Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I am tired but you should find the spec sciprt people did of gang storms capitol it was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ajaxify posted:

You did a good job with this. I can hear Charlie doing those lines in my head.

Thanks! Think they'd hire me? I wouldn't

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Capitol turkey, government jerk.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Just saw a casting call for Frank doubles for shooting here in Ireland, unfortunately I am no Frank double but I am interested in what the gang get up to in ye olde Emerald Isle.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Just saw a casting call for Frank doubles for shooting here in Ireland, unfortunately I am no Frank double but I am interested in what the gang get up to in ye olde Emerald Isle.

Dennis and Mac get Frank to pay for a trip to all of them so Dennis and Mac can learn about Irish culture to make Paddys more authentic (they just want to drink a lot and bang hot Irish girls/guys), but Dee noses in and keeps trying to get more material for her terrible Irish character. Meanwhile Charlie and Frank search for the Leprechaun's hometown and stumble upon an Irish Frank doppelganger.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Frank's Cousin

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

1glitch0 posted:

Dennis and Mac get Frank to pay for a trip to all of them so Dennis and Mac can learn about Irish culture to make Paddys more authentic (they just want to drink a lot and bang hot Irish girls/guys), but Dee noses in and keeps trying to get more material for her terrible Irish character. Meanwhile Charlie and Frank search for the Leprechaun's hometown and stumble upon an Irish Frank doppelganger.

We need Irish Roxy

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

potee posted:

We need Irish Roxy

A lilting Irish "shut up baby dick"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus Christ I had completely forgotten about "Crazy Paddy" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPJqOgOfoho

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

That scene is from one of the episodes removed from Hulu. Martina Martinez and Taiwan Tammy were too much for the world.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

oh jay posted:

That scene is from one of the episodes removed from Hulu. Martina Martinez and Taiwan Tammy were too much for the world.

Well now who's going to pick up our orange sodas and grape sodas when we throw them on the ground?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

I love when she reprises Crazy Paddy for their Paddy Wagon idea and she's berated so much she starts being a sad drunk beaten wife version of an Irish woman and Dennis is like "I don't know if you're still doing a thing or if this is just who you are now".

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

watching “The Mick” again and despairing that it didn’t last longer than it did. The “degen adjusts to having a decent lifestyle due to having to suddenly care for her rich family” thing couldn’t last forever, but it was so perfect.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So Charlie Day gets to be Luigi and they leave Danny DeVito hanging

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So Charlie Day gets to be Luigi and they leave Danny DeVito hanging

"When I'm dead, throw me in the trash"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

bridge-a-jeans-a number one

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you could have Old Man Wario, sort of like you had Old Man Snake.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Nintendo couldn't handle the implications.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

the escape goat posted:

watching “The Mick” again and despairing that it didn’t last longer than it did. The “degen adjusts to having a decent lifestyle due to having to suddenly care for her rich family” thing couldn’t last forever, but it was so perfect.

the episode where she wins all her money back gambling and they were like "were we supposed to learn something from this?" was fantastic

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Chips sandwich making montage killed me when I saw it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I still laugh thinking about,"STAY IN SCHOOL, BEN!" :lol:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Food Boner posted:

:same:

I've watched that almost as many times as I've watched Sweet Dee slap the gently caress out of the buzzer when they went on the family feud game show

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Food Boner posted:

It's right up there with Charley being poisoned by his constituents. I laugh uncontrollably every time I see it.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I watched "America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest" and realized that Frank has no motivation whatsoever to hold the competition other than he's twisted.

The billboard has already been put up, a male model was never going to be on it. The female models were already chosen.
He's not getting paid to do it.
He's not doing it to spite Dennis because he goes out on a "stud hunt" before allowing Dennis into the competition, and Mac is the one that convinces him to let Dennis in.
He's not interested in the women, he gives them to Mac.

The only explanation is he's doing it just to shame a bunch of male models.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Gorson posted:

I watched "America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest" and realized that Frank has no motivation whatsoever to hold the competition other than he's twisted.

The billboard has already been put up, a male model was never going to be on it. The female models were already chosen.
He's not getting paid to do it.
He's not doing it to spite Dennis because he goes out on a "stud hunt" before allowing Dennis into the competition, and Mac is the one that convinces him to let Dennis in.
He's not interested in the women, he gives them to Mac.

The only explanation is he's doing it just to shame a bunch of male models.

I might need to rewatch it, but I always assumed that it started with no billboard (though Frank already had his idea) and the gang wanted to have their input. So They come up with the modeling idea, which they all support because "more busty babes." Frank sticks with the guys so he can make sure Dennis stays distracted (and has to do multiple embarrassing things), and while the gang isn't looking he has his billboard put up anyways.

Much like the pickle party episode where Frank shows Dennis the ropes of manipulating the crew so he just distracts 'em all while he does what he wants.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Pickles will prevail.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Recently got into this show with my husband and somehow ended up on Season 8 already.

What an experience.

I really love how characters are hosed up enough that it's the first time a sitcom answers a question of "why don't the character ever change". The trash recycling episode was even a play on it about how they don't move forward as people and will never become better.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

There is actually lots of character growth in Sunny

It's all isolated to Mac, during season 7.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Antiquated Pants posted:

I might need to rewatch it, but I always assumed that it started with no billboard (though Frank already had his idea) and the gang wanted to have their input. So They come up with the modeling idea, which they all support because "more busty babes." Frank sticks with the guys so he can make sure Dennis stays distracted (and has to do multiple embarrassing things), and while the gang isn't looking he has his billboard put up anyways.

Much like the pickle party episode where Frank shows Dennis the ropes of manipulating the crew so he just distracts 'em all while he does what he wants.

Someone else pointed out there is a line at the end where Frank says something to the effect of "I decided to put up the billboard when you called me ugly", I must have missed that. So like most Frank plans it's about 80% shaming a group of people for his own entertainment and 20% some secondary scheme that was in progress anyway. Frank doesn't need to see someone eat a poop sandwich and it doesn't further his cause, he just really really wants to.

Vookatos posted:

Recently got into this show with my husband and somehow ended up on Season 8 already.

What an experience.

I really love how characters are hosed up enough that it's the first time a sitcom answers a question of "why don't the character ever change". The trash recycling episode was even a play on it about how they don't move forward as people and will never become better.

There has been more than one episode where they are self aware enough to try to improve themselves. Ironically this push is usually brought on by Dennis, probably the most broken and uncompromising one of the group. There's one episode where they end with "let's just forget this all happened and go back to the way we were, agreed?" all because Frank shows up in a man-cheetah costume that Dennis finds impossible to resist even though he calls the idea absurd earlier in the episode.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I really like the running gag with them only having one cassette tape where they record all their insane poo poo.

Can't believe they recorded the pyramid scheme video over Mac's badass series though.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Vookatos posted:

I really like the running gag with them only having one cassette tape where they record all their insane poo poo.

Can't believe they recorded the pyramid scheme video over Mac's badass series though.

Every time they show the video and you get those leftover cuts is just comedy gold.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Man, season 12 is really weak so far.

Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer might be my least favorite episode so far. Aside from pretty fun lovely Borat by Mac, it's all bad cat jokes about the most boring character.
The Gang Turns Black and Cricket's Tale are fine, but I doubt I'll be itching to rewatch them.

I also feel like it's the edgiest season so far. Gang Turns Black and PTSDee have some hosed up endings that I wasn't a fan of. But I guess it was only a matter of time for this show to have a few of those. I can see how other people might say the same thing about episodes I found incredibly funny.

Old Lady House, Hero or Hate Crime (another example of edgier stuff), and The Gang Tends Bar are all great, though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this is one of my favorite sequences on the show, but maybe it's because I know someone that interacts the exact same way as charlie on ketamine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3heFj9v3Sy8

also frank having a burp attack, running away, getting legal advice from a cabbie and then deciding to go back in because of the food is so drat funny

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Vookatos posted:

Man, season 12 is really weak so far.

Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer might be my least favorite episode so far. Aside from pretty fun lovely Borat by Mac, it's all bad cat jokes about the most boring character.
The Gang Turns Black and Cricket's Tale are fine, but I doubt I'll be itching to rewatch them.

I also feel like it's the edgiest season so far. Gang Turns Black and PTSDee have some hosed up endings that I wasn't a fan of. But I guess it was only a matter of time for this show to have a few of those. I can see how other people might say the same thing about episodes I found incredibly funny.

Old Lady House, Hero or Hate Crime (another example of edgier stuff), and The Gang Tends Bar are all great, though.

You’ll find yourself singing “What are the Rules?” and be watching that episode over and over in no time.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I remember enjoying Making a Murderer but I watched it when people were still talking about the doc so I'm not sure how well it holds up. I like pretty much all of the other episodes mentioned though.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Super Deuce posted:

You’ll find yourself singing “What are the Rules?” and be watching that episode over and over in no time.
Oh no, I think it has fantastic songs, but unlike similarly catchy Nighman it doesn't hold up as a comedy for me.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Vookatos posted:

Oh no, I think it has fantastic songs, but unlike similarly catchy Nighman it doesn't hold up as a comedy for me.

Why don't you leap on up to the third floor? Someone poo poo all over the dining hall.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

best song is still go gently caress yourself imo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Z knowing what is happening immediately is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQnYmC4-_1c&t=47s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao yeah! Z is one of my favorite characters (and tbh i love how they have bit parts come back over the years in always sunny, most 20-min sitcoms dont explore that enough)

also just foudn this, to help people pick favorite songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGpGVDhuFk