Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

is metro exodus good/fun

is it close enough to STALKER that i will enjoy it?

speaking of, here's a stalker stand-alone mod called anomaly that looks real cool
its good/fun but it's different. i didn't get past the desert map before it went off psnow but i wish i had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

oh my god

Control with ray tracing

oh my god

that game is the best selling point for ray tracing, it all just looks better

the lighting engine is good without it, but as someone pointed out, now you can catch enemies by spotting their reflection in the brutalist glass and lacquered wood halls and that is way more impressive than a colorfully lit scene a la tomb raider

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

combat is like a battlefield game but with scarce ammo.

oh nvm then. gonna try that stalker mod instead.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

oh my god

Control with ray tracing

oh my god

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i thought control sucked but it was pretty

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I, of course, did the needful and tore through rtx q2, as one does. Looks rad.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
control was great and pretty

jonny have you played prey (2017)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
how the gently caress are people wasting these GPUs on crypto mining. why. stop it.

e: i have not. worth a shot?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
prey is legit one of my favorite scifi horror games of the past 10 years, i love it and somehow people slept on it

(it's from arkane, the folks that did dishonored and deathloop)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
prey is so loving good

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

prey is so loving good

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gFt0lRjab0

this dude talks about some things that makes prey interesting without spoiling poo poo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
control RT lets you see the distorted reflection of Jesse fidgeting in the TV while you watch threshold kids

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

how the gently caress are people wasting these GPUs on crypto mining. why. stop it.

e: i have not. worth a shot?

yeah its excellent. also play dishonored + dishonored 2 + dlcs if you havent. prey and the dishonoreds are all on xbox game pass which is insane value

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i built a computer i didnt buy a video game console shags

or am i missing something

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
xbox game pass is on pc too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh i see okay

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

flight sim 2020 is also on xbox game pass if you wanna try it out that way.

buy it on steam, not the microsoft store, if you plan to actually buy it though.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
xbox game pass games are delivered as windows store apps so you cant modify the files like you'd want for mods and poo poo.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

oh i see okay

game pass is pretty good, it's like Netflix for PC games. selection is pretty decent for the price

you can find free trials all over the place

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I'm literally made of jelly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

game pass is pretty good, it's like Netflix for PC games. selection is pretty decent for the price

you can find free trials all over the place

ohhhhhhh i SEE. ok i will check it out!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I was a game pass skeptic but it's actually the best deal in gaming.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

bullshit that Deathloop wasn't on it day 1 though

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

game pass is really bad for enabling my habit of only playing a game for a couple days then moving on though

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

prey is so loving good

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Game pass is so good, at least give it a shot for a month. For me it's great because it's "free" so I'm far more willing to try games I wouldn't otherwise drop £ on.

I randomly grabbed Yakuza 0 because I was curious, not expecting much, and ended up burning through it, K1 and K2 in succession.

Also you get a good hit of classic Microsoft naming. I think they fixed it but at one point it was something like Microsoft Xbox Game Pass for PC.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jenny Agutter posted:

I was a game pass skeptic but it's actually the best deal in gaming.

same, then I got a free trial. i played a bunch of games I wanted to try but would never pay regular price for and it's definitely worth the price of like one ok steam game a month

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i open palm slammed every quality slider up to max with tracing on and smoked a bowl and got through the first real mission of Control and holy gently caress what is this game it's so gorgeous and creepy. subwoofers recommended the sound is very good too

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

speaking of game pass I just learned the install for Fallout new Vegas is 47gb vs the 9gb install off steam. apparently it has a separate install of the entire game for each language. how is Microsoft so bad at this poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i put my games on d: and there's like nine of them. theyre fucken ridiculously huge now

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

The Fool posted:

game pass is really bad for enabling my habit of only playing a game for a couple days then moving on though

my issue is i play one game to the exclusion of all others for months

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cat Face Joe posted:

same. 79 achievements left in binding of isaac and the curse will finally be lifted

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Fool posted:

Cat Face Joe posted:

I bought a couple of games over the last couple of months, played them for 5 minutes, and then went back to playing mount and blade.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

PIZZA.BAT posted:

same. 79 achievements left in binding of isaac and the curse will finally be lifted

see you in 4 years

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Cat Face Joe posted:

i bought a really nice new PC a while back and all I play on it right now is Hades, which ran perfectly fine on my old computer

in the winter though i'm gonna play tf out of some hyperrealistic poo poo and heat my room up nicely though lol

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i also assembled a new PC a few days back and i'm mostly playing fe3h on my switch, which was the only reason i bought the drat thing to begin with.

i like fe3h a lot. it's so nice to have a wide cast of characters, none of whose existences revolve around the protagonist. also it's got that nice xcom thing where your characters' battle exploits build the player's emotional investment in said characters (and in-game said characters also deepen their relationship with people who they fight side-by-side with a lot).

it's basically persona but better. well, almost. it lacks persona's sense of immersion for whatever reason.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Sapozhnik posted:

i like fe3h a lot. it's so nice to have a wide cast of characters, none of whose existences revolve around the protagonist. also it's got that nice xcom thing where your characters' battle exploits build the player's emotional investment in said characters (and in-game said characters also deepen their relationship with people who they fight side-by-side with a lot).

that sounds exactly like my favorite thing about Chrono Cross and i wanna play this really badly now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sapozhnik posted:

i also assembled a new PC a few days back and i'm mostly playing fe3h on my switch, which was the only reason i bought the drat thing to begin with.

it's basically persona but better. well, almost. it lacks persona's sense of immersion for whatever reason.

I like the fire emblem games they made for the GBA. All the other ones are just waifu/life simulators and they suck so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/frasier_looking/status/1436253121034915842