Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's one more episode, I fully expect by the end of next week that Colin Robinson will be back and the only question is whether this was part of a long-con bit and he's just been loving with Laszlo or it's just another weird thing about Energy Vampires he didn't know, like a super-hosed up version of shedding his skin or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
lol come on, Colin Robinson is 100 percent not dead, he's just cocooned himself or something

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Yeah, I doubt Colin is actually dead. This has a real Squidward thinks Spongebob ate the bomb pie energy.
Though Laszlo isn't a miserably depressed squid.

But if he is dead....well, I always preferred C-Man myself.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
This episode did a good job showing yet again that Lazlo despite being a lazy pervert is actually a really good friend.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
One question that still needs to be resolved: how is Colin's mother still alive?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Jerusalem posted:

Khandi Alexander does not age, holy poo poo.

Guillermo showing up with "nuggies and spaghetti with butter" was a beautiful moment.

"she keeps me young"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

DaveWoo posted:

One question that still needs to be resolved: how is Colin's mother still alive?

willing to wager that's on the flip side of the page laszlo ripped out of the book. if Mark has been killed off the show I'll be bummed :( .

Also, there's a NYCC WWDITS panel up from recently. The host asked Matt why Laz was being so friendly with Colin Robinson and if it was real. Matt said that basically "it's the whole cruz of everything and if I told you I'd never work again" which got a pretty good laugh from the audience, thinking he was joking.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

boo_radley posted:

"she keeps me young"

I loved seeing David Cross.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I suspect there’s more to it than what we’ve seen but I don’t know if they’ll walk it back entirely, maybe he just becomes something else.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Maxwell Lord posted:

I suspect there’s more to it than what we’ve seen but I don’t know if they’ll walk it back entirely, maybe he just becomes something else.

"turns out I'm like a timelord kinda thing, who knew?"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

did you bring in more people to tug on my peepee?

also yeah no way Colin Robinson is actually dead, he's just turning into something more irritating

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

boo_radley posted:

"turns out I'm like a timelord kinda thing, who knew?"

robot roll call posted:

something more irritating

Oh my God Ian Levine is joining the cast :gonk:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jerusalem posted:

There's one more episode, I fully expect by the end of next week that Colin Robinson will be back and the only question is whether this was part of a long-con bit and he's just been loving with Laszlo or it's just another weird thing about Energy Vampires he didn't know, like a super-hosed up version of shedding his skin or something.

He would absolutely do that, and he's probably been quietly feeding off Laszlo the whole time. :v:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol amazing. Was not expecting that exact thing to happen to ColinRobinson. Also nice use of Material in the end credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIB1-EeuZHI

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

It took me a while before I realized that was David Cross. This ranks up there with putting Mark Hamill in enough makeup that he's unrecognizable.

But yeah it'd be weird if they killed off Colin without bringing his while "what am I" arc to conclusion.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It was pretty cool that the Supreme vampire council were a bunch of easily impressed dweebs

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

It was pretty cool that the Supreme vampire council were a bunch of easily impressed dweebs

It doesn't seem like they were easily impressed by Nandor's dick.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Colin got Lazlo to be his best friend for an entire season, so there is a zero percent chance it wasn't a con.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WrightOfWay posted:

It doesn't seem like they were easily impressed by Nandor's dick.

...they weren't.... unimpressed....

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

LividLiquid posted:

Colin got Lazlo to be his best friend for an entire season, so there is a zero percent chance it wasn't a con.

never considered that angle. that makes a lot of sense lol

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
gently caress, I could really use a superslumber.

Edit: We're like a big family here

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Oct 23, 2021

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darko posted:

Also I'm so confused by how Blade works in this universe.

They just had cameras following Wesley Snipes in his daily life.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Pattonesque posted:

lol come on, Colin Robinson is 100 percent not dead, he's just cocooned himself or something

They prominently featured Laszlo quickly reading the first page of the book that said energy vampires only live 100 years which he quickly tore out and then they also reiterated how lazy he is so it would track that we don't have the whole story about energy vampires from Laszlo, who is very much the person who reads the headline without the whole story.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

boo_radley posted:

"she keeps me young"

I just wish that had been Amber Tamblyn

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Loved seeing Donal Logue. It's been too long since I've seen him in anything.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

Loved seeing Donal Logue. It's been too long since I've seen him in anything.

Same! I checked his wiki page and he has been somewhat busy since Terriers but nothing I’ve watched.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Preview for season finale, it is of course somewhat spoilery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B3Ff9Jqqbc

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I would love if they resolve the super-slumber thing by Nandor walking in and sheepishly admitting he doesn't know how to super slumber.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I loving howled at that ending, one of the hardest laughs I've ever had in my life.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Mameluke posted:

I just wish that had been Amber Tamblyn

:same:

And yeah that ending was hilarious and gross, I like thisColin Robinson regenerating thing. Part of me wants him to be some kind of slick monster type thing, but in my heart I know it’s funnier if he’s just exactly the same.

I just wish we’d gotten/hope we’ll get more of the Supreme Council, so many good joke possibilities there!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Edit: wrong thread

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Jerusalem posted:

Khandi Alexander does not age, holy poo poo.

Guillermo showing up with "nuggies and spaghetti with butter" was a beautiful moment.

“We have to get the name of your chef!”

The Council was great, I wonder if the house with the hellhound, the Sire, and the Baron is next on their list…

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The image of the hellhound shooting flame at the squirrel that is pissing him off is one of my favourite things of this season and it always makes me chuckle to think of it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

priznat posted:

The image of the hellhound shooting flame at the squirrel that is pissing him off is one of my favourite things of this season and it always makes me chuckle to think of it.

Like the flipside of Dug Days. :3:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Not to go all :actually:, but there is as a line from the beginning of the episode that struck me as odd. When Nadja was talking about no one on the world council knowing ColinRobinson. He was on the local council with Blade et al. for years without the others knowing. So if anyone was known by the higher council from before their takeover, it would be him. :colbert: New writing staff strikes again!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
To be completely fair even I forgot completely about that lol

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AlternateNu posted:

Not to go all :actually:, but there is as a line from the beginning of the episode that struck me as odd. When Nadja was talking about no one on the world council knowing ColinRobinson. He was on the local council with Blade et al. for years without the others knowing. So if anyone was known by the higher council from before their takeover, it would be him. :colbert: New writing staff strikes again!

Also not a stretch to think that Colin Robinson just bores everyone he meets to sleep so hard that they don't ever remember him.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Right, Nandor said that he has to keep Colin Robinson’s name written down in his pocket in order to remember his name.

But also Nandor is very very stupid.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bibliotechno Music posted:

:same:

And yeah that ending was hilarious and gross, I like thisColin Robinson regenerating thing. Part of me wants him to be some kind of slick monster type thing, but in my heart I know it’s funnier if he’s just exactly the same.

I just wish we’d gotten/hope we’ll get more of the Supreme Council, so many good joke possibilities there!

My working theory is that energy vampires literally become a mass of spectral energy that can manifest physical bodies at will after getting 100 years of absorption under their belt. This can open up a whole new vector for ColinRobinson to annoy the poo poo out of people. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I hope he comes back young, dumb, and full of cum like he wanted. He'd continue to get along amazingly with Lazslo.