Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

The conches are part of the "post-game" mini-storyline you can do on the island after finishing the main quest and lifting the fog. Walk around the island at night, if you haven't already.

More exact spoiler: The conches are part of the sidequest for the ghost named Shitoki. Most of them just give you random beach detritus, but four of the conches have fragments of a treasure map; go speak to Shitoki when you have all four. The map fragments aren't RNG drops like the Tatarasuna conches; so you can look up their locations online if you want.

ah cool, I found that just now. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Blitzed through the archon quest for the event. Though it was pretty rushed, I still quite liked the ending sequence. Unfortunately Sara and the resistance pretty much job for the grown-ups...

I would have preferred if the Shogun had a bit more justification for the Vision Hunt. As it is she kind of just gets baited into it, then talked down by her friend like a chump. One thing that wasn't obvious to me: who actually hands out Visions? Is it the Archon, or whatever's going on in Celestia? They kind of hint at something there with with Ei cutting herself off from Celestia but I don't know what exactly that means. Also, rather than hand-waving about wishes and ambitions, I suppose Visions are for people who are particularly obsessed/determined, right? According to the story the vast majority of people aren't affected by the Hunt and so don't care, despite presumably having normal lives with normie-sized ambitions. Hell, maybe Ei would've made that argument if she hadn't spent centuries indoors ruining her communication skills :v:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Redmark posted:

Blitzed through the archon quest for the event. Though it was pretty rushed, I still quite liked the ending sequence. Unfortunately Sara and the resistance pretty much job for the grown-ups...

I would have preferred if the Shogun had a bit more justification for the Vision Hunt. As it is she kind of just gets baited into it, then talked down by her friend like a chump. One thing that wasn't obvious to me: who actually hands out Visions? Is it the Archon, or whatever's going on in Celestia? They kind of hint at something there with with Ei cutting herself off from Celestia but I don't know what exactly that means. Also, rather than hand-waving about wishes and ambitions, I suppose Visions are for people who are particularly obsessed/determined, right? According to the story the vast majority of people aren't affected by the Hunt and so don't care, despite presumably having normal lives with normie-sized ambitions. Hell, maybe Ei would've made that argument if she hadn't spent centuries indoors ruining her communication skills :v:

we don't know who hands out visions, but we know that Archons aren't involved. Raiden voice line: "Really? So in all this time, no new Electro Visions have appeared in the outside world? Well, what I can say on this topic is subject to certain constraints, but... it is not by my will that Visions are granted or denied. The key is people's desire, and... well, there's another side to it too."

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Redmark posted:

Ei didn't oppose the Vision Hunt Decree mainly because she sees visions as damaging to the people who receive them. Their ambitions grow too much for them, and they die early deaths as a result. She feels this way due watching her friends and her sister die, chasing after a more prosperous Inazuma, and feels only the unchanging Eternity is what will truly protect Inazuma. As visions are born of people rejecting eternity and seeking greater heights, she sees fit to take them away. She's very much the "omnipotent god looking down on the puny mortals" type character. Only when those very ambitions are wielded by the Traveler and she (and her Eternity) is defeated by them, does she admit that she was wrong, and reverse her stance on the Vision Hunt Decree. She still pursues Eternity, but one that can coincide with the ambitions of the people of Inazuma.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Hazdoc posted:

Ei didn't oppose the Vision Hunt Decree mainly because she sees visions as damaging to the people who receive them. Their ambitions grow too much for them, and they die early deaths as a result. She feels this way due watching her friends and her sister die, chasing after a more prosperous Inazuma, and feels only the unchanging Eternity is what will truly protect Inazuma. As visions are born of people rejecting eternity and seeking greater heights, she sees fit to take them away. She's very much the "omnipotent god looking down on the puny mortals" type character. Only when those very ambitions are wielded by the Traveler and she (and her Eternity) is defeated by them, does she admit that she was wrong, and reverse her stance on the Vision Hunt Decree. She still pursues Eternity, but one that can coincide with the ambitions of the people of Inazuma.

What I'm not quite clear on: was she wrong, about that first thing? I mean that's an objective yes/no statement, right? I feel like that ties into the question of where the gently caress Visions come from, and whether they're cause or effect.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Redmark posted:

What I'm not quite clear on: was she wrong, about that first thing? I mean that's an objective yes/no statement, right? I feel like that ties into the question of where the gently caress Visions come from, and whether they're cause or effect.

We don't have an objective answer to that. To the traveler, the resistance, and most vision holders, having a Vision is a good thing, that should be protected. To the commoners, they are ambivalent or jealous of vision holders. To Ei (and Dainsleif), visions are dangerous or problematic. We don't know if there's any baggage attached to them so far, but based on what we've seen, there's definitely more under the surface. We're unlikely to see anything concrete about this for now, though. We don't even know how visions are handed out, and who does it! It almost certainly has something to do with the "allogenes" Venti mentioned to us previously, and how some Vision holders can ascend to Celestia.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Hazdoc posted:

We don't have an objective answer to that. To the traveler, the resistance, and most vision holders, having a Vision is a good thing, that should be protected. To the commoners, they are ambivalent or jealous of vision holders. To Ei (and Dainsleif), visions are dangerous or problematic. We don't know if there's any baggage attached to them so far, but based on what we've seen, there's definitely more under the surface. We're unlikely to see anything concrete about this for now, though. We don't even know how visions are handed out, and who does it! It almost certainly has something to do with the "allogenes" Venti mentioned to us previously, and how some Vision holders can ascend to Celestia.

Ah, I mistook you to mean the Visions have physical effects like the Delusions. All of this makes sense.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boat Stuck posted:

I'm still using Noelle as my main 2 months in because with her I (usually) never have to heal

Her talents scale really well as she ascends.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i'm still real mad over the fact that the videogame is literally named "genshin impact" and yet they translated "genshin" to "allogene" instead of leaving it as is
good thing that word hasn't been mentioned once since the release archon quests

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

looks like the bubble does deal physical damage but they put a cap on it (30,000 healing) so it doesn't totally break with qiqi. works with overhealing too.

Here's hoping they take that loving cap back off. Let a character be good for a change, dammit. It's not like they put a limit on how much extra damage is permitted through VVs resistance shredding.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i'm still real mad over the fact that the videogame is literally named "genshin impact" and yet they translated "genshin" to "allogene" instead of leaving it as is
good thing that word hasn't been mentioned once since the release archon quests

:same: for both reasons you stated.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Redmark posted:

I would have preferred if the Shogun had a bit more justification for the Vision Hunt.

It's not just her being baited into it. The Khanriah incident plays a role in it, as mentioned in the closing cutscene (start at 1:33:45).
"...But I've seen a nation stride forward and lose everything to the Heavenly Principles. Perhaps if only time stands still, will the lightnings glow never fade. Only Eternity can bring us closer to the Heavenly Princples." ...
It's an attempt at avoiding trouble with Celestia, since the unchecked human ambition of its people provoked the ire of Celestia. She wants to avoid the problem of Erosion in the pursuit of her divine ideal and needs to remove herself as a liability, but without a gods supervision, human ambition would inevitably lead to another Khanriah. It kinda makes sense for someone that is very literally stuck in her own head.
In one of her character screen voice lines, she admits that the Khanriah incident scared her and she's specifically afraid of something she refers to as "That Thing". This might just refer to the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles, since the closing cutscene also shows her cubes floating around in the destroyed nation.
I would assume there's some additional pressure from Celestia that hasn't been made explicit quite yet.

Not sure how much of a follow-up to the archon quest there might be. They've been tying up some loose ends in sidequests, incidental NPC dialogue and character quests. The traveler never really gets around to getting straight answers out of the archons. Morax takes his NDA too seriously and Barbatos is a no-show that wants to avoid awkward conversations.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 17, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

this abyss is miserable, everything on 12-3 runs away from you, including the ruin grader if you don't immediately hug his knees when he spawns

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Traded in ER/ER/Skill for real buffs (Burst/Crit/ATK) and the difference was night and day (like 40 seconds). Did have to reset once due to ending 12-2 with awkward energy, though.

Learned another thing about the floating assholes: aimed shots don't need to be charged to deactivate them

I have mixed feelings about this rotation. It's super annoying dealing with the AI's RNG moveset, but satisfying when it does work out. It doesn't feel unfair aside from RNG deciding to gently caress you in chamber 2. I definitely prefer it to them throwing 1 big sack of HP at us.

World first 9* Aloy :toot:

No Wave posted:

EDIT:

Prototype amber mona is real.

Thanks for reminding me about Prototype Amber. Made me be more thoughtful about how to incorporate Kokomi into my rotation.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I got 6 stars on my first pass at floor 12, and that's just fine. I'm not gonna spend another minute dealing with that mess in 12-3.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Having wayyyy too much fun with this. Stuck in a bit of a dilemma though.
I hit AR35, and I have the quest to complete to raise my world level again. Problem is, I'm struggling with the world-bosses for mats to ascend characters already. I'm not sure if increasing the world level would be a smart idea.

I've been using Kaeya/Xiangling/Beidou, and bouncing between Noelle and Barbara depending on what I need.

I've got XQ levelled up a bit as well.

I also rolled a couple of times on Kokomi's banner, and ended up with her and a Rosaria. Can't ascend Kokomi as I haven't made it to Inazuma yet either. Also just rolled a Yanfei and a Sayu, and still have a Sucrose whom I haven't levelled up yet.

edit - can't spell character names correctly

Siochain fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 17, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBNOlt_xMrc

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Assuming they are both R5 is the Inazuma craftable bow or Rust better for Yoimiya? Or is there a different better four star out there otherwise?

I've reached the point that she's my last pyro character to max friendship on and wanna give her a fair go.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
R5 Rust. I think it's better than every 5 star other than Thundering Pulse?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Siochain posted:

I hit AR35, and I have the quest to complete to raise my world level again. Problem is, I'm struggling with the world-bosses for mats to ascend characters already. I'm not sure if increasing the world level would be a smart idea.

I've been using Kaeya/Xiangling/Beidou, and bouncing between Noelle and Barbara depending on what I need.

I also rolled a couple of times on Kokomi's banner, and ended up with her and a Rosaria. Can't ascend Kokomi as I haven't made it to Inazuma yet either. Also just rolled a Yanfei and a Sayu, and still have a Sucrose whom I haven't levelled up yet.

The longer you put it off the more likely you are to have the same problem again. I'd spend a couple days resin getting your carry and their weapon to your current level limit. Maybe someone strong against the boss you need to farm to do that, too. Everyone else can wait, it's faster to farm on a higher world level once you can handle it, and leveling your carry and their weapon is the fastest way to get there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Siochain posted:

Instead of leveling a bunch of people up, I'd advise making a core team and leveling them. If you're bouncing between like 7-8 units this early on they're all gonna wind up a bit underpowered.

Also, level your artifacts if you aren't. At this stage, the stats on them are largely more important than trying to make a set, so just grab whatever purple artifacts you have with decent offensive stats on them and pump them full of every other artifact you have. It'll bump your damage up drastically and it isn't a waste or anything because leveled artifacts can be fed into other artifacts to regain most of the EXP, and without a significant mora cost, so you really aren't missing out on anything. Look for crit rate/crit damage, Damage for the element type they are, ATK, that sort of thing.

Based off who you have already leveled I'd go Kaeya/Barbara/Xiangling/Xingqui, with Kaeya doing his best to be the main DPS. This team also has the advantage of Xiangling being able to cover for Kaeya not being able to do much to the cryo bosses and Barbara/Xingqui being able to cover for the fire bosses. Though the water boss can be a pain in the rear end if you don't have an archer/non hydro catalyst leveled and she summons the birds.

Be sure you're leveling talents, too. You don't need to worry about, say, leveling Barbara's basic attack, but the DPS increase off leveling Xiangling's ult is pretty significant.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Well that was a fun time so when's Sumeru launching, next patch?

It's next patch, right?

Yeah, that has to be it

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I don't know what's coming next patch but before Sumeru we're probably going to get The Chasm and Enkanomiya as explorable areas.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know complaining about over the top clothes in this kind of game is silly and there's probably worse examples, but I find the dissonance with how kujou sara dresses and acts to be particularly jarring.

Entirely unrelated question, tapping attack with a bow fires quick shots and holding it fires aimed shots. Does an aimed shot already do more damage than a rapid shot or does it have to charge more to do that? Having not leveled Aloy she does like single digit damage either way so it's hard to tell.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

More details about the leaked healing set

Sounds like a good time. Could be a lot of fun to run on Jean, making her burst a mini version of Eula. She'd have to give up VV, but that's not too important in a Xiao team, right?

Acerbatus posted:

Entirely unrelated question, tapping attack with a bow fires quick shots and holding it fires aimed shots. Does an aimed shot already do more damage than a rapid shot or does it have to charge more to do that? Having not leveled Aloy she does like single digit damage either way so it's hard to tell.

The talent details list the multipliers for each hit of the sequence ("X-hit DMG"), uncharged shots ("Aimed Shot"), and fully charged shots. It depends on the character, but typically uncharged shots have a strength in between the first hit of a chain and the last.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 17, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
New teapot layout isn't that good. Too many ugly dirt patches, lightning stays dark through dusk/dawn, and the areas are so spread out that even max-height stone platforms with buildings on top aren't visible from other areas.

Welp there goes my entire sunday morning

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Siochain posted:

It depends on which part you're struggling with. If it's with surviving on the bosses, there's no real substitute to learning the patterns (or rather the most dangerous specific attacks) and dodging. For instance every time my world level increases I fail a bunch of attempts relearning the Childe fight.
But at least in my experience the main challenge was outputting enough damage to not hate yourself. In the beginning you can pretty much do whatever you want and it'll work, but as the world level increases you become more and more reliant on specific synergies and skills, with everything else becoming marginal.
For example, one approach with your characters is to focus on Xiangling/Xingqiu and relying on vaporized Pyronado. Then nothing else really matters, and it becomes a minigame of building up enough energy to burst when you don't have ER bonuses to work with. But whichever team comp you use it's gotta do something good, because putting up random elemental skills on cooldown just doesn't cut it any more and you don't have the stats to be able to just mash buttons.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

gandlethorpe posted:

Sounds like a good time. Could be a lot of fun to run on Jean, making her burst a mini version of Eula. She'd have to give up VV, but that's not too important in a Xiao team, right?

The talent details list the multipliers for each hit of the sequence ("X-hit DMG"), uncharged shots ("Aimed Shot"), and fully charged shots. It depends on the character, but typically uncharged shots have a strength in between the first hit of a chain and the last.

the new set's healing stored caps at 30k, but apparently the damage ignores resistances? So its ~27k every 3.5 seconds, if you have enough healing going on. Not going to suddenly break the meta, but its not bad. This damage is in an AoE, too, and also heals again when it pops, so for Jean it can be a double-dip in healing. Kokomi and Qiqi will obviously desire it for straightforward reasons. Honestly it'll probably do more damage for Jean than a set focused around boosting her E damage, but most Jeans not running VV run Noblesse instead, so it'll be a niche choice for sure.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they removed the hilichurl camp from the 2x2 mage leyline in inazuma :mad:

I get why, right after the second screenshot the dendro samachurl almost instagibbed raiden somehow

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Huh, all the leaks with reliable tag were true so far but so much of it is kinda hard to believe. Works even when the healer is off field, ignores defense(do any of the current prcos do so?), works with overhealing, decent aoe. Almost too good to be true.

It does give much more reason to actually invest in your healers so that's very welcome.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Just thought about typing up my thoughts for newer players wondering which characters to use early on focusing on a different line of thinking, exploration quality of life. One of the reasons why I think this is important is because it's always possible to grind out levels/talents/artifacts later on for characters to do harder challenges but having a smooth experience exploring makes the game a lot more fun without having to constantly switch characters in the party menu.

When you are exploring early game there are several attributes that you want your team to be able to cover. Some examples of this are:

• Breaking ore
  • Activating fire torches
  • Activating pinwheels
  • Activating elemental pillars (lightning and fire are most common, wind/geo/cryo less common, hydro very rarely)
  • Collecting items that require specific elements
  • Shooting down plant bubbles
  • Hitting Ruin enemy weakspots
  • Healing to let you keep going in the field without constantly returning to statues/eating a bunch of food
  • Killing animals for food
  • Keeping pressure plates weighted down
  • Dealing with Fatui elements

Notably, it's impossible to cover all these bases with a single set of four, but the more boxes you can cover with a single slot the less you'll have to constantly go into the party member to swap things in. So for an example, take Amber. She's often thought of as pretty low-tier in terms of damage output but S-tier in terms of exploration. And if you look at the number of things she covers when exploring it becomes obvious why. She can handle the fire torches/pillars without waiting for a skill cooldown, the bubble plants, ruin enemy weakpoints, sniping animals for food, keep pressure plates weighed down with Baron Bunny, and melt the ice plants for some gathering. Sayu is another example. She can mine ore, heal the party to keep them going for extended exploration, activate Anemo pinwheels, and has a nice movement skill for long treks in the overworld.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think it can be useful to know, but not as a guildeline for characters to invest in. exp and resin should still go to characters you just like playing, and the partners that make them stronger/better. if a problem is solvable with a simple character swap, it's not so large that you should be making a 180 to level Amber just because she's inherently good at torch puzzles, a quality that will not improve with investment anyway.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Leveling characters you like playing isn't bad advice, but in the long terms, there will be a ton of fights you just want to be over, so leveling an effective team is useful just to get past that and back to fun content. I don't think XQ is that fun to play, since he mostly takes the field, fires his skill or ult, and then leaves, but it's undeniable how quickly he makes mince meat out of enemies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can break ore just with a sword or spear character's jump attack. theres really no need to run a claymore or ninguang just for that.

sayu is definitely one where she has so much utility that if you have her early id recommend keeping her around, especially since you can just stick the crappiest VV set on her possible and still have a decent character for even AR45, because VV is that strong, but still. Sayu is a case where she is both useful for exploration and can mostly fulfill the same purpose as Sucrose, a fairly meta character, as opposed to Amber. Any time you save in exploration with Amber as one of your main 4 will be lost in how useless she is in combat without significant high-end investment that a player trying to get through the game won't have the capability to do.

And the way you deal with Fatui elements is mostly just 'having an element,' something every character in the game does. You can argue some fatui elements are more common than others but still.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Funfact, the damage off this will be affected by Superconduct. Raiden/Qiqi is about to become meta.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sanctum posted:

New teapot layout isn't that good. Too many ugly dirt patches, lightning stays dark through dusk/dawn, and the areas are so spread out that even max-height stone platforms with buildings on top aren't visible from other areas.

Welp there goes my entire sunday morning

More people should post their teapot's, because it's nice to look at them but I am absolutely terrible at in game decorating for everything.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Endorph posted:

Funfact, the damage off this will be affected by Superconduct. Raiden/Qiqi is about to become meta.

Hmm, maybe I won't regret leveling Qiqi to 70 while trying to make her a freeze support for Tarty

Can someone with a built Qiqi give a rough estimate on how much her Q heals per tick? Is reaching the 30k cap within 3 seconds feasible?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

RareAcumen posted:

More people should post their teapot's, because it's nice to look at them but I am absolutely terrible at in game decorating for everything.

When I first got the companions in the teapot I spent a bunch of time decorating but as I'm cycling through characters for friendship I kinda stopped caring and removed a bunch of stuff for convenient load to place them. Not sure how much effort I'm going to expend fighting against the current limit

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Hmm, maybe I won't regret leveling Qiqi to 70 while trying to make her a freeze support for Tarty

Can someone with a built Qiqi give a rough estimate on how much her Q heals per tick? Is reaching the 30k cap within 3 seconds feasible?

A friend of mine has an invested qiqi, she heals about 6.6K every 2.5-3 sec and 1K per hit per character with 4p maidens. Her atk speed is decent so she should be able to hit the healing cap with normals. I'll ask him about her stats.

Edit: ahh her Q, about 9K I think

Edit2: Without 4p maidens and ascension passive: 6K on skill proc, 900 on hit, 7.8k on ult proc. lvl 80 a6, talents 9, arties: heal bonus cap, atk sands and goblet, about 30% atk substats. Weapon lvl 90 prototype rancour without stacks. 30K off field could happen but not sure if consistently.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 18, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm not fully built (artifacts at lv 16, 80/80, 2 SF/MB so no bonus healing from the 4 piece MB) but 2,131 atk with 62.9% healing bonus and level 8 skill gives me 5,241 max heal on each tick. That should give 486 for each auto attack. I think she can hit the cap easily if fully invested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

In the new island I found some cave mural thing that had Celestia on it, though couldn't figure out how to interpret it. Haven't done all the quests yet, though (just went as far as getting all the mist removed so I could explore the whole area).

Hazdoc posted:

the xp pots might be the most "resin efficient", but there's players at the point where getting a new artifact to +20 isn't all that difficult and offers an opportunity to clear artifact space more than pose a real challenge. So the artifact XP is not nearly as valuable as XP books or mora, where XP is not a terribly common thing to come across and is needed in massive amounts for every new character you want to work on.

Yeah, I usually spend my teapot points on the resin + XP books (and I just noticed they added a ton of Inazuma furniture, so I need to spend points on thsoe now).