Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's an insanely deep draft due to Covid super seniors. I think it looks good all over.

Except QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'm glad the "gently caress Gruden" game was a success!

Does Denver have a poo poo offensive line or did our line just get it's poo poo together this week?

In other news, our offensive line is still poo poo. Leatherwood literally gets at least 1 penalty each game and it's really annoying. Also, our center is trash...I want Hudson back :(

I'm so goddamn happy that Ruggs has been making baller rear end catches all year. He'll probably never be a 10+ catch a game type of guy but he doesn't drop those deep throws anywhere near as much as I was afraid he would.

Thanks for exposing the Chargers, bird team. I'm happy you won!

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Has anyone made the joke that Denver got outcoached by a team with no coach

*Elway promotes himself again

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Philadelphia at home on Halloween is a very winnable game.

Hmmm yeah I guess, though I think the Eagles a little better than their record.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's an insanely deep draft due to Covid super seniors. I think it looks good all over.

Except QB.

It’s honestly hilarious how bad the QB class looks. Headlined by a dude from Liberty and Nevada.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The Broncos are a Get Well game for any team that has a pulse

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/Bil_BeauBaggins/status/1449902102277394442?s=20

I don't know the context, I don't care, I just wanna laugh at Jerry

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

https://twitter.com/Bil_BeauBaggins/status/1449902102277394442?s=20

I don't know the context, I don't care, I just wanna laugh at Jerry
The long lost Lemon Party film

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Bill Belichick has 100% checked out lol

"1:30 left at the end of the half in a close game? Just kneel it out"

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Sour Diesel posted:

he was the chargers ST coach in 2010 lol

was that their ST year from hell?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

JPrime posted:

yes

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just saw halftime highlight saying Dak walked off the field in a boot? Calf strain?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

I'm so goddamn happy that Ruggs has been making baller rear end catches all year. He'll probably never be a 10+ catch a game type of guy but he doesn't drop those deep throws anywhere near as much as I was afraid he would.
Same, also really happy with Edwards after sounding so promising last year before immediately going down with injuries. With those two, Renfrow, and Waller I'm good with the passing options.

JPrime posted:

Wikipedia says yes, also a billion injuries but ST specifically doomed them. And apparently their first post LT year. Also, Norv Turner.

ST has been fine in Oakland/LV with him though :shrug:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Bill Belichick has 100% checked out lol

"1:30 left at the end of the half in a close game? Just kneel it out"

yeah. you’d never see that with Brady. it was a cowardly move

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So I couldn’t see the game but man Browns. I guess you just don’t want to win despite being a good team

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we just need Eric Barriere

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Gatts posted:

So I couldn’t see the game but man Browns. I guess you just don’t want to win despite being a good team

Arizona is just better than the Browns. No shame in losing to the best team in the league.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Edit: wrong thread

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Geno Smith

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Regnevelc posted:

Arizona is just better than the Browns. No shame in losing to the best team in the league.

Yeah though we need to beat them if we have any intention of making it to the SB. Arizona’s progress is incredible.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
new aftermath thread title from Android Apocalypse: Go Go Geno NOOOOOOOO

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 18, 2021

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

Has anyone made the joke that Denver got outcoached by a team with no coach

*Elway promotes himself again

Ever since gruden got fired

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gatts posted:

Their first half went about as well as the Chiefs did, but Arizona housed their scoring opportunities.

And as it turns out they can't just turn it on like KC did, or at least can't against teams as good as the Cards. Losing all of their running backs and having to rely on ODB in the WR corps more than they wanted to (this would be a fun thing to go back in time a few years and tell myself I'd be saying) probably did not help either. Baker's banged up pretty bad too.

Just a rough situation. And Arizona's pretty damned good for real it seems.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Gatts posted:

Yeah though we need to beat them if we have any intention of making it to the SB. Arizona’s progress is incredible.

It’s been fun to watch. I’ve watched, but not been too invested in sports over the last couple of years but began paying more attention this year. Between Michigan and Arizona, I’m glad I did.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So playing well enough to have a chance to win and then blowing it disastrously at the critical moment...I guess this is Geno's whole "thing"?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

shirts and skins posted:

So playing well enough to have a chance to win and then blowing it disastrously at the critical moment...I guess this is Geno's whole "thing"?

That's just the Seahawks, man. You should know that!

I'm not very despondent over the loss. Glad we put ourselves in a position to win, even if we didn't.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hughmoris posted:

new aftermath thread title from Android Apocalypse: Go Go Geno NOOOOOOOO

GeNOOOOOOOOO

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'm so bummed about Darrell Taylor. Had all those setbacks last year, finally worked his way back and looked great, only for that to happen. Glad he's not paralyzed but wow that's brutal.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Realistically, all of the US is Florida, it's just that Florida is the least bothered by being Florida.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is good news because that was scary ugly

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1449950784918020097

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Ravens and Cardinals are both wild birdz.
Hard to tell which is the better of the two, but both QBs have the ability to break the game.

In someways the Ravens are a tiny bit more impressive because they are constantly injured yet can just piledrive teams into the turf it feels like regardless of who plays.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That was from 1939.

Kirios posted:

I'm trying to imagine what football looked like in 1922 and I'm imagining an extremely boring sport.

This is from 1925. No idea who it is. There's no sound and they run the film back and forth a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SylzBYfESLk

The basic NFL offense in 1922 wouldn't look too far different from what Detroit ran in this video (in 1943). No T formation, just the old single wing (which got reborn as the Wildcat.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og5irky-J48

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

pasaluki posted:

In someways the Ravens are a tiny bit more impressive because they are constantly injured yet can just piledrive teams into the turf it feels like regardless of who plays.

They're as beat up as the '18 and '19 Eagles, but you wouldn't know it from aforementioned piledriving. They've pulled W after W out of their feathered butts, but it can't be sustainable with all those injuries.

I mean I'd be as happy as Larry's even happier brother Clive if we got a Ravens vs Cardinals all-birb-all-the-time super bowl, but I think the Ravens have just taken too much HP damage to make it that far. Fuckin' hope I'm wrong though.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Honestly I just want to fast forward to like 2026 when maybe we'll have a competitive team again

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

Honestly I just want to fast forward to like 2026 when maybe we'll have a competitive team again

It ain't gonna take that long to rebuild even with a missing 1st round pick.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

shirts and skins posted:

Geno Smith would be the perfect Lions QB.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Manoueverable posted:

I don’t.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

seiferguy posted:

What's the cap and contract situation like? Duane Brown is probably gone after this year. Dunlap has been completely irrelevant.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

seiferguy posted:

Depends on whether Wilson is there when the rebuild starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

dingo with a joint posted:

They're as beat up as the '18 and '19 Eagles, but you wouldn't know it from aforementioned piledriving. They've pulled W after W out of their feathered butts, but it can't be sustainable with all those injuries.

I mean I'd be as happy as Larry's even happier brother Clive if we got a Ravens vs Cardinals all-birb-all-the-time super bowl, but I think the Ravens have just taken too much HP damage to make it that far. Fuckin' hope I'm wrong though.

Birdbowl would be dope. If the Ravens somehow make it that far they've a good chance of being healthier than they are now.