Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 7 September 30th
MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr vs Great-O-Khan
- This was such a great time. The grappling, the shittalk, the crowd. Everything worked

Shingo Takagi vs KENTA
- The wounded champ against a vicious dickhead. KENTA was awesome in this, his assault made Shingo seem almost human

Nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
26th September
G1 Climax 31 Night 5
Kota Ibushi vs Zack Sabre Jr

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/1119752914199703552?s=19

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Adam Cole vs Jungle Boy
HM: Cody Rhodes & Lee Johnson vs Matt Sydal & Dante Martin
HM: Dark Order & Orange Cassidy vs HFO
MOTYC: Miro vs Sammy Guevara

All from AEW Dynamite 29.09.

nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
MOTYC: Adam Cole vs Jungle Boy
HM: Cody Rhodes & Lee Johnson vs Matt Sydal & Dante Martin
HM: Miro vs Sammy Guevara

All from AEW Dynamite 29.09

these imo

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
MOTYC
ZSJ vs. O-Khan

HM
Ishii vs. Loa
Shingo vs. KENTA

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

A Fancy Hat posted:

MOTYC: Adam Cole vs Jungle Boy
MOTYC: Miro vs Sammy Guevara

All from AEW Dynamite, 9/29/21

Adam Cole vs Jungle Boy was amazing stuff, maybe the best Jungle Boy match yet and that's a high standard.

The 16 man tag was a bit of a mess early on, but 100% earns this based on the story it told and the final sequence.

Miro vs Sammy was awesome, pretty much a perfect big guy vs little guy match. Miro looked like a monster, the turnbuckle spot coming back to haunt him was great, and Fuego helping his buddy without straight up interfering was a perfect extra bit of storytelling.

Nth these

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
5th September
Big Japan Death Mania IX
BJW Tag Team Titles
Okami (Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani) vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Hino

It's basically the Big E meme about Big Meaty Men, Sekimoto & Hino is an ultimate meeting of beef, Daichi continues to be very good & Kamitani could end up a new Sekimoto. Some of the forearm exchanges, bwoof.

I was wavering between HM & MOTYC but honestly gently caress it, you'll should watch this.

HM
5th September
Big Japan Death Mania IX
BJW Strong World Heavyweight Title
Yasufumi Nakanoue vs Fuminori Abe

2021 was meant to be a year I watched a lot of Fuminori Abe because he is never worse than very good & The Astronauts tag team with Nomura is All World level. But BASARA has gotten nigh impossible to follow. And still he's had some great matches in places as varied as GLEAT, All Japan, Big Japan, Gatoh Move & Hard Hit. Here he's really the underdog, the Junior against someone 60lbs heavier. Can his nasty kicks be enough?

HM
5th September
Big Japan Death Mania IX
BJW Death Match Heavyweight Title
Drew Parker vs Yuko Miyamoto

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV13h411p7H1

I'll timestamp the Tag match when I'm at the PC next but these are the last 3 matches on the card.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WMOTYC
10th September
AJPW Super Deluxe Series Night 2
AJPW 6 Man Tag Team Titles
Carbell Ito, Seigo Tachibana & Yoshitatsu vs ALL Mighty Inoue, Black Menso-re & Lowther

Carbell Ito is a money mark who wants to be Tiger Mask. I'm pretty sure these belts were created for his vanity, and if it keeps All Japan alive then hurrah. But he's rotten, and so is this match. Only watching this show because it was just 2 hours and I've watched every filmed 2021 AJPW show up to now but boy, this is a thing to make me regret that choice

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
forgive me CyberFight, I'll catch up soon

NJPW G1 Climax Night 4 - 9/24
HM: Chase Owens vs Tama Tonga
HM: Jeff Cobb vs YOSHI-HASHI
MOTYC: Sanada vs Taichi
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs EVIl

AEW Rampage Grand Slam 9/24
HM: CM Punk vs Butcher & Blade
MOTYC: Young Bucks & Adam Cole vs Christian Cage, Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus
HM: Private Party & Butcher & Blade vs Lucha Bros & Santana & Ortiz
HM: Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer vs Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston - Lights Out Match

NJPW Strong 9/25
HM: Wheeler Yuta vs Jay White
HM: Fred Rosser vs Ren Narita

NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 - 9/26
HM: Shingo Takagi vs Yuji Nagata
HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs KENTA
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Zack Sabre Jr.

ChocoPro #160 - 9/26
HM: BestBros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs Egg Tarts (Chie Koishikawa & Shinno Hagane)

AEW Dark Elevation 9/27
HM: Tall Paul vs CPA, VSK & RSP
POTYC: Bryan Danielson

AEW Dark 9/28
HM: Carli Bravo & JDX vs Private Party
HM: Leila Grey vs Kiera Hogan
HM: Jake St. Patrick & Ryzin vs Cezar Bononi & Adrian Jaoude
HM: Darius Lockhart vs Ricky Starks
HM: Reka Tahaka vs Julia Hart
HM: Matt Sydal & Dante Martin vs Aaron Solo & QT Marshall

AEW Dynamite 9/29
MOTYC: Jungle Boy vs Adam Cole
HM: Cody & Lee Johnson vs Dante Martin & Matt Sydal
HM: Dark Oder & Orange Cassidy vs HFO
MOTYC: Miro (c) vs Sammy Guevara - TNT Championship

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

g1 Sept 30 HM: Ishii vs Tanga Loa
MOTYC: ZSJ vs Great O'khan, Shingo vs KENTA

g1 Sept 29 HM: Tama Tonga vs tanahashi
MOTYC: Okada vs YOSHI-HASHI

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
NJPW Summer Struggle
2021/08/27
HM
Robbie Eagles vs Master Wato

Very good, Wato is improving.

Hiromu Takahashi vs DOUKI
This didn't need to run that long, but it got pretty good once DOUKI started tapping into his inner babyface.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Jeff Cobb vs Tama Tonga G1 Climax 31 01.10

Jeff Cobb doing Jeff Cobb things is always great, and Tama is still in overperforming mode. Just good stuff all around.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
21st September
AJPW Super Deluxe Series Night 5
Kento Miyahara vs Zeus

MOTYC
21st September
AJPW Super Deluxe Series Night 5
Triple Crown
Jake Lee vs Suwama

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs Taichi G1 Climax 31 01.10

A bit slow to get going, but the fireworks factory was eventually reached and it was great.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW G1 Climax Night 8 October 1st
HM
Jeff Cobb vs Tama Tonga
- Just keep putting Cobbo in situations where he shows how freakishly strong he is. Fiery babyface Tama Tonga was very fun too

Taichi vs Yoshi-Hashi
- Started good, then lost me in the middle, then got really good again when they started lariating the hell out of each other

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs SANADA
- The Ace can always be counted on to suck us in and dilate time

The worst show so far, nothing was exactly bad but it was just fine the whole way through. Didn't help that the crowd weren't as loud as some of the others this tour

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs SANADA G1 Climax 31 01.10

Ol' man Tana continues to prove that he's the Ace of the Universe and the best ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs SANADA G1 Climax 31 01.10

Second, that match saved an otherwise lackluster night for me, even the quiet crowd couldn't resist the allure of the Ace :shobon:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's already got the votes, but more for my own records

AEW Dynamite #103 Grand Slam September 22nd
MOTYC
Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson
- The best AEW match i've seen this year, and my second favourite behind Bucks/FTR from last year. Was hurt slightly by knowing the result going in so didn't bite on any of the nearfalls. Danielson looked great considering he hadn't wrestled in months, and I particularly enjoyed how ripped up his chest was from Kenny's strikes. This is definitely a step up from Kenny's match with Cage from last month, all his stuff looked great except for the snap Dragon on the ramp and the follow up V-Trigger which I was eh on. Didn't hear time calls over the crowd so it was kind of out of nowhere when the commentators said 45 seconds left, definitely didn't feel the length

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

It's December 4th, and you know what that means!

Top 20 MotYC Participants (21 with ties)

The race is for second place now, with four wrestlers grouped tightly enough so that it's anyone's game, particularly with the Bucks injured. Shingo would really need to show up in some tag matches during Road to Tokyo Dome, though, so we'll see.

Debuting on the list this month: Eddie and Dax Harwood (with a bullet, since he had 3 MOTYCs). Dropping off: Mox, Baliyan Akki, Emi Sakura, and Ryo Mizunami.

We also have a new best night co-champion: Full Gear saw 7 MOTYCs to join Double or Nothing.

19: Kenny Omega
14: Nick Jackson
14: Matt Jackson
13: Shingo Takagi
12: Miyu Yamashita
11: Kota Ibushi
10: Rey Fenix
10: Zack Sabre Jr.
8: Kazuchika Okada
8: Darby Allin
8: Jungle Boy
8: PAC
8: Mei Suruga
7: Maki Itoh
7: Will Ospreay
7: Dax Harwood
7: VENY
7: Tomohiro Ishii
7: Chris Brookes
7: Penta El Zero M
7: Eddie Kingston

Top 19 HM Participants (and 15 tied at 7)

Hyper Misao, Matt Hardy, Minoru Suzuki, Rika Tatsumi, and Shoko Nakajima have dropped off the list; Nyla Rose and Orange Cassidy have arrived. Honorable mention to the American Dragon, who had 4 HMs this last month.

15: Penta El Zero M
12: Darby Allin
11: Nick Jackson
11: Jungle Boy
11: Matt Jackson
11: Rey Fenix
11: Matt Sydal
10: Hiroshi Tanahashi
10: Dante Martin
9: Maki Itoh
9: Jon Moxley
9: Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D.
9: Orange Cassidy
8: Taichi
8: Evil Uno
8: SANADA
8: Nyla Rose
8: Nodoka Tenma
8: Miu Watanabe

Bryan Danielson, Cody Rhodes, Hikari Noa, Hyper Misao, KENTA, Luchasaurus, Matt Hardy, Minoru Suzuki, Miro, Riho, Rika Tatsumi, Shoko Nakajima, The Blade, The Great O-Khan, and Tomohiro Ishii are all tied at 7 HMs.

Charts

Administrivia

These numbers are generated by some hacky code. There's a configuration file which expands tag teams into individual members and accounts for wrestlers who have been nominated under more than one name; it also catches matches in which the participants aren't individually listed, like battle royales. Feel free to let me know if I've gotten anything wrong there!

Thanlis fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 4, 2021

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I Only Live Twice 2 - 10/01
HM: Saki Akai & Rina Yamashita vs Mei Suruga & Yuna Mizumori
HM: DJ Nira vs Ken Ohka
HM: Gorgeous Matsuno & The Brahman Brothers vs Team CDK (Chris Brookes & Masa Takanashi)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hirooki Goto vs. Jeff Cobb, G1 Climax, 9/29

I'm falling behind, but that's my 800th rated match of the year, so I'll take it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
6th September
Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix Night 10
Konami vs Syuri

MOTYC
6th September
Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix Night 10
Takumi Iroha vs Tam Nakano

Of the 6 5☆GP matches I have at MOTYC, 5 have been from the Blue Star Block. Probably not a surprise that the group with Syuri & Iroha & Tam & Hayashishita.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 2, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is awesome, thanks Thanlis!

Jesus Christ May, get your poo poo together! Your little brother June is making you look bad :colbert:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Fred Yehi vs. Matthew Justice, AAW Alive, April 24 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXnr1T3Fmrw

This was a fantastic brawl that everyone needs to check out. It goes against type for Yehi, and Justice looks really good too.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Danielson vs Nick Jackson, Rampage, 10/1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

Agreed, really drat good and I think they could easily have an even better one. The spot where Bryan got progressively angrier and Nick got progressively more concerned as he was kicking the poo poo out of him was so great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 10/1

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Nick Jackson
HM: Jade Cargill vs. Nyla Rose vs. Thunder Rosa
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Jack Evans, Hair vs. Hair

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
MOTYC
Jungle Boy vs Adam Cole [Dynamite 9/29]

HM
TNT Championship: Miro(c) vs Sammy Guevara [Dynamite 9/29]
Bryan Danielson vs Nick Jackson [Rampage 10/1]
Hair vs Hair: Orange Cassidy vs Jack Evans [Rampage 10/1]

good stuff this week from our friends at a e dub. i was also a big fan 16-man tag match but i can't in good conscience say it was much more than a big spectacle clusterfuck with some good spots a satisfying ending. but i mean, those are great every once in awhile.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Agreed. The thing I loved the most were the clear call outs to ZSJ and Ishii. And we get to see both of those matches in the future and it's gonna be great.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

AlmightyPants posted:

Agreed. The thing I loved the most were the clear call outs to ZSJ and Ishii. And we get to see both of those matches in the future and it's gonna be great.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm not great with ZSJ and most of my Ishii knowledge is beefy square boy with no neck who does great stiff elbows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanlis posted:

It's October 1st, and you know what that means...

Top 20 MotYC Participants

Top 20 HM Participants

Just so you know, this has ALREADY changed, as:

TriffTshngo posted:

MOTYC
Jungle Boy vs Adam Cole [Dynamite 9/29]

Gave that match the 7th vote it needed to be upgraded to MOTY! Oh the fun of tracking this stuff! :)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nth. Delightfully physical and energetic. A little gem of a match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Renaissance Spam posted:

Could you elaborate on this? I'm not great with ZSJ and most of my Ishii knowledge is beefy square boy with no neck who does great stiff elbows.

Sabre is a UK trained submissions expert and there are few better at joint manipulation. A lot of the limb work Danielson was doing was reminiscent of him.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 10/1

HM: Jade Cargill vs. Nyla Rose vs. Thunder Rosa
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Jack Evans, Hair vs. Hair

Also

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Nick Jackson

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Nick Jackson, AEW Rampage, 01/10
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Jack Evans, AEW Rampage, 01/10

Lamuella posted:

Sabre is a UK trained submissions expert and there are few better at joint manipulation. A lot of the limb work Danielson was doing was reminiscent of him.

And the no-selling/leaning into your strikes thing is very Ishii

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Nick Jackson
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Nyla Rose vs Jade Cargill
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Jack Evans

All from AEW Rampage 01.10.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Just so you know, this has ALREADY changed, as:

Gave that match the 7th vote it needed to be upgraded to MOTY! Oh the fun of tracking this stuff! :)

The amount of work you do on this is nuts. I was impatient to show off the graphs; for future months I’ll probably give it a few days before updating that post. :)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
G1 Climax September 29:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tama Tonga
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. YOSHI-HASHI

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Nick Jackson
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Nyla Rose vs Jade Cargill
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Jack Evans

All from AEW Rampage 01.10.

I will second these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Don't think I need to add a MOTYC nod to Kenny vs Bryan but that was the best TV match I've seen in years and the best Bryan match and the best Kenny match I've seen in years too.

Here's some stuff from SEAdLINNNG yesterday

MOTYC: Las Fresas de Egoistas (Asuka & Makoto) (c) vs. Nanae Takahashi & Hiroyo Matsumoto for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Shinjuku FACE (9/22)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVByhV_moUg

The Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship has been on a hot streak since Best Friends (not Chuck & Trent) won the belt last year, and is arguably the most important belt in the promotion (at least to the point where they feel comfortable sending the singles champion to AEW until the end of the year). This continued that streak and was one of the best matches of that streak. Hard hitting with some incredible near falls. Makoto is easily one of the most improved wrestlers in recent years (though it's kind of funny she's achieved that improvement by working with a wrestler ten years younger than her).

HM: Ryo Mizunami (c) vs. Yuu for the Beyond the SEA Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG Shinjuku FACE (9/22)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjwnuKumIKQ

This wasn't as good as the tag team championship match, but was still very good if you like big meaty men women slapping meat. Ryo is so cool and even if the result was a foregone conclusion, Yuu held up her end of the match very well.

Finally got around and caught this show so can 2nd both these.

Also

HM
22nd September
SEAdLINNNG Shinjuku FACE
Arisa Nakajima & Rina Yamashita vs. Hanako Nakamori & Tsukasa Fujimoto