Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

now that i've :airquote:de-rusted:airquote: by reaching Lost Bastille and realizing I wasted all my titanite i've started over and gone back to dex sorcerer, yeah baby yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go
Oh yeah I forgot to mention Demon's Souls had a great soundtrack. More "weird" and experimental than Dark Souls's.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I never played Myst while growing up. I guess you could say I Myst out.

more falafel please

forums poster

Jolo posted:

I never played Myst while growing up. I guess you could say I Myst out.

I wonder how you would feel about it now. I was like obsessed with it, but I was also like 11. now it's nostalgia so I still like it, but I wonder if it's at all interesting if you don't have that nostalgia

like it's a not-that-complicated puzzle game with a not-that-in-depth story and visuals that were amazing in 1996

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Jolo

more falafel please posted:

I wonder how you would feel about it now. I was like obsessed with it, but I was also like 11. now it's nostalgia so I still like it, but I wonder if it's at all interesting if you don't have that nostalgia

like it's a not-that-complicated puzzle game with a not-that-in-depth story and visuals that were amazing in 1996

There's an updated version on game pass. I'll check it out. I'm gonna have to look up vids of the original version because now that I think on it I remember playing it for like 5 minutes on my Uncle's computer years ago.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I was riding my horse during a melancholy moment in rdr2 and put the camera in cinematic view just in time to watch my horse slam face first into an unseen tree and launch me off a cliff

Bobby Deluxe

i pressed the wrong button during a bandit ambush and started skinning my horse while getting shot, a lot

Jolo

I love stuff like that in video games. Like the button to jump out of the car is right next to the buttons for gas and brake so it's easy to just jump out in a game when in real life it's a whole separate thing and way less likely to accidentally do.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Jolo posted:

I love stuff like that in video games. Like the button to jump out of the car is right next to the buttons for gas and brake so it's easy to just jump out in a game when in real life it's a whole separate thing and way less likely to accidentally do.

uhh, y-yeah, totally silly when people just fall out of their cars on the way home from work, heh right guys?
who would do a thing like that, heh, yeah...

Jolo

Lining my garage with cushions so I can dive out after I pull into my driveway and let the car come to a cushiony stop.

Farecoal

There he go
Okay I've decided the best part of Souls games is when skeleton enemies fall off a ledge. Their falling animation is just so wonderful and it always makes me giggle

Farecoal

There he go
I'm going to play through all the Souls games again because playing Demon's activated my brain. I've already started 1 and lost 60000 souls and 5 humanity in Blighttown so that's very cool

Bobby Deluxe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRzYb3Xx_HM

The best farm with the worst name indeed.

Lurkers Must Ghost

by Pragmatica
I'm playing Fatal Frame but it's weird. Why do they make you play as the villain?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Prof. Crocodile

I thought about playing dark souls remastered on the switch, but then I thought about the anor Londo archers and I was like nah gently caress that.

Farecoal

There he go

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I thought about playing dark souls remastered on the switch, but then I thought about the anor Londo archers and I was like nah gently caress that.

The Switch version is also locked at 30 frames which probably wouldn't help

Mummy Napkin
this drat pokemon moba is addicting

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Man I can't even make myself play the game knowing that I gotta fight 4K or the library boss ever again

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Mummy Napkin posted:

this drat pokemon moba is addicting

Wat dis

Also thanks to whoever recommended Into the Breach. I was worried it would be too small-scale or something like that, but it's fabulous.

Mummy Napkin

it’s called pokemon unite and you can get it on switch and mobile. of course it’s simplified quite a bit, but nuanced enough to be pretty dang fun.

i would’ve played a lot more dota if the matches were bite sized like unite.

Scaly Haylie

forty dollar ninetales skin

Scaly Haylie

reject modernity

return to str build

Farecoal

There he go

Scaly Haylie posted:

reject modernity

return to str build

Playing as mage: Wow Dark Souls really is as hard as they say!

Playing as str: Oh nvm

Scaly Haylie

Farecoal posted:

Playing as mage: Wow Dark Souls really is as hard as they say!

Playing as str: Oh nvm

magic missile and big hammer are not mutually exclusive

StupidSexyMothman

i am having a lot of fun with red dead 2 but i am not happy that The Algorithm knows i am playing and keeps trying to hit me with spoilers

also i don't think the face concealing mechanism works at all because i've been busted by name doing literally anything and everything illegal, including (but not limited to) stagecoach pilfery, train robbing, hogtying and feeding a random passerby to the alligators, sniping another rando from ~440 feet away because my sense of distance is apparently 2/3 of what I think it is for one of the challenges, and backtalking the law

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Yeah I rarely got it to work with the bandana but if you go to the horse items wheel you can equip full face masks that have a better chance

Scaly Haylie

persona 5 is really good

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Picked up deathloop on sale and it's neat but I'm still probably on the tutorial since i see shiny time objects but can't collect them.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I want to play Persona but alas I have every system but the one I need.

Farecoal

There he go

Scaly Haylie posted:

persona 5 is really good

:yeah:

Scaly Haylie

Scaly Haylie posted:

persona 5 is really good

big asterisk on this, people!!! i have just found out that getting the good ending, by which i mean not getting the bad ending that doesn't let you play the whole game, requires you to max out your status with a certain confidant, and bridging that gap is not possible with the time i have before they leave. i am restarting the game because i love it that much but BIG loving PSA: MAX OUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR EARLY OR ELSE gently caress YOU

Jolo

Scaly Haylie posted:

big asterisk on this, people!!! i have just found out that getting the good ending, by which i mean not getting the bad ending that doesn't let you play the whole game, requires you to max out your status with a certain confidant, and bridging that gap is not possible with the time i have before they leave. i am restarting the game because i love it that much but BIG loving PSA: MAX OUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR EARLY OR ELSE gently caress YOU

oh that stinks! I think Persona 4 Golden had some stuff added where you had to max the new character (added in Golden) to see. However, I thought the new character wasn't all that interesting and the post-normal ending content didn't add much. It felt tacked on instead of like a nice addition.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

French Accent

won my first ever game of apex: legends last night

Scaly Haylie

Farecoal

There he go
I beat Ornstein and Smough my first try this run :)

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Got a pretty good week of games here:

FFV Pixel Remaster
GTA Trilogy
SMT V
Forza Horizon V

The weird Skyrim update with the fishing.

Heather Papps

hello friend

looking forward to your impressions of this one. the only thing i've seen about it is the nintendo direct which made me do a full body groan of nerdy frustration. i'll likely get it at some point cause i love smt very very much but it might be a while.
i'm still working through a long backlog and spending more time dicking around in deep rock galactic than actually progressing through control or whatever. i gave up on arkham city because it did not hook me and it sparked no joy.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

kalel

Farecoal posted:

I beat Ornstein and Smough my first try this run :)

That's pretty badass, not gonna lie.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

In Forza I have made my driver avatar into an adult Tina belcher. The color of the clothing doesn't match, but the general style and hair is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go

kalel posted:

That's pretty badass, not gonna lie.

Thanks (if this isn't sarcastic). I get the feeling Kalameet is going to be the hardest one to beat, what else is new

I would love to play SMT V but Switch exclusivity suuuuuucks