Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Arzachel posted:

I mean, the button could just not come out like in old Melty and Uni. They're not a big deal though and it takes maybe a day to get used to.

Yeah it's definitely not a huge deal or anything. It's just a little annoying since my execution has never really been terribly clean

Overall a minor annoyance, at least in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The thing that really fucks me up with Melty's combos is needing to jumpcancel the airthrow at the end to access your oki. The timing on that is so weird and hard.

Maybe that's just a red arc thing though since her go-to oki setup is iad backwards air fireball.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Arc 236[A] is a blockstring special, it pulls them close and is like +14ish so if you use all your buttons you can steal another turn.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Blaise330 posted:

I wonder if this'll be like DBFZ where month 1 everyone was begging for a way to turn off autocombos cause they wanna mash, then they learned turning them off would actually be nerfing yourself no matter how much of a pro you are.

i mean maybe but if so that's even worse

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Well DBFZ's autocombos had unique properties that weren't on the 'regular' versions of the normals which is why they were useful in combos.
MBTL has the unique rapid beat normal as the second hit in the autocombo but then every other hit is an ordinary normal attack with all the same properties and frame data as if you input it manually.

like doing 5BBB (launch) BB jumpcancel BBB in MBTL has the exact same properties as doing 5BB 3C (launch) BC jc BC Airthrow, which is the 'normal' combo that the autocombo is replicating. The only unique part is that second hit of the 5BB.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

MBTL actually has intrinsic crossup protection whenever you're blocking high. You can only crossup against low blockers or shielders.

I appreciate everyone dropping these interesting tidbits for me while I’m out for the weekend and unable to test the game myself. This is very cool to know.

I’ve become weirdly addicted to crossup bullshit since getting into anime fighters at the start of covid, and shoulder slamming into people with Miyako is pretty much my entire gameplan for when I get home next week.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can make any blockstring safe if you're close enough by reverse beating into 5A or 2A. You'll be -1 or something but you can jumpcancel to continue pressure I guess? That's the Melty way. Ending blockstrings in specials is a huge trap / bad habit coming from other games.

Is this why the Shiki I was playing against ending his block strings into whiff 5A almost every time?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

poe meater posted:

Is this why the Shiki I was playing against ending his block strings into whiff 5A almost every time?

Yep. The French Bread Classic™. You see it in UNICLR too.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So Arc's 236A or B, is one of these hits an overhead? I remember one Youtuber saying such but it didn't seem that way to me in training mode. But I can't figure out why so many people are getting hit by the last hit of the rekka unless they just are pushing buttons not thinking I'll do the third hit on their block (I don't give a gently caress I'll do it again)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MechaX posted:

So Arc's 236A or B, is one of these hits an overhead? I remember one Youtuber saying such but it didn't seem that way to me in training mode. But I can't figure out why so many people are getting hit by the last hit of the rekka unless they just are pushing buttons not thinking I'll do the third hit on their block (I don't give a gently caress I'll do it again)

occam's razor, they're definitely mashing thinking you won't go into the third hit of the rekka

i get hit by third hits of rekka all the time because im a fighting game pollyanna

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

MechaX posted:

236BB 4B, the 4B is the overhead. It has a delay before it comes out where just BBB comes out quick.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kouma sure feels real bad against the maids, particularly with Kohaku in front.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/manlyplant/status/1444185172673384452?s=21

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Are any of the Blood Roar titles besides 2 worth playing?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

In Training posted:

I'm curious what the reception to this game is like. No thread for it on SA right? What are Melty gods feeling this fine Saturday. I'm into the game but it definitely feels...odd. Or incomplete or something. The sprites are beautiful though

I love it but it doesnt seem like its gonna be popular enough for a thread. It's so nice having a new game where I can have free movement again.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
the last smash brother

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The thing that really fucks me up with Melty's combos is needing to jumpcancel the airthrow at the end to access your oki. The timing on that is so weird and hard.

Maybe that's just a red arc thing though since her go-to oki setup is iad backwards air fireball.

Can't you just hold up-back while mashing the dash macro while red arc is in her airthrow animation to avoid having to time it?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah I realized the next day that it was way easier to do than I thought -- the reason it was failing every time I tried it in matches was because I didn't realize it costs your doublejump and you can't do it if you already spent the jump earlier in the combo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

https://twitter.com/al_rikir/status/1444903803095068673

https://twitter.com/bdtetra/status/1444906628508123141

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So anyone been keeping up with the UMvC3 fanmod scene? There's been this guy who's been modding in characters like Shadow Lady and Evil Ryu with tweaked movesets and new specials. There's some crazy stuff here.

You get stuff like this: https://twitter.com/tabs_mvc/status/1444091256280322054
And then something like this: https://twitter.com/tabs_mvc/status/1443779153426370562
And then you go from that to this: https://twitter.com/trinNY_DAD/status/1442331578844262400
And then there's THIS: https://twitter.com/tabs_mvc/status/1444721417979846659
Really wants me to get into playing mods

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Disposable Scud posted:

Are any of the Blood Roar titles besides 2 worth playing?

3 and Primal Fury are the ones - they're extremely similar games but Primal Fury's the version people tend to play online, mostly due to better emulation I think.

BR1's a little basic, BR4's trash.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

3 and Primal Fury are the ones - they're extremely similar games but Primal Fury's the version people tend to play online, mostly due to better emulation I think.

BR1's a little basic, BR4's trash.

last i checked BR3 was just a mess of desyncs and poo poo when emulated (if you even managed to get it to run at 60 fps at all) but I guess it might be playable now? apparently it's still rough on the ol' PC though. primal fury just sorta runs on dolphin fairly flawlessly and the netcode Just Works so yeah people just play that one instead. except the japanese arcade scene, they actually have cabs for 3. and i think the vietnamese scene plays 2 for some reason

anyway there's a bloody roar discord with all the information about how to set up poo poo for netplay and they've even got a dude who uploads match footage to youtube regularly if you've ever wanted to check in on how this basically-kusoge-sorta plays

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Does anyone here know much about DBFZ? I think the thread is dead but I wanna pick up like baby's first good team but I don't know where to start. What's like, a good pick/pool to pick from to make a team with good point/assists?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Glagha posted:

Does anyone here know much about DBFZ? I think the thread is dead but I wanna pick up like baby's first good team but I don't know where to start. What's like, a good pick/pool to pick from to make a team with good point/assists?

Bardock is probably the easiest point character to build around. He plays well with basically any beam assist, and he's good with SSJ Vegeta too, and SSJ Vegeta's one of the better anchors. Bardock/anyone with a kamehameha/SSJ Vegeta is a really solid team. Bardock/Cell/SSJ Vegeta especially is a staple team where all the characters are pretty easy to play and work together really well.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Shinji2015 posted:

So anyone been keeping up with the UMvC3 fanmod scene? There's been this guy who's been modding in characters like Shadow Lady and Evil Ryu with tweaked movesets and new specials. There's some crazy stuff here.

Wow yeah what a crazy guy, who would even bother at this point?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

So anyone been keeping up with the UMvC3 fanmod scene? There's been this guy who's been modding in characters like Shadow Lady and Evil Ryu with tweaked movesets and new specials. There's some crazy stuff here

i have a feeling that a giant nerd made this

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

whoever they are, they must have hundreds of girlfriends (who are NOT legos)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Have no idea who that guy could be

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
im tabs

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im tabs

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they seem like a real piece of work that's for sure

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

i agree it is very cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I checked out the pc version of melty but my stick didn't work and it felt like it was running kinda weird. Might buy on sale on console down the line, i had fun with the short bit i played but just on first impression, unist grabbed me much more than this does.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

I checked out the pc version of melty but my stick didn't work and it felt like it was running kinda weird. Might buy on sale on console down the line, i had fun with the short bit i played but just on first impression, unist grabbed me much more than this does.

that's just waldstein's range

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Good one

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

It's a lot of fun, but UNIST/UNICLR are definitely the better games, at least in my book.

I kinda get the same vibe from playing MBTL as I did from playing BBTag, it's just a really fun game but not overly complicated which is perfect for getting my moneys worth and then revisiting from time to time later on

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah I'm enjoying Melty and I'll mess around with it for a month but UNIEL felt a lot less loose and better. I'm a huge type moon fan though so I much prefer Melty's cast and Arcueid feels infinitely better then she did in the old games.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

having a great time with melty even if its mostly just me getting washed in ranked. kouma feels great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/1443879155787972610

loling at ono pretending to have made melty. he isnt even in the credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/1443879155787972610

loling at ono pretending to have made melty. he isnt even in the credits

Wait, Ono is at French Bread or Arc Sys? What the hell