Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SniperWoreConverse posted:

there's no possible way k6bd invented this, i swear i've heard this mantle & core terminology before, because i've had irl conversations like 7 years ago that used it. Mabe abbadon made it up independently, maybe it was some unremembered offhand thing that resurfaced, but i'm willing to believe k6bd is not the first time this construction has been used. Maybe i'm just having linguistic deja vu or something.

e: after i first saw that page i started trying a bunch of google searches and even trying to find obscure etymologies of "mantle" and poo poo but came up empty handed

It is so strange seeing k6bd invading CSPAM UFO thread like this.

I mean, other than in every single post I make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Vomik posted:

what am i wearing :wink:

socks, and nothing else

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Wheee, time to start a SA remote viewing group!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

yes...i can see into the russian facility...there's a document

"what does it say?"

it says...bofa

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
all i see is a deep dark pit and... no wait, there's a shiny ring.

are you holding a copy of the hobbit? no? humm....

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

all i see is a deep dark pit and... no wait, there's a shiny ring.

are you holding a copy of the hobbit? no? humm....

Talk about forced perspective

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I still can't believe I saw one of these things lmao

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Bilirubin posted:

It is so strange seeing k6bd invading CSPAM UFO thread like this.

I mean, other than in every single post I make

let's just hope they're scouts for the third conquest because if not we're right hosed

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Vomik posted:

what am i wearing :wink:

A luscious neck beard. Goons are easy targets.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

i told u bro, i warned u

https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1447551933338853379

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Bilirubin posted:

welcome to the club

hopefully more goons get to see triangles, cigars, tictacs, saucers, etc

it's worth it even if we never get real disclosure or answers

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

boots on the ground??

the peanuttys are invading??

:ohdear:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
here's Chewbacca and his pet warewolf

https://twitter.com/sandiawisdom/status/1448446521461116929

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Tekne posted:

welcome to the club

hopefully more goons get to see triangles, cigars, tictacs, saucers, etc

it's worth it even if we never get real disclosure or answers

Its crazy, I have tens to hundreds of hours of sky observation time, both meteor showers and telescope time, but nope, shitposting about UAPs on SomethingAwful makes this thing appear.

Of course it didn't happen until Lowtax was gone :thunk:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

neutral milf hotel posted:

boots on the ground??

the peanuttys are invading??

:ohdear:

the p'nti marines are here to kick rear end and smoke grass

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The empress is a better fate than the shadowy fuckers!!! The aliens are book factions

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Bilirubin posted:

Its crazy, I have tens to hundreds of hours of sky observation time, both meteor showers and telescope time, but nope, shitposting about UAPs on SomethingAwful makes this thing appear.

Of course it didn't happen until Lowtax was gone :thunk:

You joke but yeah, engaging with the phenomenon, regardless of belief, seems to correlate with seeing poo poo.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

SavageGentleman posted:

no you do it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Azathoth posted:

You joke but yeah, engaging with the phenomenon, regardless of belief, seems to correlate with seeing poo poo.

would not be surprised if birds were only undetectable to people who don't think they exist

which confirms all birds are all bisexual

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

and theres alien bisexuals
some say they summon them by themselves

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Azathoth posted:

sorta like a placebo effect

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I didn't know Robert Z'dar was a p'nti but it's right there in the name I guess

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

How do I practice "Remote Viewing"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
binoculars and a nudist beach

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

no not that!!!!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SavageGentleman posted:

I am ready

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I’m not well versed in this world so I need to ask how legit is hemisync? Came across it here iirc through some fed leak.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

im going to remote view groverhaus

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Riot Bimbo posted:

How do I practice "Remote Viewing"

One way is using the uniform sensory field, which was developed out of sensory deprivation experiments. I dunno if it's actual remote viewing, but it's supposed to help reveal PSI aptitude or some poo poo like this.

With sensory deprivation tanks your brain is pretty much only exposed to internal feedback loops, the "ganzfeld" is similar to this but easier to set up. You don't need an expensive custom tank with temp and salinity control, and it doesn't neutralize all sensory information. Ganzfeld experiments don't actually deprive you of sense info, but instead provide a neutral, uniform "field" of inputs.

So instead of being dead black darkness, it provides a uniform red light that has no gradients no matter where you move your eyes. Instead of being silent you have all audio replaced with grey noise at a comfortable volume. The body is in a relaxed, neutral position.

You can shittily rig this up using a cell phone and decent headphones that you set up to play the noise, and go into your photo gallery to look at an image that's #ff0000 on the whole screen with max brightness. You basically close your eyes, let the red light flood thru your eyelids, and wait. You're supposed to be relaxed and open minded to receiving information, and do it for like a 1 or 1/2 hour or so.

I've done it and after a while the red gets replaced with black, then some kind of indistinct geometric shapes and animals, and I started seeing detailed poo poo, people I know talking to each other and with people I don't know, and stuff like that. It didn't work for audio because some rear end in a top hat had these barking dogs and my headphones weren't good enough, and the times where I was getting a lot of outside sounds I also didn't get whole visual scenes. For me it was really difficult to know how much time was going by and i set up a phone alarm so i wouldn't actually be in there for 4 hours or anything.

Probably this is just the brain trying to find something to attach to when there's nothing in front of it and no pattern, but it's weird as hell. Kind of dreamlike. I noticed after doing it that my hearing and vision seemed sharper for like a day after but that could be placebo. I wouldn't compare it to eating acid or anything like that.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

blatman posted:

im going to remote view groverhaus

be careful

i dont know if the architecture is truly noneuclidian but some viewers have reported being confused by odd electrical patterns and the high density of the material under the stairs

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

skewetoo posted:

I’m not well versed in this world so I need to ask how legit is hemisync? Came across it here iirc through some fed leak.

Not sure. I have some of the recordings but haven't done anything with them beyond a cursory listen. There was a study showing that they can lesson the amount of anesthesia during surgery? I think that's what this is saying.

https://associationofanaesthetists-publications.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1046/j.1365-2044.1999.00958.x

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hemisync is either a gift to mankind or some supremely evil poo poo there is no middle ground lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Klaatu barada nikto

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I can't find a decently long hemisync source that isn't full of new agey whooshes and swishes and soft synth arrangements 😡

valp
Aug 31, 2018

The CIA/DOD were actual participants in gateway experience, see document CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5. That's from 9 June 1983. If astral travel is real (it is) then of course the CIA would take it over, try and get Hemisync tapes from before that date as they're less likely to be edited.

Here's a guy on reddit who claims he saw secret service agents in the astral realm protecting the president. He also claimed to be blocked from some other secret government installations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

quote:

Hemi-Sync is a trademarked brand name for a patented process[1][2][3]

Ten words in sounds fake as gently caress

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Ten words in sounds fake as gently caress

there's three whole citations though!

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

"Mind Trek" by Joseph McMoneagle is a fun RV book that details the author having his world view shattered by a connection to the source after a near death experience and his subsequent path down honing a latent remote viewing ability that occurred thereafter. He doesn't try and produce any explanations for why exactly it appears to work when it does, only noting that it does work (for him), but like the discussion of engaging with the phenomena above, only appears to kick in if you truly believe it's possible.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

:tinylue: on AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mSbULDkgEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

im going to remote view the winning lottery numbers and use the money to buy groverhaus