Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You guys, looking at a nuanced and thorough meditation on what we leave behind for those who follow us: lolsorandom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What game is good? The one that plays itself while you look at robot girls panties? Naw, that one was actually a bad game. And a mildly interesting story. With better than average music. And PS2 era looking graphics on PS4 era hardware.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm playing through it now and enjoying it well enough, imagine my surprise to learn the game is actually terrible

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waltzing Along posted:

What game is good? The one that plays itself while you look at robot girls panties? Naw, that one was actually a bad game. And a mildly interesting story. With better than average music. And PS2 era looking graphics on PS4 era hardware.

Lmao

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nier 1 didn't gel with me but I know it has a huge fanbase so more power to the people who it gels with.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Protagonists still talk to themselves non-stop and games are still full of too-obvious tells to let you know exactly where you are allowed to actually go.

Absolutely. There are elements of that era that persist to today, especially in AAA Sony blockbusters. Thankfully, there's a lot more diversity in the games being produced these days. Also developers have more confidence in their players. Remember the shitshow Hitman Absolution? We'd never have got the excellent Hitman trilogy if Absolution wasn't so openly reviled.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Arist posted:

You guys, looking at a nuanced and thorough meditation on what we leave behind for those who follow us: lolsorandom

That's still alive and well in Fortnight.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I liked Nier Automata but I've heard Replicant is worse and they're still trying to charge a lot of money for it so I didn't buy Replicant yet

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i'm obsessed with bond games, i don't think there was a single one for PS4 :'(

Oh yeah, Everything Or Nothing was a good song, too. Good game, for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxSNa8mndE

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQueLYI1Ljs

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

E: ^^ :lol:
I was going through the Bond movies and this theme just floored me - so loving good!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFaJWqVcv8k

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

E: ^^:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSO6K5Y6aTw

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Arist posted:

:keke:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

E: ^^ :lol:
I was going through the Bond movies and this theme just floored me - so loving good!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFaJWqVcv8k

I did say earlier:

VideoGames posted:

Best bond track is On Her Majesty's Secret Service by John Barry.

:)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat good taste. I think I love the bass track in there - sounds so cool.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PS the Lazenby doc is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9wdJIxqlo

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Arist posted:

No game is good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone play that Jett Far Shore game yet?

What’s people’s thoughts on Farcry 6?

I don't mean to overstate this because the last gen Far Cry already looked pretty great, but I expected it to look a bit better.

And it seems because of the larger map, some areas have gotten less attention than they otherwise would've. I saw a little islet with completely unconvincing geometry, the kind you'd expect out of FC3, not a sequel a decade later.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 7, 2021

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Far Cry 6 is fun a couple hours in imo. Still good video game junk food.

I got it on PS5 over PC since I thought it would look better in 4k, but I guess they probably didn't do much over the last gen version beyond performance. Just kinda looks like a PS4 game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The footage they’ve showed so far looks very last gen, even running on PS5/SeriesX

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
SkillUp was very lukewarm to it and it doesn’t look fun or interesting at all

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The only thing of note I've seen of Far Cry 6 on the internet is that it has a cockfighting mini-game with Tekken aesthetics and the Tekken guy went on Twitter going "hey that's cool"

Bust Rodd posted:

SkillUp was very lukewarm to it and it doesn’t look fun or interesting at all

And that dude loves himself some open world stuff, so yikes that's a good indicator.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
do you kids like movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q6UGCyHZCI

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I'm only an hour in but I'm digging FC6. Like the new setting, 60fps is great for a longtime console player of the series. Sure at heart it's more of the same but if you're a FC fan I think it makes a good first impression at least.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Duran Duran > a-ha

However, Living Daylights > A View to a Kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXM4eIoPZUU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Gonna skip farcry this time around unless I literally have nothing else to play

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Nier is good. Automata I couldn't get into for some reason but it's still good. Buy all the Nier games.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

AcidCat posted:

I'm only an hour in but I'm digging FC6. Like the new setting, 60fps is great for a longtime console player of the series. Sure at heart it's more of the same but if you're a FC fan I think it makes a good first impression at least.
It's 60 on consoles? I heard it wasn't...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Akuma posted:

AFAIK it’s 30 on the older ones but 60 on the new ones.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Akuma posted:

Yeah, playing on PS5 of course.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Detective No. 27 posted:

PS360 gen definitely has its own aesthetics but I think it'll be more remembered for its game design ethos. Lots rooms full of knee high walls, campaigns designed around co-op/AI partners. Protagonists talking aloud to spoon feed players obvious hints. Binary morality choices. Clear markers that tell the player where to go at all times. PS360 generation is defined by the general lack of respect for the player's intelligence. Dark Souls was meticulously designed as the antithesis of everything that generation was known for, so it's no wonder it became the phenomenon that it was.

i've been replaying the arkham trilogy and there's this weird design hump where asylum gives you minimal hints, knight will eventually give you hints if you linger enough or try to do something suicidally dumb, and city will have batman actively yelling the solution at you for any puzzle that you don't solve in 30 seconds

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Has there been any news on a PS5 version (or patch) for the RE2 remake? I'm guessing a Halloween sale is coming up and I'd like to play it, but if a full PS5 version is in the works I won't spend the money yet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wolfsheim posted:

i've been replaying the arkham trilogy and there's this weird design hump where asylum gives you minimal hints, knight will eventually give you hints if you linger enough or try to do something suicidally dumb, and city will have batman actively yelling the solution at you for any puzzle that you don't solve in 30 seconds

It was so jarring when I went to replay BioShock after beating Arkane!Prey and spending a few moments to admire the view in some places then the game immediately splashed GO TO THIS PLACE DOWN THE STAIRS on the center of the screen. They really had zero faith in a lot of people back then.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

DO IT TO IT posted:

Has there been any news on a PS5 version (or patch) for the RE2 remake? I'm guessing a Halloween sale is coming up and I'd like to play it, but if a full PS5 version is in the works I won't spend the money yet.
There hasn't and I doubt there will be at this point.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Capcom is not doing a lot of ps4 to ps5 versions of their older games so I really don't expect that from them. New games going forward, sure.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Cool, looking forward to playing it this Halloween then, assuming a PSN sale does happen!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Far Cry 3 was a pretty sweet game for its time really, I got sucked in big by the whole "definition of insanity" trailer, played up till not long after you got the wing-suit, it had a fun kinda check-list style about it but god the story was whack, never did get 4 or 5

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Ugh I HATED that. I remember Uncharted did it as well, I think you could change the level of hints it gave but yeah that's a really annoying thing in games. I THINK one of the Tomb Raiders did it as well?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, Shadow had a setting for how much Lara talks to herself during puzzles. It's even fine-grained enough that there are separate lines of dialog for vague and specific hints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DO IT TO IT posted:

Did this game run better on ps4 pros? If so that is prob all we will get. Still want to replay it at some point.