Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

one of ralph cosham's lines as it's delivered definitely says "oh, i flubbed it. can i do that take again?" or something similar and they left it in the game, but i can't find it by googling and it's apparently been six years since i finished my complete playthrough of oblivion

i'm wrong on which actor it was but lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FlRClpaqEo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX8najPmiyc

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol that both takes on the spriggans one sound like he's still trying to figure out the sentence structure

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did you never talk to anybody in that game. Wtf.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Loling at the breath.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

in terms of things i just found out, I'm like 99% sure that Dark Souls and Oblivion used the same facegen middleware because the actual face editing options in both games use the same sliders, but the ones in Dark Souls just have weirder names

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think that one of the things Skyrim does better than its predecessors is the simplified leveling system.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
don't troll

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Daggerfall is good and has the best chargen/opening dungeon of all time but it's not actually very fun, or often strictly speaking possible, to play in practice

daggerfall is really fun until you start questing and realize how randomly generated everything is and it just feels pointless. that tutorial dungeon is pretty hard / fun tho lol. if it syour first time youll definitely reroll whatever class you did just to make one that is capable of beating the dungeon

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

one thing that sort of works for oblivion somehow is that besides three main characters, it's like the same 10 voice actors who probably did half of it drunk in like one take. there's something about skyrim hiring way more people whose talent levels are all over the place that's off-putting. like wes johnson is there just doing his "WECOME... TO THE ARENA!" voice through a halfass filter as a dremora lord and lynda carter is doing the same, cardboard reading she always does for about half of the housecarls, but then there's like Enn Reitel and Gideon Emery giving 110 percent. also they told all the guards to do some kind of terrible accent.

all the bad takes that made it into oblivion are so funny to hear lol. "err wait let me try that one again..'

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

lfmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

alright ya you figured it out thanks

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

insane anime posted:

daggerfall is really fun until you start questing and realize how randomly generated everything is and it just feels pointless. that tutorial dungeon is pretty hard / fun tho lol. if it syour first time youll definitely reroll whatever class you did just to make one that is capable of beating the dungeon

It's kind of fun to see how long you can play before the game becomes outright unplayable, like quests sending you to syntax error locafions and if you somehow find the location it hard locks the game. I should play the Unity remake/port sometime

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Daggerfall is fun as a coffee break game where you gently caress around doing silly stuff like sleeping in the wilderness to constantly proc attacks, until you have a field with 200 bodies and you luck out and get a piece of dwarven equipment. The Unity release is great since it includes mods.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Black August posted:

Daggerfall is fun as a coffee break game where you gently caress around doing silly stuff like sleeping in the wilderness to constantly proc attacks, until you have a field with 200 bodies and you luck out and get a piece of dwarven equipment. The Unity release is great since it includes mods.

burble de burble

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

burble de burble

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

burble de burble

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never played Daggerfall and I probably never will tbh. Morrowind ftw tho.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

burble de burble

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Daggerfall shows that bethesda really knew where they were going with the series, cause even without mods there is a full nudity option

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
The people who made the Kirby games helped make a Blade game for game boy color

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Didn’t know this could happen.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Didn’t know this could happen.

lol as a kid I tried to do that so many times

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

https://twitter.com/RibShark/status/1443295528440287243

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Sick burn out of nowhere, drat.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Kid named Pjotr Sone: man this game's graphics loving suck, the magazine ads lied to me again

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Simply Simon posted:

Kid named Pjotr Sone: man this game's graphics loving suck, the magazine ads lied to me again

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

you had to think of a name starting with p and you went with pjotr

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mbt posted:

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mbt posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mbt posted:

imagining an epic episode of Family Feud where Steve Harvey's disbelief morphs into overdramaticf shock when Pjotr turns out to be on the board for "Name a man's name starting with P"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Simply Simon posted:

symbolic posted:

imagining an epic episode of Family Feud where Steve Harvey's disbelief morphs into overdramaticf shock when Pjotr turns out to be on the board for "Name a man's name starting with P"

Lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

symbolic posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

James Rolfe: Pjotr Sone? Pjotr Sone. Pjotr Sone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mbt posted: