Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just bought 1001st hyper tower and severed steel on steam sale not realizing they are almost the same game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

they both have really really good soundtracks

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
poe dameron

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

wtf aoe4 is like 132gb

distortion park fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 29, 2021

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Roosevelt posted:

is pathfinder kingmaker any good?

its very good if you like an epic 150+ hour crpg

also it has a better story than poe2

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

pointsofdata posted:

wtf aoe4 is like 132gb

reported 89 gigs on game pass, still enough that i had to put off installing it until i figure out what else i am not going to play anymore :q

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao apparently the Amazon MMO 'New World' is a cobbled-together shitshow

https://twitter.com/_watsu/status/1453506380074213381

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

it just keeps getting worse

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao apparently the Amazon MMO 'New World' is a cobbled-together shitshow

https://twitter.com/_watsu/status/1453506380074213381

went to look this up and found out that until recently you could also straight up type html tags into chat to spam it with images and also scale the images to cover the entire screen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah new world is definitely a product of amazon's game strategy, that strategy being "let's buy a bunch of high profile game tech and people and dump them all in a big pile and it'll turn into an industry-leading studio"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

haveblue posted:

yeah new world is definitely a product of amazon's game strategy, that strategy being "let's buy a bunch of high profile game tech and people and dump them all in a big pile and it'll turn into an industry-leading studio"

This is what he did with blue origin too. It ended up being staffed completely by ex contractors. :laugh:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status...%3D4280lastpost

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

surprised they haven’t just cut and run

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

installed aoe4 from game pass

without the 4K videos it is 35gb downloaded, 63gb extracted

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

I got gamepass earlier this month for the first time as it was cheaper than getting EA play directly which I wanted to get to give BF2042 a try when it releases in 2 weeks and also so I could play whatever else is on gamepass. I thought I'd give AOE4 a try except it kept failing to start downloading and would throw an error code that I could find no information about. Same thing happening with other games on it, even one that had previously successfully downloaded that I uninstalled to test if that would work again and it didn't lmao. Eventually I figured out it wasn't likeing me using quad9 as my dns (or maybe DNSSEC I dunno) great service ms. even loving reinstalled windows because who knows with their garbage deployment system. yet still not the worst gaming service lol

chestnut santabag fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 30, 2021

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

checking out the Xbox cloud gaming service because it’s included in game pass

the titles available are a subset of the regular game pass titles, and it’s running Xbox games not pc games

BUT I did notice a “touch enabled” category where the service puts a button overlay on your screen so you can play without a controller plugged in

it was in this way that I killed 2 hours playing octopath on my iPhone

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

good. the entire mess was caused by them not taking enough time to actually do things properly.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I have been rotating between a bunch of CRPGs. I never played the original baldur's gates games as a kid and it's been a real treat.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I broke down and bought the remaining HOI4 dlc while it’s 50% off because I’ve been having way too much fun with it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i decided to replay kingdom come deliverance and it still rules

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

been going around in cp2077 and finishing up the little misc encounters and this is definitely an area where 2077 falls down compared to witcher 3, these are way more samey and generic. witcher contracts all had a little bit of flavor that made each one mildly interesting, but these scanner events are all the same.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

carry on then posted:

been going around in cp2077 and finishing up the little misc encounters and this is definitely an area where 2077 falls down compared to witcher 3, these are way more samey and generic. witcher contracts all had a little bit of flavor that made each one mildly interesting, but these scanner events are all the same.

does sound like a time crunch difference for sure

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I replayed SOMA for halloween and it is still extremely good

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

carry on then posted:

Same. Also I found some tech gun that let me shoot through walls and never needed to use anything else for basically half the game. The main story was good though and it was/is a genuinely impressive looking game. I'll play it again in 2022 I guess.

anyway whens The Witcher 3 enhanced out? I don't really have time to play it but I should probably try.

it's that or c4ing quad bikes in BF2042 and slamming into tanks over and over and over as this year's winter time sink.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I've been enjoying AoE4 but it's very much aoe2: edition 3

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i have so far found it a boring retread and am happy i only went for it free on game pass

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i have so far found it a boring retread and am happy i only went for it free on game pass

I’m enjoying it right now but yes this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

pointsofdata posted:

I've been enjoying AoE4 but it's very much aoe2: edition 3

Were people expecting some else? There is only so much you can change about the game.

The game seems okay but i'm going to wait for a sale or them to add more stuff before buying it.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

what does the rts ecosystem look like right now anyway?

aoe4 and Starcraft and Warcraft 3 remakes?

or have there been other rts release that I just haven’t noticed?

if so, have they been any good?

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

think mobas became the mainstream rts

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

gently caress that garbage

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

multiplayer first/only games might as well not exist for me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sc1 and sc2 both still have competitive scenes, but sc1 is pretty much korea only and sc2 is propped up pretty much entirely by old people like me who enjoy watching it.

wc3 i think is dead cause the remake was so bad.

aoe4 just came out so i doubt anyone knows whats gonna happen with it.

there have been a handful of attempts at other RTSes, but none have come close to the success of the starcrafts. a few years back activision killed off the starcraft 2 team and its pretty much on life support now. a bunch of the devs left and formed their own studios so we're waiting to see what happens there.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The Fool posted:

multiplayer first/only games might as well not exist for me

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I have been rotating between a bunch of CRPGs. I never played the original baldur's gates games as a kid and it's been a real treat.

How is it holding up for you?
I did BG2: EE a few years back without any real prior experience, and I enjoyed it up to a point, but got pretty frustrated after a while. The AD&D rules just don't click really well for me.

PS:T is at least nice because you can cheese through it and just enjoy the story. But I'm a big fan of the QOL improvements in newer games.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shoeberto posted:

How is it holding up for you?
I did BG2: EE a few years back without any real prior experience, and I enjoyed it up to a point, but got pretty frustrated after a while. The AD&D rules just don't click really well for me.

PS:T is at least nice because you can cheese through it and just enjoy the story. But I'm a big fan of the QOL improvements in newer games.

I like it although it is pretty janky both because of the infinity engine and early versions of D&D.

Planescape torment rocks, it's one of the few games i've played where you can avoid almost every fight by talking to people.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you didnt mention disco elysium but its up there. sorry if you already played

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you didnt mention disco elysium but its up there. sorry if you already played

i started playing that but think i picked the wrong character type for how i wanted to play it and got bored quickly.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

aoe4 is odd cause it plays very similar to 2 but all the upgrades and factions make it very confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i never finished disco elysium, I softlocked myself twice requiring me to edit my save to continue and it really took the wind out of my sails