Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Gunthen posted:

Dominoes Fiery Hawaiian Pizza.

The mix of heat and sweetness was perfect.

What bit of it isn’t replicable through the pizza builder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Call me a big idiot but I genuinely miss the McDonald's salads. COVID either killed them or was used as the excuse to put the bullet in, and they just haven't come back. They genuinely made it easier for an oaf like me to eat more healthily :saddowns:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Same. They had pretty good salads.

It’s also weird they just don’t have grilled chicken now. That was at least in the realm of a healthy meal if you got that with a side salad instead of fries.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

MCMXCV
Oct 13, 2021

Taco Bell beefy loaded grillers. A great bargain. The ones near me don't serve nacho fries anymore either but they'll probably be back at some point in the future.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

nacho fries is a LTO (limited time ONLY) item but they bring them back every other quarter

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

i'm sure this has been tried although i've never seen it: meat and savoury flavoured chewing gum. like beef jerky but chewing gum. and cheese flavour. maybe other flavours.

edit: PIZZA GUM

slogan: gimme a pizza gum

at first everyone would pretend to be disgusted like the liars they are then they'd hear that slogan and it'd be over. 17 million dollars profit in the first 5 months.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

roomtone fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 16, 2021

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
combos you chew forever

alternatively pretend i just photoshopped blueberry violet from willy wonka to be a pepperoni fuckin pizza

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nikumatic posted:

combos you chew forever

alternatively pretend i just photoshopped blueberry violet from willy wonka to be a pepperoni fuckin pizza

i'm sure you could hit up deviantart and find something suitable.

----------------

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

uber_stoat posted:

i'm sure you could hit up deviantart and find something suitable.

violet -willy wonka -pepperoni- fuckin pizza seems like a bad idea to google

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Has anyone posted those little McDonalds chicken wraps yet?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

YeahTubaMike posted:

I miss them and their Wendy's equivalents every day

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The grilled snack wraps with BBQ sauce were one of the few healthyish items you could get at fast food that didn't also cost a lot.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Those little snack wraps were nice. The Wendy's ones were better though. I'd tack on one or two to the end of my order.

I probably already mentioned it but the KFC Twister WITH the zinger sauce. That was the only reason I ever had to go to KFC. Get the mashed potatoes on the side and dip the sandwich in there. :yum:

----------------

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Popeyes version of the snackwraps I think you can still get, they're not advertised, but if you ask for them they'll make them. I love the ones with red beans and rice and a little BBQ dipping sauce.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

spookykid posted:

Popeyes version of the snackwraps I think you can still get, they're not advertised, but if you ask for them they'll make them. I love the ones with red beans and rice and a little BBQ dipping sauce.

I'll have to try this because I used to love them. There was a Popeye's right across the street from my college and two of those suckers (red beans and rice inside natch) and a coke was lunch far too often for my own good.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I miss Wendy’s turkey ciabatta sandwich.

----------------

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
anyone remember the grilled sandwiches that Jack In The Box had for awhile? They were really good! deli trio IIRC

also, 7-Eleven had a few microwaveable sandwiches for awhile including a cheesesteak one that was legit good. :sigh:

----------------

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Previa_fun posted:

I'll have to try this because I used to love them. There was a Popeye's right across the street from my college and two of those suckers (red beans and rice inside natch) and a coke was lunch far too often for my own good.

That spicy BBQ sauce is the je nais se quois for those wraps.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Chinatown posted:

anyone remember the grilled sandwiches that Jack In The Box had for awhile? They were really good! deli trio IIRC

also, 7-Eleven had a few microwaveable sandwiches for awhile including a cheesesteak one that was legit good. :sigh:

Those Jack n the Box sandwiches were pretty good. It’s actually kind of weird they got rid of them, their menu is giant and rarely drops anything.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i assume because they probably need to keep those fresher than frozen egg rolls, so they would have had more problems with logistics. the menu is so big because a lot of stuff just comes out of a freezer bag

----------------

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
the swiss cheese mushroom butteryjacks. they're not discontinued but I don't really have a jack in the box nearby

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Kwatz posted:

I miss the onion rings and zestable dip from Zaxbys. Those were always a favorite when I was hungover. The rings where thin, with a nice breading and good seasoning.

gently caress that zestable dip was good

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

Those Jack n the Box sandwiches were pretty good. It’s actually kind of weird they got rid of them, their menu is giant and rarely drops anything.

The Jack n the Box's around here have been doing a thing for maybe a year or two or so, perhaps a little more, where they have a featured combo meal for about two months, then completely drop it for a new deal. Usually they are priced better then the rest of the combos, but knowing the sandwich or burger or whatever it is will likely be gone before I try it more then once or twice doesn't really entice me to give them a shot.

There was a bit there that they had a triple cheese burger with small fries and a drink for like 3 or 4 bucks and that was pretty hard to pass up. I would probably still get it even if they raised the price up to like 5 bucks after the promotion. I don't really understand having trial items if there is no intention whatsoever to keep them around, especially when it's made from stuff they already have on hand anyhow. I understand "to get you in the door" but if it's popular, why not keep it? It really is a hard set 2 month or whatever type deal too, where on the first of the month exactly it changes.

I guess the deals are everywhere, as a quick glance at their site says the current deal is a 6 dollar "loaded cheddar cheese burger combo" with cheddar cheese, cheddar ranch sauce, and a cheddar bun. I haven't had it but ever since the closest one to my house "temporarily" stopped being 24 hours and still hasn't gone back like a year and a half later, there's a good chance it will be gone before I remember to. It's like Jack is trying to win the "discontinued menu items" thread.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they're just throwing poo poo against the wall to see if something gets the sales necessary to turn it permanent. i'm sure the sourdough jack was the same thing, but was logistically easy enough to continuously carry unlike something weird like deli meat. in the case of that cheeseburger, it could very well have been a loss leader like the taco bell dollar stunts

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Twenty Four posted:

The Jack n the Box's around here have been doing a thing for maybe a year or two or so, perhaps a little more, where they have a featured combo meal for about two months, then completely drop it for a new deal. Usually they are priced better then the rest of the combos, but knowing the sandwich or burger or whatever it is will likely be gone before I try it more then once or twice doesn't really entice me to give them a shot.

There was a bit there that they had a triple cheese burger with small fries and a drink for like 3 or 4 bucks and that was pretty hard to pass up. I would probably still get it even if they raised the price up to like 5 bucks after the promotion. I don't really understand having trial items if there is no intention whatsoever to keep them around, especially when it's made from stuff they already have on hand anyhow. I understand "to get you in the door" but if it's popular, why not keep it? It really is a hard set 2 month or whatever type deal too, where on the first of the month exactly it changes.

I guess the deals are everywhere, as a quick glance at their site says the current deal is a 6 dollar "loaded cheddar cheese burger combo" with cheddar cheese, cheddar ranch sauce, and a cheddar bun. I haven't had it but ever since the closest one to my house "temporarily" stopped being 24 hours and still hasn't gone back like a year and a half later, there's a good chance it will be gone before I remember to. It's like Jack is trying to win the "discontinued menu items" thread.

Oh yeah their LTOs are an exception for sure. It’s just usually when something makes the permanent menu it stays there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

for instance those tiny tacos seem to have been around like a year now but like hell i'm ever gonna try 'em when 2 regular tacos for $.99 is always available

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

YeahTubaMike posted:

I miss the cold shredded cheese inside.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bum the Sad posted:

I miss the cold shredded cheese inside.

i sometimes make them at home ("soft taco" tortillas are the right size) and the cold shredded cheese is a must

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bevo Chicken Sandwich that Wendy's in Austin used to do during football season. Wasn't like their normal spicy chicken at all but had this amazing orange sauce on it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

drat i miss Wendy's Guy on campus, he was murdered a few years ago. i guess that's being discontinued in a way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACE2tWNEWBY

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Aardvark! posted:

i sometimes make them at home ("soft taco" tortillas are the right size) and the cold shredded cheese is a must

It really is important isn’t it?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

i say swears online posted:

drat i miss Wendy's Guy on campus, he was murdered a few years ago. i guess that's being discontinued in a way

Got drat. That dude was playing DDR with his fingers on a PoS terminal.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he ruled, so fun in person

----------------

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

drat, now I'm sad. I forgot about that. Though I have to wonder if his murder is what made the franchise decide to sell to Chickfila?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zil posted:

drat, now I'm sad. I forgot about that. Though I have to wonder if his murder is what made the franchise decide to sell to Chickfila?

oh my god it's a chik-fil-a now? they had a location 40 feet further into the union but it was just premade cafeteria-style

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

regardless of what their craft is, you gotta give it to em when someone is that dedicated

and on top of that he's just going 150% schmoozin' it with the customers

spookykid posted:

Got drat. That dude was playing DDR with his fingers on a PoS terminal.

at a 90 degree angle!!! he doin it wrong and still doin it that hard

coulda been a fighting game virtuoso if he was into that stuff

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

That's pretty sad, but murder being a discontinued menu item is a good thing ?? Don't know why it would ever be on a menu. But the video made me smile. I like his energy. That point of sale though did the job dirty. Though I hope in possible reincarnation or heaven or whatever his beliefs on after life are, he got to walk to a fast food place with a cash register or step in a place with one on a drive somewhere and see one of the low energy students from time at Wendy's and they're working at a cash register, and greet them with enthusiasm to their shock and disbelief at how long it's been, and neither judge the position. At least maybe he wouldn't have to ask what the cash register person is up to these days and they could catch up then and there without judgement of bosses or managers. From my experience working in fast food and at a cash register, that's what I would hope in solidarity.

It is odd though to have a Wendy's on campus. Assuming it's one where students can live on or at. A Starbucks on campus, not so much, if the name comes with more assurance that on campus coffee sources that aren't dorm or office are sustainable. These days, maybe not. I dunno. But that kind of energy would be nice at the right place if it helps people slow down a little.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
D

----------------

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
O

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
U

----------------