Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Paddles, my friend. Paddles!

Yeah I have paddles bound to crouch and jump so I just slide hop around everywhere while not taking thumbs off the stick. Very fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/RKQRLz4.mp4

teammate called a mirage ult

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
I’m a hair away from plat I and I get a gold Loba teammate who gets punched out despite having a gun -_- holy gently caress. Then the game put her banner under the map lmfao.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

TrixR4kids posted:

I’m a hair away from plat I and I get a gold Loba teammate who gets punched out despite having a gun -_- holy gently caress. Then the game put her banner under the map lmfao.

What platform are you on? I can get you to plat no sweat if you’re on Xbox.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Chemmy posted:

What platform are you on? I can get you to plat no sweat if you’re on Xbox.

I’m on ps4 so same difference, just trying to get to diamond I’m about halfway thru plat I. Paranoidfroyd is my PS account. Playing with one guy I met recently now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

good news arena lovers

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1442086965579370497

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
And the thread goes mild...

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
How often do new BR maps get released? Once a year?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah it was a one year / four season gap from Worlds Edge to Olympus

At that pace we're due for a new map next season, and we know they're working on one from datamining

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

WattsvilleBlues posted:

How often do new BR maps get released? Once a year?

Worlds Edge and Olympus were released in October 2019 and November 2020 respectively. That’s only two data points, but if that is the trend then we are on track for a new one next season. I’ve heard rumors that that’s the case, too.

runchild
May 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1442867059914727431

runchild
May 26, 2010

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/apex-legends/news/apex-chronicles-old-ways-new-dawn

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Thankfully there is solo queue but it still kinda sucks you have to do it in BR

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Huh, this could be interesting. It will most definitely suck, but hopefully it will suck in an interesting way.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ah yes, this is what I want my random teammates to spend their time doing.

Going on a personalized story mission with their animal friends.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ah yes, this is what I want my random teammates to spend their time doing.

Going on a personalized story mission with their animal friends.

this but unironically. have you played with pubbies?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Now I'm imagining pubs breaking off from the team not to do the quest but to grief people and their animal friends

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
a PvEvP map that was like all trials all the time could be a cool gimmick mode but putting stuff like that into regular BR is the dumbest poo poo :allears:

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
Is this internal popup nag screen for the event appearing every time the main screen loads for everyone else? I'm getting sick of having to click past it after every start and after every game.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
my spirit animal is a controller prowler with a digi threat

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cefte posted:

Is this internal popup nag screen for the event appearing every time the main screen loads for everyone else? I'm getting sick of having to click past it after every start and after every game.

Yes. And also yes, me too.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Queued for arenas, sat in the queue for 2 minutes, said "gently caress it" and changed it to trios.

Queue instant pops me into arenas instead.

extremely good game

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Yea, once you're in a matchmaking queue, cancel it and switch it to something else and re-queue... it'll continue where it left off with the previous queue for some reason. Been happening for ages

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is anyone else doing the monster can rewards thing? You submit receipts and not can codes, and the automated process decided that my two 12 packs were 2 total cans. Has anyone else had any luck with this? I just want prizes for my caffeine addiction :smith:

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

The Diddler posted:

Is anyone else doing the monster can rewards thing? You submit receipts and not can codes, and the automated process decided that my two 12 packs were 2 total cans. Has anyone else had any luck with this? I just want prizes for my caffeine addiction :smith:

I emailed support and got my 24. Took like a week for them to respond

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Yo, where are the white ravens at?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1443133359094444032?s=20

Such a stupid event.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Itll be even better once teams start rotating/camping those areas to kill solos.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

It's glorious. Even if you meet another solo Bloodhound at one of the hot spots, they immediately start killing you instead of, you know, think for a second.

Is there any audiovisual clue as to where the loving ravens are?
I've been landing at Skyhook 5 times now and traced the route to old train yard and ... nothing.

Edit: Lol, wait what, it's marked on the map? And a single one per map, for easier griefing? Baffling.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 29, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is the meta to pick a bloodhound on your team to start the quest and then camp the location for all the solo bloodhounds running in?

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

mcbexx posted:

It's glorious. Even if you meet another solo Bloodhound at one of the hot spots, they immediately start killing you instead of, you know, think for a second.

Is there any audiovisual clue as to where the loving ravens are?
I've been landing at Skyhook 5 times now and traced the route to old train yard and ... nothing.

Edit: Lol, wait what, it's marked on the map? And a single one per map, for easier griefing? Baffling.

I got killed the first time or two but then had a drop where I ran into another solo bloodhound, and another full team, and we all just left each other alone and got our quest credit and it was good :unsmith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

super nailgun posted:

I got killed the first time or two but then had a drop where I ran into another solo bloodhound, and another full team, and we all just left each other alone and got our quest credit and it was good :unsmith:

After ten games, still no raven. I either get jumped by three or four squads, or get killed by the ring while running from a trio. Even kept my weapons hidden so no one would think I was hunting them. Nope. This mode needs a serious work over.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Cefte posted:

yes, it drives me up the wall

Gunder
May 22, 2003

It takes a special type of stupidity to think that adding these sorts of diversions to a competitive multiplayer game is a good idea. Add these things in, by all means, but section them off into their own single-player instance instead of polluting the main mode with incentives for people not to play properly. I remember Valve rowing back on linking the unlocking of TF2 weapons to certain Steam achievements. All it did was encourage people to play in extremely weird ways that weren't at all conducive to a good game of Team Fortress.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Gunder posted:

It takes a special type of stupidity to think that adding these sorts of diversions to a competitive multiplayer game is a good idea. Add these things in, by all means, but section them off into their own single-player instance instead of polluting the main mode with incentives for people not to play properly. I remember Valve rowing back on linking the unlocking of TF2 weapons to certain Steam achievements. All it did was encourage people to play in extremely weird ways that weren't at all conducive to a good game of Team Fortress.

If only they could of learned a lesson from everyone dropping to specific locations and the server killing itself immediately because they all had a battlepass challenge to kill some people there.

Oh well.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bring back Get 5 Kills at Dome

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Gunder posted:

As someone who almost exclusively plays pubs, this isn't the reason people aren't "playing properly."

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
No, but you shouldn't encourage it either.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The place where they decide the "proper way to play" Apex is *also* the place that said "make 'em chase a bird" so it would appear to me that for the next month the "proper way to play" in pubs might involve chasing a bird.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the devs have had different priorities then the community pretty much since launch, for better and worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

They added it as a fun thing to add to the flavor and story of the game, this time with an actual tracker instead of just adding it in the backround that you could discover for yourself, like the Horizon one they did.

Unfortunately when it's shoved in people's faces a not small portion of the player base will enjoy going out their way to ruin people's attempts at it. :shrug: I don't blame the devs for this.