Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Never not rolling my eyes at twitchy idiots who quit the moment they get dropped on a hot drop. Especially when we're obviously winning regardless. Those few extra seconds at looking at loading screens rather than waiting to get revived are vital apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone ever dropped because they can see their pubby teammate trying to figure a way back to your box which will absolutely just get them killed ?

Ive thought about it before so i just wondered.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
If people are hot dropping and forcing you into these POIs with 8 other teams I see no reason to stick around for it. They obviously don't care enough to play for placement in a BR game.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

ZeusCannon posted:

Has anyone ever dropped because they can see their pubby teammate trying to figure a way back to your box which will absolutely just get them killed ?

Man some of my most fun moments have been heisting a teammates banner out of a hot fight zone though, where you have to come back through and then run. I get that thought though, but it can be a lot of fun to try for it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Japanese ALGS is wild

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's pretty funny how they nerfed Seer exactly in the ways I wanted to and he went from OP to bottom butt

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Japanese ALGS is wild

A fun buff for crypto would be to call in fake respawns. Just a random thought i had. Theyd have to differentiate and put a cooldown on it but itd be fun to use as bait.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
nah they should just let him call in the character select screen

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1454822192697446404

i love the funny robot man he always makes me laugh with his japes and jokes

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

ZeusCannon posted:

Never take away the opportunity to clutch.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hackan Slash posted:

Never take away the opportunity to clutch.

No matter how small? Even if its a mercy?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1455187966201040904

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reactive Prowler but without select fire. Man we've come a long way since the reactive R99 and Longbow. I wanted to like the reactive Volt but the bug legs are really distracting.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

ZeusCannon posted:

No matter how small? Even if its a mercy?

The smaller it is, the more epic and exciting it will be.

:c00lbert:

But yes, be prepared to shake your head in disappointment.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Questions:
I love playing as Loba but I don't really understand how the store works in terms of what you can take at any one time or what the currency essentially is. I just open up the store and hope for the best.

Also, the Volt with all the trimmings is a sweet little close engagement weapon, is that known?

Oh yeah does the new map launch today?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
black market allows you to pick up any item within the radius. every player gets up to two items and an unlimited amount of ammo. it's not a store, she's a thief.

the volt without all the trimmings is a sweet little close engagement weapon the volt is very good.

new map today yeah

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Questions:
I love playing as Loba but I don't really understand how the store works in terms of what you can take at any one time or what the currency essentially is. I just open up the store and hope for the best.

You can take unlimited ammo. Anything else you are limited to two pulls - you get a full stack of whatever you pull but you only get two goes at it. There's no currency to be had, you just get to see what's in the surrounding area and get to take two things.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The other thing you can do with the black market is steal one (only one) item from the locked vaults on Worlds Edge and Olympus without needing a key

Only Loba herself can do it however, and after you yoink an item the black market will be immediately destroyed and the vault will sound an alarm

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you can steal stuff from ramparts shop too

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

huh i never thought to try that

does it explode the black market like vaults do?

err
Apr 11, 2005

can you steal the gold items in caustic's area on KC? even if they are below the surface?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ugh, i'm gonna have to test that aren't i.

I think you can. If i can load up tonight i'll report back. Patch they though, servers gonna be hammered.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

repiv posted:

huh i never thought to try that

does it explode the black market like vaults do?

Yep.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

err posted:

can you steal the gold items in caustic's area on KC? even if they are below the surface?

wiki says yes

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Oh sweet, didn't realise the wiki for this game was good. Guess i'll just use that in future.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Random, unsolicited Loba tips:

Once you're out of the early game and it feels like everyone is reasonably kitted, don't plop markets on cooldown just for funsies. The pulse has a reasonable chance of attracting attention for a low chance of upgrades. I usually ask in voice and text chat if anyone is looking for anything, and let them know that I won't be popping markets unless they specifically want something. Of course, with proper teamwork, you can set a market up as bait.

On the flip side, if you're in a firefight and your position is somewhat static, pop a market immediately. You aren't giving away your position anymore, and there might be a grenade or an armor swap in the market you can use to turn the fight.

You want to close your markets when you move away from them 95% of the time. Even if you looted the area reasonably well and everything is quiet, there's no reason to let another team top off their ammo if they should happen on it. Notice that when you have your shop open you can tell if your squad mates have taken their two items, so you can avoid closing it on someone who still wants a pull.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

For final circles if you drop the Loba ult consider grabbing shield swaps right away and draining the area of light and heavy ammo.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i won my only rat solo game as loba by listening to what people were fighting with in the final three and vacuuming up all the energy ammo so i could ambush the survivors who were desperately searching boxes when i jumped them, lol.

err
Apr 11, 2005

Boxman posted:

Random, unsolicited Loba tips:

Once you're out of the early game and it feels like everyone is reasonably kitted, don't plop markets on cooldown just for funsies. The pulse has a reasonable chance of attracting attention for a low chance of upgrades. I usually ask in voice and text chat if anyone is looking for anything, and let them know that I won't be popping markets unless they specifically want something. Of course, with proper teamwork, you can set a market up as bait.

On the flip side, if you're in a firefight and your position is somewhat static, pop a market immediately. You aren't giving away your position anymore, and there might be a grenade or an armor swap in the market you can use to turn the fight.

You want to close your markets when you move away from them 95% of the time. Even if you looted the area reasonably well and everything is quiet, there's no reason to let another team top off their ammo if they should happen on it. Notice that when you have your shop open you can tell if your squad mates have taken their two items, so you can avoid closing it on someone who still wants a pull.

I play Loba a lot and learned how distracting it is plopping down your ult for pubbies. We've gotten jumped so many times.

I only do it in high loot concentration areas now.

Also a tip: use your ult to block doors like caustic traps.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Updated the OP with season 11 info, along with various formatting improvements.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Chemmy posted:

For final circles if you drop the Loba ult consider grabbing shield swaps right away and draining the area of light and heavy ammo.

I think this is why loba sees fringe play in ALGS. when you still have 18 squads still alive in round 4 all packed into individual floors of buildings, consumables are at a premium.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Questions:

Also, the Volt with all the trimmings is a sweet little close engagement weapon, is that known?

Oh yeah does the new map launch today?

The Volt is also good at midrange if you slap a 2x on it. The main drawback to using it at that range is that you lose the headshot multiplier since it's an SMG but the base damage and mag size are enough to make up for that imo.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

When exactly is the season supposed to hit?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

90 minutes from now according to Shrugtal

runchild
May 26, 2010

SpiritOfLenin posted:

When exactly is the season supposed to hit?

Updates, patches, and most other things usually drop at 1pm Eastern. AFAIK there has been no official communication about it so I’d assume the default. YMMV as to when things actually become playable, though.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

runchild posted:

YMMV as to when things actually become playable, though.

Yeah, for anyone who came on board between last season and today, Respawn is incredibly bad at this. Expect difficulties getting in for a day or two, and general server fuckiness for a few days after that. This past season was especially bad; hopefully we don't get a repeat.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
sometimes season launches are OK and then a month in they do an event or something and the servers catastrophically fail for like a week. the servers can scale sometimes but not other times.

i legit think they're waaaaaay under provisioning their servers but some disagree.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Regrettable posted:

The Volt is also good at midrange if you slap a 2x on it. The main drawback to using it at that range is that you lose the headshot multiplier since it's an SMG but the base damage and mag size are enough to make up for that imo.

The Volt is my go-to weapon, it's just so versatile and accurate, and unlike the R99 it doesn't dump 3 full ammo stacks in a single engagement. Volt + Longbow is one of my favorite setups.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i gave it up for the l star season but with that finally coming back to earth it will stop being my parts holder and start being my preferred primary again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Also shilling for the volt, it is incredibly versatile, even at range, and keeps all the movement I want thanks to it being an smg.

I usually pair it with a long range option (Triple-take) and just go from there. I love it way more than the r99!