Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

infernal machines posted:

some canadian rear end in a top hat

i believe in canadian it's spelt "asshoule"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
also have u noticed u never see ted cruz and boxturret in the same room at the same time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no, but now that you mention it, that is pretty suspicious

i can't believe the zodiac killer doxxed xtal

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Weatherman posted:

also have u noticed u never see ted cruz and boxturret in the same room at the same time

ngl my favorite hobby is watching ted cruz and boxturret in the same room at the same time

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

infernal machines posted:

texas: alaska for people who aren't ashamed of what they've done

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SubG posted:

yeah, sand hill exchange. you know your crypto exchange is doing well when the top google results are sec filings:

so yeah bucket shop with a side order of fraud

the best part was when they knew they were being investigated by the SEC and made a taunting blog post detailing how most of their traffic was coming from the SEC offices

quote:

In total, these users have spent 64 hours, 6 minutes, 26 seconds (and counting!) engaging with our site between March 10 and May 14. Over 96 hours if you include time on the blog and the founder’s personal website. This is more time than our team spent building the drat web page. We have clearly achieved product-market fit with this demographic.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

cumshitter posted:

the best part was when they knew they were being investigated by the SEC and made a taunting blog post detailing how most of their traffic was coming from the SEC offices

Is this akin to Chris Hanson himself pretending to be a young girl to catch predators online? Like frosty had a lot of customers, but all the work to keep it going every day was done by the cops investigating him.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Weatherman posted:

don't see you at the same time either though:thunk:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

i think this was even a thread title before but this quote popped up again

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1446557189338898435

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

fisting by many posted:

i think this was even a thread title before but this quote popped up again

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1446557189338898435

upthread i found this gem
https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1445999473847517184

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Wow... and here I was thinking my opinion of Ted couldn't drop any more.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
coiner math dot jpeg

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

drk posted:

coiner math dot jpeg

ah yes, the good old "if we sell a tooth brush to just 1% of the population of china we'll be billionaires!" business plan

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i was really happy when news about those guys maybe possibly solving the zodiac killer case was trending on twitter, and the sidebar said "trending with: ted cruz"

sometimes twitter is Okay :unsmith:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Unlike power plants that serve the grid, bitcoin mining isn’t critical infrastructure—no one dies if a crypto data center shuts down.

well i assume the mob probably kills a few people as a result but less people die, sure

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i mean... they were involved in crypto, right?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Viscous Soda posted:

Wow... and here I was thinking my opinion of Ted couldn't drop any more.

Not bad for a self-organized collective of slimy single-cell invertebrates in human shape, but not convincing as a human.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

el salvador.....2!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1448639492294909954

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

is there something in the water down there?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
all the sewage because of sunny day flooding

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

have they developed the machine that can convert bitcoins back to electricity yet? seems a bit important if you want to replace the electrical grid with bitcoins

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

have they developed the machine that can convert bitcoins back to electricity yet? seems a bit important if you want to replace the electrical grid with bitcoins

They've added it to the wiki

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
*burns a bunch of crap, points at the ashes*

I used energy to do this so this is an energy store

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1447019181707120643

digital nft sweatshops! i know digital sweatshops have been around since like everquest but it's somehow still always surprising.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

"oh boy, i got a raise today!"

*the next morning*

"poo poo, my salary was just cut in half"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Suarez further said he wants the city to be able to hold bitcoin on its balance sheet, which is not currently allowed in the state of Florida.

“If we would’ve been able to hold it from the moment that I put the resolution on the agenda, it’d be up by 30 or 40 percent, so I would have looked like a genius back then,” Suarez said.

lmao ok, what do you look like when it goes down though

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

look if you had just allowed me to invest the entire city budget in magic beans like i demanded, and they grew into a huge beanstalk that i climbed up, and then i stole a goose which laid golden eggs from a giant, i'd look like a genus! typical government over-regulation :rolleyes:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

The commission agreed to accept donations from MiamiCoin, which the city launched in August with CityCoins, Inc., a nonprofit that which allows municipalities to create cryptocurrencies, Business Insider noted.

wait what

"every individual city gets its own currency" is such a useless and unworkable idea humanity abandoned it thousands of years ago but okay, sure

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

what is the motivation for this poo poo anyway? just because something is theoretically possible some idiot is always going to suggest it?

it doesn't seem to have any conceivable upside, even if you're some how trying to rip off your employees it doesn't seem to make sense

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chalks posted:

what is the motivation for this poo poo anyway? just because something is theoretically possible some idiot is always going to suggest it?

it doesn't seem to have any conceivable upside, even if you're some how trying to rip off your employees it doesn't seem to make sense

the upside is number go up at the news, which is good for whatever bitcoiner paid into his campaign fund to get him to say this dumb poo poo

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The_Franz posted:

"oh boy, i got a raise today!"

*the next morning*

"poo poo, my salary was just cut in half"

"my pay was sent to 1RealButtcoinAddress42069 instead of 1RealButtcoinAddress420G9"

"lol too bad"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1446953744344576000

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Depressingly Realistic Dungeon Crawler

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gear rental for tradable high level items became a thing in daoc during its darkest, most grindy period

this era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opl77bP7vbY

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

you go to buy new armor. it costs more money than you've ever seen in your life. the lord of the manor pays for it because you're basically his property anyway, one step above peasant. the armor takes a year of real time to forge. it is unbelievably heavy and incredibly hot. you die from the black death and complications due to bloodletting.

create new character?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they always get so exicited over the idea of being the person who gets to sell their super special sword for millions but never imagine the absolute nightmare the game will be if you have to pay large amounts of real money for items

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh, I dunno, Mary-Kate, maybe renowned Nintendo Game A Link Between Worlds? :smuggo:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

none of those items are swords

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

njsykora posted:

none of those items are swords

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

they always get so exicited over the idea of being the person who gets to sell their super special sword for millions but never imagine the absolute nightmare the game will be if you have to pay large amounts of real money for items

it's precisely the tipping fantasy all over again

"I will finally be compensated adequately for my excellent [reddit comments/video game ability], and I don't have to change anything! certainty I won't be the one paying anyone else! all of society will suddenly want to pay for these things... except for me"