgacY

Cody Bonds with a rather accusatory video

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Why should anyone give a poo poo about a youtuber stirring up pointless drama so they can get add clicks?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm not watching a seven minute Jeff Dunham video, but I don't get what there is to be upset about. The game's still going to come out, and if you were looking forward to it later this year, I assume you'll still be looking forward to it then. Unless you're going to die in the next few months, what difference does it make? I guess they could have been more open about this possibility when they cut off communication a couple months ago, since this seemed like a very likely outcome, but oh well. I can't see any sinister reason why CA would deliberately skip a Christmas launch window, so if it's being delayed, I'm sure they have a good reason for it.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
*looks at Steam library with more than 50 unplayed games*

gently caress I have nothing to play, how I am I going to kill time until warhams 3 is out?!? I’m so angry at CA!!

*opens warhams 2*

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The argument in the video is that Games Workshop forced Creative Assembly to delay to game, to coincide with the release of The Old World, which was also delayed into 2022. Which I guess seems plausible

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Raygereio posted:

Why should anyone give a poo poo about a youtuber stirring up pointless drama so they can get add clicks?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah, I made it to 1:27

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

The Chad Jihad posted:

The argument in the video is that Games Workshop forced Creative Assembly to delay to game, to coincide with the release of The Old World, which was also delayed into 2022. Which I guess seems plausible

so what

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I kinda rather it be delayed so they can iron out all the kinks and give it some more polish and not end up with a TW2 norsca launch scenario that delayed the mortal empire map by half a year.

Maybe it'll be enough time to make sieges fun.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Maybe it'll be enough time to make sieges fun.
Sure, and maybe we'll get naval combat

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

After going back to WH2 after a few months I hope they rethink quite a few campaign mechanics. I'm thirty something turns in my Gelt campaign and only just unlocked artillery. In theory the game is structured to allow coming back from a loss, but if I had lost the early Mortar I'd just rage quit. And growth is now so slow that losing a major town is utterly ruinous. I gather there was some rebalancing to make you spend more time with the early units, but early units alone are pretty boring. I kind of like the elector count troop mechanism that gives you early access to one unit of high level troops, at least and if I ever start another campaign I'll knock over Wissenland early.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

The Chad Jihad posted:

I mean it’s a hazard of making a game based on a license. But it gives them time to polish the game anyway.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The video goes on to argue that this is another example of GW being a lovely company to work with, and that this will be bad for CA financially since they've expanded massively but are now going to be in product drought till release. And that it'll also be grim for the community (which will then also be bad financially for CA) since the content creators are all going to run out of stuff that gets them views and move on to other things

I don't really buy all that, (aside from GW strongarming). I do think more time for bugfixing and polish is likely, but not assured since delayed games don't always actually get any additional budget allocated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'll laugh my rear end off we get a new WH2 DLC with backported mechanics or something like that.

edit: Give us a Norsca and WoC spiffing-up patch CA!

edit2: Give me a Skaeggi LL!!!