Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BigPaddy posted:

Truck is cool, I need to get more pictures for us to laugh at on my salvage auction truck and we can compare fixing old trucks because they are cool and good. Orange is also cool. Have you see the International truck on Wrench Everyday where they put a corvette drive train in it and moved the engine back to make it technically mid engined?

Not yet but I guarantee I will soon!

I'll be watching your thread for progress (lol so no change since I've always been).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

It's a whole vibe.

Edit lol I should have waited for my neighbor to go away.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 26, 2021

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A very good truck.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Stretching the legs on the farm truck like it's my goin to town rig.

Excellent truck.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Just a beautiful day yesterday

Nice S2000!

StormDrain posted:

It's a whole vibe.

You really have completed the look.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Post your own RIDE - I mustache you a question about farm trucks

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That hat is loving amazing

Butt Science
Sep 3, 2007

Hi. I'm an idiot that bought a used car at what might be the worst possible time to do so.

2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport. It's insanely good. I've been looking for one for awhile, and it popped up 250 miles away from me at a price that wasn't too far off from what it would have gone for pre-pandemic. Even in 'Tour' mode it's quick as hell. Once it's in 'Track' mode it's just ridiculous. I haven't even had this thing a full day yet and I'm in love.

Going from a Fiat 500 Abarth to this thing is like being catapulted into the future. The credit I got for the trade in on the Fiat was about $2k less than I paid for it 4 years and 50,000 miles ago. I've been doing a lot more traveling in the last few months, and 100 mile round trips in the Abarth were just hell after a while. The almost 4 hour trip home in this thing felt like to took all of 20 minutes.

Also, I'm a few pages late to Red interior chat, but I present to you the reddest interior in my '78 Mercury Grand Marquis:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
You might be late but that is fashionably late holy poo poo. :eyepop:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Pre-K Bikini Carwash posted:

Also, I'm a few pages late to Red interior chat, but I present to you the reddest interior in my '78 Mercury Grand Marquis:

I like this.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Fresh from the detail:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Multiple in one shot

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Same. Miata on its wheels and driving today for the first time since I started cutting in June.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I knew that spoiler was comically huge but from that angle... god drat. LOL.

Love that '86 color though, how are you liking it?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
:lol:, yeah, it is pretty large.

Surprisingly, the BRZ is pretty much exactly what I wanted and I'm kind of wondering why I didn't just buy one sooner. It reminds me of my S2000 that had some of the annoyances removed, a few modern updates, better seats, etc but with a motor that isn't really rev happy the way a Honda motor is. Basically, it is perfect as a fun street car for me, but I very much prefer lower powered cars.

Also, I bought a set of ST43 front and rear pads and I intend to take it to the track later this year for a fun day sooo we will see how that goes.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Quick dump of all my rides:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

toplitzin posted:

Fresh from the detail:

hmu if you ever get tired of it

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

BlackMK4 posted:

:lol:, yeah, it is pretty large.

Surprisingly, the BRZ is pretty much exactly what I wanted and I'm kind of wondering why I didn't just buy one sooner. It reminds me of my S2000 that had some of the annoyances removed, a few modern updates, better seats, etc but with a motor that isn't really rev happy the way a Honda motor is. Basically, it is perfect as a fun street car for me, but I very much prefer lower powered cars.

Also, I bought a set of ST43 front and rear pads and I intend to take it to the track later this year for a fun day sooo we will see how that goes.

In my old age I’ve been gravitating more and more towards relatively low power stuff as well. I used to have an E90 M3, Shelby GT500 etc. but I think the 160-250hp range and some handling is better fun and a better fit for my driving style. There just isn’t anywhere to use 400+hp in a fun way around here on the public roads without being a menace, and I don’t speed excessively so kinda what’s the point in big numbers?

I can’t easily reach the limits of the S2000 on the street, and my Si Hatch and Cooper S with all the suspension work they’ve had seem to be in that perfect power/handling area for me. Hell, even my kid’s 105hp Del Sol with just a set of DC2R Tanabe coilovers is a blast on rural back roads.

Another stupid shot of one of my clown cars at the drag strip for content:

they let me pick my own number

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Found my DSLR and took some fall photos. A little past peak here. Been busy riding motorcycles and bicycles.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Dema, you always have the best roads with the best color. :)

Imperador do Brasil posted:

There just isn’t anywhere to use 400+hp in a fun way around here on the public roads without being a menace, and I don’t speed excessively so kinda what’s the point in big numbers?
Yeah, this is a lot of it for me too. I also prefer how they take more effort to drive quickly

Voltage posted:

Quick dump of all my rides:

Man, V2 Tuono best Tuono. What a great bike.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Stretching the legs on the farm truck like it's my goin to town rig.

It's so perfect. It's exactly what you would expect to see on the street in the 70s.

I don't deserve to have this thing still be so awesome with how much neglect i've thrown at it. It still makes me stop and smile and have to take a picture.

Yes, it is longer than that long wheelbase expedition

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Kilonum posted:

I'm always listening.... ^_^

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Kilonum posted:

The last one didn't hurt you enough? :v:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Back on the road after 2 years of sitting

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
looks great!

gently caress, i love k1's. wish they made them in 5x100 for my future brz purchase

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Crustashio posted:

Back on the road after 2 years of sitting

Looks great! What did it need to get back on the road?

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

toplitzin posted:

Fresh from the detail:

:sweden: :hf: :sweden:
It was nice weather out last weekend, went for a drive.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Oxphocker posted:

:sweden: :hf: :sweden:
It was nice weather out last weekend, went for a drive.

God drat I want one of those. Maybe after a couple more years of depreciation.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

4-cylinder silver and black gang all outside at the same time for once

And what the heck, everyone together!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

ThirstyBuck posted:

Looks great! What did it need to get back on the road?

Needed most of the right front suspension replaced, crashed into a runway light at a wet autocross. Ripped the strut right off the spindle and banana'd the front control arm. OEM control arm was backordered for a year and the coilover company had no stock. Ended up buying a different set of coilovers from a guy who does motorsport valving using BC racing stuff. Lost motivation to fix it until this summer because we had almost no events.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

LloydDobler posted:

God drat I want one of those. Maybe after a couple more years of depreciation.

good news! depreciation no longer exists!

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

good news! depreciation no longer exists!
There has to be a point where depreciation starts again and everything more than 3 or 4 years old just drops off a cliff.
I hope not, but I fear we're going to see people absolutely upside down on car loans. (same thing might happen with houses...).

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 16, 2022

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A shitload of people defaulting on loans should pop the bubble and hopefully set into motion a shitload of laws that forbid poo poo like 96 month loans.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

um excuse me posted:

A shitload of people defaulting on loans should pop the bubble and hopefully set into motion a shitload of laws that forbid poo poo like 96 month loans.

Just like all those laws after the 08 crash.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

um excuse me posted:

And rolling 10k in negative equity into the next 12k used car loan.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
My girlfriend works for one of the big internet used car dealers, everything I hear about makes it sound like absolutely poo poo tier loan terms, trade in prices, and sale prices are the norm and done in high volume.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I put my big brakes and stupid louvers on

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
I just bought a ride for my rides.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Do a burnout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU