Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

you can see the flight paths in the lower left

It's also probably a response to this

https://twitter.com/jmsdf_pao_eng/s...umber%3D946pti1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Jesus christ.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Finally found the answer to what kind of drug dealer tries to kill their clients.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Finally found the answer to what kind of drug dealer tries to kill their clients.

if cops were good at anything they wouldn’t be cops

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/eleanormia/status/1444971362481750019

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ding ding ding

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-yor...6m2i-story.html

FBI raids NYPD sergeants union Manhattan headquarters

:thunk:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

some of those that work forces, are the same who sell narcoticses

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

officer-involved overdoses

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

we had been led to believe that cops will spontaneously combust if anywhere in the vicinity of fentanyl so they must have has some really crazy rube goldberg device to distribute it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
remember the kid those cops injected full of ketamine then killed him? wonder what happened to them

werent they cbus too ?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
elijah mcclain? They actually threw some charges at them last month much to everybody's shock

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/1033289263/elijah-mcclain-death-officers-paramedics-charged

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
all cops are loving bastards

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stereotype posted:

all cops are loving bastards

theyre a state sanctioned organized crime gang

if they didnt have FOP and government protection they would literally drown under racketeering charges

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the punishment for abuse of power should be the most severe that exists. negligent homicide is what you get charged with if you kill someone drunk driving. those pig fucks racistly targeted a random child and then abused their near unlimited power and tortured him to death in broad daylight. that deserves capital punishment far more than any crime where it actually gets used.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
real weird how a cop can be felled by just looking at a bag of ketamine but dang they went here and pumped five hundred milligrams of it into that skinny kid to 'calm him down'

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Stereotype posted:

the punishment for abuse of power should be the most severe that exists

Yep, I have always felt the same way. The police, being entrusted with maintaining public safety, should literally be held to a higher standard of behavior than regular citizens, and the consequences when they commit illegal acts should be much stronger. A policeman killing someone is objectively worse than a random person off the street doing it and the penalties should reflect that.

Like, the penalties for an airline pilot trying to fly a passenger jet drunk are much harsher than a random person getting in his car and driving drunk. This makes sense. We don't say "oh well the airline pilot is an expert so if he's flying drunk, he knows what he's doing and there was a good reason for it and we can't question his actions." Why do we do it with the police?

Dante teaches us that the deepest circle of hell, below even the rapists and murderers, is reserved for traitors and betrayers.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 5, 2021

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

kitten emergency posted:

if cops were good at anything they wouldn’t be cops

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
cops are happy fun ball

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

*taps thread title and nods*

https://twitter.com/bradleyonishi/status/1429120712141246467?s=21

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
It just dawned on me that the best part if ben garrison dies of covid will be the no-holds-barred Kelly generated in response

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
a friend of mine used to be a cop. he does not speak kindly of his former colleagues or the state of the profession in general.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

satan: entices people to his cause by being compassionate

god:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

satan: entices people to his cause by being compassionate

god:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

a friend of mine used to be a cop. he does not speak kindly of his former colleagues or the state of the profession in general.
* not a profession

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

* not a profession

i was being fancy.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Stereotype posted:

the punishment for abuse of power should be the most severe that exists. negligent homicide is what you get charged with if you kill someone drunk driving. those pig fucks racistly targeted a random child and then abused their near unlimited power and tortured him to death in broad daylight. that deserves capital punishment far more than any crime where it actually gets used.

amen

committing a crime when in a position of public trust that is a violation of that public trust—abuse of power or position, accepting a bribe, tampering with evidence, committing an unlawful search, etc.—should be an automatic sentence enhancement, and the only thing makes one eligible for capital punishment

serial killer? maximum punishment life in prison

small town mayor takes a minor bribe? hope it was worth it because they need to convince a judge not to hang them

big city PD engages in a systematic coverup of evidence tampering? every single individual involved is facing death row

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

i was being fancy.
we started reading mini logins fancy nancy books and i feel a dangerous crop is being sown

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

eschaton posted:

amen

committing a crime when in a position of public trust that is a violation of that public trust—abuse of power or position, accepting a bribe, tampering with evidence, committing an unlawful search, etc.—should be an automatic sentence enhancement, and the only thing makes one eligible for capital punishment

serial killer? maximum punishment life in prison

small town mayor takes a minor bribe? hope it was worth it because they need to convince a judge not to hang them

big city PD engages in a systematic coverup of evidence tampering? every single individual involved is facing death row

you sound like a communist

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a real tankie over there. yikes!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

he's gonna win a bigger majority next election

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

bump_fn posted:

We're gonna find out Boris was hired thru a talent agency as a spoiler candidate and fell up, and now the mask is falling and he's going back to his "local improv class" acting roots.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

he’s going to show to the next press conference in drag

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

bump_fn posted:

i mean he has no competition, so, yeah

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bump_fn posted:

sometimes i think the us presidential campaign comes back around too quickly and then i look at what happens when the uk has to deal with a tory pm for five years and think maybe it should be three or even two for us presidents

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

COVID is never going away, so we get to have this argument every 6 months until complete climate collapse in 5 years

or sooner once the vaccine immune variants show up

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

loving snopes both had facebook's attention and was warning them about what was coming

https://twitter.com/snopes/status/1445832685134307329?s=20

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

loving snopes both had facebook's attention and was warning them about what was coming

https://twitter.com/snopes/status/1445832685134307329?s=20

i'm so thankful to have snopes.com here to help protect democracy like this, through direct action. patriots in the same class with steak-ums™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Broken Machine posted:

i'm so thankful to have snopes.com here to help protect democracy like this, through direct action. patriots in the same class with steak-ums™

a while back i learned that snopes.com is considered by chuds to be a deep state propaganda machine.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 6, 2021