Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

lol at the company's footer that bellendcat subbed with

Pulled out my highly tuned googling skills I learned from BM himself and I’ve determined that Policia Federal is the Brazilian feds

Looks like Bellingcat is a Bolosanorist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

WrightOfWay posted:

When you definitely aren't a front for US intelligence.

tbqh anyone with enough cash to dump on one of the many satellite imagery companies could get this access

but there's no way they're also not getting those bricks of cash & approving nods from the IC to be allowed in as a customer

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

looking forward to this resulting in nothing but requests for hi res shots of groverhaus

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

they still cant zoom out enough to get a complete picture of higgins

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

I knew the park rangers wanted me dead

you ever hear about all the people who disappear without a trace in wilderness areas every year

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Homeless Friend posted:

they still cant zoom out enough to get a complete picture of higgins

Who's higgins

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Just remembered the time when Kiwifarms tried to doxx one of the SA admins (I think it was ZDR) and they got Kirk the goatman Johnson's old house address instead.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Palladium posted:

Who's higgins

code name pygmalion

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Atrocious Joe posted:

you ever hear about all the people who disappear without a trace in wilderness areas every year

the only pic-a-nics in these baskets is a feast of kompromat

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Lord of Pie posted:

looking forward to this resulting in nothing but requests for hi res shots of groverhaus

Imagine posting pictures of your amateur building skills to a early internet forum that nobody knows or cares about, but then twenty years later the CIA is scoping your house with high-res satellites and it's the #3 location to visit in Microsoft Flight Simulator behind only Ground Zero and Epstein Island

Frankly, lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Eason the Fifth posted:

Imagine posting pictures of your amateur building skills to a early internet forum that nobody knows or cares about, but then twenty years later the CIA is scoping your house with high-res satellites and it's the #3 location to visit in Microsoft Flight Simulator behind only Ground Zero and Epstein Island

Frankly, lol

You need Nvidia RTX to have realistic lighting around all the unnatural window placement and load bearing drywall.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
so many people got banned rightfully making fun of grover. why was he ever a mod? oh right he posted a lot about the military, therefore he must know what he's talking about

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Goon project: goatse brown moses?
We just need a really big picture of goatse.

skipmyseashells posted:

wait his name is brown Moses but he’s buttermilk white? :raise:

The "brown" refers to poo poo. He is the moses of turds, leading his people to the promised land in the middle east (Syria).

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Suspicious posted:

so many people got banned rightfully making fun of grover. why was he ever a mod? oh right he posted a lot about the military, therefore he must know what he's talking about

How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
Will Saddam be killed? Yes
Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years
Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Suspicious posted:

SA liked finding either people who had authoritarian tendencies to be mods or in the case of one mod, offered a unusual take on babysitting services.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Suspicious posted:

He was reviled even in the forum he modded for years, GiP, for not being a Troop but a mere contractor. But the staff kept him around for a long time because removing him would have been admitting that the haters were right.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

lol at the company's footer that bellendcat subbed with

for fucks sake the Brazilian federal police??!?! (first symbol)

loving lmaooooooo

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Pulled out my highly tuned googling skills I learned from BM himself and I’ve determined that Policia Federal is the Brazilian feds

Looks like Bellingcat is a Bolosanorist!

dear jephro please don't surrender the br-cspam info to brown moses

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it is absolutely certain that when given access to cia spy satellites bm looked at groverhaus.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

dead gay comedy forums posted:

for fucks sake the Brazilian federal police??!?! (first symbol)

loving lmaooooooo

maybe Brown Moses just really liked watching Elite Squad

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Gonna go put a print out of goatsex man on my back patio and tell that little rat Brown Moses to inspect the coordinates.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

He was reviled even in the forum he modded for years, GiP, for not being a Troop but a mere contractor. But the staff kept him around for a long time because removing him would have been admitting that the haters were right.

Actually based on his pay grade he was more or less a colonel. Heck that was a long time ago, he might be a general by now.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

the thing I've never understood about Bellingcat is what the CIA/Atlantic Council/anyone really gets out of it. Why give this nerd money

that goes double for Robert Evans

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1433085686085820425

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

the thing I've never understood about Bellingcat is what the CIA/Atlantic Council/anyone really gets out of it. Why give this nerd money

Muddying the waters

Influencing spaces that would balk at openly spook related sources like libs who don’t much like the cia on principle but are too stupid to know what a cutout is

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

specifically with Bellingcat, it's part of the normalization of the use of satellite images and "geolocation" as a driver for being newsworthy news

nowadays you have this firm called "Simularity" that talks about Chinese fishing vessels "invading" the South China Sea after spotting them with satellites

or that allegation that China is building missile silos somewhere in their western desert and concentration camps in Xinjiang because some guy said that the shadows on the photo indicate that that's what they are

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

specifically with Bellingcat, it's part of the normalization of the use of satellite images and "geolocation" as a driver for being newsworthy news

nowadays you have this firm called "Simularity" that talks about Chinese fishing vessels "invading" the South China Sea after spotting them with satellites

or that allegation that China is building missile silos somewhere in their western desert and concentration camps in Xinjiang because some guy said that the shadows on the photo indicate that that's what they are

i was going to kind of flippantly post 'manufacturing consent' but you said it much better

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The appearance of independent journalism.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
lmao Fukuyama

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

ive heard rando rubes cite bellingcat as a source so there you go

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Regarde Aduck posted:

Muddying the waters

Influencing spaces that would balk at openly spook related sources like libs who don’t much like the cia on principle but are too stupid to know what a cutout is

Couldn't CNN/MSNBC/NYT do the same thing and reach a much wider audience? I could ask practically everyone I know and I strongly doubt any of them have heard of Bellingcat. You can't manufacture consent if no one's paying attention. Maybe I'm just not aware of their audience, but it seems to me to consist of extremely online skeptics, like us

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Couldn't CNN/MSNBC/NYT do the same thing and reach a much wider audience? I could ask practically everyone I know and I strongly doubt any of them have heard of Bellingcat. You can't manufacture consent if no one's paying attention. Maybe I'm just not aware of their audience, but it seems to me to consist of extremely online skeptics, like us

belingcat is for people who might distrust establishment media. belingcat is citizen journalism! its open source! you can definitely trust it! nevermind the funding from the atlantic council and the brazilian federal police.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I’m guessing these locations are not what they have in mind.

https://twitter.com/iafrikan/status/1079437964562722816?s=20

https://twitter.com/_fl01/status/957685456136818689?s=20

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1441058725846990851?s=19

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

lobster shirt posted:

belingcat is for people who might distrust establishment media. belingcat is citizen journalism! its open source! you can definitely trust it! nevermind the funding from the atlantic council and the brazilian federal police.
Their reporting can also serve as a step in laundering misinformation, creating a chain of "legitimate" reporting that disguises the source in more mainstream media.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
bellingcat is some old gently caress at cia headquarters thinking they can reach the youth with a tech company

it’s the CIA’s quibi

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

is brown moe married? can we make fun of their spouse? how about their parents are they still living? terrible job folks. kids? feelin sorry for you tots your dad is a real piece of poo poo.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
let's not go in that direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

is brown moe married? can we make fun of their spouse? how about their parents are they still living? terrible job folks. kids? feelin sorry for you tots your dad is a real piece of poo poo.

He's married to a Turkish woman I believe and I don't think she should be doxxed or brought into it at all but lmao somehow it makes it all much funnier and more absurd to me, maybe because my wife is from a country bordering Turkey and having spent a good amount of time there I could never imagine doing what BM does but gently caress it, grifters gonna grift.