Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some mobages have events that happen once a month or once every other month, I could easily see this turning into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all the new event gameplay stuff like this has been rerun, it should be expected (especially with Shiki Taishou's dialogue) that we'll see this again. Vagabond Sword was Hypostatic Symphony 2, Theatre Mechanicus has happened twice, and iirc there have been leaks about both new Misty Dungeon and Energy Condenser events. they even kept that alchemy event by reskinning it as the Rhodeia fight.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Food delivery rerun when? I want to see people mad about being bad at not stepping in puddles

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The breach in honkai eventually became permanent and its the worst thing every week unless you're a whale

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tae posted:

The breach in honkai eventually became permanent and its the worst thing every week unless you're a whale

they shouldn't make popular events permanent because it's bad in a different game?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the modes hes talking about is the same as the ongoing genshin event structurally. the most annoying part is that only some of the characters work in that mode, otherwise its probably my favorite of the weekly modes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Breach is cool, unlike Honkai's abyss which sucks but not nearly as much as Genshin's

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

padijun posted:

they shouldn't make popular events permanent because it's bad in a different game?

In my opinion they should just make most of the ephemeral temporary content permanent. For example, the golden isles. It just seems like a waste of perfectly good content.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea like I get that they need event content but the normal game could use a little more meat than just "run domains/the abyss forever"

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since there's finally some half-decent looking competitors starting to come together, I wonder if that'll inspire mihoyo to take another look at some of that.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
This should work for Hu Tao, right?

Also, since I don't have XQ yet, how can I use Barbara with Hu Tao?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Boat Stuck posted:

I could be wrong about this, but I believe XQ's main purpose is to reduce damage taken so that your Hu Tao doesn't get deleted at lower health values.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I don't own Hu Tao but as I understand it, dragon's bane is her best 4 star weapon. If you are vaporizing. Which you should be with her.

However yeahhh not having XQ would be a problem, as he is by far her best hydro supplier (maybe high constellation Childe is idk). Barbara could maybe work in a pinch. Not sure though. Her hydro application isn't great. And you have to keep in mind that she will heal Hu Tao, who does more damage below 50% HP. Her skill will do no damage. Unlike XQ who's burst does really good damage.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

I could be wrong about this, but I believe XQ's main purpose is to reduce damage taken so that your Hu Tao doesn't get deleted at lower health values.

No, XQ is there so hu tao reverse vapes all of her damage.

Boat Stuck posted:

I would seriously consider just running a second pyro character and a VV instead. Barbara does not apply hydro often enough from off field. VV shred should cover her entire skill duration.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

However yeahhh not having XQ would be a problem, as he is by far her best hydro supplier (maybe high constellation Childe is idk). Barbara could maybe work in a pinch. Not sure though. Her hydro application isn't great. And you have to keep in mind that she will heal Hu Tao, who does more damage below 50% HP. Her skill will do no damage. Unlike XQ who's burst does really good damage.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I would seriously consider just running a second pyro character and a VV instead. Barbara does not apply hydro often enough from off field. VV shred should cover her entire skill duration.

Sigh, such is the life of someone that doesn't have XQ.

Well, I'll just get Hu Tao first, and then figure something out.

edit:

I also don't have a single anemo character (besides traveler), so yeah... VV may be an issue too

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Acerbatus posted:

Since there's finally some half-decent looking competitors starting to come together, I wonder if that'll inspire mihoyo to take another look at some of that.

Which competitors are these? I'm interested

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Boat Stuck posted:

I also don't have a single anemo character (besides traveler), so yeah... VV may be an issue too

oof. well, sayu is on hu tao's banner...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think if you ran Sayu you'd have to strongly avoid using her burst, otherwise you have that stupidly huge AOE healing Hu Tao above 50% hp constantly.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

Leaked banners:

They look like decent banners. The only real eye sore is the rainslasher, and I personally have a c6 diona.

And the leaks turn out to be 100% true:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boat Stuck posted:

This should work for Hu Tao, right?

Dragon's Bane is great on Hu Tao. I have an R4 version of it, and it rocks.

You want XQ because he can apply hydro fast enough that you can vape pretty much all of her charge attacks.

Without XQ, I seen people pull off Kaeya + Rosaria for melt Hu Tao, but it takes two teammates instead of one, requires them to be built around their energy regen and bursts, usually doesn't allow for all of her attacks to be amplified through reactions, and doesn't take advantage of the passive on the dragons bane, so lower dps. Usually you'd be splitting your time between rosaria and Hu Tao being the main DPS, with Kaeya as cryo battery. XQ is much easier to use, has higher overall DPS, and if you get caught with your pants down and no stamina, you can use hu tao's skill to vape XQ's burst, which his really hard in its own right.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
just be aware that running dragon's bane on XL is gonna require some really good energy gen for her if you want to burst off CD. If you're doing Raiden National you can probably swing it?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hazdoc posted:

just be aware that running dragon's bane on XL is gonna require some really good energy gen for her if you want to burst off CD. If you're doing Raiden National you can probably swing it?

I was able to burst off cool down with XL using a deathmatch. ER sands and at least 4 different upgrade substat hits across across her artifacts. Doable if you don't care about that much about a 4 set bonus (which she does benefit from greatly).

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I was able to burst off cool down with XL using a deathmatch. ER sands and at least 4 different upgrade substat hits across across her artifacts. Doable if you don't care about that much about a 4 set bonus (which she does benefit from greatly).

In Abyss against single-targets? Cuz even with 220% ER and a bennett, I still needed to be paying attention to my rotation or I could be short some energy against maguu kenki. Raiden National solves this easily, but without, I'd be a bit concerned, unless you don't intend to take XL's team against solo targets.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hazdoc posted:

In Abyss against single-targets? Cuz even with 220% ER and a bennett, I still needed to be paying attention to my rotation or I could be short some energy against maguu kenki. Raiden National solves this easily, but without, I'd be a bit concerned, unless you don't intend to take XL's team against solo targets.

Definitely with a Bennet assist and her bear. Still waiting for that pyro battery besides Bennet.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Just finished the bonus level of the labyrinth. Even with no reward,, it felt about infinity% better than trying to speedrun some RNG bullshit in the abyss.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I never really thought about it before, but one of the nicest things about ER-independent characters is how you can just go all in on crit.

90/180 with Cryo resonance, baby :chillout:

Now I just have to get Aloy up to par. If only I could get a Blizzard Strayer C.DMG helm that didn't roll 20% DEF, which has happened twice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I never really thought about it before, but one of the nicest things about ER-independent characters is how you can just go all in on crit.

90/180 with Cryo resonance, baby :chillout:

Now I just have to get Aloy up to par. If only I could get a Blizzard Strayer C.DMG helm that didn't roll 20% DEF, which has happened twice.

My Ayaka has the highest crit damage of any character I've ever built - 230-something%. I could probably do with some more crit rate, but due to cryo resonance + blizzard strayer it still ends up okay (I have something like 19% crit rate before resonance + artifact bonuses, which I guess works out to ~74% if stuff is frozen and 54% if it isn't). I just got exceptionally lucky with crit damage sub-stat rolls.

Her ult, assuming it manages to stay in contact with the enemy, is hands-down the most damage I'm capable of dealing. Though the "assuming it stays in contact" part is pretty relevant for any enemies that move around.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Nothing feels worse than being halfway into Ayaka's burst startup animation when your victim unfreezes and does some invincible teleport move.
Ruin sentinels, whopperflowers, mirror maidens... they all do it just to mock me.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Breach is cool, unlike Honkai's abyss which sucks but not nearly as much as Genshin's

Breach is Elysian Realm, right?

Elysian Realm is cool, but maybe a little bit difficult for something that's actually meant to be finished.

The limited character pool kind of sucks, but I like the picks they made, especially the farmables. My SSS Fischl in a setting where she's SUPPOSED to carry and Luna Kindred bonking things with an axe larger than her that gets faster each swing are both great.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Captain France posted:

Breach is Elysian Realm, right?

Elysian Realm is cool, but maybe a little bit difficult for something that's actually meant to be finished.

The limited character pool kind of sucks, but I like the picks they made, especially the farmables. My SSS Fischl in a setting where she's SUPPOSED to carry and Luna Kindred bonking things with an axe larger than her that gets faster each swing are both great.

No, Elysian Realm is something else. Threshold Breach is what I'm thinking of; similar in structure to this Genshin event but there's no running between rooms, you move on a map between combat encounters/buff opportunities and as you go through and clear it you unlock more QTE supports and characters to use.

I haven't really played HI3 since...uhh well I logged in enough to get Fischl at least, so I guess I haven't really seen Elysian Realm. I should fix that at some point.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

They are the same thing more or less. This Genshin dungeon thing is closer to Elysium because you have to use your own poo poo and the powers aren’t quite as absurd as Threshold Breach.

Genshin Threshold Breach would be poo poo like Diluc fires a flame bird on every ability use and you can summon multiple Ozs and dodoco spawns bombs on every bounce.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Generally the main the difference between The Breach and Eylsian Realm:

Breach:
-completely f2p, you start with a set character and playing unlocks more set characters with their own gear.
-Much faster in out of combat, just using menus instead of running all the way sometimes across a map to interact with one of 2-3 fiddly doors.

Eylsian realm:
-Despite saying it "scales up to level 80", you still need to actually level your character to 80 for the skill levels.
-Relies on your gear, meaning difficulty modifiers on some rotations will literally stonewall your character.
-Some rotations absolutely prevent certain characters from succeeding, I.E. one difficulty modifier reduces your damage by 30% permanently if a single different element hits the enemy.
-A downside for people here that complained about Genshin's event having too much story. It is more story here than probably Inazuma itself so far.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I don't think the complaint with this event was that there was too much story, I think it was rather the opposite: It had too much TALKING to convey what was very little actual story.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

AG3 posted:

I don't think the complaint with this event was that there was too much story, I think it was rather the opposite: It had too much TALKING to convey what was very little actual story.

Inazuma in general has way, way, way too much talking.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Not enough people said as much in the surveys apparently, because they doubled down on the talking for this event.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

AG3 posted:

Not enough people said as much in the surveys apparently, because they doubled down on the talking for this event.

I think it was established at one point that content is done about 4-6 months out or so and it feels like common survey things that are bigger than a small change typically show up around then.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Flair posted:

And the leaks turn out to be 100% true:

Quietly prepping myself for like C7 Diona and still no Sayu...

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
People complaining about the talking want a worse game with poorly realized characters. More dialogue please.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Pope Urbane II posted:

People complaining about the talking want a worse game with poorly realized characters. More dialogue please.
I want a skip cutscene button when I say it actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, just because there's a lot of dialogue doesn't mean it all needs to be there. I'm fine with long-rear end cutscenes if there's a lot of information or characterization, but a lot of the cutscenes in this event basically like reframing the same information three different ways. Childe says something, Paimon repeats it, then you basically repeat it to Xinyan but with anything that implicates Childe removed.

Part of this is that Genshin never really has scenes with a ton of characters in them. FGO events are also wordy as hell but they have like 30 characters in them rotating in and out and that makes dialogue less stale. This event is the same five people forever. And that'd be fine if we were getting intense character focus, but we kinda don't. Xinyan gets some and there's a bit more foreshadowing with Paimon but despite spending a whole event with him there's not really any more characterization on Childe's part, and only a bit more information.