Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i am pro-exercise for everyone so that's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

In order to lose not only the 60-plus pounds he'd gained for Sunny season 7, but an additional 10-plus to get ripped, McElhenney said his process was anything but easy.

"Look, it's not that hard. All you need to do is lift weights six days a week, stop drinking alcohol, don't eat anything after 7pm, don't eat any carbs or sugar at all, in fact just don't eat anything you like, get the personal trainer from Magic Mike, sleep nine hours a night, run three miles a day, and have a studio pay for the whole thing over a six to seven-month span. I don't know why everyone's not doing this. It's a super realistic lifestyle and an appropriate body image to compare oneself to"

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Agile Vector posted:

i imagine there's lots of shortcuts if you have the money and the motivation

you could accomplish some pretty incredible results too if Being Jacked was your 9 to 5 job

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sapozhnik posted:

you could accomplish some pretty incredible results too if Being Jacked was your 9 to 5 job
It is, I got a promotion at the Tugjob Mill

So far the only result is incredible chafing but the pay is good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Hence bitch tits and tiny balls

leave me out of this

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I actually get a lot of exercise having sex with each of your mothers

I actually get a lot of exercise sorkin my own dick

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

DuckConference posted:

there is no magic secret resistance exercise, or order of doing them, that is going to provide some huge advantage over any reasonable resistance training plan you can google.

same story with any reasonable diet with enough protein, other nutrients, total calories, etc. there is no magic.

Uh, the celeb get big for big money plan involes getting blood work done multiple times a week to make sure their hormones are at roid-equivalent levels.

It's absolutely a huge advantage to have a team of professionals working on your muscles over googling a good diet and exercise plan.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he’ll yeah bodybuilding forum let’s go

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/sanatanamishra/status/1453125253555638276?s=21

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

RokosCockatrice posted:

is that when walk and tug?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1453113563300737030

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/jonny_is_good/status/1452800997483499527?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/gourmetspud/status/1452675289415397387?s=21

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

RokosCockatrice posted:

When I was a younger, more limber gal I could actually put my tongue on my moneyball

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/hieronymus_burp/status/1453232685795663879

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I read that to be a ‘funny’ joke was the smh about the funniness of the joke I need to know

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/souseiseki_kuro/status/1453175776841543683?s=21

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

RokosCockatrice posted:

Uh, the celeb get big for big money plan involes getting blood work done multiple times a week to make sure their hormones are at roid-equivalent levels.

less this (uh what?)

quote:

It's absolutely a huge advantage to have a team of professionals working on your muscles over googling a good diet and exercise plan.

more this

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

if my employer sent me this i would leave my family pictures on the wall and just walk straight out of the office never to return

i made it about six seconds into that video before considering suicide to make it stop

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Sexual Lorax posted:

if my employer sent me this i would leave my family pictures on the wall and just walk straight out of the office never to return

i made it about six seconds into that video before considering suicide to make it stop

anything with that level of production is a scam

HSAs are a scam

qed

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I actually get a lot of exercise having sex with each of your mothers

that four seconds of cardio really shows

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

But wait, there's more 😈

https://twitter.com/ging_hive/status/1453060721986711560?t=55UP-X-GM17cMQ6ORecHkw&s=19

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

that four seconds of cardio really shows
rude

(It's six :mmmsmug:)

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Share Bear posted:

HSAs are a scam

wut

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Lol @ "Jump into the meta verse" like it's some hip thing and then putting on a hunch of dorky goggles and controllers and looking like the oculus nerd

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

this is worse though jfc

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

HSA get you to front the majority of things by gambling that you won't have a catastrophic medical event.

They also get to make money off of your "savings account"

In addition, they subtly discourage usage of covered medical services because you are directly dealing with a pseudo-bank account

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i have an hsa but my employer gives me money to fund it it its p sweet

they are otherwise a tax shelter for pmcs

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i have an hsa but my employer gives me money to fund it it its p sweet

they are otherwise a tax shelter for pmcs

right, but you have to "pay" for things yourself, and people's brains are dumb with money.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hsas are bad for you but great for your bosses

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this is worse though jfc
Exactly my reaction lol

https://twitter.com/EllieTrashcakes/status/1453231615413563398

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

we do the hsa because the ppo is more expensive and my company puts about what we'd spend yearly over ppo in the account. i'm sure google comes out ahead but the hsa plan costs them more than the ppo 🤷‍♀️. idk if that includes the money they plop in the account. it's just lucky that the meds and stuff we use is cheap though, obviously we'd switch to switch to PPO if the $100 a month price difference + employer money didn't work out in our favor.

what pissed me off last year was having to pay taxes on the child care FSA. it turns out that since ms jones doesn't have external employment, we didn't get the tax benefit. which is fine but it would've been real nice if someone had told me that

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

i hated you at first for the video and then i learned you were just sharing your rage

i can live with that

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
it is entirely plausible that an hdhp that permits an hsa ends up costing you less annually for totally realistic health care needs. usually this will happen if your annual expenses are low enough to not need to pay for much of anything or high enough that you exceed your annual out-of-pocket max, and selecting such a plan is a gamble that your health care expenditures will fall on one of these extremes, for whatever definition of "extreme" applies to the candidate plan in question. for "good" plans with relatively low out-of-pocket maxes, this can be a fine bet.

the fees are usurious and they have the effect of tying even more of regular folks' financial security to the loving stock market, but the basic arithmetic on a given hdhp can end up good for the employee.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

raminasi posted:

it is entirely plausible that an hdhp that permits an hsa ends up costing you less annually for totally realistic health care needs.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

i hated you at first for the video
Don't haye the player, hate Timothee Sportschalet

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I don’t know if I understand what’s going on here

just because I’m a dumb rear end country person though

it was quite an irritating watch, but so are many things

*turns on monitor

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao tfw ur wife catches u fingerblasting your hairdresser and goes nuclear and you have to just sit and take the bollocking

https://twitter.com/samuelpepys/status/1452737331488829445

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://twitter.com/isosteph/status/1453462246126882817