Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fish and potato salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
thailand is the most autocondimentin place ive ever been to. archchancellor ridicully would be proud

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i thought thailand had a king???

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

that’s what bobb dobbs iss deadd wants you to think

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

President Beep posted:

Thailand has a crown peep

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
heavy lies the peep that wears the crown

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jonny 290 posted:

it's very good. my secret is a tsp of fish sauce towards the end.

need to toss the pasta with the sauce and some pasta water in a pan to get a more silken texture.

also, kenji's thing with the fish sauce is overrated imo, cook some diced garlic and anchovies in some olive oil until about to brown then add your sauce imo.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hmmmmm do i add a few drops of this bottle of sauce, or dirty another pan cooking anchovies in a 400 square foot apartment. cmon man.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

hmmmmm do i add a few drops of this bottle of sauce, or dirty another pan cooking anchovies in a 400 square foot apartment. cmon man.

both

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

the greatest joy of living alone is the freedom to smell up your apartment with foodstuffs imo. the anchovy smell lingers just long enough to be a source of satisfaction more than annoyance

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 20, 2021

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

otoh screw creating more dirty dishes

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the greatest joy of loving alone is the freedom to smell up your apartment with foodstuffs imo. the anchovy smell lingers just long enough to be a source of satisfaction more than annoyance
Or you could just wash your balls

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Or you could just wash your balls

:distonk:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

too perfect an own for any comeback

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the greatest joy of living alone is the freedom to smell up your apartment with foodstuffs imo. the anchovy smell lingers just long enough to be a source of satisfaction more than annoyance

i made some shrimp pasta w/ a load of garlic and peppers for dinner and it smelled so good all night

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
there's a new takeaway sichuan place 2 mins away from our flat. their menu is tiny but well executed. a+ will go again

they also had new halloween deco up last night which is unusual here in general, let alone at a chinese place.

i like this guy though. "eh, it's spooky time i guess?"

they also had a severed hand in the takeaway menu tray which was p lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

there's a new takeaway sichuan place 2 mins away from our flat. their menu is tiny but well executed. a+ will go again

they also had new halloween deco up last night which is unusual here in general, let alone at a chinese place.

i like this guy though. "eh, it's spooky time i guess?"

they also had a severed hand in the takeaway menu tray which was p lol

post the menu

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I can’t really be bothered the name is right there maybe it’s on openrice already

edit: or just imagine line items for spicy fungus, cucumber, chicken, beef, and boiled fish w sweet potato noodles and whatever else and that basically sums it up

edit2: oh and tofu skin, gently caress I love that stuff

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 23, 2021

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

post the menu

i like this place. what's good on here

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

PokeJoe posted:

wow

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
"your dog looks sick"

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

After 19 days the saucisson sec is done and hung up in the kitchen!

Couldn't get good lighting for the photo but whatever. Wound up with 9 pretty good sized links.

Having one with some cheese and it came out pretty good!

Really garlicky which is exactly what I wanted

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
the all purpose viet dressing/condiment is fantastic

fish sauce
rice vinegar
sugar
garlic
thinly sliced chilies

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
meal prep night!

top: soy+sake chicken, calrose rice, dry fried green beans with LOTS of ginger, some serranos and i have almonds for on top

bottom: garlic herb chicken, roasted cabbage wedges, greek-ish pasta salad (olives, bell pep, tomato, red onion, feta, bit of dressing)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

black bean sauce goes really good on green beans

I’m eating chili this week, so far chili and rice, chili and bread and tonight chili on pasta

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

black bean sauce goes really good on green beans

impossible!!!

next you'll say we can drive on parkways and park on driveways

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i really need to figure out how to do chicken thighs in a pressure cooker so that they're cooked thru properly but don't lose all structural integrity. great for some stews and bbq but sometimes i want proper pieces of chicken. i'm getting to the point where i've dialed the time at pressure back as far as i can and am wondering if i should just switch to lower pressure (and whether my stove-top cooker's high pressure is significantly higher than, say, an instapot's)

also i have so much thai green curry chicken and my apartment smells like lemongrass i'm in heaven

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i would imagine that if you're talking bone-in thighs, pressure isn't going to really heat those bones up any faster and imo thats the real tricky part with thighs. i would try lower boost with more time yeah

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

chili on pasta

you run dangerously close to summoning the skyline chili beast with this configuration

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh yeah, we're going to make chili tomorrow probably since we have a bunch of ground turkey thawed and it's a bit cool out so it's perfect weather for a few days of various chili meals

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe posted:

thats cool its a huge menu. skimmed through and cant read everything because its blurry but stuff that sticks out to me that i'd wanna try:
水煮鱼片 which is #1289 i think? spicy boiled slices of fish
葱爆羊肉 #561, stir fried lamb with onions
any of the 龙利鱼 dishes 647, 645, 631, 633, those are a type of fish that i like, most likely these would be the whole fish steamed or prepared in various ways. dont know how to say the name of the fish in english (dictionary says sole?)
宫保 something, cant make it out. #933. that's gonna be a kung pao vegetable dish of some sort i guess which sounds neat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

meal prep night!

top: soy+sake chicken, calrose rice, dry fried green beans with LOTS of ginger, some serranos and i have almonds for on top

bottom: garlic herb chicken, roasted cabbage wedges, greek-ish pasta salad (olives, bell pep, tomato, red onion, feta, bit of dressing)

looks good, i should make more cabbage

fart simpson posted:

thats cool its a huge menu. skimmed through and cant read everything because its blurry but stuff that sticks out to me that i'd wanna try:
水煮鱼片 which is #1289 i think? spicy boiled slices of fish
葱爆羊肉 #561, stir fried lamb with onions
any of the 龙利鱼 dishes 647, 645, 631, 633, those are a type of fish that i like, most likely these would be the whole fish steamed or prepared in various ways. dont know how to say the name of the fish in english (dictionary says sole?)
宫保 something, cant make it out. #933. that's gonna be a kung pao vegetable dish of some sort i guess which sounds neat

i've had the 葱爆羊肉 #561, stir fried lamb with onions a bunch of times and it's really good. i've never had a bad dish there, often i just describe some dish and the person at the counter will recommend something ive never heard of and its amazing.

that fried chicken on the left is "7 spice chicken" or something and it's the best chicken on earth. it's so insanely good i asked the counter person how to make it and she gave me a copycat recipe. it's not quite right though...

here's a little article about the place

https://www.smilepolitely.com/food/the_pied_piper_of_chinese_chefs/

the pork belly buns and crispy tofy mentioned in the article are great too. the crispy tofu is the dish on the right in my pic above. i used to always try to get as many people as possible to go when i went so we could get a ton of poo poo and try it all. just thinking about it is making me so hungry. a friend of mine grew up in the town their other restaurant was in too so sometimes we get free dishes when we get recognized.

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 27, 2021

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

you run dangerously close to summoning the skyline chili beast with this configuration

I even put cheese on it but it was probably 1/10 the amount needed to open the portal

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Oneiros posted:

i really need to figure out how to do chicken thighs in a pressure cooker so that they're cooked thru properly but don't lose all structural integrity. great for some stews and bbq but sometimes i want proper pieces of chicken. i'm getting to the point where i've dialed the time at pressure back as far as i can and am wondering if i should just switch to lower pressure (and whether my stove-top cooker's high pressure is significantly higher than, say, an instapot's)
may want to try aiming for 1/2 to 3/4 cooked and finish in a skillet to brown and get some texture. lower pressure is the ticket to that i believe. otherwise i don't have any firsthand advice, except to dig around on instant pot recipe sites because someone has probably had the same goal already

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

meal prep night!

:popclap:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bacon and shrooms

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

bacon and shrooms

nice

I made pasta and garlic bread

minus points for messy plating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wanted to try out something new today so I roasted some garlic and an onion, blended it, and used it as the base for lentils and it came out really really good. :yum: