Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil posted:

We are posting enemies now.

pineapple is great, but not on pizza.

if you want to go to war over this fact, well, prepare to lose everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

better than pineapple

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I don't mind it on pizza, but pineapple belongs in curries and salsa more.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
At first I interpreted the pancakes as plantains and was "Hmm, yeah, that could work. What are the little tiny things in the middOH MY GOD"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Zero_Grade posted:

I don't mind it on pizza, but pineapple belongs in curries and salsa more.

wow,

wtf

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
never had pineapple in curry, might need to experiment.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pineapple, jalapeño, and hot sauce is the best kind of pizza

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ah, the sinner's pizza.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Ah, the sinner's pizza.

Brunch-crimes

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

uber_stoat posted:

It's great. It's also great in fruit curry, i.e. pineapple, mango, grapes, bananas, raisins if you want, with ginger and curry powder, steamed.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess the main issue with pancakes as a topping is that they themselves are meant to be vessels for other flavors rather than dry on their own. Like putting tortillas, oatmeal, or mashed potatoes on a pizza.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Pineapple is great in Thai Red Duck Curry along with lychees and cherry tomatoes.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

SlothfulCobra posted:

I guess the main issue with pancakes as a topping is that they themselves are meant to be vessels for other flavors rather than dry on their own. Like putting tortillas, oatmeal, or mashed potatoes on a pizza.

I had a pizza that used garlicky mashed potatoes instead of tomato sauce for the base, and it was shockingly good. The toppings were the kind of thing you'd put on a baked potato, cheddar, scallions, caramelized onions, etc

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

oh poo poo, the 4 carb-horsemen

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My brother in law made homemade calzones using leftover thanksgiving ham and he gave me one!

It had pineapple in it. I thought he was better than that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LifeSunDeath posted:

pineapple is great, but not on pizza.

if you want to go to war over this fact, well, prepare to lose everything.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Sorry for the late thread title change, I've been slacking on this thread. I had to mess with it a bit to get it to fit.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

i guess i'm just prejudiced as i grew up as a neglected semi-feral for a stretch and if you come from that you have to figure out a few basic methods of food prep. when i run into someone who doesn't even know how to boil water i wonder how the gently caress that even happened.

I once saw my buddy’s roommate heat water for his tea by putting the (filled) mug on a sauté pan on the stovetop. I’ve never been more baffled in my life.

My mom and her mom both hate(d) cooking with a passion; Nanny either ate out or heated up frozen White Castle burgers after Granddaddy died and she didn’t have to housewife anymore, and my mom’s signature dish was baby carrots boiled in water, butter, and brown sugar. I’ve never seen my dad cook anything other than plain ramen with no egg or nothin, noodles with butter, or grilled salmon (luckily my stepmom is an excellent cook and introduced me to things like bell peppers and green beans). When I started dating my now-husband in college, I *somehow* managed to ruin Kraft mac and cheese, so he started teaching me the basics of cooking. Now I cook for a living and just take over the kitchen whenever I visit either of them, lest I die inside watching my mom hack at an onion with a serrated knife.

For the record, I’m a total Pizza Hitler and my favorite is jalapeño, bacon, and pineapple :getin:

Second fav is sausage, ricotta, and giardiniera. I have nothing but pity for those without access to giardiniera or proper Italian sausage.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Pizza Hitler would probably do more German-style pizza crimes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

SlothfulCobra posted:

Pizza Hitler would probably do more German-style pizza crimes.

Are those candles or cheese sticks?

Also where did the bottom crust go, there is just a wide hole in the middle there?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think it might be white asparagus.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Asparagus, and the hole is to put your dick through and see if the guests (blindfolded) cant tell it apart from the asparagus stalks, obviously

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Pineapple belongs in coleslaw

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

donquixotic posted:

[Record scratch]

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

donquixotic posted:

you son of a...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Pineapple mac salad, for your tropical garbage plate

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

Pineapple mac salad, for your tropical garbage plate

No evil is too great not to exist in this hellworld. The amount of pictures you get searching for "pineapple macaroni salad" is overwhelming.

So is the number of results for pineapple slaw, but those pictures just look like regular slaw.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

steinrokkan posted:

No evil is too great not to exist in this hellworld. The amount of pictures you get searching for "pineapple macaroni salad" is overwhelming.

So is the number of results for pineapple slaw, but those pictures just look like regular slaw.

Jesus, the amount of watery mayo in there could supply the Northeast's Burger Kings for months.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"Taste even better than it looks."

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's me, the guy who doesn't like mixing sugary fruit with non-dessert food. No strawberries in my salads, no mango salsa, no thanks. Bread and butter pickles make me want to puke.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

uber_stoat posted:

Goes very well with stuff like coconut milk, cashews, etc. There's a ton of recipes out there, most simple and at least decent.

Aardvark! posted:

"Taste even better than it looks."

A bar so low a flea would struggle to limbo under it, and even then I'm skeptical.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Illuminati pizza.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Captain DIEgiene posted:

Although the upside was seeing how incredibly disgusted he got upon seeing even the most basic raw meat, never having been around it personally :v:

One of my old GMs in a pizza resturaunt was beyond disgusted when I told that that steaks are muscles. She understood that it came from cows, but thought...idk.. that that you kill the cow and there's a bunch of precut NY strips just tumbling out.

She was in her 50's and a genuinely great lady.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
seeing a lot of interesting steaks today :crossarms:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Who among us hasn't enjoyed a good old all American steak tartare sammich

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Captain DIEgiene posted:

Who among us hasn't enjoyed a good old all American steak tartare sammich

what ... tha.. that's just a full cooked steak. steak tartare? :psyduck:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

what ... tha.. that's just a full cooked steak. steak tartare? :psyduck:

The half on the left just looks raw, and I forgot that tartare was a different style of preparation. It was a bad joke and I apologize to the thread

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I.. think that might be a T bone somebody cut in half with a laser or something, not sure what that weird thing in the middle is otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Inventing the concept of laser cutting a bone-in steak sandwich because fat and gristle in meat is just unthinkable