Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

It shouldn’t have gone to bif

This is what I get for putting any modicum of thought into it (thought he was still leaning on the gimmick as a crutch too hard) instead of just shooting binus in the first post

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah see like that

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I didn't think he'd make things difficult

In fact I figured he wouldn't be doing anything at all

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I’m here for that

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Bifauxnen posted:

Maer nvm, we might still get in a fight after all.

I was gonna save this for comedy value to nip things immediately in the bud if you said one word against me, but this is not cool. Just the one time as a callback joke on his first post woulda been great and hilarious. Twice? Nah. Not having it.

##shoot CirclMastr

Are you implying you would have NOT shot a claimed miller with a vig on day 1?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

Are you implying you would have NOT shot a claimed miller with a vig on day 1?

I prolly wouldn't have, no. That would have been an actual content post and I'd have gone on saving it for the right Maerlyn moment instead.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Fair

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

loving lmao

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Is there some sort of inside joke that's supposed to help me understand this nonsense?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tom Tucker posted:

Is there some sort of inside joke that's supposed to help me understand this nonsense?

Circl repeated that line for like a whole game day or two as a in fiction self imposed PR, I think they were town there too

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

So people just suck at Mafia now huh

Anyway that's an easy excuse for a scum daykill and honestly I also get it from a dayvig so (shrug)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

lmao, can't say he didn't deserve that!

guess I might as well get out of the way I still haven't watched the show if we're going to off weak links

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tom Tucker posted:

Anyway that's an easy excuse for a scum daykill and honestly I also get it from a dayvig so (shrug)

Don’t go too far out on a limb

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Another sign pointing to Bif should never be given a gun.

The idea that shooting me for "comedy value" for daring to speak against you is pretty telling of how you seem to view me in general, or it's cowardice on your part - didn't learn anything from Arknights I guess? I'm disappointed because I thought your "I don't think we'll be fighting" was an early olive branch instead of just being calculating.

Shooting Circl without warning (a player who has anxiety) is a pretty poo poo move too. There was no reason to do that this early.

##vote Bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

Another sign pointing to Bif should never be given a gun.

The idea that shooting me for "comedy value" for daring to speak against you is pretty telling of how you seem to view me in general, or it's cowardice on your part - didn't learn anything from Arknights I guess? I'm disappointed because I thought your "I don't think we'll be fighting" was an early olive branch instead of just being calculating.

Shooting Circl without warning (a player who has anxiety) is a pretty poo poo move too. There was no reason to do that this early.

##vote Bif

:doh:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I think mae and bif are probably town

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

##vote Tommy t

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bad kill imo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

bad kill imo

Yes… it is bad when town get killed, I can agree

Doesn’t really seem any scummier than any other D1 “comedy” vig though.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

This is what I get for putting any modicum of thought into it (thought he was still leaning on the gimmick as a crutch too hard) instead of just shooting binus in the first post

Well that would have been a hilarious mistake so I’m gla you didn’t do that

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

What is scummy is Tom Tucker coming in and giving a completely neutral opinion without more.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not sure it’s pro town at all but I’m not sure it’s scummy either. Maybe overeager.

Thought from earlier, this does track with Bif in cookfia where she tried to shoot merk before even being allowed to and he logically deduced she was town somehow.

RNG gods: stop. giving. Bif. guns!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TT wasn't responding to anyone. TT wasn't commenting on anyone else's read. TT was just painting the walls of this page of the game in grey.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Maerlyn posted:

Thought from earlier, this does track with Bif in cookfia where she tried to shoot merk before even being allowed to and he logically deduced she was town somehow.

RNG gods: stop. giving. Bif. guns!

That deduction occurred because I am the greatest mafia player. Pick me for your team of two!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Insandenza posted:

yeah well i think vigs should exhibit a lot more trigger discipline generally and it's good to shame people

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

What is scummy is Tom Tucker coming in and giving a completely neutral opinion without more.

i agree

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah well i think vigs should exhibit a lot more trigger discipline generally and it's good to shame people

OK well I can agree with that!

merk posted:

Yeah that was about as empty of an opinion as you can have, ##vote Tom Tucker

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Proper trigger discipline in Mafia is firing that trigger before you let someone else (prolly scum) get you second guessing yourself

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Proper trigger discipline in Mafia is firing that trigger before you let someone else (prolly scum) get you second guessing yourself

I think the best day 1 vig use as town is to kill the player who is #2 in the vote bloc with about 10-12 hours left in the day. That gives the town some great information to help inform the d1 elimination and is helpful in future days. If there isn't enough content to make that vig informational, then you hold it.

Of course, this is general mafia discussion that has literally no purpose in this game without a comment on your alignment (which I have none), so that's all I'll say about that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey Bif, what is the flavor behind your gun, by the way? Why do you have a gun?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Hey Bif, what is the flavor behind your gun, by the way? Why do you have a gun?

It is not a gun. It is more abstract but uses the shoot command simply for dayvidge clarity.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

It is not a gun. It is more abstract but uses the shoot command simply for dayvidge clarity.

Hey Bif, why do you have an abstract killing item? What is the flavor behind it?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Hey Bif, why do you have an abstract killing item? What is the flavor behind it?

It's not an item. It's just my role. I'm a lucky guy. Everyone else seems to end up dead, but not me! I don't think it's an intuitive flavour fit. I expected to get some spec poo poo for it. But not from you of all people! That's pretty funny.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not an item. It's just my role. I'm a lucky guy. Everyone else seems to end up dead, but not me! I don't think it's an intuitive flavour fit. I expected to get some spec poo poo for it. But not from you of all people! That's pretty funny.

Flavor seems somewhat important from what I can see so far. Song-woo being a Miller makes complete sense, for example.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only people that had guns in the show were bad guys and the cop, so.... :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m not sure that’s so, I’m the old guy and I’m town

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grandicap posted:

Please be ready for today's game. It will be starting October 29th at 9AM EST and will run for 24 hours or until it is complete.

LIAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Flavor seems somewhat important from what I can see so far. Song-woo being a Miller makes complete sense, for example.

That seems fitting, but not important. If Circl had been scum with only a fakeclaim of miller, I would hope the mod would give him the same fitting flavour to go with it.

Hunting for flavour is nothing but a hope that the mod has done a bad job of helping their scums.